All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 31'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent work

The extra link to Ajax is looking nice: not sure about the Achilles connection, though.

Thank you, thank you, thank you (in case you don't get enough thanks).

Its on to Ch. 32!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"I overturned the bowel onto the punk's head." Sea, Eye halve a spelling chequer.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Where Wolf?

"Silver Anniversary" FS, that's gonna be a classic!

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Awesome

Like always just pure and simple awesome .

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Jokes, Banter and Chapter 32 (Nov. 23, 2014)

The Odette Vampire/Werewolf joke was submitted to me by a reader. I love it when readers suggest things like this for me to do. In Chapter 32, there is another reader suggested banter I've woven into the story. I finished 32 early this morning (2 am) and I hope to do my final edit before too long and have it to my editors and neer do wells by this evening. This chapter is much heavier on the dialogue, covers only part of a day ~ 11 am to 4 pm, and is 13,000 words - so good-sized. Once again, 'no sex' but it end with the foreshadowing of much sex for our hero.

jwoodiejwoodieover 9 years ago
Much sex for our hero, huh

So long as he keeps up with the not dying part of the plan, I do believe you're right!

This story is even better than your usual A+ material. Well done. If you're not already a published author, I recommend you take the plunge.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 9 years ago
great job

Man you are the best writer in this site.... cant wait for the next chapter

retread2retread2over 9 years ago
Addicted!!

Great writing, I'm already in withdrawal ...need next chapter.....

SilverSilhouetteSilverSilhouetteover 9 years ago

I have always being far more than fascinated with FinalStand's pieces. Being a conspiracy theorist always grants passage to a fantastic storyline and the powerful mindf*** that I get from reading FinalStand's work is just utter bliss for me....

I'll be waiting for whenever the new chapter spills from that shiny shaded artistic soul XD

Best Author Ever!!!! XP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Confused

I meant to leave this question in a much earlier chapter, but since the concept came up here again I'll ask now. I'm confused how Cael is head of house Ishara if this is a matriarchal society, when you've for the 2nd time (at least to my recollection) mention his father having a sister. Wouldn't she be the head? And thence there'd be no reason for the Amazon's to care about the murder of Cael's father?

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Cáel and the Ishara/Vranus bloodline

Back before the Second Betrayal, Isharan Amazons had male children. Some of those male children carried the Isharan genetic sequence with them so that their daughters COULD also Isharans, so the line was recognized. Not all Vranus daughters had the Isharan bloodline though all the males did. Then Vranus is sent into Transylvania with the Arinitti male children (who possessed the Arinitti genetic sequence). Vranus was a member of the Amazon Host. It was thought that he died fighting the last battles against the Celts. Instead, he died honorably, fulfilling his orders. That duty meant his children of the Isharan/Vranus bloodline were automatically members of the Host as well, down through the ages.

Current day, Cáel is of the Vranus bloodline, thus can possibly have Isharan daughters. Cáel's paternal aunt doesn't have the 'Vranus' genetic sequence, this doesn't qualify to be a member of House Ishara. Ferko, Cáel's Dad, did have it and technically should have been House Head. Not only was Ferko not part of Havenstone, Cáel's ascension happened so fast that Hayden and Katrina never had time to fix the issue. At Ferko's funeral, that is addressed by Cáel to his new inductees.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gun anatomy

I would advise that is you have a story about guns you should learn basic gun anatomy. Glocks do not have a hammer to cock

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Glocks

Several of my 'neer-do-wells' technical advisers have gotten on my about the Glock mistake already. Honestly, it was a question I never thought to ask, so the fault is mine. I even looked at several and didn't notice.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Excellent and Addictive Series

When I get done, I am going to re-read from chapter one and make a summary of the characters. Also I didn't realize that the Amazons were liekly real - there is a good summary on Wikipedia with many citations, some going back centuries. An example interesting quote is from the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica which built the case that the Amazons were beyond legend and were likely an actual culture. Makes me want to go to Hungary and trace out all of the places referenced (which of course would take years). Thank you FS for your excellent and intriguing story and the interesting characters you have developed and woven into the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good stuff but.

I'm not sure why but lately I supper dislike the dude in this. Good writing though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No offense....

but you don't "cock" a Glock G22; there's no external hammer: "Rather than using a traditional hammer, such as the Springfield 1911 employs, the Glock 22 is hammerless with an internal striker."

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... no offense taken. Some of my other readers have already taken me to task on the issue. I aim for as much realism in my fantasies as possible so when I make a technical mistake, I don't mind being called out on it. I live and learn. I even brought up something else I was educated about due to my 'Glock mistake' here in another story. An expert hands a novice a 'Glock-like' pistol and she has to explain to him the oddities of the design (One in Ten - Chapter 11).

Thanks for your comment.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Question...

Why would you throw a bowel? Once you rip someone's intestine out, the shock of seeing something so disturbing would have stunned them long enough for Cael to do whatever he wanted (and your victim would be too busy screaming to do anything after that other than bleed-out.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

Hardy, har, har ...

He meant to throw them a vowel (to utterly baffle them), but all he had on hand was a bowl, so he ended up with with a mish-mashed projectile ~ the bowel. Such is life for the hungry in Hungary ... I suppose ... or is that propose?

James aka FinalStand

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

This story is such an adventure. This is my second time reading it and I left just enough time between reads to still be surprised.

5 stars but only because that’s the most I can give.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Just sometimes Cael is a complete idiot with no regard for his own life and the lives of those around him.

I realise he is guided by the Goddess but sometimes he should be more responsible and careful with the lives of those who trust him.

I get the feeling he doesn’t.

4/5 because of my disquiet with him

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5295 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES