Justin Thyme Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madge and Susie walked in the door of Carole's Couture right on time at ten-thirty to see Suzette waiting for them. "Carole is running a little late this morning, but we don't need her for what we have to do at the moment. Come on back to the fitting room with me and let's see how the gown looks."

Suzette made a quick stop in the break room and fixed a tea tray and carried it back with her. "Please have a seat and a cup of tea while I gather things together. Carole had to go over to the Senator's house with the Senator's wife's dress because she was unhappy Carole gave you hers and made her a different one. I swear that woman thinks just because her husband is a Senator it makes her royalty or something. As far as Carole is concerned she really wouldn't care if she lost the business except that it brings in others."

Suzette swept out and returned a few minutes later bearing Susie's gown. "Here you go, Susie. Let's get this on you and see how it looks. Nice hair, by the way! Doesn't Jacqui do a nice job?"

"I can't thank you enough for suggesting her! She and Jennifer are amazing! Jennifer even matched my nail polish with the gown."

Carole came in the door as Susie finished putting on the gown with Madge's help. "I love your hair, Susie! It really looks great!"

"Thank you. I really feel like I'm being spoiled this weekend. Do I need to be home before midnight?"

"No, my dear. Your magic is good for life because you make it yourself. Jennifer did a nice job matching your nail polish, didn't she? Suzette, do you see anything we need to touch up?"

"I don't think so, Carole. Susie, why don't you step up here on the platform in front of the mirrors and see what you think?"

"Has Joanne not arrived yet?"

"I haven't seen her."

"That's funny. She was planning to be here for the fitting. I'd better give her a call. See if you find anything we need to fix, Suzette. I'll be back in a moment."

Carole walked into her office, where she pulled the box with Michael's necklace and earing gift from her safe, and placed a quick call to Joanne, who was just finishing things with the police.

"Hello?"

"Joanne, Carol here. Are you still planning to come to the shop? Susie is here."

"I'm sorry. I was detained. I'll explain later. I'll be about ten minutes."

"Fine. I'll wait for you to arrive before I give Susie Michael's gift."

"His gift?"

"Oh, so you didn't know either? I'll still wait. I think you'll want to see it."

"I'll hurry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael called Richardson's Contracting from the ambulance on the way to the hospital and cancelled his appointment, promising to reschedule sometime the first of the week. All he told them was he had a minor accident and was on the way to the hospital, that he would not have time to make it before he had to be in Tucson.

Once the ambulance arrived at the hospital he was escorted in by the paramedics and the police officer. It was the officer who made arrangements for his care, asking expedition due to the circumstances.

Because many who seek care in the Emergency Room do not need 'emergency' care Michael was bumped up in the order, allowing for prompt treatment. Officer Sanchez, who was his escort, said drily, "If I hadn't pulled strings you'd be her for about four hours or so based on the looks of the waiting room. I don't like to push ahead of people who really need care, but I don't see why you should have to wait for someone to be seen for a cold, just because they don't have insurance and a regular doctor."

By now Michael's eyes were swollen nearly shut, and the pain was intensifying. He sat waiting in a treatment room for nearly half an hour before a young intern walked in to check on him. "What do we have here, Officer? Someone who wanted to fight when you made an arrest?"

"No, Doctor. He is a young man who was injured in an accident, and he needs your best care promptly."

"I see." The young Dr. prodded Michael's nose gently, only to have Michael jerk his head away. "It appears to be broken. From the swelling it appears there may be fractures to the maxilla as well, which would explain some of the eye swelling. This may cause problems with the sinuses. We'd better get him down to radiology for an MRI, and I'll page an ENT."

"Doctor, I have to be in Tucson by four-thirty. How long is this going to take?"

"How do you expect to get to Tucson? You won't be driving."

Michael put his face in his hands, carefully. How was he going to handle this?

"Doctor," Officer Sanchez interjected. "This young man is going to the Prom this evening. It is important he be there."

"I'm afraid that is going to be impossible."

Michael spoke up quickly, disliking intensely the self-important attitude of the young doctor. "Just get me taken care of quickly and I'll take care of whether it is impossible or not."

"Now see here. You don't give the orders here. I'm the doctor, and if I choose to admit you I will do so."

"Wait one." Michael pulled his cell phone from his pocket and dialed a number. "Get me Doctor Hannedy, please. Tell him it's Michael Thibodeaux."

The young doctor's face paled when Michael made the call.

"Doctor Hannedy, I'm really sorry to trouble you, but I'm down in your ER, and I have a young doctor here who has yet to learn that M.D. does not confer deity. I hate to trouble you, but I'm really in a spot here, and I could use your good services.". . . "Thank you very much, Sir."

"If you would be good enough to wait for about five minutes Doctor Hannedy will be down and we'll get this straightened out." Michael turned to Officer Sanchez and spoke with him while waiting, pointedly ignoring the intern until the curtain swept open and Doctor Hannedy, the hospital administrator walked in.

"Hi, Michael. What brings you here, and what seems to be the problem?" He stuck out a hand and Michael shook it.

"I have to be in Tucson by four-thirty this afternoon. I'm escorting a young lady to the Prom this evening, and it is imperative I be there, but this young doctor here thinks it is impossible, without even looking at alternatives."

"I see. What have you ordered, Doctor?"

"I was going to send them down to radiology for an MRI, Sir. Then I was going to have an ENT examine him. I believe there may be secondary fractures to the maxilla, and I told this young man it would be impossible for him to attend the Prom."

"Nonsense. It will not be fun, but there is no reason for it to be impossible. Here are your orders, and they will be followed to the letter. You are to personally escort this young man to radiology where he will receive an MRI STAT, which you will be certain is read by a Radiologist STAT, and you will have an ENT standing by here in this room when you return this young man to this room STAT. Following this treatment and release you are to report to my office where I will require a full report. Do you understand?"

"No, Sir. I do not."

"It's simple, you self-important little twerp. First off, we give prompt, courteous service in this hospital without throwing around our own self-importance. Secondly, this young man's mother is a member of the board of directors of this hospital, and furthermore, the MRI rooms you will be escorting this young man to were donated to this hospital by this young man's parents. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Move! STAT!" He shook hands with Michael quickly and said, "Please say hello to your Mom for me, will you?" And with that he was out through the curtain and on his way back to his office where he had broken away from a staff meeting.

Officer Sanchez was on his cell phone as soon as the doctor with an orderly helping pushed Michael's gurney quickly from the treatment room. "Sarge, we have an issue. This Thibodeaux kid isn't going to be able to drive himself to Tucson this afternoon. Considering the circumstances I'd suggest we find someone to get him down there. He has some pull. He just got a stuffed shirt intern reamed out for his attitude here." . . . "Yeah, he seems to be a nice kid. He hasn't given me any grief, but he's determined to be there at the Prom for some reason. Must have a really hot date or something." . . . "Oh, yeah! I forgot about that ring! We'd better do something about getting him down there. We don't need a lawsuit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finished with talking with Jim I headed back to the house determined to unwind a bit before getting ready for the night ahead. I got to thinking as I walked up the stairs to my room how my life had changed so drastically in just a short time. The more I thought about things I recognized they all hinged on our eighteenth birthday. Rosemary had been sending some mixed signals that I was not smart, or experienced, enough to decipher, and they didn't all come together until I gave her the Koala, totally not for altruistic reasons, but as a means of spying on her and her friends.

It was funny how that had worked. As much as I had wanted to see them changing clothes and get a chance to see them naked I had been to realistic with my gift, making it to lifelike and they had the feeling Mr. Koala, as they took to calling it, was watching them, hence they would not undress in front of it. Funny enough, Rosemary had no problems being naked in front of me, but for the longest time would not change in front of the Koala, nor would the other girls.

Mr. Koala in a convoluted sort of way worked out much better for me than my original intention, so I decided to remove the camera and be sure there could be no accidental discovery. I slipped into Rosemary's room and unplugged the radio so I could carry it into my room and made my way over. As I looked into its eyes I had to agree with the girls. It did look like it could see me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joanne hurried into Carole's Couture nearly breathless. She had to park half a block away, and being late already had practically run to the store. Joanne had no idea what gift Michael could possibly be giving Susie, especially since she herself had the ring.

Carole saw her hurrying through the door and waved across the room. "Hi Joanne. Come on back to the fitting room. Suzette is just finishing up a couple of last minute touch-ups. You are going to love the way she looks!"

"Hi, everybody. Sorry I'm late," Joanne half panted as she walked into the fitting room. "Suzie, you look stunning!"

"Thank you." Susie was fighting back tears again as she saw Joanne's reaction to her in the gown. She felt like she had to get hold of herself, or she was going to be an emotional wreck all day.

"Jacqui did a beautiful job with your hair, too. I really like the way it shows off the shape of your face. You are really going to stun Michael tonight!"

"Thank you." This time it came out as only a whisper, for Susie found she could not trust her voice.

Carole stepped up onto the platform with Susie just as soon as Suzette finished putting the last pin in her hem. "I have one last surprise for you. This is from Michael. He came by the other day and wanted to know if this would go well with your dress, and no, I didn't show him the dress. I thought it would look exquisite."

Carole handed Susie the box with Zeni's Jewelers embossed in gold on the cover. Susie opened it with trembling fingers and saw the diamond pendant and the matching earrings. With wide eyes and trembling lips she said, "Are these real?"

"Honey, Zeni doesn't do anything that isn't real."

Susie broke into tears for real and would have fell to the floor had Carole not caught her. Joanne and Madge both jumped onto the platform as well and helped hold her up. "It's too much! It's just too beautiful! I can't do this!"

"Honey, try them on. Michael doesn't think it's too much, and his father and I don't either. I didn't know anything about this, but I can't think of anyone they would look better on. After all the girls who have thrown themselves at Michael all of his life you are indeed a diamond, and you deserve them. He knows what he's doing."

Madge just held her daughter closely to her and allowed Susie to cry herself out on her shoulder. As Susie finally started to get control again Madge whispered in her ear. "It's OK, Little One, unconsciously picking up on Michael's pet name for her. Let him spoil you. He loves you very much."

Carole handed Susie some tissues as she started to get control of herself again. "I don't know what's wrong with me today. It seems all I do is cry. Look at me! I'm a sight!" Her mascara had run down her face and her makeup was smeared and smudged.

"Just wipe it off, Susie. You don't really need much anyway." Carole handed her a couple more tissues, and then said. "Go ahead and try them on. See how you look."

Susie handed the necklace to her mother. "Mommy, can you fasten this for me, please?" When it was in place she removed her earrings and replaced them with the ones Michael picked for her. The effect was stunning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the ENT was finished with Michael's nose he had a a protective plastic cover over the nose to protect it against bumps and tape across his forehead and both cheeks.

"I can't tell you that you can't go to the Prom this evening, but I can tell you it isn't going to be fun." The shot of Demerol Michael was given earlier had the discomfort level down to a low level, but it wouldn't be good for all night. "I'm giving you a prescription for some Vicodin, but I want you to go easy with it. It is nothing to play around with, and I don't want you abusing it."

"Don't worry, Doctor. I don't play around with drugs."

"This girl must be pretty special for you to go through all of this for her."

"Yes Sir, she is. I plan to ask her to be my wife, but that is not the only reason I have to be there. She doesn't even know the rest of it. I promise I'll be careful, and we are using a limo, so I don't have to drive."

"All right. You do what you feel you have to do, but for goodness sake, take it easy, and definitely no alcohol while using Vicodin."

"I don't drink, so that won't be a problem."

"All right. Here's your situation. You have a broken nose. No surprise there. You also have small fractures of the maxilla under both eyes, which is going to cause issues with your sinuses. I cannot do anything for them without surgery, and you've already said you won't do that today. You must see your doctor tomorrow, Monday at the very latest and arrange for surgery to properly set those fractures and to be certain the sinuses are properly drained. It will not be comfortable, but I guess you are young and can take it."

"Is it OK if I have one of the team doctors from the Cardinals take care of it for me?"

"Certainly. I don't have a problem with that."

"OK. I'll call Dad and have him set that up for me for tomorrow. Thank you, Doctor. Now, how do I get out of here?"

Officer Sanchez, who had been sitting quietly over in the corner spoke up. "We'll take care of that for you, Michael. The Sargent already arranged to have you driven down to Tucson."

"OK, thank you, Officer. Am I good to go, Doc?"

"Get on out of here, and I hope she says 'yes.' Anyone who is willing to go through what you will suffer tonight deserves that much."

An orderly produced a wheelchair for Michael to make the trip to the Emergency Room door, where he found the police Sargent waiting for him with an unmarked car. "How is it, Sir? Is it broken?"

"Oh yeah, it's broken all right."

Officer Sanchez gave the Sargent the rundown which brought about a whistle.

"I'm really sorry, Sir! I certainly didn't mean to do this to you! Like I said, I expected resistance."

"It's OK, Sargent. I understand. You guys are covering all of the expenses, and as long as you can get me to Tucson in time we'll be all right. Officer Sanchez said you had arranged transportation for me."

"If you don't mind, I'll drive you myself. It's the least I can do."

"What about Dad's car? I have to get it home to him, plus I have to get my stuff out of it and get the ring from Mom."

"I've already arranged to have a flatbed truck pick it up and deliver it to your father's house, and we'll run by there and get your gear. I'll take you to wherever your mother is to get the ring, also."

Michael nodded. Let me give Mom a call and see where to meet her. He pulled out his phone and called. "Mom, where can I meet you? The police are going to have the car delivered to the house, but I have to get my gear from it. Can I just meet you there?"

"I guess so. I'm at Carole's right now. Can you give me a few minutes?"

"Sure. You might want to tell Susie I had a little accident so she isn't surprised at how I look this evening. I plan to still go, and I'm not going to miss it. The Sargent is going to drive me to Tucson, and I'll have Justin meet me at my place in case I need any help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had the Koala opened up, and the camera removed when Michael called me.

"Justin, I need a little help. I had a little accident this morning and broke my nose. I may need some help getting ready. Any chance I can get you to meet me at my place? You can dress there if you want."

"Uh oh! That's going to be a little tight, but yeah, I'll make it happen. The only problem is I have to go pick up the girl's flowers, and I have to get my tux, and both are the other direction from your condo."

The Sargent could hear my comment and said, "Tell him I'll stop by and pick them up for him if he will call and tell them to let me get them. Just get me the addresses."

I gave Michael the address and then realized I was really screwed! I had the Koala torn apart, but didn't have time to put it back together and get over to Michael's in time to get ready. Now what was I going to do? I really had my tail caught in a crack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~