All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 16'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
freznelfreznelover 9 years ago
awesome

Great chapter. Next one please!

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
Plot twist from Hell!

This is one of the reasons I love your stories so. You veer in unexpected, but greatly satisfying ways. As always, I can't wait for the next one. A 5 star effort for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FUCK YES (metaphorical cumming in pants)

now that that's out of the way. I have love , loved and will continue to love this story. I so wish this were an anime or real live show. We as readers can see the stadium like room he is brought in, the bitch smack of a head house and Cael hand rubbing as he tries to decided on a his title, but a visual representation would still be nice. While this as possible as Cael dream to kill all amazons past a certain age, i, like him, will continue to dream and continue to see what happens to the rediscovered ghost amazon Cael.

PS. Someones going to summer camp!

postiemanpostiemanover 9 years ago
life as a new hire

you sir are a twisted genius, thank you!!

pariah001pariah001over 9 years ago
5 Stars!

One of the best chapters I've ever read on this site! Gonna have to re-read this story all over again from the beginning. Fantastic job as usual!!!

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Cael

Just simple Cael !

HibernisHibernisover 9 years ago
Splendid

Now this will make things interesting, that's for sure. Lots of fun to resolve from here though for Cael to stay alive though think you're a bit caught on the Cael (not) having sex with members of havenstoke as he's an intern.

Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this.

Patton_McGroinPatton_McGroinover 9 years ago
love this turn

Keep up this fun story and I love the new twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I lol'ed

Awesome...

BlanckaertBlanckaertover 9 years ago

I have a feeling.. that a lot of people as going to be so pissed, when this story ends.. I just hope it doesn't for a long time...

as another said, I LOL'd through it and at the same time saying oh shit this is gonna be so good. I was a little disheartened when this chapter ended.

Keep up the great the work!

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Continuation

Well, 17 should be out tomorrow and I'm currently working on Chapter 23. Things are looking up for this tale going on for some time. As for the twist - I wanted to move away from every action being a Sword hanging over Cáel's head. I wanted to transform the working relationship of Cáel with Katrina, now his equal, and Hayden, only the First among equals. I think this is really when the racism comes out. As on person once said - racism isn't being okay with a black man making as much money as you make, or living in the same neighborhood. Racism is your knee-jerk reaction when his son wants to date your daughter.

For many of the Amazons who were okay with the New Directive and bringing men into the Havenstone lifestyle, this is 'Crunch Time'. Now they have to deal with a man in a position of power and they don't like it DESPITE this being the inevitable conclusion of the New Directive - men with some level of authority. And it ain't over yet either.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 9 years ago
Bro... GREAT chapter

Man you did a great job on this one... My wife though I was nuts laughing so hard I almost cried.. I even called her pony lady once after I read that part.... LOL thank you AGAIN ...

jwoodiejwoodieover 9 years ago

Well, that sure came out of left field! It could have sounded as kitschy as the plot twists that Dustin Hoffman came up with in "Tootsie" to explain why he was a man in drag, but it didn't. Another masterful "Wait. How did that happen?" moment, and I'm looking forward to many more of them.

With all the women that Cáel has chasing him, determining who is the first daughter in House Ishtar may be rather a race. I'm reminded of the race for the throne in England that wound up with Victoria being Queen. I'm torn between Odette, Buffy and Aya being the mother. Ooh! Twins!

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
What a plot twist

This story is going in directions I never thought it would... as one person said, you think you are going one way, knowing Cael will use "Smart Ass" logic to get himself out of trouble, only to have it twist suddenly into a new direction. WELL DONE. I look forward to the next chapter, keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow what a mess that has made.

Talk about about dropping a match into a 1/3 empty gas storage tank at a fuel farm near an oil refinery. The sayin from a certan asian fellow..: May you live in interesting times.:..! Be it curse or promise fate will decied.. LOL.

Nice job so far keep it coming and long segments as well..

Ghost

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

You have done it again FinalStand. Love your work and this story. Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cool!

I've gotten in to the habit of checking for a new chapter at least once a day. I get so pumped whenever I see a new installment. Thanks, FS. Another great chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
That was a brilliant twist. Hooray!

Seeing the Amazon Bitches beaten by their own laws is awesome. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Quite bizzare - but great!

I am thoroughly enjoying the story. I don't understand parts of it, for which I am thankful, because then I would be as twisted as the author :).

Cael lives his life with such zest and at such a frenetic pace that it is exhilarating to just trail after him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How do you do what you do?

I swear, I don't think I've been this entertained by a story as much as this one does. I agree with a previous commentor, I'd definitely watch this if it were an anime or movie (very well done movie). Of course, reading your story is like watching a movie in my head. Love, love, love, love it. Going to be super sad when it ends. Thank you, FinalStand.

funkyguy09funkyguy09over 9 years ago
OMG amazing!

I've been reading this story for a long time now, always waiting for more, this is becoming really funny now :) Its extremely entertaining and i honestly can't wait for more, seriously FinalStand, u should just become an actual author and get published but continue using adult content in your stories. They are just so creative!.. and just.. really awesome, its hard to describe something when its so good because when u try to think of it u just end up thinking about parts of it and laughing again.. But seriously now, this has got to be the best story i have read in about half a year, keep up the amazing work! Also im sure if u did start to write stories in an actual book you would get published for sure!

Rawmaster60Rawmaster60over 9 years ago
5 Stars (Boring, I know!)

Okay I really think HBO needs to get in touch with you for a mini-series offer and give up on that boring and sexless, "Game Of Thrones." (Yes, George R.R. Martin, poor joke. I am huge fan)

Your blend your altered history and language with a very interesting and annoying lead character lets this story breath. The sex is good and the action is as action should be, the result of the conditions of the story, not the reason for the story.

I am also waiting for more chapters after missing the last three parts. I did read them all and salute you again. May your characters and the situation of your stories never be sane.

Thank you very much

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
blindfolded on a rollercoaster...

...(try it sometime. uhhmm,before lunch!) F_S you keep pulling rabid anthropogenic rabbits out of your hat to to surprise your devolved fans.

P.S. 'defenestration', loving it! I gotta work it into one of my stories as a way to get rid of an inconvenient character.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
I haven't commented on this series until now...

Just couldn't wait to get to the next chapter. This chapter is phenomenal - I never saw the twists and turns coming. Some fabulous one-liners as well. Fascinating and addictive series. He needs to stop wearing rubbers and start knocking up his harem.

your_hucklberryyour_hucklberryalmost 9 years ago
Damn

This chapter was phenomenal. I didn't see it coming. I cannot stress enough just how well done the turn was. Fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cool twist

sparks up the plot :)

StormtouchedStormtouchedover 8 years ago
Love this chapter

such a surprise is good for the soul and even though I'm on my 2ed reed through it still makes me laugh

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
6 Star Chapter

This one had it all. All the emotions, all the suspense, all the spirituality, all the sex, and (best of all) all the humor. Tnx Lyn

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 7 years ago
The best chapter

So much emotion from this chapter. To laughing my ass off to majestic wonderment. I absolutely loved this chapter.

Thanks for posting!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I fell off my chair laughing

thank you for your writing

toesocks451toesocks451almost 7 years ago

"It will take me some time to make arrangements...how do you want to be referred to now?" Katrina inquired. She meant as 'Cáel Nyilas', or 'Cáel Ishara'.

"Oh - oh, cool," I gleefully rubbed my hands. "Big Mack Daddy - no, wait - Big Chief No-Tits - no, wait - how about..."

This is my favorite exchange in the entire series though there are so many it is hard to choose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lolx3

Dude your writing is awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Writing comedy effectively is difficult; you seem to have a knack for it.

Your protagonist's irreverence is at just the right level. Any more would be overboard, any less would be hit and miss.

While the first chapter or two could use a re-write and the efforts of a collaborative editor, (not just a proof reader), the writing builds on the characters and grows as the chapters pass.

Very well done over all, and a delightful read.

Thanks for sharing your personal craziness and talent, and for all the work it takes to produce the finished product.

My regards,

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn

You're one funny motherfucker. Respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Way to funny

Awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Defenestration

I adore some of the names, Sievert caused me to lose soda water up through my nose. Sievert,, the ultimate 'hot stuff'. And being a builder of 50 years, defenstartion had me in helpless mirth. Long before Katrina's apt translation.

Succintly, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Better than Game of Thrones

Amazing plot twist - love the series 👍

Geon54Geon54about 4 years ago
Elsa's Gun

Since Hayden is present, WHY does Elsa hand Cael her loaded gun? Isn't having a weapon in one's hand in Hayden's presence a big no-no?

(No-Prize entry) Maybe the council chamber is exempt from that?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 4 years agoAuthor
Geon54 ...

First off, I sort of missed that.

My spin on things is this:

In this meeting, all members are equal - the High Priestess is simply first among equals. The House Heads and their Apprentices agree to go unarmed in order to show their peaceful intentions and trust in one another. Their house guard - and each house has two with them - are still armed in case the meeting is ever attacked from the outside ... as unlikely as that is in Havenstone Central. That means St. Marie is unarmed, but the SD are as they represent the house troops of both the SD and the High Priestess.

Cael, being unaware of this convention and without a House Guard is permitted, by Elsa in that split second, to go armed. She could have lectured him on the proper procedure, but that isn't in her. She allows Cael Ishara, in that instance, to be as armed as any other House in the room.

Could another member brought this up?

Sure, but most of them weren't tolerating him in the first place so him "being armed" meant nothing. Only when he threatened Messina's Apprentice did the issue come up and even then most members were equally appalled by Messina's accusation that Cael was a "pet monkey", not his possession of a firearm.

Most likely the Minerva House Guard (Messina's people) were equally appalled by the turn of events and the likelihood they would have drawn down on Cael if he actually shot their Apprentice would have been highly problematic. They were supposed to defend their leaders yet not supposed to engage in a meeting firefight. They were also aware of Epona House Guard, among others, would have not taken their intervention lightly - the shooting of a House Head (any House Head, even Cael). Thankfully St. Marie headed off the crisis before anything happened.

It was also very unusual of St. Marie to physically assault Messina thus Messina's surprise when it actually happened. Had things continued - Messina decided to call upon her House Guard to help her fight St. Marie - Hayden would have intervened. Again, St. Marie's actions were so 'out of the blue' everyone was caught off guard. St. Marie, lesson given, then retreated before Messina could escalate matters.

In later chapters, Buffy carries a gun because she is acting both as an Apprentice and House Guard (his spear and shield) since he doesn't have any ... until Juanita arrives.

I hope this helps. Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

3rd time around and this was and remain one of my favorite chapter. I like the way he go from life in captivity to head of a first house. His reaction to go against everyone opposing him and his house but keep been himself by lowering his gun when simply ask.

Also his quick thinking and getting 2 new members with him. His minor in sociology or psychology (don't recall from memory ) served him well.

Geeky

wdhill2wdhill2almost 3 years ago

This is my 4th? 6th? time reading this series, and the thing I like about this chapter is how you tease us with the Rhada rape fantasy, and almost make the whole trussing up of Cael as if that lead to his demise. Also, while re-reading this chapter I realised, he had sex with Yasmin after she'd been hired by Havenstone. Oops, he should really be relocated. Lol

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Fascinating plot and characters, each one an individual! Latest favorite? Pamela. One damn hot granny.

Outrageous situations? very frequently, but the situation never goes full Marx Brothers.

CheeachaserCheeachaserabout 2 years ago

Hahaha... Defenestration.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Love it, the logical progression to the story and l never saw it coming.

Well done, the plot can now go in so many directions. This is brilliant.

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

What did I know? Absolutely nothing. And now Cáel is head of an extinct house. A real story beneath all the pathos and humour. 5⛤

skippersdadskippersdad9 months ago

All Hail Cael. Wow great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Quirky cool. Love it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5300 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES