All Comments on 'It's In The Wrong Catagory'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 341 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WORK HARD....PLAY HARD

maintain your ethics and morals...good things do happen for the very best, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
This is a Strange Tale

Truthfully I don't get the point. You have written some great tales and I won't say this isn't great. I just don't understand why. Why what? I don't fucking know. Just why.

No rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WRITE MORE!!!

You've got a few "UNFINISHED" Stories out there.....Get back to work!!!

Thank you for your efforts....I'm going to hate it when you go legit.....

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Fun little jaunt...

...I quite enjoyed it.

@betrayed I would say this story is "slice of life"... sort of. Doesn't really have a point, message, or a real plot per say. A collection of events with a little background thrown in basically.

oshawoshawover 10 years ago

Another wonderful story. I so wish I had your talent.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
A great story...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
Didn't find it strange at all

It was a sweet little story about two people getting together. I guess we're so used to the wimps and psychos here that it's sometimes hard to think that LW stories might actually involve decent people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love this story

I sure am one of your fans- Another really good one.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

This was a refreshing story. Really one where there was no scumbag (except the ex husband, but he was too minor of a character). No major betrayals, no friend vs friend, and truly a "Loving Wife".

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Loving Wife

One of the rare true loving wives stories. Nice change - 5 for making my day, rather than breaking it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Awesome, as always. I enjoy all of your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
327?

I think you meant a Smith & Wesson .357.

Mistakes like that happen in countries where they do not have the right to own firearms.

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
thanks again

well I thought he might be able to escape marriage, but alas was not to be. I thought you might have twist, even though I know better by now. Thanks again for a really lovely story

rojete15rojete15over 10 years ago
Like Lindsay Davis'

Falco novels. The general tone, the "hero", even the lead female. Very good. I've paid for some of them.

IMHO, you should go for the big leagues. Publish. If you have the time, and patience.

In any case, kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love your work

Another great story. You're one of my favorite writers.

Thank you.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Great Story

Like the development and the way the Hero comes out and speaks his Mind. instead of just "yes dear".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

A truly great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
you at the top of best writers on this site

keep writing your stories your way.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Nice

An extremely pleasant read

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 10 years ago
Obviously...

... the right category. 5*

qhml1qhml1over 10 years agoAuthor
.327 Revolver

Hey, anonymous. please don't tell my Charter Arms Patriot it's chambered in a caliber that doesn't exist. The .327 is fairly new, but Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Charter Arms, and Taurus, four mainstream manufacturers, all offer at least one model. The ammo is a little hard to get, but it's becoming more popular. And many law enforcement personnel carry them as concealed or backup weapons.

Q

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
Loved it!

A nice change of pace,where the good guy wins (and is human,people like Jerry do exist),and has a nice ending. Yeah,there were fairy tale aspects to it,but so what?It is a story to transfix the reader for a bit,and maybe even leave a tear or two:).Qhm,whether I like the outcome or not,your stories are always first rate and if you wrote professionally I would definitely support your books..(and if you wrote old style noire fiction,7th heaven)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
This was a very pleasant read.

It was a simple tale, well told. There are occasional strangely misused or spelled words, but that's hardly a distraction. The only complaint I would possibly have is that the story was pretty much a straight line with no deviations or twists and turns. Her father being rich was well known. It was just a bit of a surprise that he was the CEO. This was more of a nice little romance story, and that is not a bad thing. Good read!

ace4869ace4869over 10 years ago
Very good

I liked this story alot. Different but well written and entertaining. You did throw us a curve with the 327 revolver thing, but then I remember Federal coming out with that calibre a few years back. Thanks for the enjoyable read, oh and please finish "Finding an Editor". Thanks

Ace4869

jezzazjezzazover 10 years ago

Man, such a delight to wake up in the morning and have one of your stories to read.

Love your writing.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Good story

Despite a few proof-reading errors, nice story and good writing. Light, witty, and fun. Fairly original. Please keep it up. Five stars.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 10 years ago
Thouroughly enjoyable story from a favorite author!

As usual with your writings, I had a ball reading this! Thanks, qhml1!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Resisting the Category

Good story, but, while you "can't resist the catagory" (sic), you can resist misspelling it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It's a Romance Story of Course

Loved it. You seem to like men with stubborn streaks.

I read several comments here encouraging you to step up your game. I agree with them. It's clear to me from your current body of work that you can write a good novel if you decide to do so. "Boston to Birmingham" is proof that you can manage a long, complex story with great characters.

You also write much faster than DQS so we won't have to wait until 2020 to see it completed, although "Finding an Editor" may be evidence to the contrary. :<)

Anonymous Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it.

You did a great job.

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
Wrong category?

A story this well written should be in whatever category it wants. Thanks for another masterpiece.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

5*

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Nice.....

Well done story with the fairy tale happy ending to wrap it all up.

Thanks!

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
CLASSIC!

Classic feel good story, with a happy no wimps ending. No wimps here!

Good looks, hard work, and rich beautiful women, the American dream comes true.

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 10 years ago
An example: the lit in literotica

I don't know the author, but I know literature. This is a wonderful and fun read...the lit part of it is as smooth as a pro. So I reviewed his entire ouvre and sure enough, not only has his writing improved from his first, but his imagination in constructing his stories has, too. I cannot wait for his next submission...but I must. Oh well. I hope it will be soon.

Oh yea, thanks for this and all your other stories. If only the rating scale were 1 to 10 rather than 1 to 5. In any case, this one'll be a topper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So-so

Decent story, but LOTS of mistakes proofing would have caught.

Also, I may have just zoned out, but what the hell was that prologue about? Another Jerry? I may have just missed it, but it seemed pointless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Long-winded and Eye-glazing

Long-winded barely begins to describe this eye-glazing opus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
title

tells nuff 1 star

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Great little tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

great story 5 stars

southwestcavsouthwestcavabout 10 years ago
Wonderful fairy tale

That's meant as a compliment. There are so many stories about dysfunctional people (many of them good stories) that this was a nice breath of fresh air. Reading this was a wonderful diversion.

TexasBBTexasBBabout 10 years ago
Very Nice

Nice work on this. An enjoyable read.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Sugar, no spice, a bit too nice.

Like my stories with more of an edge. Still well written. 4*

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
Really good

Another excellent story. Just a shame that in real life hard work and loyalty don't count for anything.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
for those who are disposed to be entertained with minimal actual thinking.

Horatio Alger slings a few drinks, ducks a few skanks & scamps, scores a damsel on the posh side of the tracks. Pulp frisson that is as entertaining, it is disposable. Vanilla indulgence with an unapologetic side of whipped cream.

Alaska84Alaska84about 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Another masterpiece! Thanks for all your stories.

Now that is what I call a love story. With a twist and a happy outcome. I wish I had a drop of your ability to write.

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
*****

Thanks for a fun story. Geeze, is anyone THAT honorable? Particularly when it involves a bit of fluff. Good show! Cheers!

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Cool Title

The title got my attention, and I had to read it. Glad that I did, it's the most pleasant read in a long time. I'm fairly new to the site, and haven't read all of the authors yet. I'll be reading more of your work,qhml1, when I get time. Your work is truly enjoyed and appreciated. Good solid 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
not bad

A nice feel good story, but it was about two pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story

But probably should be "Romanatic." So I could only give you a "5" rating. Thanks for your work and for your attention to connecting all of the details and threads.

phd70phd70about 10 years ago
First Class Tale, full of life lessons!

Fine tale, with lessons on honesty, friendship and success through hard work and honoring the Golden Rule. The Bartender was a little too good to be believable, but this is fiction and the author has a right to a little exaggeration! Thanks qhml1. Dan

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Wrong category huh? Maybe Romance? But in the end, who really cares where you post it as long as we get to enjoy a well written, enjoyable story. Thanks.

dragginlizarddragginlizardabout 10 years ago
homey

a great story intertwined with the old adage that the good guy always wins. thanks for this fine example. its pretty nice to read an erotic story now and then that's not all about the sex scenes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Damned good tale

Well told and well rounded-off.

Apart from the usual problems with the spell-checker it's damned near perfect.

73

HP

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Entertaining

Five stars. I agree that the author could probably make some good money if he made it available in book format. I also agree that it is light but some times that is what we want...

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

Good story but Marie got on my nerves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I enjoyed the hell out of this one. Jerry is a great character, a true gentleman in an age that has forgotten they exist. I'd pay money for this story, and that really says it all. Thanks for writing it, Qhml1

JackorChuckJackorChuckabout 10 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you for an outstanding story.

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
Very Smooth

Perfect reading on Super Sunday. Feels great, goes down easy, 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
We should be so lucky

"Mistakes like that happen in countries where they do not have the right to own firearms."

Gun fondlers think everyone has their fetish about guns making their short dicks look longer.

Great story, qhm. It would have been better if you hadn't even mentioned that Easton Weston 372 or whatever the fuck it was.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Good Story As Usual

I did get a little uneasy with the stalking, controlling nature of Marie's efforts to coral the protagonist. Maybe that's chapter two.

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
OK

Great way to get over a really lousy game. Great story ad easy, fun read.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Huh?

Liked the story!

BUT, I do NOT understand the meaning behind the odd finishing statement about the title. Is it some kind of insider joke or reference? Yeah, it might have been better-placed in Romance, but WHY misspell Category as CATAGORY? Especially in the title!

Several people have 'fixed' the ignorance of ANON '327' regarding the first more-effective smaller-calibre (i.e., sub 9mm) and more-concealable handgun. The .327 Magnum may NOT be ideal if you need to defend against Kodiak bears (or even pissed-off wild boars) but is a good one-shot deterrent if molested by human thugs. Kudos to Q for acknowledging something that perfectly fits a realistic niche! Granted, the .357 Magnum is an older, better known AND more powerful (one-shot-stop, in most cases) round, but the .327 does do what Q says it does!

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

ValerionValerionabout 10 years ago
Very fun read but ...

I really liked this story and it definitely wound up on my favorites list but I had one problem with this. When they first had sex, she fucked him while he was knocked out loopy on drugs and barely cognizant. I'm sorry..but that is textbook rape. If a man had done that to a woman, he'd have been thrown in jail. It shouldn't matter that it was a woman doing it to a man; if a person can not give consent, then it is still rape.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

An excellent tale. Five stars.

cueball961cueball961about 10 years ago
Superb!

I've liked many of your efforts and you're one of my favorite writers on this site. This was yet another in a string of winners.

I like a story with a good guy, a working class hero who manages to grab the brass ring through pluck and perseverance. This had all the good elements including a really nice romance included.

I gave this the full five star salute and a spot on my favorites list. Well done.

cueball961cueball961about 10 years ago
One More Thing...

The .327 Magnum dust up was just silly. I've never owned one, but it's a very effective self defense round. Granted, it doesn't have the knockdown power of the .357 Magnum, but it isn't near as likely to overpenetrate either, and the recoil and muzzle blast is much more manageable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wrong category..

Ha. Ha. Indeed. Given the cheating wife, cuck stories that dominate the sardonically named loving wives catsgory this was a pleasant break. Five.

qhml1qhml1about 10 years agoAuthor
Lickedeesplit

Here's the thing. Almost invariably, whenever something I write get posted, there's almost always one or two who thinks it doesn't belong in that category. If it's in Loving Wives, it should have been in Romance. If it's in Romance, it should have been in Non Erotic, If it's there, I'm told it should have been somewhere else. So no matter where it ends up, it's automatically in the wrong place.

I deliberately spelled 'Category' wrong, because I always end up with a misspelled word or twelve in the story somewhere. Incidentally, all the rest of the misspelled words in this story weren't deliberate. And the tag line was because I've had a few ask me what significance the title has to the story.

So I thought it would be funny to ball them all together.

On another note, I'd like to thank whoever nominated me for a Clitorides Award. I didn't know anything about it until my son, who monitors my stories so he can give me a ration of crap in person about my mistakes, told me about them. So thanks again.

Stay warm, stay dry, and keep your computer on. You never know what's coming.

Q

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Even if it's in the wrong category it's a great story. Well written and quite gripping. Thanks for sharing an awesome story.

likeboblikebobabout 10 years ago

Nice light-hearted tale, too bad it was totally predictable.I appreciate your effort and thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Worth reading, no matter the Catagory.

I've got to agree with SparksWillFly, and to some extent, Valerian. This was a fine story, and well written, but the longer it went, the less likable I found Marie. She started out sweet, but became pushy, sneaky, manipulative, had no respect for the morals she claimed to admire in him at first, and seemed all about playing games

Bringing a date to make him jealous? You never mentioned it was a junior high dance. Oh. She was also married to another man at the time. She was older than Jerry, but seemed less mature. At times I wondered if perhaps she really had no intention to actually leave her husband and was just using him. There were so many red flags with her, I'm not convinced this would turn out to be so happy an ending in the long run.

That said, I still enjoyed the story and am happy to see you writing more frequently.

Cog

ken philipsken philipsabout 10 years ago
Loved This Story

This story was just so different. Should it have been in Romance or Erotic Couplings instead of Loving Wives? It was not wank material but genuine enthralling romance with a touch of sex. So skilfully done, it grabbed you in & kept you till the end. I am also a big fan of happy endings (whenever possible & makes sense) & this one certainly delivered there. The 2 main characters - Jerry & Marie - were believable and very likable. 5 stars without hesitation! Ken

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nicely crafted

It says a lot about a story with very little sex in it to be this well accepted at a site devoted to erotica. I guess, when you realize that the most important sex organ is found between your ears, it's easy to understand why something that is this well written is so entertaining and, well, sexy. Sorry I couldn't provide any well honed critical comment. No sharp jagged parts stuck out that I could see that needed smoothing! Nice work! I look forward to reading more.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
Category !

I am not sure if this is or isn't in the correct category.

There is a husband, a wife, and lovers.

Any way it could have gone into another category perhaps.

It is still a good read and enjoyable and for a change a happy ending and no cuckolding !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
loser cataGorie

would be correct. 1 star

bcduffybcduffyabout 10 years ago
anomyous

I realize this is expected in all writing categories, that you cant please everyone but I found this a very good story even though it was a bit different. but I feel your comments were not what they should be, everything was in this story to make it a great read.

RTnTNRTnTNabout 10 years ago
5 *

Excellent as always, Sir. You are one of the best writers on Lit. Thank you.

mallahmallahabout 10 years ago
*SIGH*

''Finding an Editor'' ...''Finding an Editor''...''Finding an Editor''...lmao...

gregbabegregbabeabout 10 years ago
Excellent !!!

We love really good stories with exceptional endings!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Such a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You are right!

This story IS in the wrong category, but if it had been where I think it ought to have been, I'd never have found it. I guess I'll look at more romance stories.

Thanks for a great read

LCDad

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeabout 10 years ago
:/

She was way too controlling

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
People need to read to comprehend -

At least sometimes -

Go back and read the author's description - "And the title has nothing to do with the story"

The story how ever was great - a lot of fun and a good illustration of love conquers all - multiple times in the same story lol -

Thank you -

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This is one of only a handful stories I've given five stars to, because I feel that the highest possible voting shouldn't be wasted on the many good and enjoyable stories. Instead I give them to rare stories that are special for one reason or another. Aside from the fact that the quality of the writing was very good and the plot was coherent (not always a sure thing here on Literotica, as I've come to realize), the bar-tending did it for me. Before I got my degrees, tending the bar was my night job for a while and this tale allowed me to relive some of those exciting memories. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Second to none

You are top of the class among the elite authors on this site. Your stories are wonderful, your characters are unique and immensely likeable and your dialog is often scintillating .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
another great one

great line "do you plan on talking the whole time" no "I plan on screaming"

your one of the rare few here keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Damned fine story

Too many stories around here are in the wrong category...this is not one of them. Not a cuck or whore in sight (male whore perhaps), no BDSM (a spanking hardly qualifies, I should think) and you successfully included actual markings of good character in many of the players. Nearly Stangstar quality, which I pretty much consider the gold standard around here. Well developed, well written, and an excellent ending to round things out. It's all the more appreciated after reading so many other stories that fail to satisfy on any level, tho I'm certain most of the other authors have good intentions and a desire to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wrong category !!

That said, I have to give this superbly written story a full 5***** .

'The dreaded anon.'

DWornockDWornockalmost 10 years ago
A bit over the top to be completely realistic.

Regardless, it is a well written story that I really enjoyed. I gave it 5 stars.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
I was educated by this

I hadn't realized that old world gentlemen were the products of dive bars and honkey tonks. It was left out of Emily Post's biography the time she spent slinging drinks in the gin joints in Whitechapel. I blame her editor for leaving out this crucial piece of information.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Liked it

I couldn't figure out why she felt the need to make him jealous though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story. Don't know how I missed it. 5 stars

It's been a while since you have submitted anything. Don't you have something for your fans?

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
loved his response

The way his dad gave his career advice and the way he handled the ladies was priceless. However, he was truly a gentleman in almost every sense of the word... Also, loved the title.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
Just right!

I loved it! A simple story told so consistently that it made me sure you were a great bartender, with just enough side issues to hold my interest. You drew the main characters well, and the supporting cast were just a blast! A fun read without insulting my intelligence. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great, great, great story.

I've got to stop reading the titles and just read everything by "Q". Loved all aspects of this story. Very good. Too bad Lit doesn't have Six Stars...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories