Lady in Red Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gwen and her sisters stood silently as Steve held their mother and patted her back until she cried herself out. Finally, Paula stepped back from Steve and wiped her eyes.

"Kate and I are staying here tonight. Since there're two beds, we'll double on them. We want Mom to feel safe, so we're all sleeping in this room. Knowing your next door really helps a lot. I don't think any of us has any doubt where you'll stand if we have a problem. Thanks so much, Steve," whispered Lisa as she kissed him briefly.

"Yeah, Lisa's right. I feel safer when you're around, and taking care of Mom sealed it for us girls," admitted Kate as she gave Steve a subdued kiss. "Gwen's your girlfriend, but we all think the world of you."

"I'll walk you to your room," volunteered Gwen as she grabbed Steve's hand and pulled him out the door. She then led him into his room and closed the door behind them.

"Kiss me!" was all she said as she leaned into his arms. For the first time ever, or so it seemed, they were alone in a room together. Steve made the most of Gwen's suggestion as he pulled her tight to his chest and kissed her long and hard. They would stop and look at each other for a few seconds and then press their lips together again.

"Oh, my! Is that the same creature that made its appearance this afternoon when Amber was showing you her breasts, while supposedly measuring your inseam? I'm surprised that she didn't try to measure something else while she was down there."

"That was so embarrassing!" admitted Steve as his face reddened. "Some things are beyond my control. I'm not trying... , I mean I won't... , it's just how it is. You have an effect on me. I freely admit that, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to attack you or lose control or anything. I'm not some weird pervert of anything."

"No, Lisa says you're reactions are normal, but well above average," laughed Gwen. "What do you suppose she meant by that?"

There was a tap on the door and Kate's voice could be heard as she stage whispered, "Sis, you're supposed to get back over to our room. None of us are going to be able to sleep as long as we know you're in there with Steve."

The next day was a busy one. Steve and Paula traveled to the police station to make their statements, and then promise that they would return when needed to testify. Gwen, Kate, and Lisa went along for support.

"Those two are going to be spending some time in the hospital," stated the officer taking their statements. "They both require surgery. Not many high school kids can inflict that kind of damage to men as big as those two are. Did you take karate or something?"

"Maybe having a dad in the US Navy Seals might have something to do with it?" suggested Kate. "Those two scumbags attacked my mother. They deserved what they got, and worse!"

After the stint at the police station, the group made its way to the O'Leary residence. Shortly after their arrival, the girls were modeling their dresses. Amber had done an amazing job and the Andersons couldn't stop complimenting each other. Steve was awe-struck.

"Pull that tongue in and go put this tuxedo on, Big Guy!" laughed Amber as she watched Steve's reaction to the sisters' outfits.

It was the girls' turn to be speechless when Steve returned dressed in a tuxedo. Amber had tinted the lapels to go with Gwen's dress. She also had it tailored so the waist was drawn in to accentuate his broad shoulders.

"James Bond has nothing on you!" blurted Lisa when she saw Steve enter the room. "You look like you were born in a tux. Amber, you outdid yourself with Steve's outfit! He looks great."

The ride home was relatively quiet. It had been a long night and no one had slept very well. Lisa didn't have class until Tuesday, so she returned home with her family rather than stay at her dorm. She wanted to be certain that her mother would be okay. Paula had insisted that Steve drive. They had all agreed to not mention the incident to anyone else as it made Paula very uncomfortable to discuss the incident.

"Dad's coming back from Chicago a couple days early," revealed Gwen. "He's really upset about what happened to Mom. He wanted to come back last night, but couldn't get a flight. He'll be home by late tonight. He wants to talk to you before too long, Steve. I think you've made yourself a friend for life. Dad would do anything for Mom and us girls and he's happy that you will, too. He was really choked up when Mom told him what you did to help her."

The week after Thanksgiving was relatively tranquil, until Friday morning when Steve walked into his homeroom. "I was just telling Ms. Walker that I received a phone call from the Lifetime TV network last night. They want to make a TV movie about us. Ms. Walker has a lawyer to do the negotiations, but it could mean over $20,000 for the hospital fund!"

"That sounds great, Gwen! I don't know if it'll be anything like the real situation, but more money for the hospital is our goal. This'll give us a real shot in the arm."

"And then Nick Fallen called me! He's going to play the part of you. He wants to meet me and ask all about the rescue and the dance, and everything. He's such a hunk. He was amazing in "Tears of a Clown". He'll probably be a real big star in a few years and he wants to meet me!" repeated Gwen. "I can hardly wait!"

Suddenly, Steve lost his enthusiasm for Gwen's news. He had seen Nick Fallen in a few movies. He had been a child star at Disney and was in the process of changing his child actor image to that of a leading man. He was tall, dark and handsome. Steve wasn't too keen on Gwen meeting him, but how could he ever tell her? He'd have to admit his insecurities. He couldn't be around Gwen all the time. She was bound to meet guys, especially as beautiful as she was. Her increasing fame would afford her all sorts of opportunities.

That night Steve and Gwen went to a movie and stopped for a late snack with friends. Gwen's cell rang and she excused herself as she walked away from the group.

"If I hear one more word about Nick Fallen, I'm going to vomit," promised Charlotte. "What's gotten into our down-to-earth valedictorian? She's acting like a star struck teen. She's already got a really cool boyfriend and she's carrying on about this Disney dork. How can you put up with it, Steve?"

Before he could answer, Gwen returned to their table in an euphoric mood. "Nick Fallen's coming to Sparta! He's going to stay for a week or so to get the feeling of the town. He wants me to show him around! Can you believe it?"

Charlotte looked at Steve and then shook her head sadly. "Gwen, I'm your friend. You know I love you, but you're making an ass of yourself over this second rate actor. He can't carry Steve's jock strap. He's just another pretty boy that's never done anything worthwhile. He pretends to be a hero. Your boyfriend really is a hero. Can you see the difference? This Nick guy is going to pretend to be Steve? That makes Steve better than him, if you ask me."

"I'm not saying that he's better than Steve. I'm just saying that he's a famous actor and he's going to be a big star. This is pretty cool stuff. I would think that you'd be happy for me, and not jealous," retorted Gwen to her best friend.

"Come on, Billy. We're leaving! There's not enough room here for us and Gwen's swollen head. She sure shouldn't have to hang with the likes of us jealous commoners!" declared Charlotte as she angrily pulled Billy away from the table.

"I wonder what got into her?" mused Gwen. "I guess I'll have to get used to people being jealous of me. Sparta doesn't get very many famous actors to visit, and I'll be seen with one when I show Nick around. I can hardly wait!"

Steve bit his tongue. Gwen chattered all the way home about the places she'd take Nick and the things that she'd show him. It never seemed to occur to her that she was diminishing Steve's importance every time she raved about Nick Fallen.

When they reached her front porch, Steve gave Gwen a quick kiss on the cheek and left as quickly as he could. Gwen was mildly surprised at his quick departure but her mind was too occupied with thoughts of Nick Fallen to dwell on Steve's behavior.

The next day was Saturday. Gwen spent the entire morning telling her parents and Kate about her conversation with Nick Fallen. She made no attempt to curb her excitement and enthusiasm. There was going to be a TV movie about her adventures and Nick Fallen was going to star as her boyfriend.

"Gwen, I've never seen you act this way before," began Paula. "You're becoming obsessed with this actor. He's just a man, not some kind of superhero. He's not even that good an actor. Why are you being so sophomoric?"

"He's a very good actor!" asserted Gwen. "He's been in dozens of TV shows and movies. He's handsome, buff, famous, and talented. I can't wait to meet him and show him around town. People are going to be so jealous!"

"What about Steve? Are you trying to make him jealous? Is that one of your goals? How does he feel about all of this? I thought you were quite proud to be seen around town with him. Isn't he buff, talented and handsome?" asked Paula.

"Of course he is. He's fine with me showing Nick around town. Heck, Nick is playing him in the movie they're starting to film after the first of the year. He's honored to have such a good actor playing his part. The girl playing me is some no-name. Steve is fine with it all," Gwen assured her family.

It had become a habit for Steve to stop in and have dinner with Gwen's family on Saturday evening before he and Gwen went out. Gwen had been on the phone several times with Nick Fallen during the day and was basking in the afterglow of their conversations. As they ate dinner, she was relating some of Nick's questions and observations to Paula, Ted, Kate, and Lisa, who had come home for the weekend.

During dessert, Lisa interrupted Gwen's rambling account of Nick's movie credits with a question. "Have you even noticed that Steve's not here? Does that have any significance for you at all? Is it possible for you to get your head out of your ass for a few minutes?"

"What? Steve's probably running late. Why would you say something like that to me, Lisa? Don't tell me you're jealous about Nick Fallen coming to see me?" teased Gwen.

"Yeah! I'm jealous alright," fumed Lisa. "I'm jealous that you found Steve before I did! I'm jealous that he's so crazy about you! And I'm mad as hell at the crappy way you're treating him! You already have the best boyfriend in the world and you're all goo-goo eyed over some two bit actor! You're going to lose Steve and that makes me sick!

"Look at the table, Gwen! There's no place set for Steve. He called Mom a couple hours ago and told her that he was sorry, but he couldn't make it tonight. You never even noticed! Why didn't he call you? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that it's because you've been running off at the mouth about this Nick Fallen in front of Steve. He's a good guy, but you can't embarrass and demean a man, especially in front of friends. Yeah, Gwen, I'm jealous of what you had, but not of what you are right now!"

"Well, maybe Steve needs to put on his big boy pants!" retorted Gwen. "How many times will I get to meet a famous actor? There's no reason for Steve to get all jealous, or possessive. He doesn't own me!"

"That's your problem. He isn't trying to tell you what to do. He's giving you room to decide for yourself what you want, and you're screwing up big time! You can't treat a guy like dirt, especially a guy like Steve."

"That's the problem! You have the hots for him and it kills you that he's my boyfriend, not yours. You're the beautiful sister that gets all the boys. I'm just a nerd that gets good marks. Now I have a boyfriend you want, and a famous actor wanting to meet me, and you're jealous!" hissed Gwen.

"Gwen, I've admitted that I'm jealous of what you and Steve have. Every girl that knows you two can't help but be envious. That's why I'm trying to keep you from making a huge mistake. If you let go of Steve, he'll be snapped up in a New York minute!"

"That would make you happy, wouldn't it? You can swoop right in and steal him away. You're just waiting for some flimsy reason to go after him. You can't stand playing second fiddle to me. You've always been the pretty one the boys like, and seeing me with Steve hurts your ego!"

"Gwen, I love you. I love how you and Steve are together. I want you to do well and be happy. I'll never be jealous of your success. You're smart and beautiful, but you're making a big mistake here. That's all I'm trying to say. No one can steal Steve away from you. You'll have to drive him away, and raving about this ham actor is probably the best way to do it," replied Lisa as she stomped from the room.

12