All Comments on 'Let's Make a Deal Pt. 18- Epilogue'

by WilCox49

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
The_PedantThe_Pedantover 6 years ago
Weird!

This is, without doubt, the weirdest story I've ever read on this site.

It is just unbelievably daft and way out and away with the fairies!

WilCox49WilCox49over 6 years agoAuthor
Weird?

@The_Pedant

Hmm. That is, probably, the weirdest comment I've ever read on this site. Something more specific might interest me. I have to say that I've seen quite a lot of stories I'd consider weirder, but of course I'm prejudiced.

But it's at least nice that someone apparently read the whole thing and had an actual comment to make. Thank you.

Oh. I like your username, BTW. I might have used that, had I thought of it, and if you hadn't already, of course. Fits me, in any case.

-- WWC3

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Profoundly bizarre

I more-or-less just skimmed everything after Ch 9, as it basically turned into Christian erotica (which is an interesting sub-genre of its own) and then Christian romance.

I had pretty much zero interest in the sermonizing, and found it incredibly bizarre to have the vehicle for the preaching be a guy who was willing to turn a desperate lesbian rape victim into a prostitute. I must have missed those verses; I mean, I know Jesus was willing to eat with prostitutes, but I don't recall him ever advocating turning those in financial need into them.

A more interesting second-half to the story would have been the protagonist having to adapt his religious beliefs to his relationships, perhaps having to change his views on lesbianism or coming up with a way to mesh polyamory with his beliefs or struggling with loving people in a way that's not socially acceptable but that he deep-down doesn't consider wrong.

As is, the MC came across as the kind of superficial believer who's content to ignore all of his professed beliefs as long as it's about his own convenience and getting himself laid, but as soon as it's about other people's lives, he wants them to hew to the letter of Scripture.

SAV12SAV12about 5 years ago
HERE HERE

I AGREE WITH 6/18. TOO MUCH RELIGION AT CHAPTER 9.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous