All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 12'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
j311j311almost 10 years ago
Great as usual

Another excellent chapter, i'd tell you to keep up the good work but that's a redundant statment at this point, i'm not sure if you know how to do a bad job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great!

Man, it's amazing the speed of your writing considering the quality remains superb. I don't know which I want more, the next One in Ten or this series. I'm happy either way! Thanks!

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 10 years ago
What else can be said?

You:

Constantly and consistently come up with unique plot twists? Been there.

Provide great dialog? Done that

Develop Character? I'd buy a FS for president T-Shirt or have one made

Need I go on?

MORE MORE MORE

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 10 years ago
Another Great Job !!!!!!

FS I dont know how you do it... You have one of the smartest, wildest and funniest stories on this site.. I am already hooked on 5 of your stories... You have said that writting these stories take alot of you... Thank you for all your have written so far and will write in the furture... MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I need more chapters !!!!!

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 10 years agoAuthor
I know it is not much...

...but I do listen to and appreciate all feedback. Here is a tiny tribute to a reader from Chapter 17 (I'm working on 19 now). Cáel is talking to Pamela, his very old Amazon knife-fighting trainer (and much, much more), while walking the Manhattan streets late one Sunday night. They share the same twisted sense of humor.

*“I wish you had been my Grandmother,” I nodded.

“Wait – wait,” Pamela held me back from continuing. “Because if I had been your Grandmother, you would have known to avoid a nut-ranch like Havenstone.”

“Are you like my psychic twin?” I teased her. She was right, of course.*

I was looking for a semi-serious/semi-hilarious way to describe Havenstone and, for some reason 'NUT-RANCH' seemed to fit. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Some editing errors slipped through.

Great story and dialogue, complex and interesting. The focused logic of these characters seems slightly unrealistic, but only because I live in the world of average educated people. I do believe in people who can speak like this all the time but have yet to meet them in person. Sherlock level deductions seem like the norm for the higher ups.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I am enjoying this story very much. Thank you for the hours of entertainment you are giving to us all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep it up

I am constantly checking the Sci-fi tab to see if you have new chapers. I honestly don't care if there is sex or not, I like alot of the stories on Lit. Yours I really enjoy.

I hope you can keep letting Cael play with his Amazons. If nothing else Cael needs to be there for Aya. Keep up the great storytelling. You bring alot of enjoyment to many people.

A fan from Wyoming

sailandoarsailandoarover 9 years ago
Gift . .

. . . of gab. Brilliant and witty dialogue. Thoughtful observations on human relations. Colorful characters. Just plain good fun. etc etc etc , many thanks.

FungiUgFungiUgover 9 years ago
Unleash the editors!

Awesome story, and I'm totally enjoying the culture turn-about. The finicky mistakes are annoying though.

rewski84rewski84over 9 years ago
About Brian Fung...

You mentioned earlier that Brian also had a fiance, but nothing seemed to have developed around that issue. How come?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
brilliant insight into the working of human mind especially females!!

hiya,

this is one of those great stories i have ever read. pls feel free to write to me at "beldinaldur at the rate of gamil dot com or by skype my name is venkyks. i'm a doctor physicist mathematician psychologist NLP trainer socionics linguist :languages" )) well the other too would be interesting to chat with you.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Beldinaldur

I tried various permutations of your e-mail and none go through. Send me Feedback and include your e-mail address.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
.40 Smith and Wesson Glock 22?

Smith and Wesson and Glock are not the same gun they are both separate companies, separate guns

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 7 years ago
40 cal Smith & Wesson Glock 22

Dear anon. The Glock 22 chambered for the .40 S&W round.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ~ what BuzzCzar said ...

... and thank you, BuzzCzar.

James aka FinalStand

toesocks451toesocks451almost 7 years ago
so true

'if you couldn't find the prerequisite number of bullet holes in the target, everyone assumed the missing bullet had passed through one of the previous penetrations'

This line is so good.

My grandparents had a big yard and an air rifle, when we couldn't find all the holes in the target we also assumed it had gone through a previous hole. I know that it actually happened a few times because all the bullet were in the 'funnel' and one of the holes were extra-large, but most of the time we had just missed the target.

illwindillwindabout 6 years ago

Loving the story, but I gotta say there doesn't seem to be any change in the number of typos(a ton) whether the editors are present or not.

The story, thus far, is outrageously weird, uproariously funny, and disturbingly dark. Unfortunately, it is also in such dire need of a real editing that it borders on unintelligible at times.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
illwind ...

... yep. This was one of the reasons I added a second editor as the series progresses. I really hate these earlier mistakes.

James aka FinalStand

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years ago

So, I’m hooked. Your stories are hilarious, and frankly I love that the main character is a douche. If I were to say anything negative, it would *only* be that in writing dialogue, you break a character’s speech into separate paragraphs and it makes I very difficult to follow who is talking (you are only supposed to break to a new paragraph for a new speaking person). That is my only complaint! Otherwise, I love it❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The main characters stance and attitude on the Amazons behavior switches back and forth so much none can follow. His actions are even more erratic, making him a clear figment of imagination. Sad. The plot would have been amazing if the author put in some thought and work on the main character and not the harem building excursions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Two types of women find a man 'interesting' -- women who have to have you, and stalkers."

From personal experience, they're often one and the same. They're the ones that pursue you and stalk you after you've broken up or turned them down. This has happened to me multiple times and I (mostly) escaped by changing cars, moving, deleting old e-mail accounts, and completely abandoning social media. There's still one ex that shows up every now and then, but she's mostly harmless--just parks her car across the street and watches my parents' home for a while before leaving.

FinalStandFinalStandover 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous

I pity you. I really do. It is really hard to move on when your Ex is hanging around, trying to mess things up for you by doing and saying all sorts of outrageous things. I am glad to hear you have evaded most of them to date. Besides ... at least you are desirable, right? Even if it is by the crazy ones.

Take care and stay off the back of milk cartons,

James aka FinalStand

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Elsa is like the spider that kills its mate after breeding.

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1912 months ago

Not certain I trust Elsa. No complaints about style, etc. Enjoying the story.

skippersdadskippersdad9 months ago

That is some funny shit Cael is the man.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES