All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 05'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
oshawoshawalmost 10 years ago

What a better way on the cusp of the Fourth of July than to have the latest chapter of the All American couple, Gwen and Steve. Thank you HDK.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
Another great chapter...

I'm thoroughly enjoying this story and every chapter just keeps adding to it. Keep up the great work. Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sir i'm a disabled soldier

I read your stories all of them and enjoy every last one of them.i'm not a writer,i like to read great stories.thank you for your time and not any pay.you are a great American.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 10 years ago
Thanks again for another great installment...

Have a great holiday weekend. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ignorance

Are you totally unaware that the rest of the industrialized world, and lots of the third world, have socialized medicine for all of their population? The poor of the Ukraine have far better medical care than the poor of the US. There was even a recent article in the Wall Street Journal about how Rwanda, of all places, has an excellent medical system.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Health care in the Ukraine?

I have been called ignorant for thinking health care was a problem in the Ukraine. I may well be ignorant, but not in my opinion that children in the Ukraine could certainly use better health care. Who among us will believe that health care is adequate or better, in the Ukraine? The anonymous commenter is either uninformed or indoctrinated. See the following from a simple Google search.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ukraine became independent from the USSR in 1991. Post-Soviet Ukraine underwent a painful process of economic restructuring that was accompanied by social instability and drastically reduced living standards for large parts of the population, especially pensioners, disabled people and other vulnerable groups, leading to further worsening of population health. This increased need for health care took place against the background of reduced ability of the health care system to respond adequately. ( https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20121218052352-15345987-healthcare-in-ukraine-interview-with-a-citizen )

( http://www.unicef.org/ukraine/media_13548.html ) The level of poverty in the families with children exceeded 25% and in the families with many children ā€“ almost 80% in our country. The low capacity of the health care system does not allow addressing new emerging challenges and risks young people are facing today in Ukraine.

( http://www.humanium.org/en/ukraine/ ) In theory, health services are free in Ukraine. In practice, however, they are not. The cost is high and the services themselves are not sufficiently accessible. Consequently, not all children receive the care they need.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years agoAuthor
I apologize to those that realize

that the statement made by anonymous that "The poor of the Ukraine have far better medical care than the poor of the US" is simply not believable. Google health care in the Ukraine. While I am not a great humanitarian, I know better than to believe the statement made by anonymous. Does anyone know of, or see on TV, the quality of health care offered to the poor, and even illegal aliens in the US? Anonymous tells us that poor kids receive better health care in The Ukraine? You don't need Google to know that's ridiculous.

( http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/ukraine-kids-risk-low-vaccination-rates ) "A combination of suspicion, funding problems, alleged corruption and inefficiency leave Ukraine with the lowest vaccination rate of the 15 former republics of the Soviet Union, even though it is one of the best developed ā€” and the rate has fallen sharply in recent years. ."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
HDK and others

I was in London last fall and guess what the headlines were there? The mortality rate in UK hospitals was (GASP) 40% higher than in the US. And they were incensed that it had fallen to such levels. But, the real point is that while there is a steady drumbeat about our "poor" health care so that we can have "free" healthcare, the data does not support such a dour point of view. HDK has this right.

Oh and just for grins, try to remember this is a fictional story, an alternate universe perhaps, but mostly it is supposed to be a fun read. HDK has delivered that and more. Thanks HDK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Opinions

While there are those of us who exercise those opinions that we have there are others that rarely offer and some offer no opinions at all. I think this is an outstanding and awesome story of young people doing something positive. We see enough negativity about young people everyday. To pick apart issues like health care has me asking the question, what's being done to make it better here? HDK this story is something serious.

Thank you for what written and what your going to write. Gwen & Steve are an awesome pair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Another great chapter

I wait impatiently for each new chapter of your Lady in Red series. It is nice to imagine we could have a group of young people that 'could' change the world for the better in such a fantastic way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Over the top

This series is certainly " over the top " but I don't care. I'm a sucker for uplifting stories since the media seem obsessed with highlighting all that is bad in society.

So for those realists who may criticize, too bad. I loved it.

Just try to speed up the next episodes.

gv1horsegv1horsealmost 10 years ago
Health care in the U.S.

There is no question that we have children here that do not get proper food and healthcare, however with all of the government programs available in this country I would find it very hard to believe that a country like the Ukraine could possibly have better healthcare for its poor. I have listened for years to people talking about socialized medicine and how a number of countries have it. We essentially have socialized medicine in our VA medical system, and we ave all been hearing and reading about how poorly it has been working. The simple fact is they do not have enough facilities or Doctors.I was in the military and qualified for health care. I attended a VA clinic up near Syracuse NY and for six years it was my only healthcare and never saw a regular doctor only nurse practitioners. As a result I have now had a stroke and I have kidney disease with kidneys working at 36%.. The only things I continually hear about socialized medicine is how long people have to wait to be seen. There has been nothing written that I have seen that would entice me to move to one of these countries with this allegedly better health care system.

I like this story and the humanitarian things that occur. Please keep writing about my favorite singers and band. My guess is that it will probably be 2 weeks before we can read the next chapter but I am looking forward to it, by the way I am glad that Paula and Ted did not get in the hot tub.

retread2retread2almost 10 years ago
Enjoyable, over the top? May be but still enjoyable!

I find the hot tub meeting a bit extreme, but it is a fictional world.

More soon please.

dmg43dmg43almost 10 years ago
Be nice

if you would WRITE FASTER!

I like this story a LOT!

It shows in many ways what a LOT of people in this country would like to see happen in the world.

Young people making a REAL difference by helping others without regard for personal gain.

In many ways this is a very uplifting story of unselfish people with very strong moral character & beliefs, a true love of country & a love of helping the less fortunate in the world by using a COMMON SENSE approach. (it also helps that they are incredibly rich)

It also hints at the narrow minded political beliefs that some in power hold.

WRITE FASTER PLEASE!!!!

l0adi3l0adi3over 9 years ago
Damn It!

I have spent the last two days reading this story and now I have to wait for the next chapter. I like the way you are using most of the elements of the classic "Hero" stories. I was also happy with the "flash back" beginning of the first chapter in book two since I was a little concerned with the synopsis of that chapter. I was afraid that things might not be working out the way the previous book had lead me to believe.

I hope that your ideas and your character continue to lead you in this direction and that nothing too bad has to happen. I also hope that you don't run out of ideas. If your characters remain true to themselves then I am sure that I will enjoy and highly rate the next chapter.

I assume that book two will be all about the four years between the end of book one and the beginning of book two. Hopefully by the time you have covered those four years you have decided to what to do about Gwen and Charolette becoming doctors and what to do with Steve's SEAL career.

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
completely over dramatic and over the top!

I love it!!! Lol!!!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I'm loving the new story device

a story within a story.

It does make keeping the timeline in sequence a bit difficult for those of us who are getting on in years, but entertaining none the less.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Oh, my goodness!

Suspension of belief just gets more and more difficult the more absurd the story gets. (I guess that's why I continue reading it--for amusement.) By the way, it's "Ukraine" not "the Ukraine."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Howcome

How come we never meet any of Charlie's band.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kiev Independence Square

Having visited Kiev during the Independence Day celebrations, and stayed just off the Maidan (Independence Square), it would be very difficult to fit 150,000 people, as it is not that big, even accounting for the street and open mall across the street. At a rough estimate, you could maybe fit 20-30,000 if they were packed in like sardines, with the stage set up on the top of the steps by the monument itself.

Other than that, I love the series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why

Why would the hospital page Laura when she is off duty?.How come Qwen got to the hospital before her family in their cars,the new hospital is located out of town.? where are the Patterson's staying?,like Naomi and Jarred they keep popping up but never reveal where they are staying.?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Howcome

How come we never hear anything about or meet Ted's parents.?

WTFOWTFOalmost 4 years ago

This is what happens when you vomit words on a screen. Garbage storytelling at its finest. Iā€™d give the entire series -10 stars if possible. Take his keyboard away for the good of the planet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I love

Idiot comments. ...STOP READING. !!!

missouridocmissouridocabout 3 years ago
To WTFO

If you would give this story a -10, Why are you reading it? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. If you don't like it, don't read it! WHAT A MORON!!!!!! Personally, I'm enjoying the story, and will continue reading it. George dickherber

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Amazing story, just enjoying it so much

5/5

Rapier875Rapier87512 months ago

This has to be made into film !

Indiana Jones doesn't come close to this rip-roaring, Boys Own, adventure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7097 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES