All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 03'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
gravyruggravyrugabout 11 years ago
It's like reading a comic book

The superhero is the only one who gets to save the day, and there's a cliffhanger with every chapter. I'm still reading, and hoping for a happy ending, but this one is exhausting!

AeroielAeroielabout 11 years ago
Damn !!

These cliffhangers are hard on an old man !!

Keem 'em comin.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

I understand Gwen's thinking but she need to open her mouth and ask Steve about that night instead of beating around the issue. Its not like she was going to tell Steve about Mort if he didn't assault her. I know she has no experience with dating but not at one time has she thought of what she could bring to the relationship? It seems to be always about what she expects Steve to do or not do. They don't know how to communicate with each other. Both have things they need to work on.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Lots of fun

The readers have to attack this as if it were one of these action books and not as straight forward erotica. Nicely structured and with a fine set of issues!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I'm enjoying

Its romance folks, even though it is on Lit. And in a romance, the desired other is almost always a little better than reality.

There are only so many plots and even the great ones recycle or interweave old ones.

trashmantxtrashmantxabout 11 years ago
Woooo

Holy smokes Batman!!!

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

OK - first comment. I like the story, a bit over the top, but you warned us ahead of time about that. Gwen however, is just a little too stupid socially and it detracts from the story. You have been dragging this redhead issue out for too long and I am sure all will end well, but at times the story line just gets awkward and stilted because you are trying to keep the suspense going. We all know it will get resolved, but in any real relationship the "COMMUNICATION" would have taken place long ago.

Looking forward breathlessly to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Communication

Hey people, take a chill. How many of use as adults by birthdays exp. are able to say we communicate well with our spouse/sig. other? Gwen is an 18 year old in her first relationship and still like almost all of us is expecting that Steve somehow has learned to read minds along the way.

They kids sound more like High School kids then almost any of the others on this site. Brilliant students and socially mature with adults, but clueless in interpersonal interactions. Very well written and accurate!1cad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't wait!

I love your stories and dying for the next chapter!

Sue

wrecktechwrecktechabout 11 years ago
I've been married for 29 years

and my wife still has moments where she expects me to have read her mind! I love the story but what might seem like tedious repitition about 'the red head' is just normal juvenile obsession by an inexperienced girl trying to come to terms with her feelings. I would be more critical if the character were supposed to be more mature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
HDK, your having fun aren't you?

Well, so are we. This is great fun..."and he tied her to the railroad tracks" Love this stuff. Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Contrived, formulaic, lifeless.

see the title.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
Dialog is awful

I'm struggling to stay with this story. The plot is interesting and shows a lot of imagination. But the dialog is awful. People just do not talk like that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dialog

I have to agree with "The Navigator" as much as i'm enjoying the story i'm not sure I can keep going with the terrible dialog :L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Dialogue is stilted, no one talks like that especially teenagers.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
cliche?

touché.

the car went over the edge

he dove off the cliff

and we are left hanging

details after this brief pause

josephpauljosephpaulabout 7 years ago
haha good read.

this guy is just the perfect male lol. tall dark and handsome. brilliant body, makes girls panties wet. brilliant athlete, hes humble, and also chilvarous, hes kind and complenting, he saves children from burning buildings and submerged cars. or your missing now is the 12 inch dick, i bet thats coming soon. never the less this is a fun read.

juliansharmanjuliansharmanabout 7 years ago

Started reading this a few years back and have returned to it again. Makes more sense now that I have learned about a lot of the 'American Way of Life' references and things that only US youngsters would understand.

Enjoying it a lot more second time around

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No! No! No!

This is becoming too trite!! The Hero diving into an icy river to rescue two children in a car that has rolled into the river. One of the worst "hero clichès" ever invented! Makes me want to puke...

I also need to point out the impossibility of the SUV rolling backwards down the incline. The only way that could happen is if the vehicle had been left in "N" - neutral. But the only selection next to "P" for park is "R" for reverse. So if the driver moves the shift but not far enough to engage park, the transmission still would be engaged in "R" - reverse. Vehicles in reverse gear will NOT roll backwards freely as if in Neutral. They won't roll at all. Try it yourselves. BTW, this only applies to automatic transmissions - manual transmissions don't have a "P" - park.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 5 years ago
Correction

A vehicle with an automatic transmission can roll when it is in gear if the parking brake is not applied, especially if it is on an incline. The engine is connected to the transmission via a fluid based torque converter which allows this to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wimp

Steve is a wimp.Hehcshould have clicked Ted when he hit him and he should be cool towards Amber and make grovel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ted

Once again Ted proves himself to be a first class arsehole.As for Qwen if that stupid bitch is the cleverest in the class ,the rest must be brain dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Real

In real life Steve would have dumped the selfish,self opinionated bitch and chined Ted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Spoton

Anon 10/10/19 as it spot on.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Seriously? Dad punches a high-school student? WTF? Going from Account to inmate?

I generally love your writing but ... some of this is way over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Billy would not have been in trouble, the guy forced her into the men’s room. That alone gets you a no fault beating. Then ripping her top gets you jail time and another beating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mort Governs would be run out of any smaller town once the rumor got out. If not out right having him called out and laughed at , people would simply stop doing business with him.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Still a bit too sweet but starting to get some real drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why didn’t Ted go beat the crap out of Mort? Or why didn’t he show up with the sheriff at Morts place? Especially in smaller towns no one gets away with assaulting young women. Either by the law, vigilante, or simply denied services and fired or their business bankrupted.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Glad you got Steve to help Charlotte and Billy out, and Billy saying those things while he was losing weight (whining about Charlotte and blocking for Steve) was hilarious. Steve's the right kind of man, too, the way he defended Gwen and told Mort to stuff himself.

I get Gwen's reservations about him from seeing Steve with Amber, BUT all the proof she's seen with her own eyes should have quashed her doubts; that part's being dragged out a little too far and unrealistically (despite her former lack of confidence and despite the fact she's still building it).

Great place for a cliffhanger, and I normally hate such things: I'm stoked to see how Steve rescues those small kids. 5

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A good story and I’m enjoying it greatly but l have to say Gwen comes across as a selfless self entitled unrealistic bitch. She can make her own choices regarding her own life, but she is not entitled to set the course for someone else’s life. That’s just wrong, and she knows it.

Foe a so called smart girl she is stupid when it comes to communication, something you would imagine she’d be good at. But apparently her skill set does not encompass communication skills, go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok stupid, stupid, stupid. She needs to directly ask Steve about the red head. That part is way too soap opery.

Nzq11Nzq119 months ago

Am enjoying the story line, but. Little pissed at Gwen being so narrow minded to not actually play the communication game. It seems all the issues they will have are by her making, cause she won’t do the most simple thing of asking directly about it. Will be interested to see where this goes

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

Reminds me of Nancy Drew stories from the 40s without the mystery. Steve has more in common with Ned Nickerson than the usual fare of high school heroes these days.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like most of the story, but Gwen is being hypocritical regarding Steve's withholding information. She did that about her date with Mort AND she's withheld that she saw Steve with the redhead. He can't read her mind, nor can he communicate every second of his life to her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES