All Comments on 'Lift'

by StoryTeller07

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AeroielAeroielalmost 13 years ago
I wonder....

Is Nora really UK posing as a Yank??

"It's too late now for false manners! (A quote from Nora)

The Yank version would have been "false modesty"

Am I nit picking?? No.....just having a little fun. I'm sure the point

about the phrase is arguable but I just couldn't help getting just a little Yank payback.

I enjoyed your story very much.

BTW: I am Yank but by my ancestry is 2/3 British Isles (Bartholomew, Rice, Gleason) with a little German thrown in there (Zimmerman) through marriages....typical for USA American immigrants circa 1750's.

StangStar06StangStar06almost 13 years ago
Great story

Loved it!

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 13 years ago
hmmm

If Nora was an American, she quickly forgot it -- "24-hour lift service"? Also... why didn't either of them have a cell phone to call for help? And every elevator has some kind of alarm; I don't think they ever tried one. Even if there's not a 24-hr service, the phone should go to the front desk and they could call someone. Sorry, logic flaws like that get me.

StoryTeller07StoryTeller07almost 13 years agoAuthor
Logic?

It's just a story but here's what happened. The story obvioulsy started after they tried everything and failed to get help. The woman wouldn't have started getting undressed otherwise, would she? The lift had completly failed due to a power failure and the phone hardly ever works on that lift (a Fiat 375). She was going to a meeting in the morning (not jet lagged and wouldn't have been staying at a cheap hotel after flying out from the states) so been working in England for awhile - so had picked up our bad habits.

I've wroked in Ohio and California and travelled a lot in the US and love the people and country, but obviously get the language nuances wrong when carried away quickly writing.

Logic? Don't take any notice of Spok in Star Trek. There is no such thing as Logic in real life. Don't mean it as a joke. Logic is merely a mathamatical tool it can't even be applied in other sciences. We say it is logical when we mean it is reasonable or obvious or connected or common sense.

Logic refers to yes or no, on or off, x = 9 the expression or word can't honestly be used as Sherlock Holmes did. That's just not logical Dr. Watson.

Clear? Probably not, so just read and enjoy. Thanks for writing, every word is encouragement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wrong category

I don't see why it was placed in romance, it was an erotic coupling and i didn't find it that erotic, perhaps because she was a rude and bossy bitch.

DesireeFoxDesireeFoxalmost 11 years ago
Sweet and sentimental

It was fun, I can see them ending up at the airport, and their flight is canceled, they end up last in line for lodging and end up together. Then getting to have a little more fun, in a more comfortable setting, she ends up pregnant with twins

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
nice story

but hardly a romance

readergeereadergeeover 6 years ago
Improvements

The stories are very good, but the grammatical errors destroy the flow. A proofreader is indicated to allow your stories to be a more enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice story.

Since when is 32 older in a woman? She is just getting started. At his age, 52 or 62 would be classified as older. Other than that which makes the author sound like a very young kid (18 of course), It was a good story to read. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStoryTeller07@StoryTeller07
When you send an email enter an email address for a reply. I will often write a story by request. You will find more of my stories on Smashwords, by Gary Bingham Thank you to all on Literotica for the opportunity to publish stories and for readers comments as that has improv...