All Comments on 'Keys to the Sun'

by sheablue

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautifully written.

It is rare to read an erotic story with such a richly detailed environment. I thought the pacing was excellent and the world came alive. I believe the intensity of desire between Summer and Jesse.

OliviaMOliviaMover 7 years ago
Oh my god

This was so good. I loved it from beginning to end. Don't apologize - you did Bradbury's style perfectly too. You're a really good writer.

SilverMuseSilverMuseover 7 years ago

Oooh, I really liked this! Perfectly paced, every word where it should be, great narrative arc, tender romance -- your story grabbed my attention and kept me reading to the end. Sweet and hot, like sunlight. I loved getting wrapped up in a brief visit to Summer and Jesse's world. Now I need to go read the Bradbury story.

MagicaPracticaMagicaPracticaover 7 years ago
Beautiful

A well crafted story, beautiful use of language - everything I love in science fiction, rivaling some of the best Nebula award winners I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome!

Thank goodness for Jesse. Sure hope Bill gets what he deserves and then some.

GorcqGorcqover 7 years ago
Better than Bradbury

Not that I was ever a huge fan of Ray Bradbury. His work always seems to lack humanity, as though he's showing off his imagination for the bizarre and the characters are a bit of an afterthought. All Summer in a Day is no exception.

You don't seem to have that problem. This is the kind of story I hate to see the end of, even though I was glad to see Summer get what she wanted.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I loved the sentiment

The romance was sincere and touching. I especially liked the emotions smouldering beneath the surface as Summer and Jesse danced around each other.

but

When she was locked in the room, behind a door that could be opened only by Bill, Jesse, who had been searching for her, came down through a hole in the ceiling, but then didn't know where the opening led and whether they could get up and out to the sun. So, how did he get to the opening and drop in? Could they not go back the same way? Then go outside and join the others?

.

sheabluesheablueover 7 years agoAuthor
Response to rightbank

Hi rightbank! I'm not sure you will come back to read this, but I thought I would answer in case anyone else had the same question. I probably did not make it clear enough, but in this story the great doors that open to the outside do not stay open the entire time people are outside. They close, and then open again to let the people back in. I suppose for safety reasons, those doors are hardly ever opened at all, and are not built to stay open. I obviously did not explain this fully, perhaps I should have. I did try to allude to it when Summer's father says not to be late, because the doors only open once. (though now that I think about it, they opened twice, the second time to let people in ... but who wants to get bogged down in details!)

Thanks everyone for your support and thoughtful comments. I really appreciate them all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nothing

0 stars, if that were even possible. Don't put something with noncon themes in sci-fi, put it in noncon and add a note that it's a mainly sci-fi themes. If you absolutely cannot do that, then at least put a note that it has noncon themes. I was not in the mood to read a story that made me want to rip someone's throat out.

After calming down a bit and reading the above, I have decided to stil post it but apologize for just how mad I got. You need warnings about noncon themes.

fcknfreshfcknfreshover 7 years ago
Loved this!

What a wonderful approach to the Summer Lovin' contest. I don't often read SciFi but this was great!!!! Very good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's a neat story!

Thanks for posting and you certainly have a vote from me!

dougtapedougtapeover 7 years ago
Great story!

As a lifelong Ray Bradbury fan, I loved this story! Interesting similarities with a personal touch I appreciate. Keep up the great work!

And to Anonymous's "Nothing" rant from 9/8 - get a grip. Silly category nazi.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous