Just A Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She walked back and said, "Uncle Rob, is that really you?" she smiled.

Marie came back and Kaylee said, "Gosh, Mom, now I see why you did what you did. Uncle Rob, you're a hunk," she smiled and gave me a hug. I gave Marie a hug too.

"Come with me Uncle Rob, and I'll introduce you to my father and to Vera, your date."

We walked up to a kindly gentleman and Kaylee introduced me to Al. "Dad, I want you to meet Uncle Rob. As you know, he was the unknown kidney donor. Of course in a way he is my uncle."

I shook Al's hand, knowing that he was a good person. He thanked me for all I had done for Kaylee. He told me how much he loved her and what she meant to him. I knew where he was coming from as I had the same feelings. We got along great. He and I could have been buddies.

"Here she comes, Uncle Rob, your date for tomorrow. Vera - I mean Mom - I want to introduce you to your escort for tomorrow. Mom, meet Uncle Rob. Uncle Rob, this is Vera."

"Holy shit, Kaylee, this isn't how you described him," said Vera.

"Uncle Rob, I forgot to tell you that besides being beautiful, Vera, has a rather outspoken personality."

"I'm sorry, Vera, Kaylee hasn't seen me cleaned up and shaved. She is right though, you are a very beautiful woman, if I may say so."

Vera and I got together and sat and talked while the others were doing their rehearsal stuff. All we had to do was walk up the aisle and sit down in the front row. We were both pretty sure we could handle that. I needed to tell Vera a little about my past without saying too much.

"Vera, I need to tell you a few things before being your escort for the wedding. I don't want to embarrass you at such an important event."

"Rob, Kaylee and Steve told me everything. I know you're her biological father. The kids told me all about you and the scrap books you kept. Kaylee is a wonderful girl and I trust her completely. Steve is my son. He would never put my life in any kind of jeopardy. So, if there is anything else you want to mention, then feel free to do so," she said.

"I've been divorced but it's not like you need to know that. It was around twenty years ago. I just felt after everything you said, I wanted to tell you something you didn't know. Also, I would be more than honored to escort you to the wedding," I replied.

"Escort hell, you're going as my date. It's been a long time since I had someone as good looking as you on my arm," she laughed.

"I would be delighted to be your date then," I said.

The preacher called us over and asked us to go through our part. We both started laughing as we walked down the aisle to our seat. Vera said, "Gee, I hope we're walking correctly," as we both laughed.

I looked back and saw Kaylee smiling. I said my good-nights and then Vera said, "You're not going anywhere. We have a rehearsal dinner to go to. I paid for the darn meal and you, young man, are going to eat your share," she said as she smiled. Everyone else laughed.

We all went to a nice sit down restaurant. The food was fantastic. I felt like I was part of the family and belonged. Vera and I hit it off big time. When it was time for me to leave, I gave Vera a big hug and thanked her for everything. I gave Kaylee a gentle kiss on the cheek and shook everyone else's hand and told them 'Thank you' and I would see them all tomorrow.

I drove home feeling pretty good. It was probably the best I felt in years.

The next morning I got up, took my shower and put on my penguin suit. I called Vera and asked her if she was ready. She told me to come on over. I drove through a car wash on the way to her house. I also made a quick stop at the hall. She lived in a big house in a nice residential area. I knocked on the door and she invited me in. She looked at me and asked me what was the matter.

"Vera, I'm a nervous wreck. I feel like a guy on his first date. It's been a long time since I've been out with a beautiful woman like you. I hardly know how to act."

She walked up to me and smiled. "You forgot something last night."

"What is it, Vera?" I asked.

She kissed me softly on the lips. "You forgot to kiss your date goodnight," she smiled. "Besides, that might help you get rid of some of the jitters."

"A couple more might help," I smiled as she kissed me again.

"No more for now, big boy. We have a couple of kids to watch get married now. Don't forget how to walk down the aisle," we both laughed.

