All Comments on 'Lady Constance's Lover'

by LizInTrouble

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It’s an organism Sarah

What a stupid uneducated cunt you are

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Why

I admire you for trying your hand at writing, but why would you think this story would do well in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

Please keep writing!

LizInTroubleLizInTroublealmost 5 years agoAuthor
Tough crowd

To be honest I've never really fussed about what category a story has. I put this in Loving Wives because I couldn't think where else to put it, and it tangentially had some adultery, but lesson learned I suppose.

'Organism' was a common Victorian malapropism for orgasm btw. The More You Know (whoosh stars). The point is not that Lady Sarah is uneducated, but still relatively innocent about sex. But fine, next time more cucks. Until then it's back to the orc rape I guess.

L

x

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
You owe a debt!

LizInTrouble

From the very beginning, I felt that you had borrowed major plot directions for this tale from D H Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover", in particular the whole rough dirty labourer shows stuck-up aristocratic bitch what fulfilling sex is all about. You had additional characters and their language was bought up to modern idioms. However, you owe a heavy creative debt to Lawrence which does not appear to have been acknowledged.

LizInTroubleLizInTroubleover 4 years agoAuthor
The clue is in the title

Youami, I thought I was being as clear as I could be by the title that this was a nod towards DH Lawrence. All stories have been told before, in their essence. I have two ladies not one, one is a widow, rather than having a crippled war veteran husband, and son on and so on. I don't think that the trope of 'aristocratic lady fucking the servants' starts with Lawrence - try Juvenal and his Satires, for example - and nor does it end with him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous