Laura's Indiscretion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's probably for the best," he said as easily as though she had called to cancel plans to walk in the park due to rain. "I could tell you weren't ready to divorce him. I'll see you at the coffee shop, ok?" and she silently wondered if he already had another girl waiting and reasoned he probably did. With his soulful gaze and pouty lips, he would have another girl waiting until he was in his 50's.

After hanging up, she cried a little, then realized she was better off. She would work things out with Bryson and while she would miss Jeremy a little, ending the relationship with him was more like tearing off a band-aid. It hurt for a few minutes, but then it was over. With Bryson, not having him around would be like having a bomb go off.

About a week went by, and everything was quiet. She went to the grocery store, cooked dinner, went to the gym and the spa, and saw her friends like she normally did before she had her secret rendezvous with Jeremy. She kept her hair appointments, and had dinner with Bryson and the kids.

Outside of dinner though, Bryson didn't speak to her. He would talk some to the kids, but to her, there was nothing but iciness. She would try to text him every now and then, to defrost him, but it didn't work. He didn't respond.

In some ways, Laura didn't think it was so bad having her husband act distant and cold. At least he wasn't yelling at her. He didn't seem to care if she did the laundry, or if anything was out of place. If the kids made a mess, he never mentioned it. He didn't care about dishes in the sink or if things were put away, or even if he found mud tracked into the house. He stayed quiet, though she had redoubled her efforts to keep the house to his liking.

She reasoned she could go on like this for a long time simply living alongside him. Maybe he felt the same as she did? That the kids were better off having two parents and that stony silence was preferable to divorce. Better still, maybe her indiscretion would blow over and they could go back to how things used to be. Before he got so stressed.

As she was just settling into the new routine of having Bryson barely speak to her, she heard a knock at the door. She wasn't expecting anyone, so she assumed Bryson had ordered a package and it was the Amazon guy. The knock persisted though, so she went to answer it.

"Laura Drake?" the man said.

"Yes?" she answered.

"I'm here to serve you papers, please sign here."

"What?" she said, "What's this about?"

He indicated she should sign and she did so automatically, and said, stunned "I didn't know anything about this."

"Oh, you didn't? Well, sorry about that." he said, though she doubted he really cared in the slightest and turned to go back down the grand steps that lead up to the enormous entrance way.

She called Bryson immediately, and to her surprise, he picked up. "What the fuck, you asshole? You had me served with papers?" she screamed into the phone. "We didn't even talk about it."

"There is nothing to talk about." he said without sympathy. "You cheated, we're done." he said. "Get out of my house."

"But where am I supposed to go?" she said, sobbing.

"I don't give a fuck." he said as if she were some squatter who had come only for a few days and ended up staying for a month.

"We'll duke out the custody in court, but for now, you have 24 hours to get the fuck out."

"But we're married. You can't just leave me penniless."

"I can and I am. You signed a prenup, remember?"

Oh God, she had. Well, these things weren't ironclad. There were loopholes, and surely they would take some pity. She hung up the phone on him and started crying. She didn't even know where to go, what to do, or who to turn to.

...............................

In the end, she went to her mother's house in upstate New York while the lawyers worked everything out. In the end, Bryson agreed to put a down payment on a small three bedroom condo near the house so the kids could spend every other week with her, not that she was able to spend too much time with them due to work.

Her two years as an English Lit major wasn't enough to get her much of a job at all, so she had to work long hours as a secretary filing things and learning a lot about how excel spreadsheets worked. She quickly put on weight and her beautiful blonde hair looked more orange since she couldn't afford to get it dyed professionally. Also, there were no more expensive skin treatments and nice clothes, and her wrinkles appeared now that she wasn't able to afford botox treatments. She was 45 and looked every day of it.

Of course Bryson got a young, hot new intern who was fresh faced and vivacious the moment he stepped out into the dating world. Her name was Helena. She was from some exotic place, Laura didn't care where, and he got her pregnant within the first few months of Laura finding out about her.

She missed the house, the cars, the spa, her friends, her children when she wasn't with them and the vacations, but she found the more time that went on, she missed Bryson's cock in her ass and fantasized about it daily, but it was gone. All gone.

12