All Comments on 'Life after Sylvia Ch. 01'

by m_storyman_x

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
beautifully written romance

In this story, the author turns his immense talent as a writer to the romance genre, and he does not disappoint in this first chapter of what should be an excellent love story. The story is not rushed, but very appropriately builds up carefully, with a good introduction, great character development and an interesting plot that holds the attention of the reader throughout. Although the love scene in this first chapter is much too short, it is beautifully written. Five stars.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Very eager to see where the author goes with this. Got excited to see a new publication by someone whose opinion I value and whose style I envy. 5 stars.

whitbyl234whitbyl234over 3 years ago

Damn, that was hot! Can't wait for Ch. 02!

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

WOW! Had to check back and make sure this was "Chapter 1 with the promise of more to follow. I was afraid this was a one off and was about to complain about the ending! ;-)

Fantastic opening to what promises to be a wonderful love story series. Do he and Cristal finally make it work, does he sample more of the strippers at the club, does Sylvia realize what she gave away and come look him up? The twists this story could take! Take us on your ride m_storyman_x it's your fantasy.

Looking forward to the next installment!

5 stars

Cheers

SAGE

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Romance??

Thought it was going to be a fairly straightforward romance and then you threw in her career and all its ramifications. Very interested and keen to see where it goes as it's a difficult topic for both parties. 5 stars so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Who would want to date a prostitute?

He's taking her being a prostitute awfully well, to the point of it being SoD breaking.

Don't see why he would consider continuing with her for even a second or even keep contact, being a stripper is one thing, but letting guys touch her and fucking them should be a deal-breaker for any sane guy.

Not exactly girlfriend or wife material.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Facts!! You cant make a Hoe a Housewife, the two dont mix like oil and water.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was going to give you a 5, but I didn't like the ending. This is in the Romance category not Erotic Couplings and should have had a happier ending. I have had a relationship with a stripper and we made it work. Just my opinion

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

aw, no fairy tale ending. Yet? like the description of her dress at the first date/dinner

FseriesFseriesover 1 year ago

Nope. Dump her. Even if she quit the dancing and extras, she’d miss it and fall back into seeking that lost thrill.

rbloch66rbloch6611 months ago

I have a lot of trouble with the concept of sharing a potential life partner. For those who get off on that, fine, but it will never be for me. Reading stories that depict that kind of storyline are not for me. I came here for a romance story, and get nothing but a cheap fling from a girl who wants to have her cake and eat it too. I don't mind sluts being sluts, but don't go dragging good guys down with you.

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

Interesting idea, and although I've seen only one other author tackle this (with good results), it wasn't explored beyond one chapter and he ended it so a happy ending was guaranteed from the implication.

I'll attack this differently from other posters: it's not the idea that bothers me, but rather what Michael defines as "love": the problem is he never "loved" Sylvia; he loved the sex and physical connection, but he **never** talked with her about their future, who would handle the finances, dividing the chores, discovering non-negotiables, possible things to compromise on, nor items both had in common. To be blunt...they blindly fucked their way through life for 6 years without ever facing reality--that a relationship requires investing in talking, getting to know each other inside out, knowing what makes each other tick...and neither Sylvia nor Michael invested in a true relationship that could have endured. Even if one accepts the Greek concept of "love" in the eros sense, it's the shortest-term form of "love" that has no basis upon which to endure. Aside from that, the story provides zero evidence Michael nor Sylvia ever confided in each other, nor were brutally honest with each other.

IF you use the story to support flipping the script where Michael must now confront this potential obstacle AND it forces him to be as honest and open with Crystal about their possible relationship as she is being now, you have a unique yet challenging story to handle. However, it means he either accepts blindly coupling with any female he wants while she works, while he accepts other men touching and fondling her for money. It proposes quite the irony: they both get the same thing at the same time, but conceptually they'd be committing to being swingers rather than a monogamous couple.

You take a huge gamble with this storyline. With the exception of the flawed premise, this rates a 4. Hope you develop this well, although really feedback at this point is kind of moot, given this is 2 years ago. I'll tentatively read more, hoping for the best...although this is more 1/2 romance and 1/2 erotic couplings, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Romance... with no romance?

tsgtcapttsgtcapt2 months ago

Well thought out and presented... a hard decision, for sure. I don't know... thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userm_storyman_x@m_storyman_x
I love the outdoors, fishing, hunting , boating, photography, writing and of course SEX ! I have a fertile mind of ideas and have written many of them in my stories here. After 40+ years of marriage and raising a family I'm ready to live some of those fantasies, even though...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories