All Comments on 'Life Art'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
rg27612rg27612over 9 years ago
Wonderful!

Couldn't stop reading once I got started. Very good storyline and a great ending.

Kudos. Looking forward to more of you writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nope, sorry, but Kallah is a selfish egotistical brat and Patrice is an absolute bitch FORCING her lifestyle on others whether they like it or not, sorry I couldn't finish this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

Great Story, hopefully there will be a follow up later.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Not bad

I guess this is a bit like reading one of those women's love books that Mills & Boon publish. Nothing great but certainly not bad. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nice "coming of age" story for Kallah. Good description of the erotica. Pleasant reading, but please break this type of story into chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Lightning Ridge

Terrific story, glad to learn something new.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LOVED IT

GREAT STORY

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Good show! Enjoyed the story. Barring a couple of typos, good writing. Cheers!

BuckyDuckmanBuckyDuckmanover 9 years ago

I love reading your stuff. The sex is always hot, the dialog is witty and well written and along the way, a REAL story is told, too! Great job!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Enchanting

Enchanting, wonderful, exciting and the superlatives could roll on until the author's head grows so large it bursts. Honestly though I almost passed on reading this lovely gem because I feared it was going to be filled with the darkness that accompanies the light side of art. It did have some of the dark, but it did not let it destroy the people or the art in this story. I will be rereading this treasure often I can assure you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I loved the story, but you desperately need a copy editor/proof reader. There weren't just a couple of typos - the text was littered with them and with wrong words here and there. Your misuse of the apostrophe really grated. But these things can be fixed. You have the basic creative instincts that made me so disappointed with the errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

I agree that the errors were certainly there, however, the clear, clever, and heartfelt writing shone through.

Thank you.

Suite21menSuite21menover 9 years ago
You Caught Me!!!

A story about artists and their lives? Got me hooked! I was leery of the 10 lit pages but I couldn't stop reading. Darn you for slowing my progress on reading the new story section. All in all, a mighty fine story you have posted here. This person gave you the 5 ting and me hearty thanks for sharing your words.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Great story, almost scared me off with the length. Loved how they came together and how their relationship didn't end up like the typical romance.

Kallah singing some Al Green was an added bonus. Mason and Kallah definitely are perfect for each other.

aisielynnaisielynnover 9 years ago

Another of your stories that i have enjoyed immensely! i love this as an entry in the Summer Lovin' story contest. i hope you bring home the win. *grins* Can't wait to read what you have planned next and hoping that it will include the next chapter for Possessing Bella. *grins, lil wink* Keep up the great writing.

P.S. If you're ever in need of a proofreader, feel free to contact me. i'm pretty good at picking up on grammar and spelling issues. However, unlike some, i don't let those kinds of things distract me from what i'm reading or how i rate a story. Thank you again for sharing your work. You have a true talent. *smiles*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love it.

Have read many of your'e stories and have enjoyed them all. Keep it up. Love everything that you have done.

Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
really enjoyed this

but, it needs to be longer. sorry, but that 1 year time jump hurt the story. after the build up we really need to see them meet her family too. still gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice story, but..

the typos and misuse of/failure to use apostrophes did detract. But on a more substantive issue, you kept having Kallah talk about how bad her family was, and then never followed up on that. I kept waiting for them to show up, and was surprised that the story ended without us meeting them and seeing whether they really were awful.

patientleepatientleeover 9 years ago
Very nice,

As always, Ellie. Great story.

LeggieLibbyLeggieLibbyover 9 years ago
Loved it

Never mind the anonymous whingers, great story.. perhaps there is a 2nd part. libby x

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

This is a great story based in Brisbane Queensland Australia. A few words, here and there, revel that the author is Australian.

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 9 years ago

I liked the story. The character and storyline development is excellent, with just the right balance of sex scenes. However, your punctuation is atrocious. The work is rife with run-on sentences, and as mentioned by previous commenters, you misuse apostrophes throughout. Given your talent as a storyteller, I hate to see your work marred by errors in language mechanics. You really should engage the services of a good proofreader/editor.

By the way, a "wallah" is a person engaged in a particular employment or activity. I believe the word you were looking for is the French expression "Voilà".

Please don't label me as a troll. I just believe that things like proper use of grammar and punctuation, and careful word choice are vital for good communication, especially in the written word. Okay, I'll step off of my soapbox now. :-P

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
xxxhugsxxx

loved it

acupacupover 9 years ago
Consider the source...

... when it comes from anonymous. If they can't sign in to give you a comment or volunteer as an editor put the comments right where they belong in the trash with yesterdays fish.

photog112photog112about 9 years ago
I would love to see...

Another story with the same characters. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pretentious...............

............artists !

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
entertaining

with lots of drama

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A view into an artists life...

and successful artists at that. Nicely done.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
beautiful

brilliant

educational

entertaining

thanks

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Very nice story

I loved the story.

I must comment, however, I've had some trouble understanding Australian English, but has not been too problematic.

I want to see if there is a sequel to this story, because I would like to know more about this couple and their families, as well as his artistic life.

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesone

Well written, totally enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hopeless Romantic

Loved it.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years ago
Wonderful story

This was a fun read, full of interesting scenes beautifully word-painted.

soulkeeper1987soulkeeper1987about 7 years ago
Awesome

I found you through the valentines winner and have been reading your other works and have to say they are awesome. I love the stories. This was an amazing read and I look forward to reading your others.

SkinTicklerSkinTickleralmost 7 years ago
Loved the story!

A bit of proofreading would've helped. Verbs conjugated incorrectly, "he" & "she" mixed up. And so many incorrect apostrophes!! Enjoyed it very much, though, even with all those distractions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great

You have created another unbelievable story. You are an incredible writer. Thank you for the joy you have given me. Yyanky

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great storytelling

A lovely beautifully written story, with vivid and lively characters. Just top romantic fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
from an old English major

Even though I was raised by English teachers, and even studied to be one....I did not notice ANY errors.

The story was so good that I didn't get bogged down in the mechanics. In fact I loved the story itself so much that I skimmed the sex.

I have only read two of your stories so far. I loved both. I will be binge reading for the next several days.

Great work.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 3 years ago

Loved It!

So sweet, I think I feel a cavity starting. Just kidding. For a change, I liked most of the characters. Peeling off the little black dress and revealing the ivory sequined one was a nice touch. Thank you for yet another wonderful read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hidden artist?

They're going to get married, but he doesn't tell her that he is an artist. It's not as if art is a big part of her life. You sure he really is invested in the relationship?

There was no explanation why he hid such a relevant part of himself.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story. It was entertaining and well written.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

A wonderful read! Left a smile on my face 😀

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

For anyone not seeing the typo's ("on" instead of "one", "is" instead of" in" etc, usually such way that it becomes another word) and missing commas in this, either you aren't reading very thoroughly or your own grammar skills aren't actually impressive. This is even a recurring thing in several of her stories, so I would recommend using an editor.

It would not be a heavy work for the editor, though, the errors are not that plenty - definitely not reducing the amount of stars because of that! The story is good as always, and damn is the sex hot. All too many real life lovers should take a hint.

BTW, just thinking... Oil paint dries very slowly and requires drying in between. I suspect one weekend would not be enough to finish a painting. Acrylic paint is a much faster, but I really believe not all artists would use that.

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

Lovely story, 5*. There were so many minor things but the story over comes them. One thing I know from working in a proffesion that required precise reports, is that you as the writer know what you mean to say and can often overlook small errors. Spellcheckers are good but if you spell a word correctly they will no catch it ( he instead of she, or is instead of in for example.) An editor or proofreader could catch many of these, however I have seen things in famous writers work that slips through. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 2 years ago

Way too long. I started skim reading halfway through.

I don't mind long stories, but only when something interesting is happening

topofthehamtopofthehamover 1 year ago

What a wonderful story.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

Another beautiful love story. It’s unfortunate that some commenters point out that events or results included in a story aren’t true, realistic, etc. This story is fiction, created by the author’s creative imagination. Stories are written for the sole purpose of providing entertainment to the reader. Enjoy the story for what it is, make believe! ;-p

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The likes of Patrice and Paul are simply trailer park trash hiding behind art

muskyboymuskyboy8 months ago

Very nice, thanks! 5/5

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz7 months ago

Excellent love story. You have a presentation that is easy on the ears. Five. Only suggestion is to more carefully edit your work. Unforced errors were a bit distracting. Good work though.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent plot line. Strongly developed characters, great word pictures. Just not to my taste, sugar wise. I should know better by now.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

So lovely …. Artists are generally questioning their work, may not all but most and yeah moving a crowd is very hard to achieve ….. and then the old “teachers “ taking advantage, 🤮 , but again its just history repeating ….. in the end the artistic weekend had a extraordinary outcome and a little community started …… Amazing tale

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌇🌇✨✨🧨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it. Thank you. Compared to your other works I especially liked it because it's just normal people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...