Jeffrey's Divorce and Recovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Howard was feeling talkative that afternoon so he told a modified version of his story. He ended by saying, "In short I had everything I had ever wanted. I had a wife to take care of the house, a business that made me a ton of money and every two years I found another stupid cunt to fuck and party with. My customers loved the strange pussy and got a kick out of getting to fuck married women and hang the horns on their husbands. I just screwed up. I fucked the wrong whore and her ex Husband and his family fucked me. They had more clout and I couldn't beat them. My wife divorced me and took nearly everything I had but the business then those damn Fieldings managed to take my business and merge it into theirs. The damn attorneys tell me there's nothing I can do about it because it was all done legally. Now here I am with nothing trying to start over at age 56."

His new friend looked at him and shook his head. He said, "Tough. Guess we're both sort of in the same boat. My wife caught me tapping some on the side and cleaned me out too. Well guess I'll catch ya later."

After the divorce Jeffery returned to Steelville and resumed his work. The only bright spots in his life right now were Abigail and his successful retribution against Howard. He had won but for some reason it felt like he lost in doing so. He really wasn't sorry to leave Springville but even after all she had done he missed Amy terribly. No, that wasn't right. He missed what he thought he and Amy had. He had no intention of ever getting back with her but he missed the companionship and loving he thought they had before she took a wrong turn.

Jeff was sitting at his desk when Abigail walked into the room. She looked at his dejected posture and the lost look in his eyes and felt her heart swell with compassion for him. She didn't know what was wrong with either of them. She had never let herself get this close to anyone before and didn't understand why she had done so this time.

Abby also didn't understand why Jeff didn't just snap out of it. It had been a year now since his problems had started. He was divorced, he had broken the man that caused the divorce and his accomplices then bought and added an excellent company to their conglomerate. From what she heard the Harriman Printing Division of Western Missouri Printing was already adding greatly to the companies bottom line. They had even hired back all the employees Mr. Harriman had laid off (with the exception of his 'assistants' of course).

Abby knew she wasn't supposed to know about Steelville Feed and Farm Supplies portfolio but she cleaned and cooked for Jeff and sometimes he left his computer on or documents lying opened on his desk while she cleaned. She had seen several documents that surprised her. She had no idea she worked for such a large company until she began taking care of Jeff. As far as she knew no one in Steelville knew how well off the Fieldings were either.

Without thinking Abby walked up and put her hands on Jeffery's shoulders. She leaned down slightly and said, "Jeff you've been staring at that screen for five minutes now. It's after 6 p.m. Why don't you just quit? We could get a nice swim in if you hurry. After that I can make you supper if you want."

Jeff turned to Abby and smiled. He said, "That's the best idea I've had all afternoon. I can't seem to concentrate anyway so let's go."

Abby giggled and pulled her shirt over her head then pushed her shorts down. She was now standing in front of Jeff in a beautiful red bikini. "I'm ready. What's taking you so long?" she asked.

Abby giggled and ran from the room when Jeff yelled and reached for her. "Last one in has to clean the kitchen after supper," she said as she ran for the swimming hole.

Jeff smiled and took off at a dead run trying to catch Abby. He didn't bother to change because all he had on was a pair of cut offs and a tee shirt. Abby was starting to dive into the stream when he reached the bank. They both hit the water at almost the same time. When they came up Abby shrieked, "I win, I win."

Of course Jeff also claimed he won. Finally they decided it had been a tie. Neither of them was willing to concede enough to clean the kitchen however. Finally Jeff swam to Abby, dove under the water and exploded up catching her just under the buttocks. As he surged upward Abby was propelled upward also. Jeff gave her a push with his arms and she went shrieking across the pool then splashed down into the deeper water. When Abby came up for air Jeff was treading water nearby. He looked into her eyes and swam slowly toward her. She turned and swam to shallower water and stood watching as he approached.

Jeff stood in front of Abby. He saw her tense and set her feet, and then he said, "Truce? I think since it was a tie I should just take you to the café and buy your supper. That way neither of us has to clean. Deal?"

Abby stood in shock for a moment then said, "I...unh...I suppose we could do that but why do you want to do that. I always cook for you. It's my job!"

After they had walked out of the water, Jeff stopped and looked into Abby's eyes. He said, "Abby your job is to take care of the resort and clean. You cook and serve the customers. We both know you are doing way more for me than you have to. I want to make it up to you and I think it would be nice to eat a meal with you where we can talk while I do that. In fact, why don't you run back to your room and dress in a nice dress and we will go in to Springville and eat at the Red Lobster."

Abby's eyes got big and she gasped out, "Oh, I couldn't. I mean that's so far and...well that would cost you so much I just couldn't do that." She looked at his face and saw it get a sad look. "Oh, Jeff. When my folks were here that was my very favorite place to go but it cost so much we could only go for special occasions. Oh, thank you. If you don't mind I would love to go with you."

Jeff smiled and swatted her on the bottom when she started for her room. Abby squealed and grabbed her bottom as she turned to partly face Jeff. She started for him then stopped when she saw his eyes on her. He looked so, so unh strange. She finally said, "Now stop that or I'll have to whip you." She turned and hurried toward her rooms to change.

Jeff was waiting in the Lobby when Abby came out of her small suite of rooms. She was dressed in a short mid thigh sundress and sandals. Her eyes were shining and her hair was up in a ponytail. She walked with a bouncy step that seemed to say look at me. I'm beautiful and proud to be alive.

Jeff smiled when he saw her and felt his cock twitch. She was so beautiful and she didn't seem to even know it like most beautiful women did. Amy had always been beautiful and demanded attention, almost homage from men. There was just so much zest for life bottled up in Abigail. She was a hard worker and constantly cheerful and helpful. She acted like she didn't even know she was beautiful and that men wanted to worship her. It was so refreshing to be around her because of this.

Abby was one of those women who didn't have to fill every moment they were awake with conversation or noise either. She was content to talk when she had something important to say and to sit quietly enjoying herself when she didn't. Jeff reveled in her presence and so deeply appreciated her manner. Amy would talk his ears off while they drove or if he wouldn't carry the conversation she had to have the radio blaring to fill the quiet void. With Abby he could just sit and soak up her presence without any noisy distraction.

They had their meal and returned to the lodge. It had taken them a little over four hours to make the trip, eat and return. Jeff parked his truck in his usual spot and before he could get around it Abby was out and striding to meet him. She looked him in the eyes and said, "Thank you so much for the meal. It's been over three years since I was at the Red Lobster and I enjoyed every minute of it."

Abby started to turn toward the Lodge and her rooms when Jeff reached out and touched her arm. "Abby," he said. "It's only a little after 10 pm. Why don't you come to my cabin and we'll sit on the deck and have a glass or two of port. Grandma Ann says that is the only way to end a perfect evening and I have always agreed with her."

Abby looked into Jeff's eyes and said, "I would like to sit with you longer if you don't have anything else you need to do but I don't know about the port. I've never had that before. What is it?"

Jeff said, "Oh, I think you'll like it. It's a sweet desert wine made from wine and brandy. The one I have is made with Red Wine although some are made with White Wine. Both varieties pack quite a punch. The red port is really great with chocolate."

Abby tentatively took a sip of her port after they were seated and coughed. "Wow," she said. "That is strong but I think I like it."

They talked and talked. Jeff kept their glasses filled and Abby got a little tipsy. She looked at the clock and said, "Oh my gosh. It's midnight. I have to go. I have to work in the morning. Thank you so much for this evening. It has been so special."

Jeff got up when Abby did. He walked her back to the lodge and when she started into the building he reached out and touched her elbow. She stopped and turned to look at him. Her eyes got larger when Jeff leaned toward her and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. "Thank you for tonight," he said. "I have really missed nights like this. I just love to sit and visit with a beautiful woman. Thank you for a wonderful evening."

Jeff turned and walked away before Abby could think of anything to say. She watched him walk back to his cabin and go inside before she went into her rooms for the night. Her pussy was strangely moist when she pulled her panties down. She looked at it and smiled.

The lodge telephone drug Abby from a deep sleep. She ran into the office to answer it. A gruff male voice was on the other end. It said, "This is Major Simons of the Special Forces Officer Detail Office in Army Personnel Command. I need to talk to Captain Jeffery Fielding please."

Abby was shocked. She knew Jeff had been in the army and had stayed in the reserves. She was worried about this call but knew she had to get him right away. She told the Major that he was in his cabin as far as she knew and she would transfer the call.

About 45 minutes later Abby was getting ready to take Jeff his morning coffee when she saw him coming out of his cabin with a large dark green bag over his shoulder. He was in his uniform and looked sharp. She ran up to him and asked, "Jeff what's going on. What did that Major want?" She put her hands to her mouth and said, "OH, I'm sorry if you can't answer. Why are you in your uniform? I thought your meeting was not until two weekends from now."

Jeff looked down at Abby after he had thrown his bag into his truck and said, Abby Honey. I've been called up for a short tour. They said I would probably only be gone for 6 to 12 months but it is a job they need done on short notice. I don't even have time to tell the family good bye. I'll call them from the road. Would you please tell them what happened if you see them before I can call?"

Abby felt fear wash over her when Jeff told her that. She felt a tear start to slide down her cheek when he bent and gave her another gentle kiss much as he had the night before. "Good bye Beautiful," he said then he jumped in his truck and roared down the road.

Abby was still standing there with tears running down her cheeks when Ann drove up. She jumped from her car and ran up to Abby. "Hey girl why the tears? Why are you standing here in the parking lot crying?"

Abby looked at Ann and whispered, "He's gone. They called him and said he had to go do a mission right away and he may be gone for a year."

When Abby said that Ann looked to where Jeff always parked his truck and understood. She wrapped her arms around Abigail and asked, "You love my grandson don't you honey? And he left and you're scared?"

Abby wrapped her arms around Ann and cried into her chest while she nodded her head yes. Ann held the crying young woman and smiled before she said, "Honey what you're doing is perhaps the second most difficult thing we women have to do. We have to stand and smile and watch our men go off into harms way. The hardest thing we have to do is wait and pray they return alive and unhurt and bury them if they die. We pray daily that it won't be our man that comes home in a coffin for us to bury or that comes home just a shadow of his former self. Now you come with me. Let's get on with the day and worry about things we can take care of."

Abby looked up at Ann and said, "He called me Honey. He said to tell you he had to get there fast and he will call as soon as he has time."

About two weeks after Jeff left Abby woke up at 2 a.m. with the phone ringing. She rushed to the lodge office and picked up before it stopped. "Abby?" she heard. "Abby this is Jeff. Is that you?"

"Jeff! Oh, yes, it's me," she shouted. "Oh, where are you? Are you all right?"

Jeff was laughing and broke into her conversation. He said, "Honey I'm fine. I managed to take a few minutes and thought I would call you. I've missed your voice. Are you doing ok?"

"Jeff, yes, I'm fine. How about you? Where are you now?"

"I'm in the mountains but that's all I can say now. I'm out of time and have to go now. Take care Honey." He said then there was a dial tone.

Abby didn't sleep well the rest of the night. Jeff had called her!

The month's rolled on, winter came and Christmas was approaching. Abby was more sad this Christmas than she had been in years. Her Father offered to send her money for a ticket home but she didn't want to go. Christmas was on a Thursday this year. The Monday before Christmas a UPS truck pulled up to the Lodge. The driver got out and brought a huge box inside.

Abby couldn't remember ordering anything for the lodge but it was addressed to the Resort. When she looked at the box she got excited. It was from Jeff. She didn't know what to do and finally decided to call his parents to tell them there was a large box down at the lodge for them.

Abby got Jennifer on the phone and told her about the box. Jennifer, Jeffery's mother, said, "Well if it's addressed to the Resort, open it dear."

Abby fearfully opened the box and it was filled with smaller boxes all with different names on them and all saying Merry Christmas. Jeff had sent them Christmas presents! Abby even found one with her name on it! She was so glad now that she had sent Jeff a small present.

Abby was so excited she called Jennifer back. "OH Jennifer, I opened the box like you said and it was full of smaller boxes. There's a Christmas present in there for everyone in the whole family. There's even one for me!"

Jennifer was laughing when she said, "Well then, why don't you put them under the tree and we'll all open them Christmas day?"

Abigail had been invited to Jeffery's Grandparents home for the Christmas meal. She felt a little out of place there because it was for family but they insisted so she agreed to come. Everyone gathered early in the morning to open presents and enjoy the holiday. Even Charlie, Jeff's brother had come all the way from Seattle Washington to be with the family. His wife Charlene was in Afghanistan flying for the Army. Some of the children were old enough to read the names on the presents and pass them out so they were allowed to do so.

Abby smiled at the excitement in the air. She was shocked when she was given a present from all the adult couples plus the one Jeff had sent her. She cried when she said, "Oh you shouldn't have done this. I didn't get anyone a present. I didn't know I would be invited here and..."

Ann cut into her sentence and said, "Abby we didn't want you to spend the little money you have for presents for us. We all have everything we could possibly want and need except for Jeff's and Charlene's safe return. Besides we know you need that money for college. Now forget it."

Abby noticed the family took turns opening a gift and displaying it so she took the time until her turn trying to decide which present to open first. She arranged them in order of size except for Jeff's. It was in a smaller box than most but she wanted to save it for last any way so she did. Her next to last present was from Jim and Ann. Abby opened it and stared. It was in an envelope and she decided it was a small bonus for her past years work like she had received before. It wasn't a bonus. They had given her a letter from the college saying her entire next semester had been paid for in full. She could take up to 18 semester hours-go to college full time for at least one semester or half time for two if she wanted! Oh heavenly.

Abby was crying when she ran first to Ann, then to Jim and gave them each a hug. "Oh, thank you so much. With this I will be able to get my associates degree. I'll finally be half way to my bachelors! Oh, Thank You."

Jim was laughing at her when she sat down. The whole family was watching her. Abby saw she was the only one that still had an unopened present. She tearfully picked up the present Jeff had sent her and carefully tore the wrapping open. Once more she sat in shock. He had sent her an extremely heavy gold chain and the pendant was encrusted with clear stones. They couldn't be diamonds could they? Oh, no he wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Christmas present for her!"

Ann saw her staring into the box and trembling. She said, "Abby? What's the matter honey?"

Abigail reached into the box and pulled the chain from it. She slowly raised it and clasped it around her neck as tears rolled down her cheeks. Of course all the women rushed to her and commented on how beautiful her necklace was. They all wanted to try it on and look it over. When her turn to hold it came Ann looked at it closely and said to Abby, "Abby this is exquisite. There are at least three carats on that pendant. We'll have to find you a dress that is worthy of this necklace."

Abby couldn't remember anything that happened the rest of the day. She just kept looking at her statement from the college and the necklace and crying. This was absolutely the best Christmas she had ever had. Nothing could ever be better than this day.

January came and with it the bitter cold to be expected. Occasionally someone would get a letter from Jeff. It seemed Abby got almost all the letters he mailed. She also got at least two e-mails a week from him. Abby was so happy he remembered her but was so guilty he spent his time writing her instead of his family.

February came and they heard on the news that there had been a big fight in the mountains of Afghanistan. A Green Beret Team had attacked a Taliban fortress on top of a mountain. Instead of the thirty or forty Taliban they expected to be there it was estimated there were over 300. Almost all the Green Berets were wounded. The Team Leader had repeatedly risked his life going back into the fire zone to rescue his wounded men. The fight was so heavy that he had to call in bombing and artillery "Danger Close."

Abby was horrified when she asked Paul, Jeffery's Father, what Danger Close meant. He got a faraway look in his eyes and said, "Abby Danger Close is when you basically call the fire in on your own position. The enemy is so close that you have them bomb or fire the Artillery so close you stand a chance of having your men killed or injured by the friendly fire. It's only done as a last resort. If it is either do that or the enemy will over run your position you go for Danger Close."

Later in the evening after Paul had told Abby what Danger Close meant he came back to the Lodge. Abby had already locked the doors and was in her suite studying when she heard the door open. She stuck her head out of her room to see Paul heading her way. He looked awful. Abby felt her heart sink and her stomach lurch when she saw him.