All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 04'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
tears everywhere

great story.

WistfulSeniorWistfulSeniorabout 11 years ago
So Good!

You have a wonderful story going here. I could not help but get teary eyed reading this chapter. Waiting for each chapter is a form of torture, but all have been well worth the wait.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

I got choked up on this chapter. When these two are together its like life changing events happen. I like how Billy has changed some and is stepping up to be a better person. He deserves some of the accolades too.

If Gwen is still doubting Steve she need to just pass him on because there are plenty of women young and old that will scoop him up in a heartbeat. With all the press the rescue event will receive I wouldn't be surprised if Gwen is offered some modeling gigs. Depends on who offers I think she should accept and use the money for their charity.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Beautiful Story

but, for example, I am not happy about taping him up to play. I know it is in the tradition but they could ruin a multi-million dollar property for dinky high school title.

I know, he is a super-hero and nothing can happen to him, but you never know when we are going to step over the line....

wrecktechwrecktechabout 11 years ago
Concussion/Loss of consciousness and other injuries...

in this day and age would preclude playing for at least some period no matter what the individual has to say about it. Look at the troubles it is causing the NFL right now. Jim McMahon has dimentia. High profile suicides.

The question becomes when will Gwen find out that the reporter was the "other woman" in the restaurant? When will the reason for Steve and Amber's meeting be revealed? When will the USA convert to the metric system?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Mythical ER

An emergency room straight out of The Brady Bunch. Unrealistic dialog. Cartoonish characters. Hammer for a last name? Nothing rang true in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Freaking great!

great chapter. everyone else is boring. i love this series! keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Oh For Goodness Sake Folks!

It is a story folks. This isn't the next episode of ER. And even ER is not all that realistic but lasted for well over a decade on TV.

It is fun, it is enjoyable, it is well written and I for one am having a ball reading it.

Thanks HDK

Oh and I have played football with broken ribs, broken bones and as long as things were taped up properly and I could stand the pain, they let me play. I know of kid that had a ruptured appendix and when he was finally approved to play he played with the wound open to drain, just bandaged and taped and that folks is in the modern times.

ksandgrenksandgrenabout 11 years ago
More!

I love the story and want to see much more. I read the next eight chapters on SoL, but there is so much more still to come. At first I was afraid it was a modern day copy over of In My Life (which I love but didn't want to see redone.) But, while it does contain some of the same impossibilities, it is different and much more complete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

So when is the next installment of Lady in Red Ch. 05?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years agoAuthor
Lit has been rejecting these chapters.

The first chapter was rejected twice for underage sex, which anyone that reads the story knows does not exist in the story. The next chapter has been rejected twice for underage sex, and there is none. I re-submit the chapters without changing a word. If you have read it on SOL, you know there is no underage sex. The next chapter was submitted a long time ago and rejected twice. One more rejection and the story will end here, at least on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what or where is sol

what or where is sol. i love this series and author and dont want to wait!

ksandgrenksandgrenabout 11 years ago
Answer about SOL

SOL is Storiesonline.net. HDK uses the same name on that site. This is on about the fourth page of his submissions.

demon_Xdemon_Xover 9 years ago
wow

This story is making me emotional

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
That should stir up some national interest

and add to the YouTube hits.

I am hoping for a clarification soon on the 2 Ambers, Stahl and O Leary. TV and his past? Sharing the same first name adds to the confusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Third times a charm.

Honestly this is my third time trying to read this story. It's a good premise so far, but the dialogue kills me every time. Sounds like 1950's sitcom robots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the fuck, get your shit together

It's so confusing the story, here and there all mixed up

I_of_HorusI_of_Horusover 6 years ago
Dialogue

The dialogue is stilted. And that's being generous.

Also, why chapters of two or three pages? Why make me go back to the main author page every ten minutes and pick the next chapter?

Why not bundle a dozen chapters and call them part one, two and three? Just saying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How

How could Laura see the child crying on TV,when the camera was on Gwen and Steve?Just one of the many flaws in this authors writing.Does he ever check what he as written?.

jackson1863jackson1863over 4 years ago
FFS!!!

Anonymous, do you ever contribute anything positive? This is story telling, a good imagination at work. If you can do better, then prove it. If not, shut TFU.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flawed

Anon was right,this story is flawed,another one is how could Paula see Gwen dive in to the river when the television wasn't on until Diane asked her to do it.Jackson needs to stick to comics.

pgmfamdapgmfamdaabout 4 years ago

Sounds like the last 2 anons weren't paying attention to the story either. With as much action going on right then, there was a lot to take in, but the author did write that when Gwen handed the 1st baby to the police officer on the ladder, it was crying. Then Gwen brought the second baby to the officer and it was not crying. Do you think the camera wouldn't have been on the babies at that point? That was a huge part of the amazing action unfolding right then. Then, AFTER she handed the 2nd baby up, she looked back not seeing Steve. That would've been when the camera would have turned back to them. Also, for the last anon, kate was on the phone with her mother just after Steve jumped in to the water and stayed on it the whole time. Diane had just walked into Paula's house and was there as Kate called, so they were able to see when Gwen stripped and jumped in. Just saying, gotta read everything. The things you guys mentioned are all right there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why

Why would Qwen swim to the far bank when there was a policeman on a ladder who would have lifted him up.Also why would she feel tired saving Steve,?the human body is weightless in water.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You don't know.

You have obviously never taken a life saving or life guarding class. Dragging someone through the water can be very tiring.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Now you've jumped to over the top fun!! Great Chapter. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The Doctor is wrong on one thing , the sidelines are a horrible place to watch a football game from. Basketball not to bad.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

A bit too good to be true but I'm still enjoying this immensely.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

So far this story hasn't asked me to suspend belief, as I believe you've created plausible circumstances to let both Gwen and Steve shine--and so far, your desire to unite them in different circumstances matches theirs to raise sufficient funds to build that children's wing. So far I find your story construction largely sound. 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7123 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories