All Comments on 'Jake The P.I.'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I really liked this story

Nice change of pace and genre DG.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Damn good DG!

A longer read but difinitely one of your bests. Don't know how you do it. Story after story of quality.

Thanks again for all of your stories.

An avid reader and fan of DG.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Very Good.

A very interesting read.

He spent a lot of time, and energy, getting around to his true love. And went through a lot of women and marriages.

Good story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
Well hit ... Deep fly ball way WAY back!!!!

the center fielder at the walll ....looks Up ... see ya Mr Spalding!!!!

Home run DG Hear !!!!

Great one DG... You are versatile and resourceful and as someone who WAS a PI and fraud investigor with AIG and Wells Frago for many years (but not now) I can tell ya this story was very good.

The crowd is going wild....

budd100budd100almost 18 years ago
Good Read

Another good read from one of my favorite writers. I like your style of writing also. There is not a lot of fluff and unneeded words, just the facts, maam. Keep up the good work.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Another great story from DG Hear

Just great DG.

The only thing that really was to far over the top for me was the goodbye conversation between Doris and Jake. All the civil shit of Doris saying yeah she’s a whore, and Doris crying and telling Jake he’s the best lover in the world. This is one cold-blooded broad throughout the story, and she is now being a sympathetic, remorseful and loving person. Just a little too much.

I’m in good company liking your work You are really branching out of late, and doing it so very well.

With the highest respect

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Drivel

This tale contains some of the worst drivel that I've ever had the misfortune to read on this site.

The entire premise of the story is totally ludicrous. The author's knowledge of the judicial system and the legal process is so poor that the legal scenario played out in front of the "judge" is absurd. There just isn't the slighest connection to reality in the entire ridiculous plot.

Moreover the dialogue is so awful that it would never enen make it into the worst comic book. For example, can you imagine two grown men repeating the following purple prose?

"Jim, we were both military heroes and now best of friends. You don't owe me. You're as good a friend as a person could ask for and I will always watch your back." Hahahahahahaha!!!

No one with more than a seventh grade education or above the mental age of 12 can find anything of value in this story. It reeks!

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Another great read from one of my favorite authors

This was quite a long one but, without a doubt, one of your best. You brought out to us the mundane and often devious work of the PI and wove it into a rather entertaining tale. The characters (even Roger and Doris) were realistic and the plot held together. The legal scenario played out in front of the "judge" is far from absurd. In many ‘civilised’ countries the parties can agree to an arbitration procedure where the Arbiter has the standing and powers of a judge whose decisions are final. The goodbye conversation between Doris and Jake was typical of Doris the scheming, cold-blooded but honest bitch. She is not stupid! Things with Roger are not yet settled so a “little bit of insurance” is called for. Yes she is some smart cookie; her marrying Roger’s millionaire dad proves this. A nice touch DG! An avid fan, Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Great story DG,loved it at the end when Doris married Bennet senior.

fdkman262fdkman262almost 18 years ago
Well Written But...

As with all of DG's stuff this story was well written. However I'm frankly surprised that there was only one negative comment on the story and that was one that should have been ignored or deleted.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that there was not one likeable character in this whole story! Even Jenny was a cheat but since she was in love with Jake that seems to be OK.

Jake was the kind of PI that gives PI's a bad name. He takes the case from Roger knowing HE's the one boffing Jenny and then sets about hanging Roger for screwing Doris when Jake is doing the same thing with Jenny. Not only that but he falsifies evidence and gets his employees to falsify evidence as well plus commit perjury in court as well.

Even Jenny's father lies in court so everybody can hang Roger out to dry. Granted he's a scum bag but he's not doing anything Jake hasn't done to him so why is it OK?

Sally, who I thought was a "decent" person seems to be cooking the books since she gives Jake the fake financial statement so Doris won't try to get part of his business. I guess it's OK to lie and cheat and steal as long as you love the girl and are not just after the money.

As I said this was a very well written and well told story. I just wish there could have been one character I could have liked.

Ray

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
More fun to read.

you have given us more this time. This is up to your usual quality. One Major problem, I have suffered through inumerable court cases, most in informal settings, bur if anyone would ever have presented a weapon, of any sort, that person would have been in serious difficulty.

During all the fun, Doris wasn't the only one to be "Rogered". I love the irony of Doris ending up with the father. Everyone (except Roger) wins.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story...

and I could not stop reading it. I hope that Ed got a

pre-nup in case Doris realized that she needed love more than money in her life (Nah-she would never leave the money!).

Although I loved your stories (and this suggestion would slow down getting them) perhap you might consider writing a novel because the longer the story you write the better it is.

Thanks again for a great story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Doesn't take long, does it now ?

Maybe you have a large circle of acquaintances who like to write nice stuff about your tales, but it's only ever a matter of hours before each and every entry acquires approbation.

As an old man once said " Why is it so ? "

and stealing from a company slogan . . " simply the best" is probably the answer.

Kilroy

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
I liked the story!

FDKman262 has a good point however.

Roger is a slime ball but so is Jake.

Doris is a cheat but so is Jenny.

Almost everyone lied at some point or the other with the exception of Roger's father.

Now the fun part of all that is that he ended up with "The Best Fuck I Have Ever Had" - namely Doris.

Forget about the fact that Roger got the short end of every stick after being no more guilty than anyone else. It was a fun story and I love to see someone get it bad for cheating.

Thanks as always for your efforts.

Charleybear

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Really Great DG Hear

DG Hear That story had so much great humour DG I hope you`ll be writing more good stories like that .

Pat

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
Smile ...

I like it. What more should I say.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
I understand you were writing to a certain style ... the hardboiled PI style .. but

cheating is cheating ... Jenny also dishonored her marriage and Jake seems to have had the morals of a snake ...

mickymouse113mickymouse113almost 13 years ago
The Bad Guy Won

I feel sorry for Roger. He was seeking a divorce and was unfairly screwed. Jake and his firm were completly wrong. I would worry about what tricks they use on other customers/targets. I would love to see Roger get his revenge when one of Jakes clients gets him in hot water and his unethical/illegal practices get him 'troubled'.

-Perhaps the IRS should do an audit and descover irregularites.

Roger had lost money - not through gambling but just business practice (like alot of people) and sought a divorce using Jennys money - which he was entilted to.

Really don't like it when the bad guys triumph but it seems realistic.- They were all as bad as each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hmpffff

Bury the dude reward the cheating slut......brought it down to a three....you must be a woman.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Good story

The better people di well the others not so much -

None of the primary characters was all that honorable except Sally LOL

So if we agree all of them are badly flawed - we then re-class the worst versus the not worst heh and the not worst won Hmmm more like reality I suspect.

No matter what it was fun to read and held the interest very well - thanks -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yes

really good one, DG.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
another good one

your stories have a variety of situations and plenty of drama to hold interest with just enough sex or reference to it. My only complaint in this one was I thought Jake somewhat of a sleezeball esp the conflict of interest in bedding his client's wife.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistabout 9 years ago
Is it wrong of me...,

To be pleased that Doris came out of it okay?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Second read

As before this is fun to read story.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
A BRILLIANT STORY

loved how it all unfolded...just brilliant...at least his ex Doris got a rich man...and Roger was well and truly rogered...and loved the humour in it too...just a damn good tale....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A bit depresing

How empty marriage is to the people in this story. "Oh, she's cheating." lol. Made me want to throw up. Guess it's part of the story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
If

If he thought that much about Jenny when they were younger,why did they drift apart?.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Another good one by DG

Great story DG. Always a good read. Enjoyed it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another masterpiece. 5*

I love the weaving of the plot. Roger certainly got what he deserved and I doubt he will ever be welcomed in his former circle of friend and fuck buddies. That will be a brand new ball game for him.

I hope Jenny gets her wish for a large family.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
As some others have stated

Not a single likeable character in this story, except Roger's father.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
What

What a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He would lose his PI licence.

MythicArjunaMythicArjuna27 days ago

Fun enough story but the motley cast of characters is essentially a group of the worst possible people, morally speaking. Not one character of good moral standing. Even Sally is borderline iffy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...