All Comments on 'June Still Sucks'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 281 Comments
other2other1other2other18 months ago

Very powerful, but also very sad. I did feel for Daisy, which was kind of annoying after how she acted. But it was well-positioned and really brought the emotions to the surface, also a pleasure to read that in an ST story.

I hope the Author of June Sucks felt this story did his tale justice.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Great news about your wife! You have a way of cleaning up messes that others leave behind. Good job.

5

SyzyguySyzyguy8 months ago

5* Both sweet and sad. You stay true to the original without making it hard to believe this later development because it is so well written, so well balanced. You get the bitterness, schadenfreude and sympathy "ratio" just right. Thank you for posting it.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Always glad to read one of your stories. Thank you.

Diecast1Diecast18 months ago

A beautiful loving story. I enjoyed reading it. AAAAAA++++++

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 months ago

Beautiful and sad story, good continuation of the first part. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bronco56Bronco568 months ago

Wow. That was an emotionally heart wrenching story. I was ready to btb, but I was actually felt sad for Daisy. Excellent job on the story

5stars

Chuckles1966Chuckles19668 months ago

I lost a friend under similar circumstances a few years back. Not an ex wife, but one of mine and the missus' collection of lost sheep. Kristi finally got her anger under control, and was a great mom to her daughter. Had her life together. She beat the cancer - it was the infection afterwards that got her.

I'm glad your wife made it, Saddletramp. I'm married to a survivor too.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clemente8 months ago

First, Congratulations on Mrs ST1956 being cancer free for the last five years. God, willing, she will stay cancer free for even longer.

Regarding your story, it is an enjoyable one. The original "June Sucks" story, seemed incomplete to me. Your story does bring closure.

Thank you.

Pasqual

straightshooter1958straightshooter19588 months ago

Egads! I actually welled up, nothing in LW has done that before! Here's a twenty, keep the change! Please extend my best wishes to the Mrs.

WoodencavWoodencav8 months ago

A very emotional storey! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Wavedave45Wavedave458 months ago

I chuckled at how his pain manifesto got him rich. Hope you bring her parents back so they get whats coming to them. Her dad's an evil bastard.

BoxerR100BoxerR1008 months ago

Well done Sir..well done!!

KahunabobKahunabob8 months ago

Fuck cancer. With a razor wire wrapped baseball bat the size of the Empire State building. With that out of the way, I'm glad to hear the Mrs kicked cancer's ass. Must make writing this extra loaded and part of the reason you gave Daisy as gentle an ending as you did. Thank you for that. Is the bereaved family "random"? Or are they part of the cast in one of your other stories?

InfosaugerInfosauger8 months ago

Is this a repost? I think I read it some time ago. Or was it just a very similar story?

francemanfranceman8 months ago

Really very hard. As much for Daisy as for him.

But sometimes life is like that.

And it is easy to say: we should do this or do that, regarding a betrayal, a test of life.

But you never know how you will actually react, endure and overcome until you are faced with it.

secretsalsecretsal8 months ago

The sob story and the backstory don't really seem to mesh that well to me. Mostly seem to work against each other, but maybe that's the narrative goal. Still, decent change from the one-note BTBs and flat characters.

woodwardwoodward8 months ago

Another great story. I wish other authors would adopt your style of adding links to the previous story to set the scene for the follow up story.

drif10drif108 months ago

Good story. Well done.

Excellent news about the missus.

Buster2UBuster2U8 months ago

WOW 100 Big Blazing Stars for Mr. ST. One of the best writers on Lit. Heartbreaking, Epic, and Amazing. Buster2U

SDN1955SDN19558 months ago

Wow. A totally unexpected story from ST. But it was very well written. Given the subject matter, it’s difficult to say it was enjoyable.

Glad to hear about your wife. Advancements in cancer treatment have progressed at a very rapid rate in the last decade or so. And scanning technology through CT and MRI modes have improved by quantum leaps, allowing more cancers to be found much, much earlier, when treatment options ensure almost 100% successful outcomes.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted8 months ago

Mike needed to write a follow up book. Glad Mrs. ST1956 is doing well. Bless her and you (her caretaker).

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_bye8 months ago

While sad, a wonderful story albeit the ending gets to be a bit too cute. This is a welcome departure from your normal style. Thank You! There is also a bit of an unresolved issue of her family which while not a central theme in the story becomes a major element. It feels unfinished.

NRBonzNRBonz8 months ago

I could just slip in the "usual 5" here and say no more but this is an awful story, probably the worse and the darkest you have ever written. What an absolute tragedy. I'll say no more but keep writing.

AngusMAngusM8 months ago

Very very sad

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Very touching and well written in a real universe.

Regguy69Regguy698 months ago

Glad he finally was able to let go of his demons. Daisy got crushed by the karma train, hopefully it will find the rest of her family. I was worried you were going to reunite them, thanks for not going there.

My best Mrs ST, thanks for sharing.

Stargazer5154Stargazer51548 months ago

A very poignant story with realistic emotional development of the MC. Definitely one of your best work (among many others).

Mrs ST1956, I'm glad that you beat the monster that is cancer. 8 years ago, I lost a wife to Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer after 1 1/2 years of chemo. Sometimes it seemed like the cure was worse than the disease. You have my utmost respect and wish you and Mr. ST1956 live a long and blessed life together.

jasonnhjasonnh8 months ago

A unique twist of revenge. He didn't execute it but all the people that wronged him were "paid back". His ex was treated with compassion warranted by her condition. He no longer cared about her as a partner but did as a fellow human being that was suffering. That elevates him out of his sadness and redeemed his ex as much as was possible. While her death may have been sad, it was the direction the story was heading and the only possible outcome that could release him from what she inflicted on him. The author clearly states "I realized something else after we calmed down enough to finish gathering Daisy's things. All the anger, hatred, and bitterness I had carried for ten years was gone. Completely. For the first time in a decade, I felt calm. It was as if my hatred died with Daisy". The "sacrifice" of her life is what it took to "redeem" him.

Slick742Slick7428 months ago

Another great ending to a super start. I could feel the hatred for the wife slowly turn to sadness and hope for her recovery. Too bad she waited until it was too late. Didn't feel her family was forgiving enough to not care about her health or death. Thanks!!!! *****

CDRLawCDRLaw8 months ago

Original idea. Nice job.

dc6370dc63708 months ago

Excellent story! I'm glad to hear the Mrs. is doing well.

Decal_lastDecal_last8 months ago

This another excellent tale. I have read almost all of the stories on this site and your publishing work as well. Always great and thoughtful. I really enjoy living in your universe. Well done. Hug your wife for all she contributes as well. Keep on Tramping!!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter468 months ago

Certainly one of your best. Thanks. Express our gratitude to your wife as well. I know she is your inspiration.

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Great news about your wife and what a fine way to honor her.

Your story. Sets the curve, as usual.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

So their story is basically a whole lot of pain for nothing. No one came out better, no lessons were learned, not even much regret and sorrow from the ex-wife. just 10 plus years of hell for all involved.

JRandyJJRandyJ8 months ago

Good read ST1956, I lost my wife of 35 years to cancer in 2011. I'm truly grateful that your wife has won her battle. Keep up the writing of these fine stories.

BigfundrewBigfundrew8 months ago

Well done and powerful. 5 stars.

Great news on your wife.

LWLover60LWLover608 months ago

Very glad to hear about your wife!

Always a great read though we came dangerously to a Saddle Tramp RAAC. The damage to the space-time continuum would have been irreparable.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar8 months ago

Fantastic news about your wife. The story? It's pretty good. Microsoft didn't make any significant grammatical errors. I'll send them a nice 'Thank You' card. 5* from me.

BehindbluisBehindbluis8 months ago

Mine didn't make it either.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

This is the best SaddleTramp story I have read. I can only go as high as 5 stars, so that is what you get. You really engaged the emotions of this old softy and had me with tears at several points. A writer that can elicit emotion that way has a rare gift.

A story that starts out with such an unsympathetic wife would seem to leave nowhere to go. I thought you did a masterful job at exploring the range of human emotion that our main character might feel. That is the part where I most often see writers stumble, is where I have to actively suspend disbelief, as the character's actions only make sense in an imaginary world. However, SaddleTramp captured a realistic range of emotions that I felt he made rational in the context of the story. That realistic play of emotion is what really separates this story from the lesser, almost good, stories available here.

SkubabillSkubabill8 months ago

I think this is perhaps the best story of yours that I have read. I'm not sure because you have written so many good ones. I lost my first wife to cancer a few years ago and my third wife twelve years ago so I am thrilled to hear of your wife's recovery. Needless to say five glowing stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Powerful and moving story, thanks for writing. 5 stars.

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

Mr Tramp did the one thing so many here miss: he realized that you cannot hold on to rage forever. The MC wanted to do that, but when reality struck, he couldn't.

SkubabillSkubabill8 months ago

Oatmeal1969: You must be eating too much porridge. He was able to finally get past his anger. In addition to that he met a woman and child that it is implied he became attached to. Try cream of wheat for a change.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostra8 months ago

Whoa! That's a great ending to that original stinker. You struck more than a few emotional chords... heartstrings, actually. Your writing is just getting better and better, Amigo. Aspiring authors could do worse than peruse your Literotica resume and study the steady evolution of your craft as you sharpen and hone your writing. What cannot be taught, however, is your innate ability as a storyteller. That's a gift, pure and simple, and you're using it to great effect. Thanks for another well-written super-story from one of the read Grand Masters on this site! 5++++++++++++/5!!!!

oldsage_1oldsage_18 months ago

Bless you and Mrs. ST! Enjoy life and thanks for the ponente story. You are a treasure.

Cheers

SAGE

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino8 months ago

Thanks for real authors telling real stories.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker8 months ago

Mrs. Bear and I thank you. No cancer for her, but she's a stroke survivor. 'Nuff said. DAMN, Boss, you did it again. I read the original story and hated it. I tried, at least three or four times, to write a sequel, to 'take care of bidness' as we say in Jersey, but I could never get it right. Turns out, it just needed the Master to do it. 8 stars, because it was sad but hopeful. I know I can count on Mike. The Bear loved it. Kudos, chief. More, please.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker8 months ago

Oops, I forgot.

The BEAR

BlueFox007BlueFox0078 months ago

We’ll done. It’s hard to forever hate someone you once loved, especially when they are vulnerable for something not of their own doing. What a wonderful Mother he had. Thank you. 5 Stars

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

ST: ya did it again... Glad Mrs ST has beaten that foe. I'm still in that fight going on 4yrs thought it was beaten to just have been told more procedures cometh - this topic hits home.

\

One small item I either missed or not covered; how did Bruce get inside Mike's mothers house for that confrontation? I'd still have pissed on Bruce's grave, warm piss on Bruce's face leaves the proper odor.

\

We can assume the voices were of Sgt & Daisy, so mote it be.

\

5.5***** Hooyah, Salutes...

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ8 months ago

Good story. Thanks. Glad to hear your wife is doing well.

beanburner69beanburner698 months ago

another great story. and congratulations to you and yours

JusteenKJusteenK8 months ago

Good enough story but how it relates to the original is a mystery. The MCs second coming was remarkable.

Texican1830Texican18308 months ago

One of the best rewrites I’ve read, and one of your best as well - IMO. Thanks for fixin the original, and for sharing. Cancer sucks.

LitCritLitCrit8 months ago

The original wasn't worthy of a sequel, your additions are not up to your usual standards. That's understandable, because you had a sucky premise to start from. You put the work into it, but the result is average at best. You do better when your work springs from your own imagination than when you work from someone else's setup.

robinhodrobinhod8 months ago

WOW!!! Tears in my eyes. I must be getting sentimental in my old age. Whatever, this one really got to me. Amazing.

BeBopper99BeBopper998 months ago

5***** The Tramp again proves he is the best writer in LW!!!! ANGER. PAIN. FORGIVENESS. RECOVERY. What a trip! My wife is battling cancer, and I hope for a Mrs ST1956 recovery. Write On!!!!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

The first page or do felt like I was getting beat with an emotional club. However, once you settled into the meat of the story some of your finest writing emerged. Tragic story of loss, so glad you were spared it in real life and I hope Mrs. ST1956 is around as your protagonist for years to come! LOL 4.6*

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Tears from me also...

...a much better ending than the original, obviously tempered by your own pain before you got the joy of your own wife's recovery.

I envy you that joy.

5 stars...

Bh76Bh768 months ago

Glad to hear that about your wife.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

Nicely done, and certainly glad that your wife is a cancer survivor. This must have been quite a challenge to write. Thanks for sharing.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun8 months ago

Brilliant end to an incomplete original. Thanks for that sir.

Shavedbollox69Shavedbollox698 months ago

Tiddly pom Tiddly pom (that's me thinking for the colonials)

Well 5 stars as usual for a ST story, not the usual BTB fare that has this author so highly regarded, but a powerful story that is well told.

So am I disappointed that nobody got burned, that no one rose from the grave to seek revenge or justice, yeah I guess I am, just a smidge, I thought I knew what I was getting when opening a ST story and always save them for last, well I ain't so big or ugly that I can't appreciate a heart felt yarn such as this, so well done, it was a good read.

bruce1971bruce19718 months ago

Hey, Saddletramp! I've really enjoyed the way you've been branching out recently. Your main characters are still strong, forthright, and confident, but they seem to be blending that with a bit more compassion. It's imbuing your stories with a lot more humanity, while still maintaining the strong sense of right and wrong that is a hallmark of your work. Really nicely done!

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler8 months ago

I don’t have words to praise this story as it evolved and brought sadness , joy, and respect for your ability to write. Thanks and a solid 5 stars.

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubba8 months ago

Simply stated: Very well done, sir. Thank you.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now8 months ago

Loved this a great deal!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

Putting tears in the eyes of an old man isn’t that easy, but you did. Great story and somewhere that you usually don’t go, this one shows how you have grown as a writer. 5 stars

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter8 months ago

So very well done. Thank you for a heart-rending and somewhat surprising story. You have always been an excellent writer but of late your short stories have seemingly been evolving and showing more maturity and a deeper ethos. here we got to witness life consuming hatred being vanquished by humanity. There were no saccharine excuses for Daisy or maudlin hopes for a destroyed marriage. As I saw it, it wasn’t about her, it was about his healing. Loved it. *****

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

I hope that you and your spouse have any many years of cancer free loving together. Thank you for your story.

muddman74muddman748 months ago

Wow, what a powerful and well written story! Thank you Saddletramp for sharing your talent with us for free on Lit.

Hooked1957Hooked19578 months ago

Well done. Thanks for not going over the top.

Hooked

kiwianne12kiwianne128 months ago

Congratulations on you wife.

Anne

ChopinesqueChopinesque8 months ago

Mike found peace. Well done.

And I was happy to read of the good outcome your own wife's health crisis.

To life!

114FSO114FSO8 months ago

Thank you for keeping this story real. You truly are a gifted writer.

AardieAardie8 months ago

I'm sure I wouldn't have opened the door.

Smiffy69Smiffy698 months ago

Great follow up, thank you. Glad to hear that the other half is well. Mine is undergoing chemo for the second time in 6 years. We live in hope.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

First - congratulations on Mrs. Saddletramp's success. Cancer is a hard road no matter the outcome. Second - While this was another well-written story I just didn't like it. Morbid, too close to home, depressing - pick your own excuse or reason. This is a porn site on the world wide web. This was the wrong category. This type of story has no business here. Neither fun nor entertaining to read. Please go back to the old Saddletramp material.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sorry, but the extreme hate and death were too much

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Once again the MASTER story teller gets an A +++ (jaybee186)

PondLife2023PondLife20238 months ago

Not your usual high standard! All this ‘Forgiveness’ crap!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So glad to hear that your loved one is cancer free.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture8 months ago

Damn good story. I am glad your wife survived, reading so many news articles and seeing the death on news outcasts of people dying from this horrible death torture is nice to know some survive and are still loved but their true and faithful spouses. Send my best wishes to your wife.

Oh and the story you never disappoint on your writings keep going, 5 from me

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another fine tale from ST 1956! Great to hear the Mrs is back in good health too, ST.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I am so glad your wife made it. Unfortunately my wife lost her battle like so many others. We need to spend more money on research to beat cancer in all it's forms so that more people don't have to come home to an empty house.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer8 months ago

Hi Saddletramp. Your great writing ability help rescue this bland story and gave it some emotion. So thank you.

However, it didn't stray from the idiot husband. He allowed his cheating slut, manipulative wife who had blindsided him on their 10th anniversary, to control and manipulate him some more when she came crawling back another 10 years later. It was ridiculous that he even allowed her into the house. Forget all that christian crap about forgiveness. He should have left her out there and called the Police about someone trespassing on his property, attempting to break in! He just proved how much of a loser he was by allowing her back in. Then foisting her on his own mother to take care of.

RubiconXRubiconX8 months ago

So great to read the latest from the best - ST, you consistently find the heart in every tragedy, the soul in every wastrel and the love in every hurt. I treasure and look forward to the time I get to spend in Saddletramp World, whether in states of humor, tragedy, justice achieved or in alternative endings and sequels. You never disappoint!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very well written story.

I hate that he let Daisy back into his life and built another relationship with her after telling her he never wanted to see her again. Where were all of her friends, the people that were excited Daisy and her one true love Bruce were back together? Why not push her off on them?

I would have enjoyed it more if during all his conversations with Daisy, Mike had called him “your one true love, Dr. Wonderful” instead of Bruce. Just continue to drive home the point that she saw him as nothing but a placeholder and now he and his mother were the only people left in her miserable life.

JensensloverJensenslover8 months ago

Is this a repost of one of your stories? I've read this before.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you for exploring the concept of forgiveness. Bless you and yours.

KaeyoKaeyo8 months ago

So much better than the original story it was a follow on to. That was just words, this has real emotion. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

congratulations on your wife's recovery

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

Man.

Daisy was, despite all that happened to her body, still was tough enough to hang on to life.

4 years of cancer and a bullet and still didn't die immediately. At one point I really want Daisy to roll over and die already so to finish the story (because I was afraid that if she lives and recovers then MC will get over what she did and reconcile with her) but nope. still was able to hang on toughest sick person I ever knew. Breath a sigh of relief when she finally got cremated.

/

And then the most saintly of all saints -- MC and his mother gets the award.

Well, anything goes on ST1956's universe.

Thanks ST1956.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...