The wedding was beautiful, Kaylee looked like an Angel and Steve looked like a man in love. I remember how proud Al was as he walked Kaylee down the aisle. She glanced over at me and of course I had tears in my eyes. I wasn't alone; everyone there was crying, but crying for joy.

After the wedding we - Vera and I - stood along with the others in the reception line. It wasn't anything I looked forward to. Saying thank you to a few hundred people I didn't know. Thank God for Vera; she handled most of the talk, explaining I was Kaylee's Uncle, and her date for the evening. We were glad when we finally headed for the reception. It was in full swing when we got there.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I was in a number of the wedding pictures. I was next to Vera, and alongside of Kaylee and Steve.

As we entered the reception room everyone was in party mode. Vera pointed to a table where there must have been five or six huge scrap books. Above them was a sign, 'Kaylee's life.' I had dropped them off earlier before picking up Vera. People were going through them looking at all the articles, pictures and photo's. It was a gift from me to Kaylee. When she saw them, she ran up to me and gave me a kiss and a hug. I told her I didn't need them anymore since I have seen the genuine article - her.

The reception was great. It was nice when they had the father/daughter dance, watching Al as the proud father. He deserved it, he earned that distinction. Then Vera got up and was dancing with Steve. I was clapping for both couples on the floor and everyone else started clapping too. Vera looked back at me and smiled. Steve and Kaylee were together as they announced parents of the bride and groom. I watched Marie come on the floor to join Al. Vera looked over at me and said come here. She took me by the hand and we danced slowly together for a few minutes.

Al came over and tapped me on the shoulder to dance with Vera. I in turn was dancing with Marie. She looked beautiful as I took her in my arms. "Rob, I was looking through Kaylee's scrap books. You were there all the time, weren't you? Were you the big dude with the facial hair and the cowboy hat that I waved to a few times?"

"Yes, that was me. I promised not to interfere and I didn't. I just wanted to be part of Kaylee's life," I said.

"Different people asked me if I knew the cowboy. They said he showed up for a number of events but no one knew who he was. I did have a suspicion but wasn't sure," replied Marie.

I got a tap on the shoulder again. This time it was Kaylee. "How about a dance, Uncle Rob?" as she took me onto the dance floor. "Dad, remember that feeling of warmth and trust I told you about. I have it stronger than ever right now."

"I love you, Kaylee, and I wish you and Steve the happiest life ever. If you ever need me, just call; I have a phone now, you know."

Steve came over and took his bride away. I was standing there on the dance floor when Vera took my hands and guided me into her arms.

Later, after we all ate, people were giving little speeches. Kaylee said she had something to say. "Thank you all for being here. All my family and friends are here today." She thanked Vera for being there and giving up Steve. Vera just smiled. She thanked her mom for raising her with truth, warmth and conviction, but most of all in a loving home. Than she mentioned Al.

She said, "I have two fathers to thank." The place went silent. "I want to thank my dad for always being there for me through thick and thin, teaching me right from wrong, and most of all sticking up for me in a house full of boys," she smiled. "Then there is my other father, who looks down and keeps track of me. He makes sure I stay on the right track. When he's there, I always get a warm feeling in my heart, knowing I'm doing the right thing. I want to thank him also."

Everyone thought she was speaking of God, but Steve, Vera and I knew different. It was an acknowledgment from Kaylee to me. I had to wipe my teary eyes again. After the speeches there was more dancing. I was with Vera, holding her close to me. "Vera, the last time I danced with a woman like this, Kaylee was born."

She smiled, and said, "That's good to know." Then she pulled me even closer. A couple came up next to us on the dance floor. It was Kaylee and Steve. "Uncle Rob, Steve and I were talking. Did you know if for some reason you and Vera got married, I could call you dad." They smiled and danced away.

Vera smiled at me and said, "Now that's something to think about," and pulled me even closer.

*

Thank you for reading my story.

Comments always welcome

DG Hear