Light of Dawn Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I... I used to," Jeff said. Dawn touched his arm as he faltered.

"That's what I want to do. My dad said he'll teach me how if I get better."

If. Jeff could see patches of skin amongst the child's reddish-blond hair.

After Dawn explained that Jeff was not only a Choteau Knight, he was also the star quarterback, Tyler was more than eager to add one more signature to his ball. They even tossed it around a bit, before the nurses discovered Jeff was out of bed. When he saw the smile on the little boy's face and the way he clutched the football all the tighter, Jeff knew that Dawn had been right all along. Kindness might not cure cancer, but it helps to know someone cares.

"I talked to Liza," Dawn said as they reached Jeff's room. "I think she's in love with you." Dawn started to make the cot, but Jeff stopped her. He thread their fingers and guided her to his bed.

"Did you tell her it was too late, that I was already in love with the prettiest girl at Choteau?"

Dawn's freckled cheeks went pink so he kissed each one. He kissed her lips. She plopped on the bed and he plopped next to her. Placing his hand on her clenching stomach, he kissed her mouth. The room had no door. Anyone could walk in at any moment: the nurse, the doctor, Liza, Dad. Still, they kissed.

Dawn whined against his lips and felt the tent raising beneath the thin hospital gown. As lost in the moment as he was, Jeff realized they were not home yet. She breathed heavily after the kiss ended. They held one another, presenting as innocent a picture as two adults lying in bed were capable of.

"Jeff?" He hadn't realized he was dozing until she spoke his name. He blinked to force coherency. She touched his face, tracing every bruised contour. When she reached his reset nose she lightly rubbed the red knot that had formed.

Unless he had plastic surgery the knot would remain there forever. It wasn't so bad, kind of like a battle scar. It would be a constant reminder of everything he'd sacrificed, and for whom he'd sacrificed it.

"Jeff, I'm sorry." Her soft green eyes were damp. "I'm so sorry." His big hands found the small of her back. He pulled her close and kissed the crown of her red head. "You lost everything because of me."

He touched her chin and forced her to look at his bruised face. "I gave up everythingfor you." He pronounced the last two words carefully, so there would be no doubt. The corner of his mouth lifted in a quarterback's smirk. "Just don't ask me to do it again."

Dawn tickled his ribs and smiled that irresistible dimpled smile. She kissed him again, and this time they didn't stop until the nurse returned, cleared her throat, and announced that Jeff was free to go home.

The End

For those of you that read and enjoyed Light of Dawn, the story does not end here. Light of Dusk, the four chapter sequel, will be posted to Literotica very soon.

Please rate my story below. As always your comments are encouraged.