All Comments on 'Laundromat'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 14 years ago
This was really good!

Magmaman has become a very good storyteller. His stories have the ring of truth and clearly show the struggles emotionally and financially of a single man over sixty. As a reader, I look forward to the brief glimpses into his world.

AmyfriendAmyfriendover 14 years ago
Nice story...

and comes across as very real. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story

You are not the first and won't be the last. Very real lesson for sugar daddy's.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
Excellent story

Writing excellent also. You have become a story teller in the finest way -- not always, but more so with each story.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
As Always

an excellent story. Being old I can really feel for the hero though I think that DD gave value for the money! Why he put her name on everything is beyond me, unless he decided to play the game to the end.

hangeronhangeronover 14 years ago
another old fool

But that was when i was younger,have wised up just a little since.

Knew the ending as soon as you mentioned putting her name on things.

Nice read though

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I stoped at the beging.

When You start a story don't go using Bush or Clinton in it. That turns me off and I did not want to read anymore of it so I stop. When You learn how to do a better Job I will read it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 14 years ago
Could of been great

No character developmet of the older guy. well almost none. The issue I have is that this guy seems to be fairly wise.

<br></br>

For him to just blindly assume that this much younger woman wanted him forever and never express ANY doubt -- Just doesnt work.

<br></br>

ok the first kiss and sexual contact... I get that. Girl was desperate and grateful. To sign over his Bank account to her without ever wondering about her ?

<br></br>

Nah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
being taken, ageless

denise would have stolen from a younger man with money, and equal opportunity thief

oldauthoroldauthoralmost 11 years ago
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, MGM! Your attention to detail without being verbose makes your stories flow and this one was no exception. I particularly liked your character's commentary about the present state of the economy and the suffering that has been felt by so many. While letting the reader experience the disappointment and futility felt by countless souls, you were still able to inject some humor and satire into the story. Please keep up the excellent work!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 11 years ago
Ouch !

She had to take it all ? I hate these endings but can't deny this is grounded in reality. As skilled as MGM is as an author, I was hoping for a twist on the ' cleaned the sucker out ' theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SILLY OLD FART

SHOULD HAVE REALISED HE WAS GOING TO GET STUNG...NO SYMPATHY FOR HIM AT ALL

litereader54litereader54over 8 years ago
Great Story...sort of

You write well. Story was GREAT right up until it started to go to shit for Danny.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Many of us old folks could be had to some extent. I'd never hand over signature authority though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...