All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 08'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Another great chapter with more excitement on the way. Thank you for sharing such a terrific story with us.

oshawoshawover 9 years ago
I saw what you did there.

"I keep telling Charlie that all he has to do is act naturally." Five big Ringo Starrs for the Buck Owens/Beatles shoutout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks HDK for another great chapter in this series.

Love the quick turn around on recent chapters especially with the cliff-hangers you keep throwing at us.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Apologies for posting as Anonymous...

C

dozendozenover 9 years ago
Keep them coming...

as fast as you can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Superdude

I enjoyed this story, as most others did, but you kept leaving out important parts...

Like when Steve Austin... oops, I mean Steve Hammer, slips unnoticed into the phone booth to take his clothes off, and steps out to pose a second in his tacky red underwear he wears over his blue leotards, then shouts, "Shazzzzam, Hi-yo, Silver, Up-up-and-away!!! Whereupon, he casually leaps over three or four tall buildings before flying off to rescue Lois.... oops, I mean Gwen, from Lex Luther, the Joker, Penguin, and three or four other nefarious bad men. Then he grabs Lois... oops, I mean Gwen, tucks her under his arm and flys back to his Bat-Cave to ravish her, before jumping in his Batmobile and going back out to save the planet from an asteroid, or something. Only in a comic book could the heroes get into so many life-threatening situations. It was fun, though...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Huh

The Writing is getting better. Still hate having characters dialogue contain rehashing what the reader already knows. It doesn't just happen once or twice. It's rather pointless

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
" . . . leaving Kate and Gwen holding each other as they waved to their men."

perhaps Ashley should have been that group hug with them? Mark might not be going off to a SEAL mission but he is leaving her behind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More

More flaws,Qwen's mind goes back five years when they stop at the shopping centre,to her first year at Stanford,yet five years later she is still there.How long does it take to become a doctor.Also at twenty two Kate is going to school to be an accountant,why not four years earlier?.

Wildone101Wildone101about 4 years ago
Really anon?

You complain about every chapter, why keep reading? Does the G key not work on your keyboard? Her name is Gwen, not Qwen. To answer your question, in the US it takes 10 years to become a doctor, 4 years premed, 4 years med school, 2 years residency. It's pretty simple to look it up yourself instead of bitching about it every chapter.

Do you have basic reading comprehension? Kate is going to school to become a lawyer, not an accountant. When she mentioned going to school it was during a flashback to when she was 18 and Gwen was 21. I know it's hard for you to dig your head out of your ass and pay attention, but either try or just find another story that you like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This is my third time reading this story and enjoying it even more than the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

I am amazed at the ignorance and/or stupity in so many comments. Does no one comprehend what they read anymore? Great storyline, 2nd read, keep writing you have real talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Van Wyck estate.

I would think that a big estate of that many acres would have at least one big Victorian house on it and several other smaller ones, unless there had been a big fire or had been neglected for enough years for it to rot and decay.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

I meant to say this previously. The name of the band should be Wild Stallions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

300 acres is pretty small for a dozen or more big houses with pools, a lake an airstrip and a big hall with room for 4 wheelers a heliport and a security barrier. ( fence plus buffer zones inside and outside ) not a major plot fail but it shows city thinking. ( my back yard growing up was 5 1/2 square miles, 3500 acres ... more or less.

Fgreen79029Fgreen79029over 1 year ago

Y'all just quit her nay sayin'! "Bitch" and "moan" are the words that characterize the tiny segment of comments I've read before deciding to pen my own. I certainly agree with the fellow that 300 acres for Asgaard is too small with all of THOSE features. That would be a good size for a lake, as opposed to a pond. My backyard may not be 5 1/2 sq miles, but here in the Texas Panhandle we like some elbow room. Shoot, I get claustrophobic now when I can't see the horizon! This is at least the 3rd read for me. I have decided that there's too much repetition of 'look at everything we've done', but that's to be expected in a novel length read, separated into a serial format. You want the reader to have enough background to follow the story, but can't count on them having read ALL of the previous chapters. I just greatly desire to watch those fictional movies, especially the Sparta trilogy!

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtover 1 year ago

First of all, this is not a complaint, just an observation related to continuity:

If I'm following the timeline correctly, this chapter takes place during the Memorial Day weekend following Steve's return from Columbia. He arrived on Friday and had his wounds treated temporarily so that he could leave the hospital and participate in the concert that evening. I saw no mention of him returning to the hospital for the follow-up treatment that was mentioned he would require. The chapter ends with him being recalled to active duty while still needing medical treatment.

Rapier875Rapier87512 months ago

The number of people picking apart a work of fiction is unbelievable.

What part of 'this isn't real' do people not understand ?

Just go with the flow for heavens sake !

RsHmarRsHmar6 months ago

So no more uncle Joe i see...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7124 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories