Jane is Trained to Submit Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'I wish he would go. He's off in a couple of months. I admit, I'll miss him,' Margaret sighed. Both women looked into the distance, musing over the past.

'Maid!' Margaret sharply said. 'Get us both a drink, then sit down here with me,' she said, patting the sofa. Louise had done her a favour. With the daughter out of the way, she had full reign over the mother.

Hearing the ice clinking she looked up. 'Thank you, maid. Now, sit here, and listen to me,' Margaret stated. She felt genuinely sorry for the woman. Going back to a big empty house, to face an ever growing stack of bills, knowing they couldn't be paid, was a dire prospect. She had been in a similar position a few months ago, but at least she had the skill to persuade clients and re-build her business.

'You need to earn a salary, but don't have any useful skills, so what's to be done with you?' Margaret acknowledged the shrug and continued. 'You'll work here, as my maid and assistant when needed. Not much pay, but with food and lodging it will save you a lot. What do you say to that?' Margaret asked.

Jane knew she had little choice, except to accept the offer. It was practical but that wasn't the reason she was going along with it. No way would she have contemplated such a lowly position. The threat of blackmail hanging over her meant only one response was possible.

'Thank you, ma'am,' she said.

'You don't sound very enthusiastic. The least you can do is tell me you want the job!' Margaret demanded.

Forced to accept the demeaning position was bad enough. Having to say she wanted the job was adding insult to injury.

'Yes, ma'am, I want to be your maid, thank you for letting me be your maid,' Jane said, putting as much enthusiasm into it as possible.

'Good! I'll look after you and make sure you don't get into any more trouble,' Margaret lifted her chin, and smiled at her. The doleful look was too much to resist. She wrapped her arms around her maid, and kissed her forehead.

'Don't worry, the bills will be paid, and Louise will do well at college. I'll be here to make sure you do the right thing,' Margaret told her, with genuine concern.

A glimmer of realisation enlightened Jane. She felt better for saying it out loud, and became that little bit more comfortable in her new role. Or, was it just resignation to the inevitable.

In the kitchen Jane busied herself preparing dinner. Although the grip upon her was tightening, she felt happy cooking a meal for three. It was like old settled times, regularly cooking a family meal. Instead of troubling herself with the boss's latest orders, she immersed herself in a familiar routine.

As soon as Louise left for college, Jane would move into Margaret's house. It made financial sense to lease her home out to someone. Jane felt the shackles tightening about her body, securing her in this house. Under the scrutiny and control of her boss, she was becoming a manipulated object. The tormenting seemed to have stopped, so maybe, with better treatment, she might recover her composure and make a stand.

Jane noticed there were only two place settings at the table. One had been put away, so she didn't bother to fetch her plate. Instead she stood by her boss, ready to serve them, becoming used to depending on instructions. Once again her menial position in this house was being rubbed in.

'Maid, you can leave us now, we have things to discuss,' Margaret condescendingly spoke.

Margaret bobbed her head in compliance, not giving a thought to its implications, and trotted off to the kitchen where she belonged. Feeling lonely, she sat to eat the meal. Later, she washed the dishes and tidied up. With chores completed, she quietly returned to her boss, to await further instructions.

Margaret had expected the woman to regain her wits, after the initial shock over what had happened at the party. She was capable of finding some way to wriggle out from under the bolder with which Margaret had crushed her victim. Instead she had settled into being a dutiful maid. While away at a business meeting, the maid would need to be watched, and kept in place.