All Comments on 'Limbo Ch. 01'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO

and then there are the coconuts. TK U MLJ LV NV

creammakercreammakerover 9 years ago
5*****

You're one of my fave writers here LaRas. Good to see you writing once more. Wish you will finish "Living with Katrina". HNY!

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 9 years ago
Damn the poor guy got a raw deal

He was working towards a good and stable life for both him and his wife (possibly children too) but she got selfish and impatient, so when a shortcut to life on easy street presented itself she just took it. I don't think I'm alone in hoping her meal ticket doesn't work out, but the main thing here is I'm hoping Ethan makes it out okay.

The story is very interesting so far and could go in some different ways, just don't make us wait way too long in between installments. Oh and a nice look into the ex's possible messed up life would be entertaining.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
Excellent story

terrific so far. I could hear my heart beating when he confronted Zoe! I loved how Ethan actually listened to the excuse that Zoe gave. Many authors leave the audience in the dark as to what the offender would have said if given a chance. I like to know what might have been said to the jilted party. That is more information that could be useful. Great writing!! I look forward to reading more. Thank you *****

ChagrinedChagrinedover 9 years ago
I Liked it!

Some surprises here. A pretty good depiction of a man torn to sheds. Good Job! i can't wait for chapter 2!

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Wow, the pain

An excellent first chapter, hope the rest of the tale is just as good. An easy 5 * * * * *

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Great!

Great story so far. The plot is really holding my attention. I haven't read anything this original here in a while.

IdiotsavantIdiotsavantover 9 years ago
Excellent Beginning

Great start to what can become a masterpiece. Just one question though, Who's Val? Ethan never mentioned him/her before the next to the last sentence. Would to see this story from Zoë's viewpoint.

Thank you for your hard work.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago
Limbo

This story has a lot of potential ,even to some point the side of zoe is understandible,many doctors and medical personel face the same situation and i know personally doctors and nurses who ended up in the same position

Please larascasse go on with your story at the same level of exellence

StellaStoriesStellaStoriesover 9 years ago
One of my favorite lines:

"Hate to break it to you, but you're in one of those stories as we speak."

Good stuff, guy!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Waiting To See If More

I'm tempted by the good comments, but I'm not going to read a 4 page Chapter 1 with no idea when to expect Chapter 2, etc.

Looking forward to checking it out when more complete.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
No Excuse

No matter how you cut it she had no fucking excuse. Bitch.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 9 years ago
Very good!

5 *. Don't take too long before the next chapter!

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Excellent Story

But Zoe's actions are confusing. If she had decided to move on and that she wasn't in love with Ethan anymore and didn't want anything from him, why not just leave? Why was she still so affectionate and loving (including sexually)? I wonder if this is one of those stories where she might have wanted to try to make it work, but was convinced he would never do it so she just cut it off? Something doesn't really add up.

Not that it matters. She's a total bitch and I hope she winds up like Linda.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
Agree with some comments.

Zoe seemed to want to move on, so why did she stay so affectionate to her husband? This was a nice beginning, but the marriage has already ended, before we even have a second chapter. History of this genre indicates that either Zoe will be back to torment him some more, or he will marry someone new and either be deliriously happy, or enter a new level of hell.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
An amazing story, more honest than most. I hope you write her story.

Men cheat because they want sex, women cheat because they want love. Your story illustrated that better than most and I hurt for both of them even though she cheated in him with another man, he left his wife for his career. Not justifying her actions but understanding them.

I am confused though, if she was no longer "in love" with him, why not divorce him? Why not try counselling? Why the deceit? Why prolong the pain? Why make love to him? Why was she hurt when he discovered them?

I hope you write her story. I look forward to it.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Whackdoodle

I pretty much agree with most of your comments, especially the second paragraph. But I don't agree that Ethan left the marriage for work. He was a doctor, building a career in his 20s. That's when people work hard and if your wife loves you, she supports that, she does't seek a new partner. And she didn't do it for love. She did it for money. she did it for a childhood dream of being a little princess. And you know what they call women who do it for money, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Welcome to LW 4 stars but could be better

You are a good writer and several notches better than most of the current writers in this category but this one misses. The doc and his wife have been married their entire adult life. They were high school sweethearts. It seemed until the breakup, doc hadn't had sex with anyone but his wife. Then when he finds out about her affair he fucks the PI who told him, the first bartender he talks to and some skank from a support group. Not likely. You had the doc being hit on even before the cheating was revealed without him cheating.

We know more about the PI than his wife. She used "overtime" to excuse her absences. Doc wasn't the only one who was away from home. Wife decided to fuck her lover after a fancy dinner right next to the banquet she chose not to attend with her husband. You need to focus more on the marital relationship and their communications in this category.

I don't know what you have planned for the future chapters but you have given the readers no reason to root for reconciliation. The wife comes across as a selfish bitch whose only value is that she is a good fuck. I think you could have done better.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
I have to agree with @ nonethewiser...

I have to agree with @ nonethewiser...Why do we need to know her part? She said it all: Se had the dream to be rich and live the beautiful life of the rich? And I agree that happening to her what happened to Linda was the best for his life!!! We have to know more about him and about this Val, that only showed up in the last phrase...

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Heartfelt story

This story perfectly illustrates the honesty that goes into a cheating spouse. More often than not, women cheat because they have found someone who they feel that they can relate to more than the husband. They normally don't cheat because the guy has a bigger dick. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but it is the exception, not the rule. In this case, the math was simple. The other guy was there when the husband wasn't. It's the conundrum of being a successful person. You have a wife who is proud of your success, yet they resent having you chase your success more than them. The thing that they love most about you (ambition) is the thing that they resent the most.

Most people are wondering why she was still affectionate toward the husband. She gave the answer. She still loves him. She is in love with the other guy, but she still loves her husband. He is still the guy that she fell in love with all those years ago. He hasn't changed. She did. The part of her that married him still loves him, but the part of her that has changed is in love with the new guy. I don't think she is a selfish bitch. Yeah this situation is fucked up and she is not blameless, but she isn't a selfish bitch. She is someone who made a wrong choice that may be irreversible. Will she regret it? Absolutely. No one makes a choice like this and goes unscathed. Our choices always come back to present themselves at a later date. Good or bad, choices have results.

I would love to hear things from her point of view also. The internal struggle that she endured while she went through this period will be worth the read alone. What does she feel now? Relief? Regret? Sadness that her marriage is over? Does this affect the love that she has for the new guy? Are they happy or apprehensive about their future?

Great start to a heartfelt story. Can't wait to read the rest. 5 stars.

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Sounds familiar

And it still hurts, but very rarely these days. So realistic that it was worrying.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
@Javmor79

You seem to think she will be with Milo. I didn't assume that at all. I am figuring Milo is married. He is certainly a player. If he is single, why are they meeting in a hotel? She acknowledges that he took advantage of her. If Milo was available and wanted her, why did Zoe keep the apartment until the end of the lease?

vazkor13vazkor13over 9 years ago
@javmor79

I completly agrre with you !!

I read 2 or 3 months ago a statistic, in FRance, that said that people who got divorced to be with someon else, regret their previous live after just 2 years, or at least did not find an improvment.

Anyway a great story very powerfull and emotionnal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a 4 IMHO

I agree that it is overall good. Detail where none was needed, to little detail when the story left you out in left field.

One punch to the SOB who took his wife wasn't near enough.

I will read the next chapter. .

MCPO Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I AM CONFUSED

Who is this Val he is calling? Did I miss something?

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

For starters of the finish, get the hell out of the Big Apple. Go west of the Mississippi. Forget the slut (easier said than done). Join a gym or work out in a hospital PT facility. See a psychologist. Quit the juice - forever. Cheers!

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
great story

great writing so far. makes you feel all the emotions that go with a marriage and how you can be blind to how the other ones sees things. keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

I hope this is not the end of his story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

looks like another chapter is in the works

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Good

It's already probably the best story that has popped up on here in many weeks. I did find the Dr. Seuss quote ironic, though, because unless I am mistaken his wife killed herself because he planned to divorce her to be with another woman.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
We have to read the rest of the story!

This opening chapter has a lot of interesting people and happenings, but now comes Val!

My feeling is that Val is his sister. Remember he says that both his father and his sister would tell him that they told him so. They must have been against the marriage originally. I was interesting to have bring up his father when he felt that he had been abusive to the women of the family.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Good capture of being cheated on and dumped

Now let us see him get over it, move on, and end up with something better than a cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very good story, looking for chapter 2

He puts his wife thru nursing school only to get dumped by her, he lets it end quietly after all those years. No pushback. Or payback, gets depressed and sinks to a new low ,now it's time to rebuild himself. It is a shame Zoe got off so easily, hope to hear more about her in chapter 2. Now we all know a life well lived is the way to go. Waiting for chapter 2 . Don't take to long , so I do not have to reread the opening chapter again. Thank you for this entry in the loving wife catergory. P.s he should have gotten back at her some way to embarrass her adulteress behavior all for a better life , I hope her lover dumps her.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
Pretty good

There were a number of problems with their marriage:

1 High school sweethearts, maybe OK pre 1970, but now adays not such a good idea as too much change is coming, and who you both are as teenagers, may not be who you become as adults.

2 After the deprivation of years of college and grad school, and especially for for medical students, it's a hell of a grind that is at it's worst in residency. He probably never spent all that much time with her (he didn't have the time, I get it) and in residency it dwindled to next to nothing.

3. Idyl hands are the devil's workshop. She had tons of time, lonely time on her hands, and her youth was slipping away. Children were still years off, and she was not living very well. Love has an uphill struggle in such cases.

4 Adventuresome, luxurious lifestyle better than she had dreamed of, was hers for nothing, really. So she enjoyed it, embraced it. With little sexual experience (high school sweethearts). here was turbo charged erotic sex, beyond her experience, vs stay in a cheap apartment waiting for her husband to stumble in the door fart, shit and shower collapsing in bed in snoring exhaustion. Even on vacation, a distant memory, sex with him was dull, mundane, compared to what she was experiencing now.

5 So the promise of the future is not so great, when the present can be so much better than the imagined future with the husband. There was affection in her for him, and some little hope for them, but the light of love was fading with accelerating speed because they had done so little to keep it alive. Divorce him, why bother? Why should she close a door before she had to? And maybe it was better for her husband, let him keep the illusion of "home" until he had the time and energy to absorb the blow.

Married to young, too little attention to the marriage, uneven work load for too long, all bad things fo a marriage.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So she was In love with two men

Is that why she gave him as much sex as he wanted , yet was having an affair with another , strange behavior if you ask me. But have seen worst case senerios . It took him a long time to put her cheating together, we did not get enough information about her affair and her lover , who is suppose to be rich and give her a better life. These were childhood sweethearts, so she whored herself out , yet he is making a good living as a medical professional yet she could not wait for the payoff. Pity! Let's the next chapter explain some more and he seems to be getting his shit together after this tragic turn of events to his mental makeup. The ball is now in this writers court.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
good so far

i dont like to review before the whole story comes out so ill just say you got my interest. lets see how he does. plus i hope his ex has some shit coming her way.

sammyveesammyveeover 9 years ago
Dis-jointed

Sorry, didn't like it. Started good, then went off in too many directions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Confused

The story starts off OK but it gets very confusing when they get to the last chapter.

Going too many directions. No continuity to the story. I hope the next chapters clear things up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nope, usually love your writing, was dismayed when I saw your name come up in this category, turned in to a cuck writer? Please don't have them reconcile. Also this went in to many directions in the first chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done so far

I liked this story so far. I really can't wait to read more. Some perverse part of me hopes Zoe gets it in the end. She seemed like a selfish brat to me. Maybe have her new man cheat on her and treat her like Linda was treated. Maybe even have the guy be Linda's former husband...just some spit balling here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
worst shit

ever. never thought you need trash to make a drama work. far overdone the last scenes. minus 10 if possible

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
JAVMOR how is loving 2 men NOT selfish.?

most of the time you make reasonably intelligent comments. But in this case you sound like a fucking idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

Crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting start

Interesting premise-the MD early in career who lives/eats/breathes at hospital-loses his nurse wife to the fantasy of an older, wealthier investment banker.

Guy emotionally goes to pieces, has some experiences-and hopefully finds his way back.

another type of New York stories ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved it

Truly interested to see where you go with this. You have taken up the void left over from many quality writers who no longer submit stories in this genre. Look forward to the rest of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Some of you readers....

want everyone in a box. life is complicated, and the author did a great job with this. cant wait to read the next chapter. Zoe likes sex. She also played both ends while enjoying thrill of cheating, while still having sex with her husband. Who knows what man she was thinking about. To those anon commentors that have only "crap" to comment.....GFYourselves. This is good writing IMHO. 5*

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
good start

Slighty disjointed and a few weak points but a very good start.

I don't care to read the wife's story after all we already know her side. What I want to read about is Ethan's reclamation; how he rebuilds his life, his confidence and his faith in people particularly women. If he finds another woman fine. I know ending up with a younger smarter better wife is a LW trope but if Ethan doesn't end up with one that would be fine also. As long as he has put the past aside and is moving forward that is what we need to see.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
I'm kind of fuzzy on the "I love you with all my heart but I'm no in love with yoy

So I'll continue to stay married to you but screw around with someone I am in love with" excuse. Does that make it all right? If she loved him that much she wouldn't have cheated on him. If she loved someone else she would have divorced hubby. He should have hit her in the stomach too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How much you care to bet that Zoe isn't through with him yet?

Just asking.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Wow

What an excellent tale so far. That fucking worthless cunt Zoe. I'm sure eventually he will be glad he's rid of her. Interesting quirks during the tale. Waiting for the next chapter...

Five Big Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well, it sure went places I never expected.....

......it is also very well written and edited.

Thank you to you both for your excellent efforts.

Not a new story, just an interesting version of a very old one.

You might just be one of the few contributors to this forum capable of delivering something truly game-changing.

We can't change the realities of cheating and cheaters. We can change the realities we create from the ashes.

So, forgiven that this isn't a totally new creation. It turns out they are very hard to come by.

Accepted that in telling this story, you're acknowledging the age old condition. Granted, my thanks for doing it so well, and with interesting turns to keep it....well, interesting.

I for one, am looking forward to more.

Any errors or omissions in this comment are my fault alone.....my editor quit in disgust when she found out I stayed with my wife after I caught her with her new boyfriend. And my explanation of my three families spread across the Americas did nothing to persuade her that I had anything at all to contribute. But the divorce I'm finally going through is a blast!

Maybe I'll write something about it when it's finally over. She's going nuts right now, because they can't find any assets to seize, I've declared bankruptcy and am at the mercy of a lovely young lady that is two and half months pregnant with my ninth child. Not to worry, all are well cared for....all except the whore and her DNA-challenged offspring she still claims are mine, despite what the science has taught me. She's still furious over the suits I brought against her boy-toys for recovery of expenses while raising two of their little bastards. Both fathers are pretty well off....well not quite so much, now that their own wives have sued for divorce and separate maintenance......ahhh, so much to do, so little time.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Looking at your history, your stories have high marks

but this one is not going to get them. Decent setup, but a bit chaotic with the introduction of the heroin-and the breakup was a bit quick for a 10 yr marriage. She didnt love him, wow, that hurts, all because she wanted the high life. How could she be so duplicitous and continue to make love to him while cheating-that does hurt. So that part of the tale was very good.

As always the rest of the story is important to the score, but this is a 3 to reflect the fact it is a decen setup, but not the greatest we have ever seen in a serial story on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Ok well this one failed. Not impressed at all and I usually like your stories. This was not one of your better efforts imho!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
One possible outcome

No one has mentioned how hubby fucked Zoe up against the wall after she returned from her lover that night. Will we find out she's pregnant with her ex's baby? It's been done in other stories and really complicates things. But maybe not, she should have been 'showing' at the final divorce hearing, but there was no mention of such. Guess we need to wait to find out. I hope it's not too long. Four stars.

tae352001tae352001over 9 years ago
The grass is never greener

If this story continued, I am betting Zoe will discover that her lover was never rich, and never upper class. Perhaps a man that saved his nickels and dimes and works the travel business which allows him the fancies of 5 star hotels for next to nothing, all because he researches and grades the hotel and its accommodation's. The irony is, Zoe wanted the good life, while all along her good husband the doctor was it, a flower waiting to bloom and soon enough his rise in the medical profession would pay off and as we all know Doctors and Lawyers are what daughters are told to marry. I am sure Ethan will find Zoe at his hospital wanting to talk, wanting a second chance wanting to reclaim what she tossed away when the reality of her so-called rich prince was nothing more than a fake toad. The last laugh will be on Ethan when he politely smiles and walks away telling her, that road is closed and there is no going back.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
Continue with Zoe's Story Too

At least one comment suggested ignoring Zoe in the ongoing story. Please don't. I want to see her little fantasy blow up in her face. Have her new lover arrested for laundering money for the Mob or funneling funds to terrorists. Good start -- 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have seen this story played out on TV

This or a real life drama was played out on a relationship TV showl, same or almost same, except not a doctor but a normal white collar guy. His wife had dreams she never shared, first class, ivory, and gold life style. She met someone that sadly recognized her day dreams and played upon them and played the part. When she was caught in her adultery, the divorce too was quick but then turns out her prince charming was a con and a liar. The ex wife had the terrible knack to try to gain support in order get back her old marriage. Why? the ex husband received a huge promotion and salary and quickly became a millionaire within his corporation. Happily to say she did not get what she wanted and had to see first hand when the ex husband walks in with a new fiancé and being younger did not help her chances either. Ch2 should be about Zoe, but, I would like to see her fail or fall just as hard.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Vulcan in ohio

Totally uncontested divorce in NY can be as fast as 4-6 weeks. So, the possible pregnancy idea is valid.

I maintain that the boyfriend is married. If not, why a hotel? Why didn't zoe move in with boyfriend after split?

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
A good first submission to this section.

I see you write mostly novels, or I assume long, long stories. I'll scan some and see if anything catches my eye. I give this one 5 *'s. I like conflict in these cheating wife stories.

You need to get your money back from Bramblethorn if any was exchanged. I caught a few blatant errors, that should have been corrected.

I'm like one of the others who submitted a comment. Give Zoe's story concurrent with Ethan's. It will make it better to fill up voids in the complete story.

But also, I think the good doctor will have problems with the hospital being caught naked in a drug den with dead over doses. That might effect his career. Please give us Ch. 2 as soon as you can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Like the dialogue. Okay plot. I mean H.S. sweet heart, college, and med. school. Then she pulls the plug! Doesn't make much sense. She is about to reach the gold mine.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Gave you 3*s. I am

AMerryMan

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Ok, you've set the hook...

...reel it in! Bring on Ch. 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Better than average Lit story

But it did need better proof reading. Several times I noticed sentences with mixed past and present tense in them. That broke the flow of reading the story as I tried to figure out if you were describing a memory or what was happening right then. And a time or two you used words that I don't think meant what you thought they did. Like "the room see-sawed and fulminated before him". Did it explode violently? I think you probably meant something more along the lines of "it wobbled" or "wavered" - something like that to indicate that he was dizzy.

In spite of that, it was still much better than average - please continue on with this story. I will be watching for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

You wrote a good 1st chapter where is the rest? Did you write it? Has it been submitted? Are we going to wait forever?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Good in parts

but in places the plot and story line seem too extreme. Will need to see the rest to provide a definitive opinion.

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
unromanticisd (sp)

Harsh, more what I would expect from adultery, than loving wives. I would of loved to put the locket on the dinner bill when he recognized her with him. Our hero has escaped one problem, I guess we will havemore to get to a better future.

Good writing, bring our brother home.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
it's like the jumble puzzle in the newspaper

the letters are all there, you just have to sort them out and put them in the right order. but I think this puzzle had a few too many letters.

Linda and the drug scene was too far over the top for me.

I kept thinking back to Callie and the conversation in the O.R. Why did she just disappear from the story? Sophie and Jade were interesting side trips. but

who is the Val he called at the end?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More.

Soon.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving it

five stars. Wonderfully written. Tons of characters though. I will have to skim back to see who Val is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This was bad...

and you should feel bad.

Yeesh. This is something a 13 year old would write thinking they're the next Rowling. Bad, just plain bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to anonymous-this is bad

Can you do better? Let's see you do better? Why not explain what is bad about this story? I can understand now why anonymous comments are taken with a grain of salt. Most of them are absolutely worthless.

Good story author. You not only write well, but write an interesting tale that holds ones attention.Now on to chapter two with anticipation. Good job. 5* (ML)

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Not Bad, Could Have Been Better

Why didn’t he go into the restaurant and confront them? If he says anything now, she’ll just deny it.

I don’t understand why he didn’t beat the shit out of Milo, paying particular attention to his balls, a little rearranging of Zoe’s face wouldn’t be out of line, either.

And how he can still be in love with her is beyond me.

I agree with nonethewiser, if she wasn’t in love with him anymore, and wanted the good life quicker, she owed him a divorce BEFORE cheating with Milo.

@Whackdoodle, most LW stories would disagree with your statement, “women cheat because they want love.” One of the most common statements here by cheating LW’s, is “I don’t love him/them, it’s YOU I love, this is just sex.”

Anonymous “Welcome to LW” raises an interesting question: Didn’t she know where the fund raiser was being held? Wouldn’t she avoid any restaurants in the area?

If I’m not mistaken Milo seemed surprised at her saying, “That’s my husband.” Maybe he didn’t know she was married (though wedding ring should have been a giveaway, presuming she was wearing it), maybe he’ll feel differently about her – she cheated WITH him, she may cheat ON him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sweet

I found it sweet and heartfelt, all these negative comments are just people too numb to know what emotions are.

cpetecpeteover 9 years ago
Geat breaking the 3rd wall

As another poster pointed out this fine line

"And I thought it happened only in Loving Wife stories on Literotica."

"Well," said Jade with a broad grin. "Hate to break it to you, but you're in one of those stories as we speak. So, do you plan to take them up on their offer?"

Great line and great story. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gave it a 2

The story degenarated into a fuck a thon for the main character. Hell, sounds like divorce is working out well for him, unlike in the real world. Didn't bother finishing the first part, and no interest in part 2.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago

So this is one of those stories where a good thing happens: I get more worried about the characters as people and less about the writing. This means the writer is doing their job and I am not being distracted by plot or prose issues. So when it comes to the characters - well of course you really feel for the guy. he's just trying to be a stand-up guy, and here comes the wife focused on a dream of money, which will of course never make her happy. Interestingly enough, with each person his dick slipped into, I was kind of expecting a relationship to ensue, where for the most part there were one-offs, like the girl at the rave and the bartender. I did like that mention of the prosthetic leg at the end there. Nice touch. No, I don't have an amputee fetish, LR, so just shush. I just liked that it didn't come up until right when you were seeing the last of that character. Like it was the least important thing about her, and says a lot about your protag. Or who knows, maybe he was just too drunk to notice at first, hehe. But yeah, Limbo indeed. Disclaimer: I read both chapters back to back on the Lit app on my phone, and am now commenting later on my laptop, so I may have a fuzzy memory of exactly what happened in each chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved it

Loved the story. Can't wait for more from you in this venue. I'm also going to read some of your other works. Very good author

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Good Story***

Very interesting read, Thanks for sharing something a little different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Worthless

Shit

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
One complaint

The very end seemed to be abrupt and an incomplete ending.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
All I can think of is Jonestown

and Kool-Aid.

not an erotic image

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Correction of my comment

When I wrote my first comment about the ending if this story, I didn't realize there was a chapter 2. Overall a very good story.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 8 years ago
Excellent story of a man reclaiming his life after betrayal

Ethan seemed a bit unreal though as the ultimate nice guy, but not beyond reason. I thought a little too much emphasis was placed on Ethan’s problems, when clearly Sam had overcome greater loss. However, in the end they seemed a great couple and a fine way to conclude the story.

Thank you for the enjoyable read and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a fucking sissy!

No wonder the heartless Cunt left him. Just another Pathetic story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars for the richness of the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
slut wife YES!! That's just what LW on Lt is all about . If dear annony

had one ounce of brains he know this and stop bitching about it. gave the story a 5!!

OnethirdOnethirdover 8 years ago
Turning a corner

Nicely written. My only teensy criticism is that, if someone says "I love you but I'm not IN love with you", you really need to slap that trite stupid excuse off their face a little bit. At least call them out on it and show them what a truly shallow thing to say it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Faggy Fits Of Fugue

He is very unlikeable. He espies his beloved woman carrying on with her strange man and he goes into these reveries wherein he strokes his limp-wristed fantasies. His crying and his whiskey drinking. He should just grease up his tail and skulk over to the Village for a good ol' fashioned tail reaming. He's guaranteed to love it. He can get a mauve scarf and sashay around the hospital. What a sissy.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
this is odd

'stuck out his right hand, displaying the wedding ring'

Story set in the US, where the most usual placement of a wedding ring is the left hand.

Wearing your wedding ring on your right hand is in some 'sophisticated' areas such as Manhattan a subtle code for the wearer is open to cheating.

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 7 years ago
@twocrows

I've seen it also with Eastern European couples that weren't interested in swinging. His ex should be called what she is, a gold digging prostitute! She whored herself for money, but, then again we've all seen and heard stories like that over the years!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I like his journey. I think the writing is lovely. The punctuating sentences at the end of most scenes is stylized but it works, and doesn't take me out of the story. The one thing I didn't like was her explanation. It was so harsh that her rejection was based on something so shallow and he just sat there listening to it. The pacing is great and the final scene is so creepy. I love how you punctuate his descent with memories of better times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
UGH!!!

Another wimp....another cuck....another loser....another pantie wearing writer!!!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Very good

And your only LW offering?

Wish you did more here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just too much of a downer

This guy can't get out of his own way. You sure you aren't MM or his clone? This is what Matt's guys do. Some woman shits on them and they fall apart. There's nothing fun or entertaining about this fall from glory. An ugly story.

AC_PandorraAC_Pandorraabout 7 years ago
Good story

I understand both sides. She's a cunt. Is she? They have had a kind of weekend relationship to be honest. How long does something like this work out? It is easy to blame her and I agree, she did the wrong thing. But I think he is not free from his own guilt. If you want to keep something as precious as your love, you have to care about it and not let it die.

However, I am curious about the 2nd part.

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Hey anony

you suck and swallow and your dead wife was a whore she fucked over you all of your marriage,.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I will never understand

The excuse of I love you but I am not in love with you. Or blame the other person for not being around, when they have seemingly done nothing to communicate there is a problem.

I do understand that You is an extremely selfish woman. Affairs don't just happen. Cheating doesn't just happen. She and others like her make the deliberate decision to cheat. They put effort into it. They lie to, deceive, and manipulate their spouse so that they can cheat.

Zoe was selfish. She decided before she got involved that her marriage wasn't worth saving and rationalized her cheating so that she wasn't to blame. She knew she was doing the wrong thing, otherwise she wouldn't have tried to hide it. I'm sure she and others like her would never think that one of the reasons why the spouse is never there is because the cheater is spending so much free time cheating. People like that are not worth the effort, but it is hard for this to sink in when you love them so much and have been blindsided.

I know a guy in a similar situation. His wife decided she wanted to change careers and become a nurse. He took a second job so she could quit hers and concentrate on school. He also took care of the 2 kids they had so she wasn't distracted so much. Eventually she got cabin crazy and decided to take regular walks. A neighbor started walking with her. Eventually it turned into a relationship and she asked for a divorce. She blamed her husband, among other things saying he was never around but the other guy was. This was the big excuse. Of course she couldn't except that her husband was not around when she was available because of all of the things he did FOR her, such as taking a second job and taking care of the kids so she could study and go to class. Needless to say the husband was devastated. Again, another selfish whore.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
First Class, tough subject, well written, absolute 5 stars

ACP... fellow commentator, your opinion could not be more FOS if you had regurgitated up from sphincter to your mouth and onto this comment section.

In a relationship of sequential sacrifice, there is no excuse BC you have achieved all you want and your partner is trying to finish up getting accomplished them self. SHAME on you. Dang, your thinking is so screwed up you induced me to write a Harry in VA comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

Two things in the story so far stink to high heaven....First, he finds no difficulty in "making love to her" at least a couple of times after he sees her with another man and finds out from his friend she was not working overtime....Second, when he catches them in the Penthouse he only hits the ass-wipe in the stomach once and leaves.

REALLY????!!!!! I'd have stomped on the fucker so he could never use his cock again then turned to her and said, "now see if he's any good to you?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If it were me....

That assshole would have lost his cock! I would then cauterize the wound to stop the bleeding. I'm really a nice guy. The worst I could get in a jury trial was a hung jury since I only need one juror to have a cheating former wife!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
First LW?

You did pretty well for first effort. You got the gold digging cheating wife in Zoe, with the new sleazy lover in Milos. She tosses him aside for a chance to move on up. The doc is a beaten man, blindsided and hopeless, stumbling through life until he hits rock bottom. Hopefully, in chapter two he will get his mojo back and Zoe will lose hers. Good start.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Limbo Series Info

SIMILAR Stories