All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 24'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Epic

The end of a great piece of fiction. HDK is a legend and writing like this is why. Thank you for allowing me to live in this world you created for a while. It's been a hell of a ride. You made me laugh and cry and I'm grateful. I hope you do give us book three. I'll be waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Actually, excellent,epic, and most other adjectives are not adequate. An amazing story, told with great flair. HDK you have a wonderful imagination and an entertaining writing style. This journey has been a blast and it has lasted 3 YEARS!!! So far.

I will anxiously await Chapter 3, but understand the need to recharge.

All I can really say is THANK YOU.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
One of a kind!

This series has been a winner in every way that is important...entertaining and best of all...intoxicating!!!! I feel like I know the characters personally!!! Now I will be looking forward with great anticipation for what you grace us with next. There is also much potential left in this one! Thank you for sharing your imagination and talent!

oshawoshawalmost 8 years ago

Dammit, Now I have to go back and reread Book One And Two all over again. Congratulations for finishing this series on such a high note and thank you for your genius for writing two series of such amazing caliber.

oshaw

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 8 years ago
Can't wait for Book 3........Please don't make us wait too long....

There have been some great stories and series on Literotica but this is without a doubt the very best of the best. Please keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another Great Chapter

I sign on to Literotica every morning looking to see if you have posted another chapter. Thank you for sharing! !!!! I look forward to the next series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Job

I have followed you thru both books and have enjoyed them greatly. Please continue

with book 3 and give your readers a chance to enjoy the writing and imagination. Thank you for the first two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thanks for a Great story a good read and I hope part 3 Keeps it going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Always fun

Always fun to follow the family and friends of the great Steve Hammer fantasy for sure but very well done.

openeyes2openeyes2almost 8 years ago
Nice conclusion

Nice conclusion to the two parts of the story. Very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
thnak you for a beautiful love story

it has been my pleasure to read your work. I relate to a great love story as I had mine for 56 years before I lost her, and that didnt count the 4 yers of high school she had to finish first. I was not any of the things steve was except the love I had for her and what I would do if needed. so I enjoy and cry with your stories and say thank you

tompo296tompo296almost 8 years ago
Thank you

I look forward to Book 3 Thnk for your stories so far. i await with baited breath.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So enjoyable

This has been an adventure story like no other. Immensely appealing characters, action, personal integrity and a riveting story line that never slackened, all combined to provide countless hours of enjoyment for those of us lucky to have found your story. Thank you - and dare I ask , when do we see Book 3?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Damn...I love your work!

Apologies, but no other word seemed appropriate to indicate my level of appreciation.

I am in awe of your work, appreciate the fact you post for free on Lit and that we can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

As everyone else has and will say, thank you!

Apologies for the anonoymous post.

C

Sniper014Sniper014almost 8 years ago
Great and loving ending

HDK great ending to your lovely and touching story. Loved the ending where the fortune teller told Gwen that she was pregnant with the future warrior king and that he will out do his father's exploits.

Also nice way to leave the future fuzzy for them all. Great leadin to the next book. Is it going to be about the mothers of the girls with the story leading up to the future warrior king and his unknowns queen.

Will be looking forward to the next story. Take your time and regenerate. Just don't leave us waiting to long (Ha ha).

Keep up the great writing. Will now go back to reading all your stories over again until book 3 comes out.

Bye for now.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 8 years ago
Can't wait

for Book 3. Sorry to see this one end. And, yes, you most definitely have achieved what you set out to do. If only.........

ManofMithgarManofMithgaralmost 8 years ago
Thank you

Another great chapter and a very good ending to book 2. Thank you for continuing this story into a book 3. These are great characters and the great karma that they exude is inspiring.

chip812chip812almost 8 years ago
Ya!

Book 3! Woo! Hoo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
book 3

you said that you would like feedback regarding a book 3. it goes without saying that it is a very good idea. please continue . your last chapter was one of your best yet. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Do as you need to!

Don't be afraid to take your time to do the job right. I have waited over 3 years for author David Weber to finish his next novel in the Honor Harrington series.

dozendozenalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

I have enjoyed everything so far in this series. I look forward to reading Book 3.

StormtouchedStormtouchedalmost 8 years ago
The Queen and her warrior king

Such an uplifting story. It is well worth the 3rd read IV just finished so thank-you and keep writing. PS can you put your books on Amazon for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

This has been a great story, look forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful!

I have read all the books several times, and it is a wonderful story. You have given me many hours of enjoyment. I can hardly wait for another book, but I like everyone else must. Thank You... OldMarineVet- Ron Wood

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thanks

I enjoy this story sooo much. Always checking for new posts. Look forward to book 3. Stay safe & healthy so you can continue to write this amazing saga. Thank you for sharing your vision

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding story

I can't wait for book 3.

We all know that Steve and Gwen remember their friends. I'm sure that Amber O'Leary Hunter designed and made Gwen's one of a kind wedding gown, did she not?

Rest and recharge then knock our socks off!

myassisdraginmyassisdraginalmost 8 years ago
SPELL BINDING STORY

Lady In Red has been an azing read. The agonizing wait between chapters has been worth it though. When book 3 is posted I'm sure it will be just as "magnetic" as previous parts were. I, and probably the rest of the world, will (I'm)patiently wait until you have everything ready to your satisfaction to post.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Myassisdraggin

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

unputdownable reading.

sometimes you finish a great event very quickly.

I.e. this chapter alone should have been in two parts ( Of 8 pages each).

But then the story line is so great that every time I finish a chapter I go back to re read it.

Eagerly awaiting you next Book of this saga - make it long and action filled.

niestarniestaralmost 8 years ago
Best ever

This is the greatest, fabulous, well written sequel I have ever read in this site.Thank you for sharing...... Waiting for the third book.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

I have completely enjoyed reading your books. I look forward to reading future book of these characters.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Just read this again...and it is even better the second time around!!!!!

This story...to put it simply...is my favorite of all!!! It has everything...suspense, love, passion, strength, cliff-hangers, heroes and heroines, villains, majesty, fantasy, danger, sadness, excitement, rewards, respect, pride, all the good things we strive for, an opportunity to feel good about ourselves...and especially top notch entertainment. Now...the anticipation of where you may go with this into the future!!! Thank you in advance for what is yet to come!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
GREAT

I don't know how you do it but I'm looking daily if another chapter is published. I just love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellence

Simply, two of the best stories I have ever read. Joys to read and thus, #3 is hard to wait for. Please, we await!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A bit better than the first book

But I would still cut out a lot of unnecessary dialogue... It's plain to see that every other conversation is praise from a different character about the same event. I've read both books in its entirety(skimming the conversations that add nothing to the story). I commend you on your efforts but this story could have been greatly condensed without losing its appeal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what ever happened?

I wonder what ever became of Dave Kite the youtube kid from HS or Tyler those characters just disappeared.

TabuDesiresTabuDesiresover 7 years ago
Magnificent

As Tine Turner once sang "Simply the best, better than all the rest"

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years agoAuthor
In response to a few who asked, I hope to begin posting book 3 by October.

I'll give you a preview of the beginning of Book 3, chapter 1:

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Those gathered in the great room in Valhalla remained silent as the full impact of the oath was absorbed. President Crawford had died within two days of suffering a massive stroke. Chief Justice Hamilton, upon being informed that the transfer of power was imminent, had immediately traveled to Sparta. He had grown to consider Steve and Gwen Hammer personal friends. He and his wife both felt strongly that it was only fitting that he be the one to administer the oath of office.

Immediately following the oath, and surrounded by family and their very good friends, Gwen and Steve held a very brief, whispered conversation. Gwen had her hands on Steve’s chest as he held her close. Her face was turned up to his as he leaned in to hear her hushed tones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved the series

Great series but one thing puzzles me. Two characters in the series completed their

education in the service but Steve did not. We have very little information about his personal interests. All the other characters went to college and forged careers. Where does Steve fit in.

StevenD7x4StevenD7x4over 7 years ago
Ahhh - Book 3 is definitely going to take us up to another plateau

Your teaser is... PERFECT! In the back of my mind from nearly the very beginning of your fine story, I have `wondered' about their future. And here it comes. What crisis will they face individually and together? What will their friends (and definitely, their Enemies!) do? How will the nation and the world react to individuals with such Integrity, Honesty, and Leadership?

I am sure you will handle Book 3 in a manner to answer these and/or many other questions. I just hope it starts as an early Christmas Present and not a belated Valentines Day gift box.

A Loyal Fan!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Checking back in for Book 3...

Just checked back in and found the teaser and even better an approximate date of October!!!

HDK, thank you seems so insignificant for what you have given and will give us, your loyal readers and fans.

Cannot wait for the start of Book 3.

C

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 7 years ago
Counting the days till Book Three....

I know it will be great.....thanks for continuing the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Outstanding can't wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LEGEND

This series is the greatest thing on Literotica. No hyperbole. Though its not a stroke in anyway, and really not explicit either, the imagination and persistence to continue with something this size is impressive and I'm eagerly awaiting Book 3. HDK is a Literotica legend in my book.

BlackWolfDraBlackWolfDraover 7 years ago
............ it's OCTOBER!

New month where's our story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding story!

This is a storybook story that is needed in this time, I wait patiently for you to have time to continue it! Thank you.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

No update on book 3 ??????

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
STILL NO BOOK 3!!!!!

I have been in and out looking for the update, and I still Haven't found it here :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing this epic tale with us. I just finished my 2nd read-thru, and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the first chapters of Book 3.

At the same time, I am patient, and I would much rather wait for such a high-quality yarn to be continued at the same level, rathe than reading something that had been hammered out in a rush!

I hope that you are enjoying writing the new book as much as we all have enjoyed reading the last two. Best regards, and we'll be waiting patiently...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

I love your series, I can't wait for your next installation!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
an end leading to another beginning

There are so many characters who have made a brief but impactful appearance in this story to never be heard of again. Following even one of those threads could be another full series.

Contracts to play football have been signed but after the experience on the hospital ship any action on the gridiron will seem like peewee league. I am struggling to figure out how Steve in the NFL can complement LiR.

Music for the recuperative dance at the reception could have been I Could Have Danced All Night from South Pacific.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing!

HDK,

For some reason I have been putting off reading this story. I'm not sure why because I love everything that you have written. I was not disappointed, I couldn't stop reading. Thank You so much for sharing your gift of writing, I am really looking forward to the third chapter and anything else that you share.

JMH1961

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 7 years ago
Great story and cliff hanger

An enjoyable reading time with a great cliff hanger ending! Of course you want to leave your readers wanting more - you succeeded!

Seriously and sadly, I would wish those in Washington had just some of the qualities of Gwen and Steve. From my perspective I see very little of any quality of either party of those who are supposed to represent we the people in congress! Mostly I see the bad to worse qualities of the American people, rather sad look at what supposed power does to most people in Washington. Maybe most were like it prior to being voted into office! End soapbox rant!

Thank you for sharing - you've got a real winner story and characters you have created!

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Moving and Amazing

HDK, throughout both books, I have laughed, cried, rooted for the Warriors. Very emotional. As an aside, I wish those politicos in Washington took the time to be as honorable as Gwen is depicted. It would be much better for our nation. Also writing for about the humanitarian endeavors for children's and veterans' health. This story covers so much and is well written. Looking forward to book three. Maybe book 4 is about Steve and Gwen's son who will be an even greater warrior and the Decision!

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Excellent!

Thank you for this epic love story. Beautifully told, over the top greatness. I literally laughed and cried at various points. I love getting all the feels, even if it's from fictional characters. A testament to your abilities as a writer.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
A winner!

Congratulations to HDK for winning "Best Novel." It was a long time coming and no one deserves it more, my friend. I'm very proud of you. Randi.

vaccvaccover 6 years ago
An excellent story!

This really has been a great story. As usual, there are a few nits that could be picked but since they'really just nits, why bother? It'seems difficult to imagine the time and effort that have gone into creating this story and the world in which it takes place. I can't wait to start Book Three.

There's only one thing that nags at me a little and it'seems just a question: what happened to the O'Leary? With the character development and integration into the main story line that took place in Book One, I thought that they would be part of the constellation of characters surrounding Gwen and Steve. What happened to the Governor after his term expired? What about Amber and Brad? Why didn't Brad accompany Jason, Steve and the other men on their various adventures? Will we see them again?

One more thing: how about some prequels fleshing out the stories of the various parents coming of age -- especially Steve's and Gwen's?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I can't even say how much I have enjoyed this

I could lose myself in the story and when I came back, I always felt good. Looking forward to more. Thank You

xtremeddxtremeddover 6 years ago
Definitely an award winning chapter !!

Thank for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Still Fantastic

Was waiting for the latest chapter and decided to start over. This story is like a Crack addiction for me but not as expensive. Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Thanks for the note at the end of the last chapter HDK

Helps me to understand what you were trying to do. I still have difficulty relating to any of the characters, but I think Part 2 is somehow more readable than Part 1 was. As others have already commented, fabulous writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your stories with us, very enjoyable. I love how everything is over the top and just keeps on coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great series.

I have to complement you on a fantastic story series. I have been really so riveted I could stop reading. I'm looking forward to part 3.

Your characters are fantastic and all contribute to moving your story along.

I will be reading more of your other stories.

Thanks for the entertainment.

rapperbsrapperbsover 5 years ago
Fantastic series!

Thank you Harddaysknight for writing. I have been binge reading these chapters and thoroughly enjoyed them. It was well written, some parts were a stretch, but did not decrease my enjoyment of this series.

