All Comments on 'Just Some Rain'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Great story! I love BBQ.

5

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Very nice. Wouldn't mind seeing a chapter 2 to see where things go. Maybe that MBA Ex of his is regretting her actions.

RiverMayaRiverMayaalmost 3 years ago

Mouth wateringly good. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was like sitting on the porch in the deep south and waiting for the food to be done. BBQ? Hell, just throw some charcoal in the Weber, spray it with starter fluid, light it, wait 15 minutes and then throw the meat on the grill. Takes less than 15 minutes for most meat to be done. Slap some sauce on it and you have BBQ. As for the story? It has too much food cooking and not enough LW bitching going on. So this barely makes the cut as a LW story. He needed a MUCH better lawyer when he got divorced. They hadn't been married near long enough for her to get "everything". Especially his business. But qhml1 has the same problem in his stories. Apparently no man can find a good lawyer when the times comes to get a divorce. Odd that.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 3 years ago

Nice story.... 5 stars!

No wild or particularly interesting events. No turmoil, high passion, or drama. A simple day where a man realizes that he has finally moved on, that life will be good again, a hope for the future, and that he is home. Not a bad day!

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoalmost 3 years ago

A 5* although wrong category. Non-erotic is better.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

You must be friends with Bobby Flay. Just an excellent day in the life tale. Excellent!

Five Stars

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

I was going to say wrong category but it really is the wrong site.

That was painfully boring.

It was not even a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Is this just a story about bbqing? I had to skim the last page from boredom. Maybe it got interesting, I dont know.....

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Now I’m bloody hungry.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 3 years ago

Fun one man! Thanks. Always look forward to your stories.

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

i don't understand much about bbqs but i finished the story in one sitting which is very rare for me. the story is solid and the writing is really good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

nice litte story without drama!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I haven’t enjoyed a story this much in ages. You could do a whole series based of it. I love your writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Recovering divorcee who can appreciate the references. That time just-off-the-chain, the self enforced solitude, the unintended solitude, the rabbit hole of one’s obsessive avocations.

Thanks for the minimal humiliation content. I’ll go back to my brisket and peach cobbler.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 3 years ago

Great read. Would love a continuation of this as a romance.

spud65spud65almost 3 years ago

More please… I really like stories like this one. Although fiction it is not over the top and definitely believable. Thanks for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is so empty, 2 pages feels like 10. The core LW part is so little, I search for Ellie's mentions and only got 5. Spent more time googling those bombastic words.

Should have posted in other category. Expected something with the red H next to the title and felt nothing.

Just a pretentious writing.

doejohnny64doejohnny64almost 3 years ago

GREAT story!!! Really enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing your talent with the unwashed masses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best of the year

FD45FD45almost 3 years ago

I am reading this as I am ineptly smoking a pork shoulder

BBQ porn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! I'm hoping this is not a one off story but many more stories to tell with these characters. I enjoy your work and the places you take us to and people we meet.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

"People up here didn't like talking to anyone that was different" lol.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

As a born and bred Northener, we don't get freaked out by ran. Obviously, hurricanes and such are a concern, but that's due more to the wind and the rain.

\

I, for one, could have done with less detail on the BBQ.

patilliepatilliealmost 3 years ago

Most excellent little tale! Luv it! 5*

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

One thing is for sure, I've learned a lot about grilling good food. Definitely not bad at this time. I really liked that you stayed in daily life and repeatedly interspersed bits and pieces of information from the past. So I don't always have to deal with a flood of new things. Many things are initiated but never ended. Leaves a lot of future possibilities open, which give the thinking apparatus fuel for the fantasies. Thanks for the good work and sharing!

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

That was the big revelation that he was home? All interspersed with meaningless food talk? Look man, I know you are popular and going to get a high score as a result but this was about a 600 word story wrapped in names of food and rain talk. No cheating wife or kink so I don't even know why this is here. Its non-erotic at best really. The imagery was fine I guess, if you like BBQ. As I said, sure you are going to get a high score but there is more meat in your food descriptions than in your overall plot.

MissMudMissMudalmost 3 years ago

Wow! Great story! Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I did not read this story simply because the tags are worthless. Tags are supposed to identify main features of the story. Puppies??? Let's go Mets?? bbq? Was there cheating? Revenge? Cuck? MFM?? RAAC? "Bbq." and No Dr. Pepper" convey nothing. If the tags are worthless why should I trust the author to spin

macopamacopaalmost 3 years ago

Than you for a wonderful story. This has become my new favorite story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A bit uneventful, for my taste. Probably would have been more appropriately posted to "non-erotic", or maybe Better Homes and Gardens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Boring

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wtf? Rambling on and on.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 3 years ago

Extra points for mentioning Conecuh sausage. Along with John Emerald whiskey it’s one of the best foods made in Alabama.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 3 years ago

That was really nice. Thanks

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

What a nice story. Welcome home.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great story about how you can go home again, even if it was never home.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I'm jealous. For a month now I've been thinking of writing a story where a man sits by his wood stove, contemplating the failure of his first marriage. He never understands what happened and doesn't want to repeat it. At the end of the day, his wife and kids return from the grandparents and his life resumes. I haven't been able to turn that into a decent story and here you did! This was excellent with the contemplation and reflection, interjected with the BBQ and neighbors. Wonderful job! Thank you.

BestOfAllWorldsBestOfAllWorldsalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Felt like watching a film of my life, except I moved from up North to Atlanta. I really connected here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The smoked fattie. One of the greatest BBQ items ever concocted.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

That was absolutely -- not LW, not Literotica.

But it works for me.

Thanks for that story.

Wish I could have that idyllic life too, no hassles

Just living life peacefully.

smc331smc331almost 3 years ago

Dayumm, Son! (Said in a Southern drawl...) You are one helluva wordsmith. Good stuff.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyalmost 3 years ago

You might have described the reason for divorce.

Something like, "While attending a food convention, the wife screwed the rep of your biggest meat supplier"...

5stars

Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sometimes the writing is so good that the reader is literally transported into the world being created by the words. This small tale is way too good for the company it keeps at this site. This was sublime.

5 of the strongest ***** ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Doesn't belong in Loving wives. Doesn't belong on Literotica. Try a cooking site. You have to be about the most pretentious person to ever post a story. Try thanking every person in Montana by name next time. This is as boring as hell, just like everything else you've ever written. This is the guy who comments on everyone else trying to tell them how to write?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What was that? It sure wasn't a story. More like a recipe drop. Two stars.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Loved it! Brought back some fond memories. Thanks and 5 stars!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 3 years ago
Excellent! Well worth a slow, comfortable read.

You write barbequese most eloquently. A man and his craft, you have it mastered.

Well written, well crafted, just enough details to flesh it out and tease us. I loved the subtle human interaction. The subplot regarding the Ortegas was entertaining.

He was home. Nice.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryalmost 3 years ago

Funny enough, I’m making ribs for Father’s Day today.

This story inspired me to look up different ways to cook them (and other things) in the future.

Great story 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One question: How does a guy in Connecticut get hold of Conecuh sausage? Someone in Alabama sending it to him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story very much , too bad I didn't have some of the smoked meatloaf with it!! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

InescuInescualmost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice story and I got to learn what sybaritic means. Win-win.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this wasn't even a story....at best it was part of a story....at best

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Snippets of a divorce and BBQing makes for a boring story. Skimmed page 2 after reading page 1.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
Nice

Very nice little story. Kinda hoping you continue it with more BBQ, and Hannah's story. Five stars. Now, I'm heading for City BBQ, because it's the best we Yankees got close around here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Now I’m hungry!

Thanks for writing. And for the bean recommendation!

Maninconn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not anything I wanted to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Loved the BBQ references. Would have liked to have seen the ex wife face the truth of her ex husbands intellect and business acumen actually being greater than hers and truly appreciate what she'd given up.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Nice slice. Made me hungry though...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damn fine story.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 3 years ago

Five stars wasn’t enough. Fine little story. The grillmaster lessons knitted the story together. The subtle change in the protagonist’s feelings from isolated and alone to being home and belonging was heartwarming. Good job!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Not only a great story at a time when LW needs it, but it made me want some BBQ. It’s pouring rain here on Father’s Day, but I get to pick our lunch spot. I’m looking for a sampler platter with ribs, sausage, brisket, burnt tips, and the king of all BBQ, Eastern NC chopped pork. Thanks Bebop for just what I needed. BTW, don’t forget the hush puppies and red slaw.

terraknorterraknoralmost 3 years ago

What a way for a guy to find out he has friends. Awesome story, as always 5*. Love reading your stories and qhml1's as well. To me, where the MC is located is "home" - he has warm, wonderful memories of being there in his childhood and early teen years. It's no wonder he returns there after being hurt by his divorce and the fallout from same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story ,no way belongs in loving wives, a barbecue guy who feeds the neighbors lost soul.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Nice Start to a Engaging tale.

I think it's a great start to a Romance story and don't see it as a Loving Wives entry. Just my opinion.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Well written, as expected, but not sure what I just read in the big scheme of things... Sure would like to know what he will do with his new insight. 4*

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 3 years ago

BBQ addict, 3 smokers, 2 grills and am building a wood fire pizza oven. Keri beans are awesome but I am the only bean addict in the family. Great story, so real. 5*

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

Outstanding … as always! A very enjoyable read! Thank you!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Very well written story. Certainly not what I was expecting with so much total crap being posted lately.

Totally unexpected and very much welcomed!!!

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

Moving on. Good story. Grilled all my favorites except tuna. Too bad they had none in the freezer.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 3 years ago

NIce snapshot.

Thx!!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this. It almost felt like I was listening to an episode of A Prairie Home Companion, the radio show that felt as if it was made in the 1940's. Humour, angst and good feeling, as well as good food and company. Who needs a whole lot more than that?

Thank you, sir. 5*

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

Good beginning to a romance tale, got me hungry for some brisket, but it didn’t feel like a LW story. Maybe needs a second chapter, although it stands just fine on its own.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

This is not the story to read when you're hungry.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 3 years ago

Thanks man, excellent little take. Although now I'm hungry!

Killian

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 3 years ago

Fuck, now I am hungry for BBQ - dammit - and the only real BBQ pit around here closed about 3 years ago... /sigh...

5/5 for the visuals though and the tale - thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What is with you people blowing smoke up the author's ass on what a "GREAT" story this is?? WTF!! It was a boring story about some dude BBQing during a power outage. With a side helping of saving puppies. Hallelujah Praise The Lord!! Greatest story ever written for LW. At least it wasn't a cuck story is about the best thing I can say for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

read it on another sight. Loved it but not LW stuff.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

And…. When does Ellie show up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WRONG CATEGORY. This is non-erotic story.

And I almost agree with the one that says this is even posted on the wrong site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written. Good solid story of the beginning of a Romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Sitting there working while listening to the guitar and rain I still had no idea how I'd misjudged Ellie so badly." He hadn't. He had an eye for detail, and when he met and courted and married Ellie I'm sure she was prime. And if he had paid as much attention to his wife as he had paid to his cuts of meat he'd probably still be married, or would never had made that mistake to begin with.

Its not who or what your spouse was when you marry that counts, its is who or what they evolve, grow, change, disintegrate into over the years that counts. People change, and you have to monitor and if possible participate in that change. It sounds like when he married Ellie he acquired a rare and beautiful piece of art, then put it on a shelf and admired it, thinking it was static, immutable, constant. I suspect its a common mistake, attributed to love, trust, innocence, adoration. Let's hope he's smarter now, more realistic, and more accepting of human nature and its vagaries.

It was an OK story, in the wrong category, and way too smarmy and obsequious to southern smoking techniques and traditions. Most of the cooking descriptions are just Google speak, food web lore. It was campy, and probably endearing, to someone from Connecticut. How fey.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Being a Yankee who grew down South I can relate to his attitude about his neighbors. Worst part of this story is that now I got to go back home and find some good BBQ stands. The great debate will never be answered but I'll enjoy the different styles of cooking from each State without a bit of shame. Wonder if King's is still open in Petersberg?

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Should’ve been I 'Romance' not LW, otherwise I loved it.

BoxerR100BoxerR100almost 3 years ago

Well written, nice flow, another great piece of writing 👍👏

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“She felt entitled to everything but would graciously accept almost everything” is a great line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Jesus! Sorry, couldn't finish this. I'm not sure if it's a story or a cookbook. Normally I like your stuff but this was tedious. I gave up before the end of the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Win Win

Great story.....Great Beans shoutout ....who could go wrong!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’m off my meds, puppy’s, teary eyed. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Good read, just what I needed today. Funny how a “good guy” always seems to fit in wherever he goes. As to the BBQ references, don’t know anything about smoking, but damn, it sure sounded good!

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 3 years ago

I agree with one of the tags - grilling ain't bbq!

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Nice story and the reflection on his loneliness was a great way to begin to move forward. You don't need sex or harsh actions to find meaning and maybe even love again.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

Good hell that was fantastic….now I’m hungry. A life well lived is the best revenge and it seems his life is getting good. Wonderfully told story.

SweboSweboalmost 3 years ago

Sweet...with a hint of vinegar and hardwood smoke.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

Nope.... brisket isn't coming off that quick :) and you don't let it cool off before wrapping and sticking in a cooler.

Otherwise, a good read.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Great stuff

A little heavy on the BBQ/smoker references, but the plot was terrific.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...

SIMILAR Stories