Junction Pt. 02

Story Info
Into the wilds and danger come at Jace from everywhere.
41.5k words
4.83
4.9k
8

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Junction, Part 2

Synopsis: Science unleashed brings about the salvation of humanity and the destruction of reality.

Inspired by multiple roleplaying gaming systems too numerous to mention. © EmotionalStorm October 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

---

Jace entered the Weser Province and gunned the power up to full and turned on his police lights. Any vehicle that did not clear the way he jumped over as he used the hover jets to go over the slower vehicles. He had a local cop try and keep up.

Jace heard him on the police band. Jace sent the man his ID, "This is Captain, Jace Rivers. San-Angeles Marshal Service, Badge number 84937 in an unmarked car. Cease pursuit or I will work to disband your entire force if I have to."

The cop shut off his lights and pulled over after speaking with his Captain, "I was told in no uncertain terms not to interfere with Captain Rivers. If we attempt to go higher, heads will roll."

Jace sighed as he listened to the exchange and spoke to himself and anyone monitoring him, "They know I am serious and they know my entry vector. They do not know where I will go from that, but I will be trapped behind enemy lines. Then I have to work to find this weapon and neutralize it. Then a thorough cleaning house action. Even if civilians get in the way, unfortunately."

Jace started his personal log entry that he would send out if he failed to finish his effort. It contained all of the information he suspected and his plan of attack. Completely off the Weave. He loved his new vehicle. It was a fuel-efficient SUV-like vehicle from Earth's past. He had room to stack body bags of those he needed to take back and it was heavily armored.

He would collect some of them. He needed that war chest and if this got him to the status of being an entitled human, so be it. He put together the list of the most likely actors in the city-state and surrounding city-states that had a beef with their King. A lot of those 'beefs' centered on Jace's previous work in the Mastro Unit.

He knew what those actions were and how they happened. He looked for both of those released from prisons, and active military files for all of those in the City-State along with all of the wanted posters out there. There were 4 that were high priority targets if present. They had warrants that totaled over 1,000,000 DC's each across all the provinces and had this kind of activity listed.

He needed their bodies if present to collect those. At least a third of the body; the head and two arms would do, at least one of the arms and head if it came down to it. He took the road up the plateau and killed all the lights. He drove using the infra-red from his eye.

He figured it was a good time to check that out. He got to the top and used his Global Weave Positioning System (GWPS) to lay out his course. He removed his armor and cut open his leg. In case he needed to switch out units. He put a fully charged one between his legs if needed.

He gunned it and the nose went up from a small lip along the edge of the plateau and then the vehicle dipped down. He let it fall for a couple of seconds before putting the first wall in place. The vehicle nearly bottomed out, but he extended it and shrunk it behind them to create a moving downhill road to the back-access road.

He took it to the official entryway and drained well over 70% of the unit in his leg, he was down to 354 Ki from 2,100 Ki. He widened the hole that had begun to heal quickly after he stopped his vehicle. He sterilized and installed the second unit to take him back to 2,100 Ki. Only 5 spare 2,000Ki units to go."

He bandaged it quickly and put his armor back on. He pulled out the pendant for introductions and held it in his hand.

He opened the door as he put a wall of force up inside the human side of the border. We walked to the line and kneeled, "I am working several missions, one for the Royal Family, one for Commander Triviliana of the Royal House. My name is Jace Rivers, Now a Captain in the State Marshal Service.

Commander Triviliana gave me his dying words to deliver to his family. I was known as Captain Jace in his military unit. He called me Shidan Gresan, Shadow of Death. He trained me and mentored me. I have all the respect in the world for both royal families, I am trying to complete both these tasks while I am here."

An elf came out, "You can drop your wall and stand. We understand your precautions given what is going on in the wilds. How did you get here?"

Jace sighed. "My vehicle is equipped with reinforced hover jets. I jumped from the plateau and had it ride down a telekinetic wall or moving road if you will."

He pulled out the second necklace, "Part of my task is to return this to the Royal House. The rest is for them alone. His final words. He sent his legacy home through me."

He nodded, "I believe you. You have permission to cross the border. Move your vehicle into the visitor lot. Keep your weapons holstered. We confirmed your status with the Marshal Service. They were happy to hear you made it this far. They said now your job gets tougher."

The crystal in his eye could not read the elf beyond facial recognition, he had no public profile. Not unusual for elves living outside the city. Jace nodded and got back in his car and drove almost 20 km down a long road to a visitor lot that was empty and had 6 spaces.

The Avalon Elves did not get many visitors and that would be enough for an escorted dignitary. He pulled into a slot. He walked to the edge of a walkway and awaited his escort.

6 armed men came and stood on either side of an elven woman, "I am Kindra of the Royal House. Triviliana was my mate. I will escort you in to see the head of the House."

Jace walked up to her and she led the way as the guards kept an eye on Jace. She commented, "He mentioned your name in several messages to me. When his cycle of mourning is over, I will be free to find a new mate and be released from the Royal House as I do not have any children with him. That will happen in a few weeks."

Jace nodded, "He mentioned having no children and this was not the first time I heard the name Kindra. Closer to the 100th or 1,000th times I have heard that name. He cared for you very much. I carry his final words to the family before he died."

Kindra looked at him, "You mentioned having his legacy. That could bring closure to the morning cycle much faster. Why did you not come sooner?"

Jace sighed, "Royal Family classified missions. I was released from the service 2 days ago and I had to establish myself quickly and then was hired by the Marshal service to cover the Avalon Wilds. My area of responsibility lies next to your Elven Capital and the border I just crossed.

I need to know of any and all issues you might have with those in the wilds to the west of you. That is part of my reason for coming here. To allow me to work to correct or eliminate the threat to your people. Currently, there is a threat against San Angeles itself from this region. They sent me in alone, by the direction of the Royal Family."

Kindra looked back at him, "Did they give you any directions?"

Jace nodded, "Take the gloves off."

She knew from her husband that this man without a focus was a magical rod or font into the Weave. He had to have the key and be a master of his power to do it, else it was chaos he unleashed. He was who her husband sent with his final words and his legacy. Not all of him was lost.

She hoped she understood what he meant by legacy, something she and her husband talked about the longer they were married. Across the failed attempts at having children. 'Did he truly have her husband's legacy?' She hoped he did.

She took him into the meeting hall, the 'throne room' was a barred term given the Royal House vs the Royal Family. She led him up to an elf sitting in a very throne-like chair.

Jace kneeled before him, "My apologies in advance if I butcher your name. Brandialshane, I have come to return his family necklace. My elven language training was incomplete because of his death; a mentor and a friend to me. I wanted to take him out of the mission area.

He refused and gave me orders, including this personal mission of honor. He told me to take his legacy home. To leave no trace of them behind. He essentially ordered me to take my gloves off and unleash on the battlefield.

I did as he requested. All the bodies and approaching enemy died and turned to ash in the flaming tornado I unleashed. I then spent 7 days getting to a secondary extraction site alone. That is all I can tell you of that mission, it is classified by the Royal Family.

I knew you would be upset at his body not being returned but I carried out all of his requests before he died. His injuries damaged his Ki unit connection, he did not have enough Ki to heal. Else I would have given him mine. Neither of us had a vamp unit to let me aid him in staying alive.

He had enough time to seal his legacy. Before I do this, I want you to know this action was taken by him and then bound to me. It was not taken lightly and it is not a sign of disrespect. It was his way to ensure it would not be taken from me until I met a blood relation who could remove it."

He handed him the necklace which he took and summoned his son's bow from the amulet. Jace removed his glove, "Shialara." The ring revealed itself to them and he held out his hand to the elven leader. Brandialshane looked over, "This is something he would do with another elf, not a human!"

Jace nodded, "I was the only survivor from that encounter. I am also genetically 6% Elven and he used that to bind it to me to save his legacy. It contains his legacy and his final words to his family."

The elder royal elf grabbed the ring and pulled it off slowly as his hands shook, part of it was in anger Jace knew. A holographic image of his Commander leaning against a tree. He said a lot in elven that he did not understand but he called Jace, called out as Shidan Gresan, Shadow of Death, several times in his final words.

Then two vials appeared from the ring. Jace looked up at the man, "His legacy, 2 samples of his sperm for his wife if she chooses to carry a child for him or another of your choosing if she refuses. He wanted a child for his family and our multiple missions were always bad timing for him and her to sync.

He has given her the chance to do this. He collected and stored these on the field in front of me and then stored them in the ring. He seemed to be confident if anyone could survive our unit's assignments it would be me. I kneel before you today having completed this task in honor of my friend and Commander."

The father sat back and cried in front of him. Kindra came forward and took the two vials, "I will make this attempt with the help of our healers to time the attempts. He has given me 2 shots to get us a family.

My biggest regret was not having his child. You brought this to us before I went to seek a new mate at the end of mourning. You kept your word to him as he said you would. I thank you for this opportunity."

Jace nodded to her and then he stood, "I also come to you as Captain Jace Rivers, State Marshal for San Angeles with oversight of the Avalon wilds. I need a few pieces of information from you and your people. Any and all problems you have had along the border."

He saw a display and threw up an aerial map, "This is an Aerial Surveillance of the wilds. The problem is it is incomplete. It does not cover this north-east corner of the wilds that borders your area. I need to know what is going on there to finish my planning for retaking the wilds.

They have threatened a weapons attack from the Wilds to San Angeles. I believe whoever is guiding the aerial reconnaissance is involved and in the military. I cannot confirm that until I get here. The only way to do that for recon is from within the Elven Territory. I will not strike while in your lands.

I would eliminate any weapon they might have and then take them all down one by one if I have to. I would leave my vehicle in your visitor parking slot and go in on foot. When I return, I would request permission to either retrieve my vehicle or have it brought to me. I have a lot of work ahead of me."

Brandialshane looked at him, "That section of forest is very sacred to us. We do not let outsiders into it."

Jace camouflaged his armor and brought it back, "I just need someone to teleport me to the edge. I will do the rest without retreating into your sacred land. I ask this to aid me in protecting the Royal Family, the city, and your own people if this conflict spreads.

My mission came from the Royal Family. They sent me in alone for a reason. Your son trained me extremely well. If you have watched the news then you know I am the one who took in 18 warrants on my first day out of the military."

Jace heard a voice from the back, "I can get him to outside our border along there. We have scouted that area a few times. We saw signs of burial mounds that the humans have been excavating and they have shot at a couple of our scouts out there. You are right, something is happening there. We do not know what that might be as of yet."

Jace looked at the head of the Elven Royal family, at Brandialshane, "The decision to proceed and for me to retrieve my vehicle later is in your hands."

Brandialshane sighed, "My son spoke of you often in his final words, and in his messages back to me. I respect you for honoring his wishes. You may access our visitor lot whenever you need to retrieve your vehicle. If my scouts can get you outside of the forest, I will allow it with the conditions you outlined."

Jace bowed to him, "I thank you for your hospitality and for not cutting off my hand or my head when you saw the ring. Again, the choice was his and not mine. I was under orders, but I would have done it for him anyway."

The father nodded, "He was always a bit of a rebellious child, but we do miss him and you brought enough information back to let us know what happened. That his body is not being desecrated in some fashion. You adhered to his wishes even at your own peril speaks volumes to your character."

Jace stepped near the scout, went stealth, and kneeled down.

The scout teleported him alright. Right into the middle of a camp and then shouted "State Marshal!" Before teleporting himself away. Jace put a telekinetic wall under him and lifted himself skyward.

A couple of shots in his direction were fired. One skidded off his armor before he gained height. They were running around looking for him. Jace looked at his GWPS and he was nowhere near his targeted location. He was on the southwest side in the middle of one of their largest encampments.

Thousands were searching for him. He flew off toward the east until his Ki unit dropped to half but had put enough distance from there and dropped into a small grove of trees. No dogs would track him that way. If they had a good mage that would be a different matter. Then that mage would have to be like him and what these people were fighting against. Also a possibility.

He used his infrared and spotted nobody around. He scanned the area with x-ray vision and found hundreds of mines laid out in the open field in a haphazard configuration but left a constant trail, sort of.

It looked like they moved the path every few days to make a trampled space look safe as they moved through. He shook his head. He focused on the mine and pulled the manufacture from two provinces over; not even in direct conflict with the Royal Family. Not involved in any mission he undertook.

He got serial numbers and sent that in a message to the Minister of Defense along with the x-ray images of the landmines. He played his entry video, every guard in that camp had a 5,000Ki unit installed and active, which showed on the recorded display he sent.

He requested authorization to hijack their Ki units or if one had a higher-level vamp unit to exceed 2 to start using some of these people like batteries.

He got an audio message back, "A 5,000 Ki unit would be installed in the other leg and have an incompatible connector. Shielded from a standard vamp unit to keep them from being used like batteries unless accessed via the connector. They make them in Chan Tao City-State. They are illegal here. This unit appears well-armed and dangerous. Use of any Vamp unit you can confiscate is authorized for this mission. It will be revisited in the future."

He stayed in that little grove to eat. He sent his suspicions of the person planning the aerial recon to keep drones out of the north-east corner. To inform the Head of the Elven House that his scout dropped him in the middle of an encampment on the other side of the valley.

A location that was over 50,000 km away from his target. He sent the video with a simple message to Kindra, "How did the scout know that location?"

He knew how to contact her from his Commander, but he asked that Jace would not contact her until his mission had been completed.

---

The scout known as Frasaran wanted to court Kindra when she became available following her morning period. If he knew that he was bringing sperm samples to her to keep her away from him for another 5-95 years minimum he would have killed him at the border.

Possibly longer if the first sample took and made her with a child. A son and she would never be released from the house. As it was she would not be released from the Royal House to pursue until she had made both attempts.

He might have to get one of the healers to work for him or persuade in some manner to sabotage the efforts. A tough sell with her being so close to the elven Ruler. As it was, he figured Jace had zero chance of getting out of that camp or that area to report back.

If his core was not already full, he would have hit him with his 10Ki vamp unit a couple of times. He had met with one of their leaders at that camp. Talked about preserving the purity of the human race and the elves should be doing the same by not allowing elven genetics to be put into humans.

He talked of an attack in the future upon San Angeles. He said after that, "If you need help restructuring the elven people to do the same for your race, we might be able to assist you in this new future. So you can lead them into this new future."

That leader, who never gave a name or asked for one, also asked to know of any intelligence he might have on an attack from the Elven Nation into the wilds. He had kept his word and provided regular updates to the man. Frasaran had friends in the Royal family, but he would betray them if needed.

He did not hear her approach as she was silenced. Kindra clasped the bracelets on him before he knew what to do. He went to strike her when he saw her 6-guard escort taking aim at him with swords. "Only a member of the royal family can remove those. You have some explaining to do. We will have our telepaths get to the truth of the matter."

The guards took him out. He knew at that point that Jace had managed to escape that encampment. To at least get a message back. Once they went through his mind he would likely be drained of Ki, any tech he had, and then decapitated.

He also knew the 17 he talked with and got information from would be found out when they ravaged his mind in the process of extracting the information. He knew his life would be over in hours and not years.

---

Jace knew whoever was behind this attack was not human. Too much money to do that for grunt warriors. That and all of those landmines. They were set to kill dragons if they came. He sent that message back.

Jace asked the Minister of Defense to trace who bought thousands of these landmines and all of those 5,000Ki units into this area. "Else there is a hole wider than..." He stopped. "Could they have a port up in the northeast quadrant? I will work my way there but it might take days to get there now. If I managed 200 km a day, we are still talking 250 days to travel there now."