All Comments on 'Le Coeur du Jardin (Garden's Heart)'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pedantic me

I am aware of two ways to turn a sailboat around: wearing and tacking. This is where the expression "a different tack" comes from, meaning to go in another direction. Please don't ever say "a different tact" again.

Otherwise, BillandKate are my favorite on this site. Really, you're great but I'm just in a mood.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Great story. Five stars.

IscreamforJoyIscreamforJoyalmost 4 years ago

Two stories in one.

More romance than loving wife, I guess it could be both. Was the Pete (Rose) rose reference on purpose?

Pete rose and took my hand; there was sadness in his eyes.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventureralmost 4 years ago
yay!

lovely story.

thank you as always for sharing your imagination. :)

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 4 years ago

Thank you. That was a fantastic story! As a reader I wanted more divorce and post- divorce interaction with Gwen and her family but realistically that rarely happens. Still very much enjoyed the story.

Thank you again!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 4 years ago

Very enjoyable LW/romance. Your writing is always a treat, regardless of the subject. And hey, I just put Vince Flynn onto my reading list. Thanks for the referral. By the way, your comments about the French are spot on. I’ve many fond memories of encounters with warm hearted and generous Parisians. Thanks for another entertaining story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago
This was nice, but

nothing really happened. I have the same problem with my stories from time to time. I finish writing a story and realize there's not much to hold the reader's interest.

His wife cheated and he divorced her. She had a bad time of it afterward and felt regret. Once again we learned how a couple met, as if that had anything to do with anything. He met another girl and married her. He was nice to a military wife. There was no tension. His wife missing the flight was the high point of a low flying story.

I read all of your stories and appreciate the effort you put into writing. This one was just a bit flat.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 4 years ago
Great job!

Excellent as usual! Now it would be lovely to read "Le Coeur du Jardin - Gwen's view".

You know - I have a thing for cheating wives regretting their choices

Anyway I really enjoyed it!

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
As Always

Another great story 5*****

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 4 years ago
Once again - fantastic

Over the last two days, we’ve been treated to some great LW stories. Thanks to BillandKate for another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What?

You set up a perfectly good, emotional conflict in the first third of your story....then wrapped it up quickly and joylessly and spend the rest of the story introducing a magic cure woman instead.

Like if Jurassic Park spent 45 minutes introducing dinosaur conflict, had the scene with the T. rex and the cars, and then spent the next 90 minutes on everybody’s dramaless rehabilitations.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 4 years agoAuthor
Tact v tack & Pete Rose comments below

We'll have to add 'a different tack' to the long list in our Moleskin notebook of phrases we've misused and need to remember for next time. Always thought it was short for 'a different tactic', hence 'tact'; now we know better - thanks.

And yes, 'Pete rose' was on purpose. Despite his later troubles, Charley Hustle will always be endeared in Bill's heart since the day at Wrigley Field when his brother stole a sideline pop fly from Pete. Pete, despite having a routine 'out' stolen from him, grinned and said, "nice catch kid".

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 4 years ago

I needed a story like this one. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Two for one. 5stars.

Loved the story, the wife that cheated and the love of his second marriage. A Loving Wife story and a Romance. Excellent job as I have come to expect for you.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

That was a nice feel-good story and I'm glad it had a happy ending for the betrayed husband. His revenge against Brad was amusing and Gwen got a nice bit of karmic payback with the beating from her shitbag lover. Les sewed the seeds for her misery with his comment to Brad after the divorce hearing.

I gave it 5* but there were a couple of points I wanted to mention:

1) The flashback to how Les and Gwen got together hurt the pacing.

From a reader's perspective, we've just found out that the wife is a backstabbing slut. I'm no longer interested in hearing how wonderful she was before she turned into a cheating whore; at that point in the story, I'm with the husband wanting revenge. The time to show the wife as a good person is before the husband discovers her infidelity, because adding it afterwards is jarring to the story's emotional tone.

2) There was no confrontation between Les and Gwen.

She ditched him at the airport, moved out of their apartment while he was away, then they were never in the same room together until the court appearance. It was a missed opportunity for some excitement by avoiding that conversation.

The post-infidelity confrontation is usually the dramatic highlight of the story. The marriage has imploded, the betrayed spouse is hurt/bitter/furious and wants to find out why they cheated. The cheater can be smug/argumentative/wracked with guilt... but no matter which, the playoff between the two can make for some tense and emotional dialogue.

A decent alternative would have been Gwen crawling back to Les and begging for forgiveness. The scene with her brother turning up to speak on her behalf would've been 10x more interesting if it was Gwen with a black-eye pleading for another chance. Les could have found out why she cheated on him in the first place, experienced some much-needed schadenfreude at hearing how her life had turned to shit, then rejected the heartless bitch.

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

And as usual you display great writing skill, but I agree with Harddaysknight and DFWBeast. After the Divorce, I lost interest in the story. Romances are great, but not really what I like to read. They kind of bore me. People read loving wives for the drama and emotional angst that keep you on the edge of your seat. As HDK says, the high point was when the husband was left at the airport and just kind of fell off after that. Just because I am not personally into romances doesn’t mean that this wasn’t a great story and because of that, I Still rated it high.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
This story had the wimpiest wimps of any wimp story in LW

The only one I had any respect for was Brad. Dressing the main character in a tutu and having Brad ass fuck him was all that was missing. Yea, he got another girl in the end but can't even keep clothes on her. Maybe she will be the ass fucker.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 4 years ago
5*s and a but....

I loved it but something was missing. You need a part 2 to explore Gwen. I'm always disappointed when I read a great STORY like this one where the couple are deeply in love. Then for no explicable reason she destroys her man. The stories always fall short because there's absolutely no explanation for the betrayal. So you need a part 2 here. We need Gwens perspective,..please,

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
kirei8

Stick with Saddletramp. You don't have the comprehension necessary to understand this author.

Bill and Kate have received several 4* and 3* scores from me but this was a solid 5.

Gwen really screwed herself totally. She paid financially and emotionally for her incomprehensible choices and I wouldn't be surprised if she suffered professional ramifications as well.

Brad got his in spades with a very well thought out payback.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
This Story Brought Out Your Biggest Weakness

I have always been very complimentary to your stories, and only once have really had any criticism (the semicolon incident). But this story for me brought out your biggest weakness, lack of writing emotions well, or at all.

In one of your early stories, a commenter had brought up that your characters showed no emotions. I defended you saying that each author has their forte. That Hemingway and Mark Twain were two of America's greatest authors (and I've read most if not all of their work), and I don't remember them ever really displaying much emotion of their characters. And so far for me your stories worked, because you told interesting stories about interesting characters, even though we never really delved into their emotions, and showed much complexity to them.

But this one was different for me. You have an intense DRAMATIC half of the story (the MC and Gwen). You have a character who is betrayed in the worst way. But not only is his wife cheating on him and leaves him for another man, but he is stuck on a plane for 5 hours where he can't display his emotions, he can't pace, he can't scream, he can't cry, he can't punch a wall, but you don't tell us about his internal turmoil. His frustration, anger, etc. The same situations on the island where he is rebuffed by the couples' hotel, having his CC's cancelled and his bank accounts frozen. Again, we have to fill in the gap of the turmoil and anger he must have felt and none of it displayed for us. We can only assume and fill in the gaps ourselves.

However, for me that wasn't the biggest issue with the story. Because the first half was dramatic enough and things going on enough that once again I could have overlooked the lack of what the MC was going through. But the second half changed all that. Most stories focus on a resolution of the cheating wife part of the story. Some great stories on LW, even when the stories starts of with intense cheating, turns into a romance story with a new love and it works. The reason it works is that the second half of the story is as intense, as the first half, although in a different way.

You couldn't really do that with the intensity of the drama itself in this case. It was a simple love story with Grace. The truly good love stories are undramatic. So, to equal the intensity of the first half the only tool you would have had was to display the intense emotion, the intense romance. The building of the budding love, perhaps their playfulness, their strong emotions for one another, etc. But that is the glaring weakness in your writing, and there was none of that. So, while I was happy for the MC, and honestly happier for Grace, that they found love and all that; however, I still wanted that intensity of the first half, but the second half fell completely flat. So, that didn't allow me to forget about Gwen, and I wanted the conflict there to continue so the intensity of the story to continue. To be equalled. I wasn't completely able to move on, because the story was uneven. And the unevenness was the lack of intensity.

But I still gave the story a 5, because the first half of the story was good, and because the message of the second half was equally worthwhile. You wanted to show a character that was able to move on, and not go into his future reacting to the pain of his past. You wanted to show that even though he was betrayed by his first love, and that betrayal happened at her work, and her being away from him for long hours (even though still in the same city the first time around), that didn't make him reactionary overreact and impose the negative experience from the first love into the second one. We all tend to do that to a degree, and often learn the wrong lessons from negative experiences, or "overlearn" things from them. One of my big worries right now is that because of Covid-19 we are going to overreact and restructure things so that our economy and society works better for the once in a 100 year "black swan" event, and put us at a disadvantage for the 99% of the time.

I write this comment not to put down this story down, but because you guys are very good storytellers, with a definite weak spot. I think to go to the next level of writing (if that's where you choose to go) you either have to dramatically improve letting us into the complex inner thoughts and emotions of the characters, or exclusively focus on drama and story which is your forte. The second half of this story didn't work, in my not so humble opinion, because it both didn't have the drama, and we couldn't see the complexity and emotions of the characters.

One last point. The way she dumps him and how her cheating and betrayal is revealed was a very intense, and interesting new way in LW. I think the rest of the story wasted the opportunity that opening created.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

always enjoy your work... but something was not in the story, something was missing... the depth and breadth of Gwen, her story and feelings... you touched on it some when Gwen writes that she missed the signals of hubby's trying to make things right... i think that should have been further developed... great work like your other stories...

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Grace coulda been Ch2. Odd organization … It starts with the setup for Sweetie’s airport betrayal. THEN, it harks back to their courtship, in-law problem and marriage/career start. The problem is that We-The-Readers have had little time with either spouse when shit happens. That means WTRs have little connection with their travails. Then WTRs learn more about them, but with an attitude established by the betrayal. I, for one, was tempted to simply skip the early days section (but did not skip it.) If Ch1 had included the divorce portion (good on the judge,) then Sweetie’s brother/dad visit and finally revenge on Brad, it would have wrapped the tale up nicely. Then, the Grace parts could be a Romance tale as a follow-up Ch2.

4*

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Always a great story from Bill and Kate - 5 stars

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Glitchin comments and why?

Note -- It says 19 comments, but I can only access 9 of them no matter how I try. One comment references comments left by HDK and DFW, but they are nowhere to be seen. So I assume there is some kind of glitch in the comments. Not the first time I have encountered this on a new story.

----

WHY? That's the mystery that the story offers. All we get is some hint that she was seduced by the asshole at work and perhaps she's a submissive. His answer/our answer is maybe she couldn't control herself? She wasn't strong enough to resist?

And what's with screwing him over so bad after she left him high and dry? Where did that bitchy nastiness come from?

Does he have any further responsibility to her well-being when her dad and brother show up? He loved her. He gives us a hint that she might have a submission problem. One that might have been responsible for him being crushed and her wrecking her life. If he loved her in sickness and health, should he insist that she explore this possible mental health problem and talk through it with a counselor? Doesn't mean he has to take her back. Her failure to defend their marriage was fatal. Her 'problem' makes her even LESS trustworthy. But do his vows provide a moral hint that he should at least help her overcome the 'sickness' that arose while they were married? I don't have the answer, but I think it's a worthy question.

stan at Knoxhard

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

I love your story. I think of it as a romance.

5

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Lovely story

Thank you that was a very and pleasant read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Had all the LW elements, with revenge and ultimately a romance

LW story acrs can be straight Divorce, BTB, RAAC or the Happy Ever After Romance.

This story has a bit of everything - really LW+Romance. Pretty good story but I think making it a two part one and spending a bit more time on character development and slowing it down would have made it better.

But B+K never really fleshed out the courtship, and the Marriage, felt they kinda rushed it. But Gwen's actions did ratchet up the readers anger, and identify with how badly she treated Les, but the courtroom scene with divorce seemed rushed as well.

We sense the submissive explanation for Gwen.

The second part, when he meets Grace, and when she works in France worked better and was more like a traditional romance.

It was enjoyable, and thanks to Bill+Kate, but could have been even better.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 4 years ago
Another great piece

I love your work. Thanks for another great piece. So refreshing and uplifting in this uncertain times. If you keep writing I'll keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hang on

What happened to ex wife? I think some how the other mail got his but what about her?

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Ugly beginng

Happy ending. Great formula. Loved it. 5

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasalmost 4 years ago
Ditto

To what johnadp said.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"Nothing worse than a non-supportive spouse. Don't be that guy." - Except that he HAS been supportive, and has been getting the brush off.

I figured it was Brad when he was quiet when Les brought the pizza. Les was cock-blocking him!

Who cares how they met. They must have met or we wouldn't be here.

She supposedly was at least TRYING to break things off with Brad, yet couldn't tell him to fuck off when he tried to fuck up her reconnect trip with Les?

@Anonymous Re: Pedantic me - As long as we're being pedantic, neither wearing (jibing) or tacking have anything to do with turning the boat around, but are techniques for sailing into the wind.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
another good one

I enjoyed then fact that he told the truth. There's no way on the hell he should even consider taking Gwen back. She just as much of a Wiesel as the fucker she cheated with.

davehoedavehoealmost 4 years ago

I liked it would liked if he could of made peace with Gwen at the end

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Good yarn

but can dipshit pick'em or what?

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Anon Glitchin

No, it's not a worthy question. Repetitious infidelity is considered, at the very least, grounds for divorce in any major religion or culture. Except perhaps the French but then they have always been fucked up with a completely unjustified superiority complex.

I suppose the hippie dippie no doubt raging liberal adios for a year airhead is a step up from wife one but really?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Two stories for the price of one

The first story about his bitch wife. The second story about his next wife. With a little

"good guy" thrown in in between. I thought he should have gone to Gwen's employer after the divorce and gotten both of them fired. And given his mind set, the way he got dumped and his experience with Kelley, I don't see him waiting for Grace. She chose career over him. She'd do it again. I realize you wrote it this way so that you'd have the "happily ever after" ending. But most stories don't that way.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago

Good stuff. That first wife was a complete waste of time; leave her in your dust and find someone with a brain. Glad the story ended on a happy note.

Well done. Thanks for posting.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
A really neat story

BillandKate have outdone themselves. This very sad tale turned happy is uplifting. Thanks. *****

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Lovely story. Just the sort of stuff one gets from BillandKate. Thank you guys and keep up the good work.

From me 5/5

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good Story

Glad Les was able to find someone who could be faithful. Semper Fi.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
I liked it.

It had many phases and some we haven't seen here before.

At least for me, nude gardening is new.

I wouldn't put money on long distance love working.

But we are used to BillandKate being original,

so there was suspence there.

All in all this story was a fine piece of work

and entertaining to read.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Powersworder really nailed my criticisms with this one already, especially the part about how nobody cares how they met once you've made us hate the wife. The only thing I'd add would be to ask why Gwen filed for divorce? In her note, she said she left with Brad because she assumed there was no way he would take her back. Meaning she didn't necessarily want to end the marriage, she just couldn't imagine he would stay with her. So why not wait for HIM to file, just in case?

I mean, of course HE would file, considering how she added insult to injury with the cruel, selfish and cowardly way she handled things on top of her cheating, but I don't see what was in it for her to file unless she really just wanted out of the marriage, which it didn't seem like she fully did.

Anyway, I still felt it was an overall nice piece of work.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 4 years ago
I was rooting for Gwen

I hoped that he would be man enough to reconcile. Rejection is easy, reconciliation is hard, and very rare in LW.

KinPAKinPAalmost 4 years ago

Magical...this was a wonderful story that had just enough tension near the end to tie it together perfectly.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 4 years ago
I liked this one

It was one of those husband's-second-life type stories, it was nice enough. I was a bit disappointed that nothing much came of the first half. Wife was evil cunt, Brad(right?) turned out to be a dick and hit her, she left him, they never really spoke again.

I was seriously expecting it to be a totally different story for a while there.

Here was the setup; All we knew when he got on the plane was that his wife was acting weird for a while, then seemed excited about going away with him. Brad was quiet when the husband visited her at work, and Brad needed to talk to her urgently at the airport which made her angry. Everything else happened through text and email.

I was so convinced that Brad kidnapped her! That he was a stalker or something, that she'd been acting weird because of his harassment, maybe not knowing it was him. Or that she had an indiscretion and he was obsessed with her and blackmailing her with security footage or some such. It's even mentioned he was a tech guy. Until he actually laid eyes on his wife again I thought for sure that's where it was going, that it was Brad sending texts and emails and cancelling credit cards while his wife was locked up in his basement or something. Until he saw her in the flesh again there was zero evidence this stuff was real, all he knew was Brad needed to talk to her at the airport. I was kind of disappointed, I wrote my own dumb little lifetime movie in my head before I got to the bit that made me dead wrong. She was just a total asshole.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandalmost 4 years ago

Great story as usual

5*s

GladstonGlieseGladstonGliesealmost 4 years ago
I understand happy endings

But this was almost like two different stories put together. Also the part with Grace's painting. He was clearly noticed that it depicted an unfaithful wife and she misinterpreted his observation of it as being infatuated with the model. It seems like there was a part where they should have had a discussion about this, we especially given his past broken heart, that somehow didn't make the final edit. Still a good story, though, from one of the best authors on here.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 4 years ago

I liked it... a lot.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Enjoyable. Ex wife hot off easy, and hoped there would be a verbal stoush to set the record straight about her fucking around. Losing money in settlement not enough revenge. Nice bit though with the guy in hotel.

Nice surprise that poor hubby got stranded instead of the cheaters as is usual.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago
Well written but...

Well written as usual but the plot was somewhat formulaic

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 4 years ago
Oh also another thing I was wrong about

The painting was called "The lovers' last afternoon". I thought for sure he would propose in Paris before he went home, the painting had a woman with a ring and a man without one and he assumed it was a cheating spouse. There's other ways for a woman to be the only one wearing a ring, like she just said yes to a proposal. And they would no longer just be lovers. Lovers' last afternoon.

I must be in a foreshadowing mood, this story had me seeing ghosts when it came to setups and synergy that just weren't there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for an entertaining read, although Parts of the story appeared forced, almost like an afterthought to meet expectations to the plot. It’s difficult to build character reference in short stories by using standard LW cliches I.e “She was the love of my life” or “ we meet in high school bla bla & then five kids, ten year later.... Use internal emotion or even better humor! to get your point across. experience is second to none! Good luck

fifteen16fifteen16almost 4 years ago
Another

Good yarn as usual from Bill&Kate.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 4 years ago
You Can't

She'll be naked whenever she wants. I know, I married one......

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Quite

Quite an enjoyable story.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
Oh yes!

You always come up with delightful stories to share. Thanks again. Top marks.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Excellent!

Another wonderful story by B&K. Thanks for the great read.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 4 years ago
I love gardens too

Great story, the best I’ve read on this site in a long while- I was beginning to despair. The failed marriage was a classic blood boiler- I actually can feel sympathetic rage at the poor guy being left on the plane, cut off so callously. I wanted the wife to suffer more directly, but she was swept out of the way efficiently. The year in Paris gave me angst as the reader, though I assumed B&K wouldn’t be so cruel so as to dump on the poor guy again. A happy ending to an excellent story.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 4 years agoAuthor

To Onethird

Wow - thanks for giving us a reason to keep writing.

B&K

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'm Usually A Guy

Who when reading a LW story stays pretty calm during all of the shenanigans the cheater(s) play. Often I laugh, sometimes just shake my head and even a few time want blood. After all it is a LW story and usually although not always, our hero is the one cheated on but sometimes authors do surprise me. Usually it's like watching a JAV NTR video, as soon as you see past the opening scenes with the happy couple you know instantly who the snake(s) in the grass is. This time it was the same, I picked up on Brad as soon as we met him when Tom brought the pizza the bell went ding. But rarely have I felt my blood pressure rise as when things started at O'hare. I've flown through there numerous times, it is a monster. No way in hell would I have walked away from the two of them, leaving them alone together, what ever was going to be said would have been said in front of me. But then we wouldn't been able to say as Paul Harvey said "Now you know the rest of the story." By the time it all happened to him at the airport and the resort I was ready to spit nails. I actually had to stop and take a break before I could finish the story and that Never happens. I haven't figured out why it hit me that hard, nothing remotely like this other than being cheated on has ever happened to me. But it felt like it Was happening to me, I chalk that up to very good, make that extremely good wordsmithing! I realize how it could/would have changed the story but at that time I was hoping for lots of red dye, body parts and gray matter splashed everydamnedwhere. I also realize that it's not often B&k's style to do that (at least as far as I have read) other than something on the order of an aluminum bat, a taser or a .30-06 and that's usually handled by someone else. The revenge on Brad was very good but I still think a little red dye (die) was justified. Since he did ultimately seek revenge I think he was extremely remiss in not following up with his ex in some way after all she is the one who actually cheated on him. The financial aspects were good that the judge imposed but it just seemed something more was in order. If not for his sake, make it for mine due to her actions affecting my health.

Even as calmly as I dealt with my eventual ex I doubt if I could have stayed as calm as he did, with the stunts she pulled, of course at the resort he didn't have much choice in the matter. I don't know how it might have affected the divorce proceedings but I suspect I would have spent however much time and effort it took to make damned sure that every adult that either of us knew and/or worked with would have gotten a copy of every text and email she sent me. That fine letter would have been screaming across the ether to the very first person on the list - her father. To think in this day and age his lawyer found him a real judge, that lady was a class act. I thought the way he handled the little setup attempt of a meeting with his ex and two in-laws was spot on, to be blunt fuck'em all.

I found myself feeling the same about Kelley as he did and was glad he was there and had the compassion to help her.

One thought to anyone who decides to go out and plant a garden like they did, if you use a rototiller especially on hard, untilled ground, run the tines in reverse. If you don't you'll probably find yourself chasing that thing trying to either stop it or just make it let you loose.

I do not expect to ever see a story where either of couple ever cheats on the other. Anyone who can survive being separated that long and that far apart have a destiny together. Thanks folks, a very enjoyable read after I quit seeing red. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a lot of conflict for such a long story

Okay, I guess. Not much really happened.

I escaped from the Peoria area and have to admit I was quite skeeved to relive all those locations.

If you’re still there, sorry. No one should have to go through that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah, What They Said

I pretty much agree with everything two of the previous commentors said, the Anon. who signed off as “BTW”, and Onethird. It was a great story, but the way she ditched him at the airport, trapped on the plane, and then cancelled his credit cards so that he was practically broke in a foreign country? That was beyond cold, that was a capital offense in my opinion. That spiked my blood pressure way beyond the safe point. I won’t go into the details, but I will say that I would hope I could retain all the righteous anger those two demons aroused in me, so that when I got home I would eventually get around to eliminating those two souls from the face of the earth. And leave their bodies, wherever they fell, as cold and dead as the earth they lay on. Yeah, that might satisfy my thirst. Thanks, B and K, another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Enjoyed the story but really felt like strangling deceitful Gwen.What an incredibly weak woman. She had absolutely no backbone and could be lead anywhere by anyone.

What stymies me is why Les left her with Bradley, even if it was a work related discussion. He acted totally blind and totally stupid! Of course there would have been no story if he had acted more as one would have expected him to.

And Bradley needed more than a ruined engagement! His abilities in the field of seduction should have been drastically and forcefully curtailed!!

Had a bad feeling when Grace went to Paris for a year's employment and was separated from Les but fortunately B&K maintained the relationship as a completely faithful one.Good story. 5*s.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Another work of perfection by Bill and Kate!!

avidfaavidfaabout 3 years ago
North side

not south side for a studio, more even, less harsh lighting.

Loved the story, but like others, her ditching him and taking all of his assets while he was in a foreign country really, seriously pissed me off. I wanted the plot to provide immediate emotional release, but that didn't happen. Instead, it kind of dribbled away, finally ending with the indirect encounter through the brother. Not to be a dick, but if you ever watch soap operas, you see the same fizzled climaxes to their big plot lines. Makes me think the distaff side of the team wrote that part. I've never been sure if the fizzled climaxes matched the female climax, or the common female inability to reach climax from intercourse. If you watch most action movies you see the more masculine type of climax.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

The cheating slut got exactly what she deserved. It amazes me how a supposedly a happily married wife of 4 years would take up with a scum bag like Brad, and then let Brad convince her to strand him in a foreign country no less. It was Ironic when Brad beat the shit out of Gwen, tossed her out and then Gwen's brother and dad asked Les to take her back, really. She got exactly what she deserved. Les's revenge on Brad was sweet and he got exactly what he deserved. I was pleased that Les found true love with Grace and even with the 1 year separation in Paris found their happily ever after. Well Done 5 stars

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

wonderful story.

what a great idea this garden (simple but original) and what a nice title.

Thanks for thé story. 5⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A strong, delightful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh, the ex-wife is gone from the story too quickly. The MC doesn't date anyone seriously afterwards until Grace, thus it is a foregone conclusion who the MC ends up with. No suspense whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mrfreidly comments below

Did we read the same story? The first wife was around for two plus pages. The artist Grace leaves for Paris, so how could it be a "forgone conclusion " they'd end up together? Guys like you with your asinine comments are the reason why LW has turned into a wasteland of crappy cuck or btb garbage.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Well written but once again more than one story squeezed in .

You could have ended it with Gwen's misery

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice story, I think it’s definitely a Five Star value. But back to Brad for a minute. Brad pretty much single handedly got Thomas shanghaied to the Caribbean, then got him stranded there with no credit cards and very little cash. Brad REALLY needed to pay, and a few X-rated pics of him just don’t do it for me. Honestly my first thought was murder, pure and simple, prison be damned. My second thought was the baseball bat that Thomas mentioned. Won’t go into the details of that, but I think I would have been happy with that. I have been called a vindictive SOB. Great story,

B & K.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Les was a really stupid wimp cuck if he didnt suspect Brad and to board without the slut wife!! Brad had her pussy whipped

pickles7847pickles7847about 2 years ago

Lovely story I much enjoyed but think a little suspense would have made it better

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

More normal. More GREAT.

Reflect on the ideal of, real family.

Real, coupling.

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Beautiful story !!!! I love how you left the ugly in the past and carried the story into a very satisfying finish.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Great story, beautifully done, well written. You conveyed the theme " Life goes on" without the trite Formula of having an eager slut waiting in the wings.

Great writing!!!

Bravo!

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Very few Americans understand the dynamics of submissive women. They are naturally vulnerable to a skilled seducer. This is NOT saying that they can't be trusted. She failed. That's not saying that she would ever fall for it again. IMHO she was worth giving a second chance. However, TRUST, would always be a challenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A totally meaningless story with no solution to the real problem

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. I am really surprised that Les got on the plane without his wife. That seems very strange. Even if he was in shock and despite her asking for time and space, so what? He had a miserable time down there. Besides it gave time for Geen to get mean and cancel his cards and go for money (which she conveniently blamed on Brad). Her letter sounded quite shallow. She denied him sex for many weeks. She was having a full blown unrestricted affair with Brad at work. She claims to have been snapped out of it when he asked her to go on the trip with him, but lo and behold Brad shows up and she listens to his bs and just hives up the marriage because she doesn't want to be uncomfortable on a 5 hour plane ride next to her husband. Wtf? Yes her husband would finally put 2 and 2 together but if she really wanted to fight for the marriage she must have known something would come out. Or maybe she didn't think being a dumb cheating wife. Worse wouldn't she be irate at Brad? Having supposedly snapped out of her spell of seduction, why listen to that creep? It doesn't take long after the divorce for him to beat her up. Maybe Brsd caught her cheating or vice versa? Anyways I am glad the MC made it OK with Grace. Her being a year in Paris away from him leaving right before he was going to propose is really tough. Nit a lot of guys would have survived that. Only seeing her once the entire time?? Of course Grace proves to be faithful and make for an excellent life partner. The contrast between Gwen and Grace is quite apparent. So why do some of the commenters below think Gwen should get a second chance? I mean she abandoned her husband at airport, struck first with finances, filed first for divorce (I suppose knowing her husband would file soon anyways), and got her ass handed to her in court. Sure it can be argued she was prey to a predatory seducer in Brad, who exploited and harassed her at work. Even ignoring the detachment and the disrespect to her husband, she CHOSE to abandon her husband and give up the fight for her marriage and go with Brad! That plus the vitriolic divorce mechanics (which might reinforce her submissive behavior to Brad but meh) destroyed any chance of reconciliation. Though it is interesting the author once again gas the husband avoid any communication for closure (is that normal?), and though there is a letter, that is inadequate and distant. Of course, the most unbelievable part is that Lws gets on the plane on that situation. 999 out of 1000 husbands would stay there and wait for her or pull her onto the plane. Flying out was ludicrous and not sure it would have made significant changes to the story outcome except maybe make for uncomfortable dialog between the two spouses that the author wasn't interested in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this personally, even if Gwen was submissive, what they did to Les while away was vile.

The revenge scene was fantastic.

The scene where the surrender monkey disrespected Les isn't that unusual, happens to the English too. I live 22 miles from France, I used to love it.

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Great story I love a Happy ending

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[13.12.22]

Tres Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 1 year ago

That is really heartening; fidelity in that situation is certainly not easy and the whole love affair made me feel good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very good story, and well told, a solid five.

However, the bon mot at the very end was disturbing. She isn't stupid.

Kenn in North Texas

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon11 months ago

Honestly, I gave this a 1* because no MC is THAT dense and stupid.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Excellent. Thanks.

nighthawk22204nighthawk222046 months ago

Why did Enlightenment change to Illumination? A change over in French batteries?

BillandKateBillandKate6 months agoAuthor

We always leave at least one deliberate error in each of our stories. This allows some of the readers an opportunity to feel superior to us by pointing it out.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Five stars for the story. And six stars for your authors' comment.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have not read the story, and may or may not. But I read B&K'comment. We inform you of issues to be helpful, not insulting.

JPB

BillandKateBillandKate6 months agoAuthor

JPB

It's all in the way the errors are presented. We appreciate when we're made aware of our mistakes in the context of a helpful comment.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very nice story, B&K, thanks for sharing.

5 stars

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ends ups as a nice, if far from groundbreaking romance. But the opening story just didn't cut it. In no way would he get on the plane without her; in no way would a "couples only" resort (do they even exist?) reject a fully pre-paid customer whose partner was "delayed", and in no way would the cunt stay out of jail with her antics.

Two stars.

pjpbpjpb3 months ago

4/5

Nice overall but decline and especially collapse (airport) of MC first marriage makes little sense. Wife broke her affair when she realized how great and considerate her husband was, was happy about her vacations and then at the airport changed her mind or was blackmailed and decided to abandon husband for her lover. Cannot make head or tail here the way it is described and this scene is pivotal for the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Can people remain faithful after so many months apart? It feels like either he or she would cheat. They'd get 'lonely', or they'd finish a part of the movie, and having a shared bond from a shared goal, fall into bed--probably while celebrating. Maybe the project is hard and she starts craving emotional support from another man the way Gwen did with Brad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story, B&K, thanks for sharing it.

5 stars.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story and very well written. Given what I'm going through right now it could be my life. Thank you 🥺

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...

SIMILAR Stories