All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 07'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
oh please don't drop off the map like so many lit authors do.

You've built such an interesting world. I hope you continue to come up with more of this twisting rabbit hole of a story. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I thought i would check if you added a piece before i went to bed

stayed up to read it even though i have class tomorrow, you've gotten me addicted to your writing style, amazing , 5 stars as usual. thankyou for putting your time into these stories, they make my day reading the interactions between characters.

Much regards , An avid reader.

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 10 years ago
Fix fix fix fix fix!

*Drool*

LastoftheGreatMikeysLastoftheGreatMikeysalmost 10 years ago
I like this story.

Believable? No. Fun? Yes! Since I like fun more than believability that means I like this story.

sailandoarsailandoaralmost 10 years ago
A truly gifted author . . .

. . . . . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

My goodness I love this story, I have read some of your others and they are brilliant. Please continue with Life as a New Hire series the world and everything in it is amazing. I love were the story is going.

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 10 years ago
He shoots, He Scores and the crowd goes WILD!!!

I don't have your gift for words so all I can say is MORE!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Blast!

I went to tap the 'next ' button but there was no page 5. A wonderful series is this, and as per usual I cant wait to see FinalStand in the New section again. My only contention - and I hope this is taken as constructive rather than despisive - is the abundance of homophones that seem to crop up. My theory is your editor enjoys the convenience of spellcheck a mite liberally, but I may may yet be proven a fool.

Thank you again for an enjoyable read. - Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

This story is unrealistic and totally screwed...BUT it is so much fun to read that I am coming back everyday to see if there is more. Thanks you very much.

trashmantxtrashmantxalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

...oink! I love these underdog tails...um... tales?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
very entertaining

I was so disappointed when I got to the end of chapter 7.

you do need to learn how to spell though. the incorrect use of similar words is quite jarring to the mind when flowing along with the thread of your story.

thanks looking forward to the next chapter.

MethusalemMethusalemalmost 10 years ago
Question@FS

Even though it is quite a fictional story I do have a question I need to clarify for myself.

"pureblood" and "halfblood" are quite important in this story but the difference isn't obvious for me. The Amazons know no fathers and males aren't part of their culture. What makes a woman now "halfblood"? Is the difference that a "pureblood" was sired with a "owned breeding male" instead of just any male or is there more?

Would appreciate it if you could clarify that for me FinalStand.

The story... just another 5 stars. Really enjoyable to read. Keep up the good work!

~Methusalem

MethusalemMethusalemalmost 10 years ago
Thx

Thank you for the detailed information on the blood-issue.

I was already expecting this to change later, not unchallenged though.

Good luck with finishing Ch. 17.

cliuincliuinalmost 10 years ago
Cael is must to be crazy !

Cael is must to be crazy ! The hungarian , or with hungarian descendent , are crazy because they have the Huns , like ancestors , in they lineage but this is too much , you don't atack a full pack of Amazons by one .

Over_RedOver_Redover 9 years ago
Totally off-the-wall

Reading this story is like being injected into the mind of a man in the manic phase of his bipolar disorder. I suspect some of the verisimilitude in that is from your personal experience, and it really shows in the writing. That's a good thing; Cael feels entirely authentic, if totally insane. Getting used to the pace of the story is a little tricky, but once you sink in it's a real roller coaster ride. A lot of the dialogue has made me laugh out loud; I've especially loved the car rides with the girls. Cael's relationship with Aya is my favorite part of the story. It's incredibly rich and heartwarming.

I do have one major criticism: you use ridiculous dialogue attributions like they're going out of style. Nothing is "said"; every line is a special snowflake. This mistake is especially apparent because your dialogue is very keen, so let it speak for itself!

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 9 years ago
Cael has balls of admantium

Got to say you've dreamt up a very unconventional character. He knows he screwed up when he joined Havenstone and knowing he can't escape he decided on having a hell of a journey

Your Amazonian setting is like something out of the movie 300, except with women. What with fighting, maiming killing all in the name of honor and glory. Their reactions are unexpected and keep the story fun for me.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Interesting question

Methusalem, asked for clarification of an important plot point. That is how the "Pure Bloods' differentiate themselves from the "Half Bloods'.

Modern times this would be handled through Stud Books cross-referenced with DNA testing. The result being physically fragile and perpetually hysterical Thoroughbreds.

The only domestic animal we breed for intelligence AND endurance are Mules. There is an important cost paid for smarts, you understand?

The Amazon breeding program is based on the 19th Century racist pseudo-science of Eugenics (NOT Genetics). Which in turn was based on Presbyterian Doctrines of Predeterminism and Predestination.

As long as Presbyterian armies and navies were victorious and enforced the ruling castes of the British and American Empires such self-delusion of superiority dominated those cultures as memes. And those racist memes still infect us today.

An excellent example is the widespread bigoted hatred of the POTUS Barack Obama for successfully restoring the national and global economies to stability.

The haters will never forgive him for being a mongrel colored and showing up the incompetency and corruption of his white predecessors.

I myself am a tall, White Anglo-Saxon Predator class Male. Si every time I turn around in private the other WASP's come sidling up to spew out their invective about the 'Nigger' in "their' White House.

Welcome to my holiday gatherings!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Blood and genetics

Three factors come into play. 1) The Amazons have kept meticulous records of their bloodlines since their foundation. Initially, daughters born of an Amazon and her captive was 'true', or 'pure'. Daughters born of an Amazon and her lover were 'impure', or 'half-true to their oaths as Amazons'.

2) That bigotry was reborn after World War II because of the number of 'daughters born out of love'. Amazon 'purists' began using it in a more derogatory fashion. With the advent of 'Runners', it was manipulated to create a boundary between the 'Runners' and 'Pure/Full-bloods'. Since the 'Half-bloods' were never numerous, they couldn't address their status.

3) This prejudice does have a hint of truth to it. There is mysticism in this story. Part of that is what I call 'genetic drift'. That means the more a bloodline exists in a House, the more their genetics transform into that of the First of their House. Thus the descendants new recruits become related to the older members of the line in a few generations. I based this decision on the concept of 'tribal identification' - people identify with those who are like them ~ a black, or African-American, or African mixed race ~ President being described as 'not us' by some of the white American majority (FYI, I am not a fan of President Obama yet I recognize him as my democratically-elected President and a fellow American. My issues are with his governing style and policies. As I said, he is still my President because I'm not so spoiled that I feel I can ignore the public will when it suits me). For the Amazons, it means there will be subtle similarities between all Amazons given time, aiding in their Sisterhood solidarity.

Merry Christmas

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Delilghtful Story

The truth is that I can not even begin to guess where it is going, I hope that Final Stand does. Great Creativity!

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
I admit to nothing!

I know that LNH 41 is the not-so-long slide into the Great Hunt, but I'm not completely sure how I'm going to get there yet. I can tell you the 'Big History' stuff is finally wrapped up in Chapter 40.

Worse, I know what I would do to open 'Book 2'. I would like to complete CCSC first plus I have five other stories I need to create some conclusion for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Comedy gold

"Spear."

"Klondike bar."

Priceless, my friend, simply priceless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
truly amusing

i agree with the above comment. afterwards i too had a craving for a Klondike bar.

PyroDragonPyroDragonover 7 years ago
Maybe I'm a it late to ask or I missed something

But how does this guy not have super aids yet?

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
Well PyroDragon ...

... for the majority of his sexual encounters during the start of this tale Cael uses a condom - aka Safe Sex. A running gag is him carrying ten on him at all times. When he doesn't use a condom, he has sex with women who are not promiscuous so he is at minimal risk. Finally, this is a fantasy story and only becomes more 'fantastic' as it progresses.

James aka FinalStand

horned_lizardhorned_lizardalmost 7 years ago
@PyroDragon "How does he not have super aids or something?"

Because he charmed the genes off of it.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
horned_lizard [SPOILER ALTER ~ kinda/sorta]

Actually, Cáel met the Archangel of the Apocalypse Pestilence at the Depeche Mode concert in the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre in Toronto (she's a HUGE fan) in 2013 and banged her into a transcendent state ... so she's had the 'hots' for him ever since. Thus no death by STD's for our protagonist no matter how loud reality may scream at this biological injustice.

Now, that might be the truth, or it might be the result of something a sexy-cute girl put into Cáel's mouth from her own at said concert and the hallucinations suffered as a result. I ain't saying.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Screw Pestilence. No really.

That's about one of the funniest pieces of backstory. I've read. You're an amazing writer.

rjsnowblind12rjsnowblind12over 6 years ago

This site needs a like button for the comments. Comedy gold right here haha.

Virgo6Virgo6over 4 years ago
7 chapters

In and I’m leaving my first comment, on your work. There are lots, of characters but, they are memorable and easy to keep up with. You also move this story along at an incredible pace, which I love. That makes me curious, considering this stories length. I guess an insane idiot, is easy to write about, you make it seem that way. All I know is it’s fun to read about 5s

FinalStandFinalStandover 4 years agoAuthor
Virgo6 ...

Thank you. I hope you continue enjoying this tale.

Take care and have a good read,

James aka FinalStand

bonzo49bonzo49about 4 years ago
Again and again and again

Still reading, even knowing where it's going, it's great.

My only wish would be for a continuation Life after the internship!!

I hope you are doing well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
FinalStand - WOW.. what an imagination and a great story line

Great story, funny as hell, intricate and oh so memorable characters... you have an amazing talent, so thanks for sharing!

Geon54Geon54about 4 years ago
Cyborg Killing Machine

"Trust me, (Elsa's) a cyborg killing machine ..."

Fifth (or more) time through and this line always amuses me because Tricia Helfer (Number Six in Battlestar Galactica) tends to be who my mind "casts" for the part of Elsa while reading.

Interesting because Bruce Campbell delivered a similar comment when Tricia Helfer guest starred on Burn Notice. Coin toss on whether it was scripted or an ad lib though.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 4 years agoAuthor
Geon54

Good choice. I'd like to see her a little more buff, but otherwise spot on.

Makes me miss 'Burn Notice' too, damn it.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Hi James,

I'm using this quiet time to re-read a few of my favorite literotica series, and of course this is one of them. It is so nice to see you responding to comments even though you are still waiting on your muse to strike before you write more for us. I really hope things are going well for you during these difficult times. Please stay safe and remember you are in our thoughts and prayers.

-B

StriglitchStriglitch6 months ago

"I get $247,000 a year" wasn't that $237,000 when he was talking to Nikita?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES