All Comments on 'Just Once: A Sequel Pt. 02'

by njlauren

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

It was a good tale. Excellent writing. But you ruined it for yourself with the possibility that they might get back together. Obviously you have never been cheated on as you have no idea the pain and anguish it caused, especially if you discovered it after her death. You whole life becomes just a haze and suspicion of this happening all across your marriage and even now, the only thing that keeps you going is reading about revenge againsi a cheating wife. You made it cozy and nice and a possible reunion. You literally have no clue. But you are a decent writer. Hopefully you'll figure it out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A wonderful take upon the original premise and one which enriched and furthered an already excellent work. Much more realistic than all others (except for the nuclear wars avoided - which were unnecessary). After multiple tours in Asia unit I can attest that the extraordinary services that ordinary soldiers render would have sufficed in attaching honour to the MC's service. The author is obviously one who thinks deeply about his craft and such stories cannot be rushed. Congratulations on a masterful offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Longwinded, repetitive garbage, really no need for this to be this long!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

GREAT ending of this story.... the best, most well-written and thought-out of the whole bunch. This is a true masterpiece! Thanks for taking this story as high as you did, and once you touched the sky with it, you brought it to a certain but gentle landing.

.

A classique!!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
A little too much detail on the software hacks if Dr Dickkess’ cars and home HVAC system.

Could have gotten by with 1/4 the detail.

3-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You admit that you didn’t finish the story meant to be a conclusion to someone else’s story?

I’m so sick of this crap

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No, don't go back... it is over now

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
5 stars

Enough said

HighpikeHighpikealmost 3 years ago

Simply superb. Thank you so much. There has been an interesting mix of 'finishes' but this has been the one I have most enjoyed and been gripped by. Very best wishes for your continued writing which I look forward to reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
She wore her lover's promise ring to the pre-divorce meeting

You obviously put thought into why Marcy strayed but no thought about why Marcy would want to stay married to Rick. You had them meet at her insistence but she never says she's sorry or asks for forgiveness. He notices she is wearing Trey's promise ring but he doesn't mention it while she's denying having a relationship with him.

There was too much filler. Rick seemed to keep closer tabs on Trey than Marcy. What happened to the promise ring? Marcy would have sued Trey/Hospital if she was demoted to be replaced by Trey's next conquest. Is that how Marcy got her job?

You aren't a bad writer but the plot was tedious. I gave you a 3.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like the 1st part before the divorce. After the divorce was pretty boring.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Agree with several comments: long winded, rather predictable, and lacking any erotica. Rather than work off of a posted story that in reality leaves little room for new twists/turns, share some of your own thoughts/work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I must second the comments from Legio_Pastra_Nostra in that this is easily the best of all the "Just Once" sequels. And probably closer to what Kalimaxos himself might have done. Describing such deep emotional issues through conversation is very difficult - at least I would find it hard to do. The only quibble I have is that the daughter's name kept changing (it was Phoebe in part 1, then went back to Rhonda, the original name in the original). I've said this already, but say it again. You can't rely just on computerized editing. Also use your eyes.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

good story. I vote for 5⭐

just a little personal criticism about your approach to the male character:

I don't know any man who talks as much as the Rick you invented.

Men in general do not deal with their emotions or feelings like women, they are not great talkers.

They are more used to interiorizing or physically exteriorizing.

Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story after 100 different endings. 1 part I think you did not deal with at the last meeting was the promise ring she was wearing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"I thought that it was just a bit of fun to tweak you." - After all that she's already done, she still feels the need to "tweak" him?

/

"Trey was just a fling with a younger man." - Funny, she didn't feel that way about Rick and Diedre, which was MUCH less.

\

"He wasn't a stranger, he had become a good friend! And yes, he was very helpful to me, he listened to what I was saying and was sympathetic." - Yes, he became a good friend because she was sharing with him instead of with Rick, and he was "sympathetic" because he wanted to get into her pants.

\

"it is just that I knew the rules, was bound by them." - Apparently not all THAT bound, LOL!

\

"Maybe because I was afraid you would jump to conclusions, the way you are doing, about my relationship with him right now." - But Rick ISN'T "jumping to conclusions" right now, he's 100% correct.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

At the end of your story you wrote, 'This story, like other story ideas I have had, comes out of the question of why a seemingly loving wife would do something so horrific to the person they loved.' You wrote three pages of melodrama that in the end Marcy finally admitted she did wrong. Where I have my problem is, she went from Rick the asshole to Rik the saint. Hell, I almost expected to see his name with a halo around it.

Unfortunate fact, people cheat every day. Some do it because they can, some do it to get even with someone over some dumb invented thing. The worst is doing it to destroy someone's happiness just because they aren't happy.

Your final line in the main story, 'Instead for some reason he read it, and a small smile came upon his face, with that admission he felt the past was closed and he could look forward to the future with hope and to start his own healing.' He had already restarted his life when he started dating again. Her apology was just her stating that she had come to grips with what she did, if he needed to come to grips with what he did then he was in too deep to crawl back out.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"that is no longer your business. " - Strange thing to say to somebody that you want to take you back.

\

"But Rick, you know the stories..." - Yeah, you hear the stories about the cheaters, because they're the juicy ones, you don't hear about the many times more who DIDN'T cheat. Why does LW have more readers than Romance? Because the stories are juicier.

\

"chose to forgive her anyway at Rick's urging." - Again, I wouldn't urge forgiveness. I wouldn't urge vengeance, either, I would just stay out of it, let it be what it would be.

\

Why would she be demoted just because she was moved off of Trey's team?

\

If you listen to Portelli, Rick should be Secretary of State and/or head of the CIA, sheesh!

/

I think the story is finished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your story is admirable. I can relate because of my experiences as a old Nam vet. Hope you continue to write. Ignore the trolls. They are not worth your time. Thanks

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Interesting direction for a conclusion. You put a great deal of effort into showing how hopelessly oblivious Marcy was to Dr Dickheads manipulations and the resulting anguish she caused Rick. The story was a bit long winded in places, but still an enjoyable read.

I still struggle to understand why Rick would put any effort into talking with her. If, after 20 years of marriage, your spouse declares a marriage holiday, it’s over. Just file the papers and leave. She is not worth the aggravation, especially if it’s likely she cheated earlier.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Okay, it was a bit long overall but you are a talented writer and I loved your ending to this story. I will certainly be looking out for more from you. 5 stars from me.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

That was good. Part of being good, is recognizing the error in your part 1: the daughter was Rhonda, not Phoebe.

This one could have been better, with the story told through character interactions and dialogue, rather than statements of fact.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Contrary to "Legio", this was, as someone else points out , needlessly longwinded. But far worse, the number of LW cliches sinks this ship. The tedious virtue signaling of this bit of standard LW tripe is representative of what follows in the rest of the story: "Rick told the kids he appreciated the loyalty, but they should work on trying to not walk away from Marcy..." (Yes, children, I want to to honor your sociopathically narcissistic mother who betrayed me, you and our family in the worst possible way.) Then there is the typical, "You [her parents] need to ask her what she did." idiocy, as if you are somehow more "noble" for withholding the truth from people who have been lied to. Yes, betrayed LW husbands need to be "nicer" than Jesus. Then there is Weston's dishonest blame shifting (to himself!) in the Portelli conversation, which is about as rancid an example of misplaced chivalry as I've seen in LW. The endless emotional handwringing by Weston and his willingness to endure Marcy's dishonest blather in the divorce meeting, while an LW staple, is also unrealistic and tedious. The author may have wanted to avoid the Martian Slut Ray, but the supposed motivations of Marcy were almost psychotically narcissistic. Writing her as bringing "Trey" to the hotel was so over the top that NOTHING could generate any sympathy afterward for the slut. Ultimately, Marcy is an irredeemably unsympathetic character, and the story gets drug out by writing Weston as a bit of a weak putz, especially for a military guy. That is why the story drags. In any recognizable world, a husband would cleanly guillotine any relationship with a cunt like Marcy and move on. All the toing-and-froing after her return is a cloying false note that uselessly takes up space. The hacking revenge on Trey was simply silly. I'm surprised the author didn't write in other stern measures such as sneaking Ex Lax into his hot chocolate. The bit about his subsequent marriage can't be connected to his character, as developed, in any way. The author might as well have written that Trey decided to spray paint himself blue....neither one has any discernible connection to the character "Trey" developed in the story.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

You finished it well enough. Leave it there. This was a well written story if a little long in places. But I agree with you that sometimes, you just gotta say what you gotta say. Then you go back and trim it so it is readable and logical. You did a great job. I applaud you.

I wondered for a while if you were going to let Dr Dickhead off the hook, but you did not. His 'redemption' by having a controlling wife was nice if a little overboard. I'm surprised he never got his ass kicked for messing with married women. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked it, good writing

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

it's clear what NJLAUREN...is TRYING to do. In a general sense like everybody else who had written an ending .... this particular author who's trying to save a turd of a story.

.

In this case the focus is on the meeting and confrontations that takes place in order to get the wife to Sign the divorce papers. The wife is so stunningly delusional and insane in the original story that it makes any sort of rational conversation with her in in this sequel almost impossible.

.

When the husband points out his sacrifices of he is military career Because she asked him to and to do it for the family...That really is the turning point because from there .... The wife has no answer as to why she never to talk to her husband about the unhappiness she had in the marriage or the sex life

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

Want into a married woman's deal. Just listen to her. Sad but true. No matter how right you might be it could have been done differently.

PdgriggsPdgriggsalmost 3 years ago

Best conclusion I've read of all the "Just Once Stories." Kudos for the great writing. As an author you are a true artist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am an anonymous commentor...and I'm not going to roast the author...weird, right?

I actually gave 5 stars on this one. Not because it is a perfect story, there are a few flaws, kind of like people, NO ONE is perfect! But, as I read this version of the story I could see the faint light of redemption off in the darkness of Marcy's new life. Anyone who thinks they are perfect (like Cardozo?)...get over yourselves! EVERYONE could use a little redemption some time or another. Sure, she screwed up and caused a lot of colateral damage to boot. But the real problem, the cause of chaos, the means to madness, the LOKI in her life was Trey Cardozo. Personalities like his are poison, toxic, acidic in every respect in how they deal with others. I've met some like him over my decades of life. I feel fortunate not to have dealt with them extensively. They exist only for themselves. If Marcy can be redeemed after owning up to her misguided walk into Cardozo the spiders web then hurrah for the author! Redemption stories are ages old, we all need one once in a while! I would like to see Marcy make it back. There are plenty of bitter BTB and Revenge stories out there already and more keep coming in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great place and way to end this story. Ties in very well to the original. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not sure this needs more. I doubt they're going to end up together, but they'll at least be at a point where they can attend the same functions without wanting to do anything stupid.

I said I was looking forward to your handling of when she gets home. I think we got deep enough into her head, and Rick made her come along with us on that journey.

You've handled these characters well. Now let's see what you can do with your own story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved Pt. 01 for the thoughtful exploration of Marcy’s motives.

This second part was OK. It didn’t really add much. Rick verbally repeated what he and Angela had figured out and had then written to Marcy in his letter, all in Pt. 01. It was thoughtful, illuminating, and interesting the first time, but less so on the third telling. In addition, for me, things were wrapped up a little too tidily at the end; life, and especially tragedies like this, never wide up with no loose ends.

However, this remains the most sensitive, helpful, and satisfying by far of all the sequels I’ve read (and I think I’ve read them all). I very much look forward to the author’s future contributions. Thanks so much.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 3 years ago

I'm really liking your work and here is some hopefully constructive criticism on how you'll get a full five stars from me. The only reason I didn't give 5 is the old maxim, "show don't tell." Too much of the conversations, especially between Rick and Marcy, flip between you telling us what they discussed and actual quoted dialogue.

Here's an example, the following four paragraphs we (the readers) are one step removed from being "in" the action by having the dialogue mediated through a narrator...

-----

Rick told her he had had someone investigate what was going on back home when he was in Korea and then had someone go back to investigate further when she went to Colombia with Trey, so he knew the truth.

Marcy was incensed that he had checked up on her, both then and now, and said she had always trusted him, to which Rick snorted , knowing the reason why Marcy ended up cheating.

He told her back then he had dropped the investigation because he had no proof she was unfaithful, but that even if she had, he felt like it was not worth confronting her over and possibly losing their marriage.

He then went on to say that the recent investigator uncovered evidence that that what went on back then was worse than sex, that she and Trey were in a full blown emotional affair. He pointed out that by the time they met in Hawaii she wasn't really there, she was angry and withdrawn and that he understood now that she was already under Trey's spell and resented being with him.

----

Then you follow it with actual dialogue, which is far more effective.

-----

She almost yelled, then caught herself. "Rick Weston, when we met in Hawaii it was all your fault, you dismissed my concerns and treated me like I wasn't there! I was so angry at you, I wanted to leave."

He looked sad. "Which you did, you left early."

-----

Having us, as an audience, "see" the action (in this case the conversation) and "hear" their own words, increases the emotional impact of the story and our own emotional investment.

That being said, I really liked your take on Kalimaxos' tale and look forward to your future stories.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

I actually enjoyed this part more than the first part (and I loved part 1). I enjoyed you taking us through the "why's" of their failed marriage and the psychological drama she went through as a military wife and her submission to a sexual predator. Some parts of this story play out in real life everyday, sad as that is. There are several "lesson learned" for military/veteran readers like myself with possible suggestions to keep it from happening to you. I appreciate the support you showed military families throughout your story. It was well written, good narrative flow, and the plot lines made sense. It'll be interesting to see if you ever pick this storyline up again - tough call. I normally lean toward BTB in a mature marriage split like this, but you present a compelling argument that Marcie truly understands what she's done and is a fundamentally different person at the end. That paints their chances in a different light if they re-engage with each other at a later date. 5*

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I appreciate the comments, positive and negative, they help. With part 2 I shortened it to use as much narrative as possible as dialog, the original part 2 was a lot longer.

As far as Rick being an angel, the reason I have him acknowledging faults is so he isn't an angel. He realizes he could of done things better, that he was human and flawed, not an angel,while making clear he in the end was not responsible for Marcy,she was.

The promise ring was deliberate, in my thinking Marcy is still in la la land, she still thinks she can manipulate Rick into taking her back. It fits her profile, she is torn and twisted, she has competing emotions and that is a part of the story. Rick knew it was over but her wearing the ring to.this meeting told him how far gone she was. Again Marcy is not a monster, she is someone who let herself get into this state.

With due respect to the person commenting on the pain of cheating,I can't imagine what it is like to find out after they died. When someone is alive you can confront them, yell at them, make them feel pain,you can't when they are dead. I have that kind of pain w family members who are dead, whom I can't confront with what they did to me,so I sort of understand. However with human beings there is always hope of redemption. When someone acknowledged what they have done to the victim and truly repents,it is healing,someone from the grave can't do that. Btw not saying you are wrong,just saying that when the perp is alive it is a lot easier to heal.

People commented that Rick was healing from Marcy and the email of her admitting she was an asshole was unneeded are missing something. When someone is a victim, having the perp admit they were wrong can be quite cathartic and to in a sense ask for forgiveness is huge. In traditional penance, not like the schmuck evangelicals when they cry mea culpa, mea culpa I have done wrong, you need to acknowledge you did something wrong and make amends to the victims. That is for the victims to heal, but also the perp,too.

Could they reconcile? Like I said I don't know, there was a story written a while ago that I wondered given the horrible affair the wife had could they come full circle. This one was not as bad ,so ?. Not feeling it at the moment, I ended this with the relationship dead like the 10 of swords in a tarot deck, the glimmer on the horizon is ?

As far as what happens to trey, that was for fun, I figure an arrogant prick like him ending up under the heel of a formidable woman prob causes him more daily pain then getting beaten up. The stuff with the NEST was from a real divorce frim hell, the car stuff is technically possible, Porsche had a huge issue with how easily their EMU could be hacked ( they supported blue tooth monitoring in the obdii interface), Tesla would be harder but not impossible.

Again thanks to all who read this and commented. Writing is a learning process, I am not like DQS or QHM1, I am not a professional writer, so comments that say why you like or hate it are constructive ( saying it sucks,not so much). I strive for the great story but also at times the fun of a Saddletramp story. I have some ideas, including one I suspect will piss off some people ( not a cheating wives story,I promise).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"I left the story where I did because I don't know what Rick and Marcy's future holds ..."

Best left alone. The future is very sad. The kids will be fine but she destroyed Rick's life and to a lesser degree hers. She went nuclear and there is no coming back. 4*

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

I thought it started a little slow but became better as I read it. One thing you need to do when writing is get the little things right. Seaman is to generic. There are three rankings of SR/E1, SA/E2 and SN/E3. They all work hard for there rankings so give them there do. I hope you do revisit this story to give it an ending, just don't wait to long. I don't see how Rick and Marcy could ever re-marry to big a trust issue, but co-habitat together and live out there golden years could be a compromise. 20 years together is a long time to dismiss. Of course that is JustOneMansOpinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Some one got it right You did a great job. I read it twice.if you write more hope it continues

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
One big Cliché

I am sorry I wasted my time

MVarroMVarroalmost 3 years ago

Good version, but I think it doesn’t need another chapter. Try instead to write a story of your own. I would certainly read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
I liked the story 4 stars

He did NOT take her back and gave the correct reasons. She did not understand what she had done wrong until therapy and the new chief surgeon. She finally got it right what she had done to HERSELF!!! What I did NOT like is the hint at a sequel that MIGHT??? get them back together. Then it would be in my opinion only, just another WIMP story with a hardy 1 star vote. That is why only 4 stars...

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Well she outta drop by Rick in a raincoat over garters and heels and seduce her hero just like Ellen Barkin in Sea of Love with Pacino…. What a grocery shopping trip that was

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsalmost 3 years ago
Best of the Bunch

This is, by far, the best handling of an alternate ending to this story that I have seen. Five Stars

NgatiDylanNgatiDylanalmost 3 years ago

Nice writing and a good attempt at exposing the thinking behind her apparently irrational actions. Wasnt clear why she cut herself from the children though, or why she waited till well after he had left the military. The flirting in the hotel lobby was a bit unnecessary and wasn't properly explained. A pity you have taken 10 years on Literotica to start writing, but keep it up!.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is the best of the conclusions to the original story. Part 1 was really good and explored why the wife behaved as she did. Part 2 just confirmed her delusions.

Evah_Rheddy

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I doubt anyone is going to top this. And NO that is NOT an invitation to try....and not just because you arent going to do any better than this.

Well done job showing how she built herself a world that didnt exist except unto herself and Dr Dickless.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I actually liked part 2 , as Rick got a chance to take Marcy down a peg or two. But he was really much too easy on the cheating bitch. They also had some of the densest children in LW history. The retribution for Dr Cardoza was irritating, but I prefer castration or pickled thumbs, even though he could still practice medicine. I hope this finally puts Kal’s story to bed for good. What a seed he planted.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 3 years ago

It is interesting how the educated ones like Marcy can fall for the BS that the good doctor set out to do and how she fell into the trap. She was so far gone with the doctor she could have continued to have them both but the good doctor twisted her to send the letter, have his fun all why rubbing it in Ricks face. Sounds like he had her replacement on the hook and was moving on or up after the trip. I think you put much effort into this chapter and if the rest of your own work is as good, you will have a large following. Good luck. 4*

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Well that was a helluva story from a clearly gifted writer but....he joined a BOOK club? 🤔

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you! I didn't agree with everything but would love to see what happened with Rick and Marcy. I'm a reconciliation person but only when deserved. So I'm interested to see how Marcy "makes things up to Rick". I hope you will post when you are able.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 3 years ago

Quite good, five stars. Not the best of these accumulated efforts, but right up there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This part is much tighter than part one. I am glad I read it and look forward to your efforts in the future. Thank you.

___Anon8675309

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 3 years ago

I thought Rick did a great job of getting into her head and showed her just how she was played by the good doctor. He slowly filled her so full of himself that he was the one who told her what to write in the letter. As he left on the trip I am sure he had another married nurse on the hook so he could come back and ‘rub it in Ricks face and the move on. 5* much thought in this chapter and I hope to see more from you in the past.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

A good sequel, but a bit too nice to her regards the kids. Cheaters wreck families and in real life are NOT forgiven by the victims whether they be spouse or kids.

Only here do authors treat the kids of broken marriages as afterthoughts who forgive and forget.

Reality proves this is not so.

4/5

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

BTW, yes l for one would to see what happens to Rick and Marcy in the future now that the true is accepted

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

crap

absolut crap

you spare no one pain if you keep key info from them (parents)! Stupid BS

maninconnmaninconnalmost 3 years ago
Well done!

You write really well, thank you for this story! It did get a bit long in the beginning of Pt 2, but it was overall a very believable portrayal of a female character who had gone off the deep end. You brought her back to reality nicely, and in the end she was reborn into someone a reader could actually like. I felt you ended in a great spot, early enough to avoid anti-climactic drivel, but with enough momentum that she and Rick had futures individually and potentially even together. As for the Rick, he remained the dignified officer and gentleman one might respect, with enough mischievous friends to harass Trey and remind us that military men do get time off, are still around after their service, and possess interesting skills, often employed with tongue in cheek.

You are a frequent commenter here, I’m glad to see you writing stories too!

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Very well written. And as a romantic, I hope for some kind of reconciliation. Maybe they get together as friends, or friends with benefit. Marriage isn't necessary but I would like them to grow old together.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply in the comments. I felt like you could have continued to a reconciliation. The kids were a bit unrealistic in their forgiveness. The promise ring was over top and seemed unnecessarily cruel. I personally would have like to hear more about her contriteness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! As others have said, I also would love to see a reconciliation of some kind. What all the BTB crowd fails to realize is that true forgiveness requires much more strength than hatred or just walking away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In response to Wargamers comment: "Cheaters wreck families and in real life are NOT forgiven by the victims whether they be spouse or kids."

Sorry, but you are wrong. While it may be uncommon, there are families that CAN forgive in real life. I have personally seen this in a friends marriage. It is difficult to be sure, but it can and DOES happen.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 3 years ago
We Can Only Hope

that njlauren continues to contribute to the Lit library. Whoopee! for a fresh new contributor who both takes the time to develop a well woven plot and character mix, but also demonstrates well above average writing skills. Thanks nj, for a nice read.

Now on to the complaints:

- so often authors on Lit depict at least one of the main characters as a dithering, non-decisive blob. Seriously folks, someone who has achieved Colonel rank (or similar senior position in industry) is a decisive decision maker who can unemotionally address an issue with the best, albeit incomplete, information available. Please stop writing such a confused turd personality into the character of an accomplished leader.

- "Loving Wives" is an erotic story category in a collection called "Literotica." Without the erotic component, this story becomes a Romance.

- Lit is is also largely a collection of short stories where reader expectations differ from the Novella category. Brevity is the issue.

- the writing here is about what I expect a professional editor might receive prior to final edits and publishing. This is both a compliment to nj, and a hint that a good proof reader would take this story to the professional (call it money making) level that would allow nj to stop supplying Lit readers with good literature. It's a dilemma where it could be better, but then it would escape into the commercial world...

Thanks again and,

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You pile up shit it's still shit

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - it was just too long and waaaay to much diagnosis & therapy.

Wife cheats - husband divorces cheating wife - end of story - except the kids always hurt for decades.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Agree with Willowghby below, this was a great job and was far more than an alternate ending. It clearly was a deeper dive into the husband's mind and with Angela's help the mind of Marcy. At the end, I cringed at the acknowledgement of Marcy's e-mail. Then, the end! Wow, saved by the bell! Keep writing, you'll soon see you name as being followed! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Fair story

My only complaint would be that Rick's letter was waaay too looong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Better Than the Original, That Was Good

Delightful tale with a lot of dialog directed to clarify their mindset. Also good plot construction and development. Sometimes I felt inside their heads. Almost perfect three dimensinal character development. Thank you very much.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

This Marcy appeared rather immature

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 3 years ago

njlauren has uncanny incite into human emotion. These two stories are proof of that. Although rather sad they are a great read.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Wordy as hell but I like it. People can have their thoughts twisted by others and go from there to building entire grievances out of rumors and things whispered in their ears by supposed friends, sad but ......

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 2 years ago

Yours, I think is the best ending to this story that I have read so far. I also think that should I read them all, I’ll still feel that way about it, Very well done. You should be proud.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Much better psychological explication than both the original story or your part 1.

Clansman2100Clansman2100over 2 years ago

Thank you I Enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tedious. The original story was fascinating and the many efforts to write the sequels have generally been good and interesting. This author's efforts have been boring, uninspired, psychobabble at its worst. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Wonderful Read and A harty well done

I read your follow-up 2 part story and wondered where it would go.

I really appreciate the turns and twist you brought into the story. It was good that you tied into the story elements that most people would never think about deployed military members.

From my point of view, we all know everyone has their own point of view, you have told the story in a way few people could. I hope you continue to write and share your ideas.

Thank you

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Downgraded my original rating to 3 after rereading this mess. Way too much psychobabble for yours truely,. I have two masters degrees and frankly a more than passing exposure to the paychobabble side of the house in an post graduate academic and a practical experience setting. I can categorically say that much of both stories is psychobabble bull manure. The original story from which this sequel is developed really does not leave with anything other than a BTB. The degree and immediacy of the actions taken in the sequels is up to you as author. I would submit that given the severity of the slut wife's actions both in the original story and your first sequel...there is no viable alternative other than immediate and punitive divorce with prejudice. What is rather depressing is just how much you make the cuckold husband an almost female emotional wreck of a wimp twisting in the winds of angst. ANYONE who was served with the shit sandwich that that sociopathic slut wife gave him in the letter and "free pass," would immediately move to termination of marriage with prejudice.

Furthermore, you make the cuckold so psychologically unstable that I am frankly disgusted by your limp wristed portrayal of what should be a strong ex military macho character. She did a series of outrageous in your face contempt actions and the author has the cuckold husband wringing his hands asking psychological advice over an intuitively obvious situation. SHE IS A SOCIOPATHIC SLUT WHO HAS PUBLICALLY CUCKOLDED HIM IN A 6 WEEK AFFAIR WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A BY YOUR LEAVE,. iTS IN YOUR FACE SLAM DUNK STUFF.,

The only reaction is decisive divorce...which does not happen until the cuck has no further options....PATHETIC!!

Then the author leaves Trey with absolutely no real revenge other than high school pranks.... I mean REALLY???!!! They idiot surgeon has engaged on a long term sexual affair on hospital time in direct violation of every possible stature and HHR policies of any hospital in the nation.... The author has the cuckold do absolutely NOTHING...not even notify the hospital administration or the Doctors Without Borders charity organization about the blatant sexual immorality being effectively sanctioned on their dime. Outrageous authorial oversight which skews the entire story into nebulous irrelevance.

In short this is two episodic addons which are frankly an utter waste of time... Sorry but you need to look at your base material prior to providing an add-on which is so utterly absurd!!!!

3 stars and that is stretching it a bunch

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

*****. Part 1 and this part 2 together are the finest conclusion this story could have. Very sensitive, thoughtful and ultimately somewhat redemptive. Very well done.

Denham_ForrestDenham_Forrestover 2 years ago

Long and very wordy.

But probably the best conclusion to the yarn I read, so far.

It doesn't close with my favoured words, but I believe it deserves to.

Life Goes On

DC

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

okay but way too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Marcy's letter to Rick looks like it was written by a real narcissist. A narcissist is not simply someone who is self absorbed. They leave a path of destruction in their wake. Those who are closest to them pay a price that could take years to understand. I know I have two family members who are female narcissists and one of them did something to her husband that's eerily similar to what Macy did to rick. A real narcissist, though, could never understand that they had done something wrong like Marci did.

Very good ending.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 2 years ago

There are many authors that have tried to finish this story but I think this is the best of the bunch. A great ending to my favorite story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

absolutely fantastic, The emotions, dialogue, the delay BTB in a more realistic manner

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Terrific, realistic end to the story. I found it to be a bit wordy at times but definitely got the point across. Please write more. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great finish to this story.

Tls2753aTls2753aabout 2 years ago

Good work. I want to read more from you. I did find the style a little bit wordy and repetitious, but I really liked the exploration of the pitfalls of a military marriage. The strain between being a military person and being a family person is very real for the military person. I especially liked Marcy’s talk about the code of a military spouse supposedly needing to support the military spouse no matter what and how that can harm their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was bad. I am so f...... tired of the noble wronged spouse urging adult children NOT to cut off the worthless bitch/bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marcy finally realized too late, that she gave in to an asshole that just wanted that thing below her belly-button. Possibly, if she really begged Rick, especially hearing to good things she admitted about him, they could be a family and grandma & grandpa can enjoy their future grandchildren... Please write a closing chapter... You are a great writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Oh he's soooo fucking noble

This made me puke. Literally. I'm wiping it up as I type. You owe me a new mop.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

You wrote an excellent first chapter but this part just repeats everything said. Where is the turmoil promised when her lover dumped here? Why to try and talk to the husband with the ring on her finger? You should have stopped there if you had nothing more to say

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

As a Marine Officer, I lost my second wife while on an overseas tour.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

Well written but really would have been a much better story had you not tried to be a sequel. You could have started this story from scratch and really captured your readers. I fear that we have reached the point where "Just Once" generates the same feelings of "February Sucked"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An ok story but with way way too much repitition. For me, there was not enough payback to either cheater or lover even after the cheater had her "come to Jesus moment" and the lover had "minor hiccups" in his life. Cheaters, regardless of their false logic, need to be virtually destroyed ( including the MC ) and lovers of cheaters need to be totally destroyed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You’re a eloquent writer but ya gotta shorten it up. I suspect that we’ll all read and even welcome long story every now and then, but this was a short story repeated 3-4 times! Way too repetitive. Same thing over and over. A story told more than once. Unnecessary you long….see what I mean! Lastly, you need to look up the meaning of the word “Literally “, because using that word in this sentence “…literally fucked his brains out…” is not the correct usage as that would suggest that his actual brains would have been fallen out of his skull! In this situation should have been “…figuratively fucked his brains out…”. Or just left it at “ …fucked his brains out …” and we would have all understood the point.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Way too Long.

Could have been finished in one go.

Pure and Simple weak characters.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

Gave it a good rating and it was one of my favorite of these alternate endings.....with one caveat...way too repetitive

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is all so stupid. Rick's first action would be to fax Marcy's letter to the hospital administrator and to the CEO of Doctors without Borders. He should tell them he planned to go major public with this and there would be an investigation into to both organizations as to whether or not this sort of this was not rare, if not rare, then legal actions would follow. You can bet your sweet bippie, the team would have been ordered home immediately with punitive actions to be considered. A long, drawn out story with a mediocre conclusion, thus my low rating.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Repetitive,weak characters, lack of resolve on the part of the Mc. When wifey daddy threatens to beat the shit from him,why not respond in like manner, with facts, and firm dialog to enlighten all the other idiots? The standard lw mechanism of not my story, you need to ask her etc is all just contrivance, and not in any way the way in which a real world convo would go....

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous