All Comments on 'Just A Story'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Brilliant

As usual

photographerphotographeralmost 18 years ago
You've done it again!!!!

I make no excuse for the fact that I am a very emotional type of guy. This story put a lump in my throat and brought a tear to my eye. A truly wonderful story. Now ...... when do we get to read the next one?!!!

fregenfregenalmost 18 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

Just a make you feel good sort of story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Darn good, no great story!

How in the hell can you do two complete opposite stories in two days. If they the readers rag on this one, they'll need there head examined. In my humble opinion, this is your best story ever and belive me there were a lot of good ones to choose from. Do we get another story tomorrow?

with the highest regards

An avid reader.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
wow.... just bllody wonderful -!!!! BRAVO

wow great a great story...

1000% wonderful ... a classic DG hear story that we all know and love.... that features a reconciliation in a true sense...

what is so good about this story is the sense of time you are able to portray so well... a sense of lifes ups and down twists and turns

the main chracter ... does what is right.... even though he served a heavy price for it with his jail time and lack of direct contact with Kaylee... yet he was MAN that did what was right and honorable.

HIS needs -- a father and husband --do NOT EVER supercede the kids needs.

great GREAT story... far better than the other one....

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 18 years ago
It deserved a ten but ...

I shorted out my keyboard from the tears. So, five'll have to do.

I enjoy ALL of your stories. Thanks so much.

Phil

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
DG, well I'm going with the small minority

On one hand I liked the story because it was the story of the sacrifice of one man to the extreme. That there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for his daughter.

On the other hand I didn't because it was the story of a man who not only screwed himself but also got screwed over to the extreme and everyone seemed to think it was a fair exchange.

I mean in the story he did a stupid thing. He bought drugs to pay for an abortion that the girl he got pregnant said she wanted/would get. But that girl changed her mind, but kept the money anyway. He (the father) ended up going to jail, flunking/forced out of school, lost his scholarship, lost his family (after the trial), and had to start over with his life with nothing. Then one day he sees the girl that helped contributed to his downfall (even though it was of his making) pushing a stroller with the child they conceived together. Even though she didn't want anything from him, she wanted him to stay away because she felt if anyone knew he was the father it would ruin her life. She wanted to create a life without him in hers or her daughters life.

Then begins the lie of a lifetime, where he can only witness his daughters life from the outside, to keep the husband of the girl he got pregnant in college from finding out he was still alive. And to top it off he gave his daughter a kidney to save her life, but that didn't earn him the right to publicly see his daughter. But that wasn't the worst, what pushed it over the top for me was when the comment was made that her adoptive father would walk her down the isle because he earned it. I would have thought someone that had so totally given up his life and family for the girl he got pregnant, then gave his daughter a kidney so she could live, and only get to watch her from the sideline would have earned a spot in her life as well. And when the girl he gave the money to found out what happened to him she tried to keep him out of the daughters life even harder.

I don't know. I mean I tried to get behind the story, but when I looked at everything this guy had to give up first for the girl and later for the daughter, it seemed too much to shaft him with.

I know some folks like this and feel it's a good story, but for me when he has to marry the grooms widowed mother so he can be publicly acknowledged as his daughters father that seems to hurt the story for me as a really happy ending.

I liked the style, story, and it was really believable, but just too sad for me to really feel it was a happy ending. Maybe I'd call it more middle ground than happy.

-Risq

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
Once Again

DG,

You have the talent to spin one hell of a yarn. Without question one of the best storytellers on this site. Love your work and hope you never stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Great story. Is there a Rob and Vera sequel? Love your words, please keep them coming.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Magnificent story of life and love

Nothing more need to be said then Fantastic and Superb

Thank you for tugging at my heart so well.

PT

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoalmost 18 years ago
Simply wonderful...

This is one of those times when i wish that I had your writing skills - - since I'm not sure that I can express just how wonderful a story you have written.

leapyearguyleapyearguyalmost 18 years ago
DG please

You got to finish the story please. JUST FUCKING KIDDING. Dont any body get your panties in a bunch. Great story DG thanx for the read LYG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
my boy is back

thanks for being yourself,keep writing your stories your way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great!

Great story, I hope it's a true one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
veay good

But your stories all ways are

mike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Thank YOU

What a joy it was to read this story. Thank you. Your stories shine, please keep on writing.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
Now you are talking!

This story was wonderfully told, the characters came to life, and brought out true and strong emotions to every one (me included of course). Risk, tapped though into some discomfort I experienced with what I would call the over sacrificing nature of the main character. By all means his behavior was credible, but it did not seem to be necessary. Did he HAVE to have no life? Did he HAVE to agree to the ANON story of the mother just because the mother decided that this would be her version? Who says that as the daughter in her adulthood said- making her miss on relations with her biological father was in HER best interest? But unlike Risq whose points are valid, I don’t feel that because I did not like that aspect of this behavior of the father, the rating should suffer. The reason - It is true that there are people who WOULD let certain events roll their lives over, who may be more passive than active. They may not be our all times heroes (even as they may have other redeeming qualities as being truthful considerate and loyal), but it makes in some way the story even more compelling – no black and white heroes vs. villains here.

Now if you took twenty percent of the efforts that you put here to build characters and invested it in your Loving Wives story - that would make me truly happy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
what can I say

the best I've read in a long time

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
This time gotta disagee with My friend RISQ

RISQ

although we are agree on much... this time I HAVE to NOT support your position.

First your points are ALL valid. All of them... I may NOT agree with some or all of them but they are worthy of discussion.

but that is what a good story SHOULD be doing... Therefore while some may NOT agree with Plot I dont feel that the main character did something bizzare of out of character... and thus IMO you points should NOT detract from a Good rating/ score

In this case DG did develop the main character extremely well. So while he did get his identity and his Life --or what could of been his life stolen from him... the story IMO was about making sacrifices even AFTER you get screwed.

The rest of your argument I find off the markl. Go back to the scene where he first sees the baby and the mother -- when he 1st learns Marie did not abort the fetus/ baby and Kaylee is right there.

what should he as an ex-con have done? CLAIM some sort of "right" that since he went to Jail and he donated the sperm... he should have a RIGHT to interfere with this child's life?

I dont see that.... Its a child and not a possession. Look how many Yuppie women are out who claim to have the right to have a child out of wedlock b/c Jane pauley from NBC did it that way?

IMO DG hear was trying to convey a sense of quiet sacrifice and decency even at the cost of ones own needs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What to say?

Seldom do I comment on any, but will say this. well done.

Thank you.

Dave

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayalmost 18 years ago
Another....

wonderfully written tale...good read Sir...thank you for once again sharing your wonderful talent with us, i think this might just be one of my favs of yours, of course they all are heh...look forward to reading on. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I love it!

DG:

This Horny 'ol Sailor and romantic 'ol softy has just one comment; Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Excellent DG

You make a man feel like a maudlin drunk with this heartwarming story. A truly great read.

Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
outstanding work

I am impressed, amazed, astounded, at the quality of this work. (You could turn this into a screenplay.)

To address the comments by Risq (no personal offense intended), I have to disagree. The character adoptive father, Al, did indeed earn the right to walk his (adopted) daughter down the aisle. He was there from, what?, age two; he raised her; and according the plot, he treated her well, did a good job as "Dad", and loved her dearly. In the plot as presented, he earned the right at a minimum, to be the daughter's selection for that wedding honor.

It's been said before: Almost any male can be a father; it takes a great deal more effort and commitment to be a Daddy.

DG, I found this story to be wonderfully compelling, thoroughly entertaining, and quite plausible. Was the character, Rob, handed a raw deal by life? Well, another thing which has been said before is "life is not fair".

Keep up the good work.

-- KVK

Stoneage9Stoneage9almost 18 years ago
Outstanding Read

I think I have read all your stories and have found this one the most enjoyable to read. It isn't often that I post a comment, but in this case I felt it was necessary to express my approval. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I

do not know enough superlatives to describe your story,so I'll just settle for BRILLIANT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
We don't expect stuff this good!

Amongst the childishly-hyped,"dripping-sex" claptrap comes something so honest and well-written as this. Outstanding!

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Damn, where are the tissues.

Unusual,

Heartwarming,

Too good for an erotic story site,

Write a book DG,

Thanks for making my day a bit warmer.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excelent Story!

This is a very emotional story. If not the best, one of the best five stories I have ever read.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I like this story

Stories this sad are not usually my cup of tea.

But you left a ray of hope for his happiness at the end, so it did lighten the mood a bit.

Yes, she did take the money he went to gaol for and didn't get the abortion she said she would. Does that make her all that bad? Pregnant teenagers are not the most mentally capable people around, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

There are so many conflicting emotions over the pregnancy, let alone the usual hormonal and psychological upheaval any woman experiences when pregnant. It is extremely difficult for them to make any important decision with certainty. That she took the money and used it to help with the baby was no bad thing. DG, to his credit, even had the father not dwell on that episode.

I noticed a few commenters thought she did wrong to do that. Believe me, it is a VERY personal decision whether to have a baby or not, and then after that whether to raise it as a single mum or adopt it out. Nobody can advise another in that decision, all that can be done is to try and help them see the issues involved in any of the choices.

Overall a good story about a mostly sad life lived as fully as possible.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Pass me the tissues!!!!

Wow DG what can I say? your work gets better and better! As a romantic 'Old Fart' I can only say "Thank You". Rob had the strength of character to realize that the needs of his child would always supersede his own. I can't understand the low mark given by Risq whose reasoning was, in my opinion, invalid and lacking in understanding. Well DG, A fine tale where the ‘right’ things happen to the ‘right’ people, need I say more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
i loved it!

you do have a unique way at tugging at the heart strings of the burliest of men, when it comes to family. i was really taken into this story. please keep up writing like this. it's alot better than the typical sex stories we read about!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME

Its like just after 4am here where I am and i found your story an awesome read....thanks for that...havent read a heart warming story like that for a very long time.

Fantastic!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
excellentemundo

your great. thanks for the read.

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Loved it

A sweet, heartwarming story. It could just as easily been in Romance. Thanks for a great read, DG.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Beautiful!

It was a beautiful story however it wasn't really an erotic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I know this is..

a shitty comment to post on a story this good, but..

The arrest: a guy asks "uncle Rob" to buy him some dope and when he finally does, the guy turns out to be a cop. I'm not a lawyer and I don't live in the US so I'm not sure what your laws say about this, but isn't that called entrapment? Or something like that. How could he be convicted so easily?

Also, there was hardly any sex in the story. Why? Not that every story has to have it but it was posted in "Erotic Couplings", as far as I remember. Or maybe it wasn't... I'm confused.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great story!

I really enjoyed your story, but you need to talk to some cops and/or lawyers. The mechanics of the drug bust are too forced. Undercover cops don't just ask people with no prior drug behaviors to make deals for them because if they did, no prosecuting attorney would touch the case. It's called entrapment. Likewise, no drug dealer is going to do a big-time major deal with someone he hasn't dealt with before, that's just basic survival on the streets.

Hornyman69WithUHornyman69WithUover 17 years ago
What a story!

This tale technically probably belongs in another category, but I'm glad you put it here, for, otherwise, I and a lot of others would have never found it.

I like the longitudinal aspect of it--years of life--and that gives you the time to develop the main characters, which allows the reader to bond with them, and that, in turn, gives it, coupled with the storyline itself, the emotional wollop. The story is very believable, and draws the reader in, to the extent that, by the end, you feel you've lived in this man's shoes.

The only criticism I have is that you would have provided graphic detail of the the sex you had with the mother that one time, and sprinkled in more detail of some of the other women you fucked along the way. You'd have to do both to keep the sex with the mother from appearing somehow special and upset the ensuing dynamic. This IS an erotic story site, and more sex scenes would have been welcome.

Overall, though, this story is superb, and I'd love to read a sequel about Rob and Vera--with plenty of wild sex!

bruce22bruce22over 16 years ago
Beautiful Story

It makes you think about the times

that we dance on the edge of changing

and get lucky or unlucky. Everything has

always broken my way so far, but it could

have gone to Hell all of sudden.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Just a Great Story

This was not the story I was intending on reading and certainly not the story I would expect to find here, but it had me hanging on every word. It was an incredible story- very real, very poignant. It had me in tears. I love this story and thank you for sharing it. I would love to read more of your stories, just like this.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Rob and Vera

Will Rob and Vera ever get married ?will there ever be a epiloque to this story about them?

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
law

any halfassed lawyer would have gotten him off its one persons word against his nobody in dea or whatever saw it going down

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
VERY REALISTIC.

ONE OF YOUR BEST STORIES, HOPE YOU NEVER QUIT WRITING.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
DG Comes Through With The Goods....Again!

Well done DG. Just another heart warming tale of consistant love. People need to read tales like this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow!

I actually teared up. Thanks for sharing this story and others that have given me many hours of reading enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
reply

I rarely give a 5; but you earned it.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
What a story!!!!!

How you were able to get us onboard liking all the charatorsmis truly special

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Love to see more.....!

Thanks!

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Wow!

So well-plotted! A story of unprotected sex before marriage, drug dealing, abortion (almost), divorce, etc. And I ended up liking ALL of the main characters. What a story of redemption. Superb!

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Simply great

Had me hooked from the beginning, I really enjoyed that I could like all the main characters keep up the great work DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
logically crazy but emotionally 10 stars

I am usually too lazy to vote and have never commented on any story before. But this story is something ... logically crazy but emotionally 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Superb

If you don't like this story then you don't have a heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
very nice

Its not Just a story, its a part in every human being...which is beyond rights and wrongs in life...love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
excellent!!

I see why you say it is just a story. Because it doesn't have the "sexual" content of the other stories here. BUT, it is an awesome story!!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
EMOTIONS ASIDE....

she inadvertently fucks up a guys life and pleads not to do the same to her....Magnamious wasnt in her vocabulary, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story -

He was a much better guy than the life he lived -

His morals were very poor - he facilitated cheating - never good -

The ending left open the idea he could live the rest of his life better - with some people who cared for him -

Nice touch -

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
as usual

your stories are among the most heartfelt on Literorica. A mark of a gifted writer.

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
sweet story

a very heartfelt story with lots of emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A tough call, 4 or a 5, 4 or a 5?

Really a warm if quirky story about love not lost, but kept undercover, mostly. Sure, unlikely and somewhat contrived, but sentimental and honestly loving. Thank you for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'd Give It A 4.5 Star Rating If I Could

Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

Soppy, sappy but heartwarming

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
great story

read this many times ..many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OF ALL THE STORY THIS SITE, I HAVE READ ALL OF YOURS, YOU ARE SPECIAL TO WRITE WITH FEELING YOU DO. IM NOT A GOOD SPELLER, BUT PLEASE KEEP WRITING WITH THE FEELING YOU PUT IN YOUR STORY, THANK YOU

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story! I’ve liked all your stories but just recently signed up for this website to leave comments. I enjoy the love overcoming obstacles & mistakes in this story and many of your others.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Love the story, you made an old goat teary-eyed. I have a 31 yr old daughter out there somewhere, have put DNA on all test sites I know of. Sooner or later maybe .....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A heart wrenching story of real love going through difficult situations. Enough love to teary-eye even people who have seen it all.

Almost 20 months ago, I received a kidney transplant. This story is based in great part on such a gift. So let me add my two-cents in this review.

1) I received the kidney from a deceased donor. The passing away of this generous donor gave me a new life. Not a day goes by where I don't think of this donor and thank the family who agreed to give away, to a perfect stranger, the kidney I received. I will be eternally grateful to this donor and the family. So PLEASE SIGN THE FORM TO BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR.

2) In the story, Kaylee and her biological father both show where their scars are located. Not true. The location of the scars is different depending if it is a simple removal or a transplant. In the case of a removal, the scar is located at the same place in the back for men and women. If it is a transplant on a man, the scar is about 6 inches long and is located in the tummy, below the liver. For a woman, the scar is in the upper portion of her leg, about the level of the groin. Search the Internet to see where Selena Gomez scar is located for her kidney transplant. I don't think that Kaylee would have shown where her scar was located!!!

In spite of the misinformation about the scars I still say that this story is worth reading over and over and it deserves at least 6*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let me guess, after Kaylee said she could call him dad at the end......... "He had tears in his eyes"?

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Just think how differently life would have gone if he’d just gotten to know her better before going for the risky drug deal. When she announced she was keeping the baby, he might have manned up and been the real Dad. You can’t get an abortion for weeks anyway.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[04.02.23]

A beautiful story, beautifully written!

11/10!!!!!

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great, heart warming story. I would have enjoyed hearing how things turned out later on.

argomez99argomez996 months ago

Loved it, but all hell's gonna break loose when Al learns he was the only one not in on the Big Secret. "Marie, did you all enjoy have a good laugh behind my back?! Everyone was in on it except for me! Your old boyfriend right underneath my nose and I would never know! How many times did you meet him over the years? Huh? Answer the question? Let me guess- every time he took a picture for his scrapbook y'all go together 'for old times sake', right? I'm outta here!"

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really enjoyed it, but I agree that they should have told Al.

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

It is always the right time to do the right thing

5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...