Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Half an hour later, she was gathered with the other parents as they were briefed by law enforcement officials. It was an extremely frustrating time for Senator Chatham and the others as they were pretty much told that the bus had simply disappeared. An APB had been issued. Several police choppers joined in the search for the bus, as well as the FBI and Homeland Security.

"We need to verify the passenger list given to us by the school. We're trying to determine if there may have been an accident, a hijacking, or if they simply broke down in an area with no cell service. That is a real possibility in the hilly areas of Pennsylvania," stated a female FBI agent.

"I need to verify the passenger list. As I read the name, I'd like the parent or guardian to acknowledge that that child was on that bus to the best of their knowledge."

Senator Chatham's daughter was the third child named and she quickly stated her daughter was on the bus. Once the children were identified, the names of four chaperones and the two guards were read to the group. Relatives of three chaperones and the two security guards verified that they were on the bus to the best of their knowledge.

"Does anyone know this Steve Smith?" demanded he agent when no one from the school indicated that they had any idea who he was.

Everyone was looking around at each other wondering if the unknown man might have had a hand in the disappearance of the bus. Senator Chatham was reluctant to divulge Steve's identity, fearing if there was a problem with some kind of criminal element, knowledge of who he was could place him in greater danger. She mentally wrestled with the dilemma for a full minute as the FBI agent once again asked if anyone knew who Steve Smith was and could they vouch for him.

"Yes!" called Senator Chatham finally as everyone turned their attention to her. "I know who he is and I can absolutely vouch for him. He went on the trip as a favor to me when the school called and asked if I could supply a chaperone to replace one that was unable to attend."

"We'll need some ID, like his social or something so we can vet him out," stated the FBI agent. "Steve Smith is an extremely common name. Can you tell us anything about him, maybe a photograph or something that'll help us determine whether it's likely that he's involved in any illegal activity today. No offense Senator, but we need to know exactly who and what we have on that bus. If you vouch for him, he's most likely an upstanding citizen, but we need to make certain.

"Our people are going over every name and running all sorts of security checks on them. Can you tell us anything else about Mr. Steve Smith to help us get a handle on him?" prodded the agent.

"Yes, his real name in US Navy Lieutenant Steven Hammer. He's my attaché, or aide. His photograph is all over the internet and print media. His fingerprints are on record with the Department of Defense," responded Senator Chatham.

"Are you trying to tell me that the Steve Hammer is on that bus?" asked the stunned woman.

"To be perfectly clear, I am telling you that Lieutenant Steve Hammer, the same Steve Hammer that survived a near beheading by terrorists in Iraq, two terrorist attacks in his high school, a terrorist attack in Paris, and most recently saved the life of the leader of South Korea not too long after killing five Chechen terrorists in hand to hand combat to save the life of the Russian president's son is on that bus. I for one am damned glad that he is! I find a great deal of solace in knowing that young man is watching over our children, regardless of the situation they may be in. He won't fuck around with terrorists, or anyone else that tries to hurt those kids, pardon my French!

"If someone has taken those girls and plans them harm, you can expect bodies of bad guys to start showing up before long," insisted Senator Chatham. "There is no man I'd rather have with our children at this moment than Steve Hammer. He's been trained by the U.S. Navy SEALS. He'll see this through and take care of our kids. I'm sure of it."