Some people have no clue as to the time and effort required to write one story, much less a small book like this. Thanks again and I look forward to reading Pt. 03

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why

Why wasn't it pointed out to Hardy that Qwen saved his life?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Repeat offender

3rd maybe 4th time through. Great escape story. Thanks

Hale1Hale1about 5 years ago
You Succeeded

While I couldn't believe it all, as I'm sure was expected, I enjoyed it tremendously, again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

Thanks, HDK, for a wonderful superhero fantasy yarn. Much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stupid.

How did Cheryl who was left on the hospital ship,video the men arriving back in Sparta?.Once again the author wastes hundreds of words on the females bodies,but couldn't find a word for Jason and Lisa's wedding,nor the death and funeral of Uncle Joe.As for the ending even in this work of fiction it is the must stupid of endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Best story I've read since the late great Tom Clancy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2nd story, 2nd time around

Great,great,great.....now for story 3, 2nd time around. Question: why do the petty critics keep reading? Just asking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Forth time around reading this for me, just as enjoyable as the first time. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What

What a load of crap.Why were Brad and Amber Hunter not at the wedding.How could Sam get into the LiR to dance with Steve it was invitation only.When Amber interviewed them after the pirate battle,she referred to Qwen starting at Stanford eight years earlier,eight years training to become a doctor ,get real. The crone could forsee what their soon would achieve years into the future ,but could not tell what Qwens decision would be when Steve's advice doesn't follow logic,again get real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a great Story

Second time reading and still holds my interest. It’s too bad that some of the comments are so idiotic it’s almost funny. Its to bad they can’t just read and enjoy, it is all fictional so who cares that it may not read they way they like no one should care. Keep the story coming hope to read the next chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really enjoyed it

Great storyline and imaginative thinking.. looking forward to the next release

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
Just finished reading up to this point for the umpteenth time and it is as good or better than ever!

Cannot get enough of this series and look forward again to read on through all of pt. 3.

SawbSawbover 3 years ago
Awesome

I have read this story three or four times. It gets better each time.

russ603russ603about 3 years ago
Great Story

For all the "nay-sayers" out there - get over it! It is a work of fiction and as such, it is up to the author to create his world. Some errors in phrase usage are there, but overall it is very readable. Phrases such as "per se" (NOT per say) are confusing at times and make me believe that the author (or editor?) is not a native English speaker. Minor points though!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years agoAuthor

Per se? You don't say? How you can suggest that the author of this action/romance is not a native English speaker is beyond me. Who, other than a born American boy, could be so over the top in praise of this great nation. Speaking English is not the same as writing it. I made a few mistakes and they embarrass me at times, but please do not think I am not an English speaking American. Thanks for the comment, Russ and for keeping me humble. I do appreciate all comments and votes.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

This story is the Best of the Best. I could not put down the first two books. THANK YOU for sharing your special talent.

I love to read and have found typos, grammatical errors and a weird turn of phrase from all sorts of writers. But they still created a world and characters that I could embrace and come to care about.

I look forward to book 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LiR = OTT

its not well written, lots of ( minor ) errors en extreemly Over The Top

but its a long time ago I had so much fun reading a story ;-)

HDK : thank you for sharing !

now on with part 3 of this SAGA

YES !!! SPARTAN NATION !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is exciting and enjoyable story.

Similar to the 'Shepard's Crook' series, plus

The flavor of a 'Jack Ryan' action hero by Tom Clancy.

Bigger than life like 'Forrest Gump!

The 'Romance Comedy' and erotic aspects are tasteful and direct.

A talented imaginative author. ( Thank you, Sirrah.)

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Great series! Looking forward to next series! Thank-you

PatrickThomasPatrickThomasalmost 2 years ago

Hi,

Just read this for the 3rd time. Thanks so much.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

UNFREAKING believable. I loved every single part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please send Jennifer or Selma to my house . They are 2 beautiful ladies

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Just WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two big a gap from book 2 to 3. Needed more fleshing out

joeoggijoeoggiabout 1 year ago

Haven’t been able to put it down. And I keep wondering why not. It’s way over the top but immensely readable and certainly engaging. Congratulations HDK. On to part three!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. If I had any complaint, it would be too frequent repetition of events. One in particular us Beatrice Patterson. It's the difference between a 99 and a100. Despite this, I've great enjoyed both books!

Rapier875Rapier87511 months ago

Your sure know how to write a compelling, gripping, rip-roaring, tear jerking, story alright !

I cannot wait to see what you dream up for Part 3.

Well worth 10 Stars if not more - a lot, lot more !

Rapier

missouridocmissouridoc7 months ago

I've reread all 3 books many times! It's a very enjoyable read. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing it.

BaldsantaBaldsanta2 months ago

I have to admit I normally don’t read such stories as this. But i was curious and i couldnt stop.reading. I cant tell you how many times i cried and laughed. Truly an incredible story. You should be proud.

Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7117 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories