All Comments on 'Like We Used To'

by SAbitch

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Love how your story was in cape town sa.awesome job. Hope to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I loved your story so much but i really didn't like the ending.. I hoped shae n Raegan end up together.. And even if they couldn't i hoped Rae end up with another girl not with kelly,, coz i disliked kelly she kept shae away from Rae and she said she always loved Rae,,how so? If she always haved loved Rae then why she left her for carly..i really didn't like the ending.. Hope there is more chapters of this.. P.S still you are one of my fav writers..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
AMAZING!!!

Amazing story,life doesn't always have a happy ending....

idrubloodidrubloodover 11 years ago
Not how I thought it would end.

However reality trumps the fairytale. The hero doesn’t always get the dream girl but somehow finds love in the end and Reagan did.

Good writing, good read, keep it up but tell your editors to be careful, a few typos slipped through that were noticeable.

Keep up the great writing.

IDB.

Qui3t0n3Qui3t0n3over 11 years ago
what the fuck

is that shit all about? but i like it cause its true.good shit keep doin ya thing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It had to end like this?

Fairy tales are for dreamers,true. But the true lover like Raegan must get someone who'se going love her. Not anyone like Kelly who time to time runs away for Rae's 'moodiness' or utilises both Rae n Carly.

Hope,there'll more chapters.

Great work! Keep it going!:)

ihatejanestreetihatejanestreetover 11 years ago

Hope there's more to come. Rick works for the UN, Rae and Kelly are in the States. Perhaps they can emigrate too. . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love the ending!!!!

"Stupid fight...stupid title" If its important to Raegan it should be important or at least understandable to Shae. I mean Rae does her best to make her happy, at least be supportive. Her lost, Rae's gain.

BugattiTBugattiTalmost 11 years ago

Never thought it would end like this. Good job as for.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
Liked It

Actually liked the ending. The romantic in me wanted Rae and Shea to get together, but Shea wasn't strong enough to be true to herself, and is in a marriage that will probably fail because she is miserable over losing the love of her life. And Rae, while missing her, is realistic enough to be happy with what she has, even if it isn't her dream girl.

verbicideverbicideabout 10 years ago
Bravo

While in a few ways, this story was a tragedy, it was also painfully realistic. Who among us hasn't had to move on from a doomed romance? Everyone remembers their first love and often a bittersweet sort of longing is intertwined with those memories, but life goes on and sometimes what you long for, isn't what's best for you. I loved it. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Casey 1988

I think the story was relateable to the readers. We all had The One get away and we wish for a second chance. I know I do.

The way you split the story with the fight and the wedding and then brought them back together was well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You sure know how to write the love stories, SAbitch. I loved this one too.

QRD23QRD23over 7 years ago

I absolutely love all your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kani deeli...

You write fantastic stories... however i must skip. Being based in South Africa takes away from the fantasy part for me. Keep on writing... your stories are easy to read and easy to connect with . X from another SAbiatch ;)

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

This following copy from your text is so extraordinary beautiful

"It's the way she fits into my arms, the softness of her skin, the way she smells and always takes too long to get ready. How she hardly ever believes me when I say she looks beautiful, the way her hair falls around her face when she sleeps and how utterly beautiful she is when she cries. The softness of her lips against mine when we kiss and how she always knows what I am thinking. It's the small things like how her eyes would sparkle when you do something special or how she would complain about nothing in particular to get a hug. The way she seeks comfort when she's had a bad day and the way that simply seeing me brightens her day"

This is worth 100 stars or more ...... So perfect so lovely so marvelous

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’βœ¨

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

I think the fractured ending, switching between what was to be and what was never to be, was a huge distraction from the true ending that would have been more than powerful enough to be heart-rending.

The flip-flop of the ending caused the reader to become distracted from the actual story, focusing on the writer's antics, rather than the actual story as it eventually unfolded. For me, it muted what would otherwise be a bittersweet ending. As presented, I felt numb rather than broken-hearted.

To me, the whole ending (either one of them) felt more like reader manipulation than a genuine desire to tell the best story. It felt arrogant on the part of the writer, not trusting the readers to be smart enough to feel the depth of the real ending without being manipulated.

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Reread.

This time the ending(s) didn't jar me as badly.

But it still didn't come across as particularly bittersweet or sad.

This time around I noticed: what happened to Carly?

All in all, I'm ambivalent about the ending. We already knew Shae was a bitch moron. She just proved it again.

But … moving to America? Bad idea!

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

Another good story!

Life/love is cruel sometimes, whether in reality or a story! But that's life!

Everyone has "If Only" moments!

Thank you for your stories!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous