Jeffrey's Divorce and Recovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeff reached past her to pour another cup of coffee. He handed it to her and took her hand. He led Abby to the deck. They sat watching the sun come up and the warm relaxing rays stream between the trees surrounding the deck and yard. Neither felt the need to talk. They just sat and listened to the cattle lowing in the background and the stream tinkling past the yard. They enjoyed watching the world wake up for another glorious day. The mist hanging in the field across the stream gave the view a peaceful look.

Finally Abby got up and started toward the kitchen. Before she walked off she said, "I have to get your breakfast and get to work. Your Grandfather will fire me if I keep loafing on the job like I have been since you got here."

Jeff followed her into the kitchen and walked up behind her trapping her between himself and the stove this time. He nuzzled her neck just where it met her shoulder. He smiled when he heard her gasp and saw her tremble. He placed a gentle kiss there then pulled back and said, "Oh I would never let him get rid of you and you know he wouldn't do that anyway. He has told me you could run this place all by yourself already and he could never replace you if you decide to leave. Besides what would I do for company if you left me?"

Abby felt her stomach warm and she felt her pussy moisten as Jeff nuzzled her neck. What was happening to her? She couldn't let this happen. Jeff was a married man and besides he couldn't really be interested in her could he? No. She had to be taking things the wrong way. But why was he kissing her and seeking her out during the day? She smiled and continued cooking their meal, just basking in his presence. She had never felt this way around any other boy or man. It felt good, right even. She was content just to be with him and it felt wonderful when he held or kissed her.

Abby hadn't been gone long when his Grandfather walked through the cabin and into Jeff's office. Jeff had been trying to get some work done and was berating himself for letting his personal problems keep him from it. Jeff had not heard his Grandfather come into the cabin so he jumped when he spoke. His Grandfather said, "Jeff if you've got time I would like to discuss some of the information you gave me on Harriman Printing and some of the things we have uncovered about Howard and his friends."

Jeff felt his stomach lurch and he felt the acid release into his stomach when his Grandfather said that. He sighed and said, "I really don't want to think about that mess but I guess we'd better get it taken care of."

Jim sat in one of the large leather chairs tastefully arranged in a corner of the room. He leaned back and put his feet up on the leather footstool before he began to speak. "I finally got word from Homer that he has identified almost all the men Amy has been with since he began his surveillance of her and Howard. There are two or three he doesn't have full names on but we know all the companies they work for and will soon have all the names. Almost all the men she has been with are married and many of them have children. We have addresses for everyone whose name we know and much of their personal information besides. Now it's time to begin our moves on them. That is mostly what I want to talk to you about. How hard do you want to be on the men involved with Amy? I know when this happened to me I opted for the scorched earth policy but in retrospect I'm not sure that was the best plan in every case."

Jeff sat a moment gathering his thoughts. Jim could see his face redden with his anger and his breathing deepened and got ragged. Jim could see the struggle as he got control of his emotions before he spoke. "I want to ruin Howard and Amy. I want all the unmarried men to lose their jobs at the very least and the married ones I want broken-especially the ones we can prove knew that Amy was married. I want all the wives to have everything we gather so they can dump their cheating bastards if they want. As far as I am concerned they can all be fried. I suggest we turn our information over to the law enforcement agencies and their superiors also. If it can be proven they gave Harriman larger orders or paid more than competitors prices for the same documents they may run afoul of laws or corporate policy."

Jeff's Grandfather grinned at Jeff after he quit speaking. He said, "So far we are in total agreement. I think if we play this right we can even add a printing unit to our conglomerate. From what you have found and sent me and what Homer has found I believe we can hurt Howard enough he will have to either sell the business or go into bankruptcy. In either event I think we can pick it up for pennies on the dollar. With that in mind I have tentatively outlined a plan of attack. It has a fair chance of success but it could take several months to complete."

Jeff smiled and said, "Time is of no consequence to me. In fact, the longer we drag it out the more poor old Howard will suffer. If we play it right we can maximize his suffering and our profits. All I care about is making sure Howard and his cronies know I am the one involved in their pain. I want those bastards to suffer and to know I am pulling the strings."

Jim smiled and said, "I have no problem with that but you need to be careful. I think I have more experience in these matters and want to help you put the plan into action. We also need to keep Steve in the loop so he can keep us on the right side of the law."

The two men visited a while longer then Jim left to go home for lunch. Jeff thought about making a sandwich then decided to go to the lodge and have one there. It was the end of the lunch period when he walked into the small dining room. Abby looked up from her cleaning in exasperation when she heard the footsteps. Her face broke out into a sunny smile when she saw Jeff and she felt her heart flutter.

Abby didn't remember moving but the next thing she knew she was standing beside Jeff's table. Without thinking she asked, "I didn't expect to see you here. Do you want some lunch honey?"

When she realized what she had said Abby blushed and bit her lower lip. Jeff smiled and said, "I thought about making a sandwich at the cabin but I remembered how good a cook you are and decided I would come up here and let you feed me. Maybe we can have lunch together if you have time."

Abby got a large smile on her face and said, "Sure. I haven't had my lunch yet. Why don't we go outside to eat though? It's so nice out there today I have been dying to find an excuse to go out."

While they were eating Jeff kept looking at Abby. Finally she put her glass down after taking a drink and said, "What?"

Jeff seemed startled and replied, "Huh?"

"What's the matter? Why do you keep looking at me that way? At first you look so calm and happy, then your eyes go blank and you seem a million miles away. Have I done something? Is something wrong? What?"

"I'm sorry Abby. Grandpa and I have begun moving against the men that took my wife away from me. I have been thinking about my-well our-next moves and what I have to do to get things rolling. A big part of the work will fall to Grandpa because he is friendly with some of the men we have to get to help us. Even with his help though I still have a lot of work to do if we are to succeed. I really hate thinking about how busy I will be doing that because I won't have as much time for our talks and fishing and swimming trips. I am excited about finally getting some revenge though also."

The next Monday Amy walked into Howard's outer office and sat at her desk. She was exhausted from her weekend business trip and from fighting the divorce settlement. She had about given up trying to talk to Jeffery. Every time she got him on the phone he hung up on her and many times he would recognize the number and she was sure just not answer.

Amy was surprised when she had realized several weeks ago that she really didn't miss Jeffery. Of course all her sexual needs were being met and more when she was 'negotiating' deals for Howard. She remembered how she had manipulated Jeff for so long and was sure if she could just get him to talk to her he would give her more in the divorce settlement. She was thankful he hadn't caused more trouble than he had. Maybe he was the little pissant Howard said he was. Maybe he was afraid to cause too much of a stink because he was afraid to face his 'betters' like Howard said.

When they were dating and engaged Amy had thought she truly loved Jeffery. She wondered now if that had been so. She liked him a lot and they had so much fun in college that she convinced herself she loved him. She hadn't stopped her wild sexual escapades even while they were dating though. She had grudgingly given them up after she was engaged to him and had missed them terribly until Janet had gotten her promoted to her assistant. Sex with Jeff was great but there was just something better and more exciting about the wild uninhibited sex with different, more powerful men that she just had to have. In truth the danger of getting caught excited her too. At heart Amy admitted to herself she was a slut. All she really wanted was the money she and Jeff had managed to save while they were married. Well the money and the sex she was now getting.

Amy hadn't even gotten fully settled in her day's routine when Howard buzzed her on the intercom. "Amy would you come in here please. I need to talk to you about some things."

Amy smiled and told her assistant Sally that she would be in Howard's office and to hold all calls. Sally looked up at Amy and said, "Yeah I bet he needs to talk. He's probably horny after a weekend without and needs you to relieve some pressure. I swear I don't think his wife ever fucks him as randy as he is here in the office. Call me if you need any help."

Amy walked toward Howard's door putting an extra swing in her hips. Just before she opened it she looked at Sally and said, "Oh, I don't think I'll need any help this time. After all, there's only one cock in there." Her eyes were glistening and her breathing had picked up by the time she was behind Howard's closed door.

Amy started to unbutton her blouse when she turned to Howard and was shocked when he said, "Don't do that. We have some serious shit to work on this morning. Do you know a Jim Fielding or a Paul or Edward Fielding?"

Amy sat down and looked at Howard. His face was white and he looked really unwell. She said, "Yes I do. Jim Fielding is Jeffery's Grandfather and Paul is his Father. Edward is his Uncle. Why?"

"I was playing golf this weekend with Stewart Roschewitz and he told me this order we are printing for them now will be the last one we get from them. I asked him why and he said because he was given a choice of either doing business with us or doing business with Jim Fielding and his companies."

"This morning just after I got to the office I got a phone call from Rawlins Manufacturing canceling their order and telling me not to call on them again. When I asked David Rawlins why he was canceling he said, "I was fishing this weekend with Paul and Edward Fielding and found out some things I didn't like about your business practices. I have seen some DVD's of you and your assistant negotiating with my purchasing department manager and I don't like your methods. I have fired my Purchasing Manager and his assistant for giving you the contract. I understand the prosecutor is looking into the legalities of their actions this week."

Amy I have also received two faxes canceling orders this morning. I called Joe Randall when I got his and asked him why he was canceling. He said, "Howard I know better than to cross those Fieldings and Steelville Feed and Farm Supply. I don't know what you did to get on their bad side but if I were you I would patch things up with them as soon as you can or your business is history. They have a real hard on for you and let me know in no uncertain terms that if I kept on doing business with you I wouldn't do it with them. Hell, they are almost 13% of my receivables and, truth to tell, they own 43% of my business."

"Amy I asked him why he was so worried about a pissant hick and his farm store. He laughed and said, "Either you're as ignorant as they come or too stupid to know what side of the bread the butter's on. Steelville Feed and Farm is Missouri's Berkshire Hathaway and Jim Fielding is their Warren Buffett. I'd rather cross my wife and her entire family than mess with them."

Amy felt her stomach sink. She had lowered her head when Howard began telling her about the shit storm that was swirling around their heads. Her stomach became upset and she began shaking when she raised her head to look at Howard. He was glaring at her with a set jaw and white face. He raised his voice and almost shouted, "You damn little slut. Why didn't you tell me that pissant you were married to packed this much clout? You know I started to wonder when he beat our first try to get him with the police and I was really curious when he didn't even seem to notice our two other attempts to ruin him after he went back to that hick town. Now I see why. Hell it was like I was a mosquito biting an elephant. He didn't even feel the prick."

"Amy I think you'd better find another job. I can't afford to have you around any longer. I sure as hell hope I can get rid of you fast enough to get this heat off my back. If you'd kept your damn legs together we wouldn't be in this mess. Now get out." Howard turned his head down and began working on the papers on his desk.

Amy stood and between her tears she said, "Howard I'm sorry. I just didn't know. They all live like they just barely have enough to get by. They never party or take extravagant trips. It's like they have to watch every penny. They live in that little hick town in those little houses...if they have that kind of money why don't they show it and use it?"

Howard sighed and looked back up at Amy. He asked, "Do you know of Warren Buffet?" Amy nodded her head and he continued, "He lives in the same house he bought in the early 1960's and he is the worlds richest man. Did you ever take the trouble to find out what Jeff and his family were worth or did you just dismiss them because they lived in the country and had small older homes?"

Amy's heart sank even farther when she realized Howard was right. She had assumed that since Jeffery came from the country and his family lived in the country that they were poor. When she found out about the store she assumed they were just big ducks in a little puddle and were making a good living for the small town of Steelville. Now she was beginning to realize what she had so cavalierly thrown away in search of sexual excitement and the hopes of making enough money and contacts to rub shoulders with the movers and shakers of the world. If she had kept herself only for Jeffery and played her cards right she already had that and would have kept it. Oh my God, why had she insisted on that damn Pre Nuptial agreement?

Amy began crying and turned to leave Howard's office. When she reached for the door Howard said, "Before you leave send in my new Administrative Assistant."

Amy walked out the door and closed it behind her. Sally rushed to her and wrapped her arm around Amy. She asked, "What's wrong Amy?"

Amy looked at her and said, "Jeffery and his family are causing trouble for Howard. He fired me this morning. I had no idea Jeff was so rich. I...Howard asked me to send in his new Administrative Assistant just before I left the office Sally. Honey I know how exciting this life and the travel is but if you want to keep your husband you had better quit and get as far away from Howard as you can. I don't know all that's going on but if Jeff and his family are causing trouble you could get splattered too. I just hope it's not too late for you."

Amy was miserable all the rest of the day. All she could do was sit in her home and cry wondering how things could have gone so wrong. All she had ever wanted, all she had worked for, was an exciting life in the glamour and glitz of the big city. She had grown up in a small town in Indiana and had sworn she would never let herself get trapped in one again. Her whole life was a battle to get more money and to meet rich important people so she could rise above the boredom and drudgery of small towns. She had finally had it all within her grasp when Jeff and his family had thrown a monkey wrench into the mix.

Amy was seething while she thought about Jeff. How dare he thwart her attempts to get to the top of the heap? She knew now she had made a serious error when she married him but at the time he had seemed like a rising star. He was a teaching assistant at Wharton School of Business for Gods sake. He graduated Magna Cum Laude. He could have had his choice of jobs and could have lived in any large city in the world or at least made enough for them to travel there on vacation. How was she to know about the flaw in his character that demanded the simpler life?

Amy was wallowing in self-pity when her phone rang. She let the call go to the machine and then picked it up when she recognized her Mother's voice. Amy rushed to pick up then when she heard the screeching tirade was sorry she had. "Amy How Could You?" her Mother said. "You had the perfect man and you turned into a little slut whoreing yourself out until he caught you and dumped your sorry ass."

"My God. You know your Father and I aren't prudes. You know we watch porn because I remember catching you and your brother's watching one of our movies when you were younger. I must say though that never in my life have I seen some of the things I saw you do on this DVD. Your Father and I knew you were oversexed from some of the rumors that got back to us while you were in college. I have to say though we would have never in our lives believed you could do something like this. How could you do that to such a wonderful husband?" Amy was still trying to say something when she heard her Mother hang up. She dropped the phone and broke into more tears.

The rest of the evening her phone rang repeatedly but she did not answer. Of the calls that went to the machine and had a message recorded all but one were from friends and family that had received a copy of the DVD in the mail. The one that wasn't was from one of the men she had entertained. He was furious and said, "You damn little whore. I've lost my job and my wife is divorcing me because of you and your boss. If I ever see you again I have a notion to knock your teeth out. You tell that asshole you work for that I'm coming for his ass."

The next few weeks drug on for Amy. She had no job to go to and even with unemployment her expenses were using up her stash of cash way too rapidly. She cut all the expenses she could. She had thousands of dollars on her credit cards and began making only the minimum payments. She stopped the cable and all her club memberships but still she hemorrhaged cash. She had sent out over 200 résumé's and had even had three job interviews but still had no new job. What was worse, the salary for the jobs she had interviewed for had only been about half what she was making.

One job interview she had scheduled was cancelled when the personnel manager found out she had been the woman their Purchasing Manager had been fired for fucking. He wasn't even polite when he told her he was canceling the interview. In fact, he had said, "Ms. Fielding this company doesn't do business the way you seem to. We want nothing to do with someone who feels like it is good business to fuck their way to the top or to fuck for contracts. We had to fire a very good friend of mine because of you and your boss's business practices. We don't want anyone in this company who does business that way." Of course Amy was devastated and cried the rest of the day but what could she do about it?

1...56789...11