All Comments on 'Listening to Whispers'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
How Can It Be?

How can it be that one individual who resides thousands of miles from another can elicit feelings and emotions which resonate with one's soul??

Listening To Whispers is a work which once again displays Ronde's mastery of the mind's eye.

My last comment about Ronde's skills included a reference to the human mind as a canvas, upon which words are used to create visions of the marvels of life.

So what happens? A story centered around the art of art, and one which brings a few sniffles and smiles in the process of telling.

Ronde, you are possibly one of the most addictive authors I have ever encountered. Thanks for the nice New Year's Gift. Although you wrote it some time ago, it is indeed new and fresh to me.

Regards,

Boswell

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Ronde you are a genius

I have never read such beautifully written stories before. Ican't wait for your next masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
i was there!!!!!!! ???????

Your story was great it made me feel as if i was there in person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Great!!!!!!!!!!

I seldom comment, but your tale was so beautifully done I felt I was compelled to. Consider becoming a serious writer you do have a great talent. At minimum you would do well with romance novels, but I feel you will do even more if you desire..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
The more I read the more I like your work

I have read several stories you have written more than once and the more I read them the more impressed I am with your talent and the more I get out of each story. I look for your name when deciding what to read.

rubysenrubysenover 19 years ago
Simply outstanding

In many years I haven't come accross a story that touched me more than Listening to Whispers. I felt as if i was myself listening to whispers. I wish I could express my feelings better.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 19 years ago
You paint masterworks with words

It is a joy to read and be touched at the level you are able to touch us. I will read every word of the stories you have posted.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
appreciation..

hi, im brent in usa, i sit here after reading this wonderful storey, the tears softly running down my cheeks.. this is the kind of storey that takes me out of my life, to another time and to other memories, thanks so much.. brent johnson..

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Love Story

It stands out from the rest. thank you

angel_grantangel_grantalmost 17 years ago
Lovely

I enjoyed being in this character's head and experiencing this through him. Lovely descriptive language. Thanks for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
sweet

That's some fine writing my friend!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Images in my mind!

To say that I like this story would be like saying maybe the Pope is Catholic. You have drawn a succession of physical and emotional images in my mind and being which have made my body act as if I had suffered a great loss, but it was just the opposite. When we are much moved, our bodies react pretty much the same no matter what the cause. I can't describe what I think I have gained, but I know I will carry it with me long past my memory of all the other things that have happened to me this month, maybe this year.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

<P>

If this was on paper, it would have water spots.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This

Is the kind of writing that keeps me coming back. Wonderful story, thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story yet again

love the way you put your stories over without the sex being over the top. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you

i'm a photographer. Have been for 30+ years now. This is an amazing story that touched what I feel about my images, what I see and what they tell others. I too had such a mentor who is off "somewhere" fiddling with f-stops to get that perfect shot.

Simply put: thank you for a good story.

Serenity_65Serenity_65about 12 years ago
Simply Beautiful!

This was as beautiful a story as is a painting! Very well written and left me with tears of sadness and joy. Sad that I came to the end, but joy that I started reading it in the first place.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great, Great, Great,

Again and Again, another Great Love Story. Thank You for not turning your stories into common "FUCK" stories like so many others that attempt to write here.

Luving2629Luving2629over 11 years ago
Perfect

Even the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pure Inspiration.

Inspiration, pure inspiration. The depth and sensitivity is captivating whilst providing tuition for a personal project. Thank you for sharing your gift and wisdom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a very beautiful story

so full of love and tenderness and teaches us to look beyond the surface of our lives...loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Perfect

A real masterpiece. Both thumbs up.

And thanks for sharing it .

V.Bernhard

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Anonymous

A master piece. Full of love & life which one would dream of. Giving an idea about how an artist approches his/ her life.Thanks a lot for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What's Underneath

What's underneath is everything, and you've shown us that brilliantly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You are the Master

To me you are the Artistic Master of your writings. I am slowly working on reading every one of your stories, and with some, 8re reading them again. You write with a certain level of "believable passion" which gives us your readers, a vivid picture of your characters, and of the places in your stories. Your erotic detail of the love making in your stories, helps me to "feel the passion" of the characters in their moment of their desire for each other. It is sad to say that I will really miss this wonderful passion, after I have read all of your posted stories. I wish there was more of your great writing for me and others to enjoy. Congratulations on holding my interest, and my desire for reading more of your stories. Not many authors, have lived up to my high level of Erotic Literature critique, as you have such done.

GpspringGpspringover 9 years ago
Great Read

I wasn't sure what I would get from the read....I was wrong. You taught me a lot about looking through and beyond, listening is my favorite word. You are an amazing writer with a gift to paint with words. Truly a dying art form and I am appreciate when I stumble on someone that can put emotion and desire to words. Bravo

TSreaderTSreaderover 8 years ago
So well written!

And such a great story! Thank you for sharing with us!

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a painting with words

oh how I wish this could be in the Illustrated category. I guess I will just have to listen to the words whispering to me to see the pictures.

kalodinkalodinover 7 years ago
Tender is the word

That springs first to mind. This speaks eloquently to what I am now, having survived for three quarters of a century, no longer reluctant to acknowledge as a softer feminine side of myself. So well written, it sings the author's song in just the right tone. Truly a singular and superbly written piece. Kal

chmcgchmcgalmost 7 years ago
Beautifully Written

Deep emotion. Straight to the heart. Thank you for this tale.

OverJackOverJackalmost 7 years ago
Struck

I am struck by the texture and color that you bring to your storytelling. I was drawn in from the very beginning. Another story of Debra's early life would be a joy to read if you were inclined to tell it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you, one of the best stories on this site.

chytownchytownabout 2 years ago

*****Great storytelling very enjoyable read. Thank you so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story, many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent, no other word to describe it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Many thanks. A beautiful stories, both for the rich characters, and for the insight into art.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very beautiful story I was pleasantly surprised to see you mentioned my home town of Gallatin Tennessee not very well known Thank you for a wonderful reminder of my youth

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

Excellent, again 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oooh!

Some stories you realise the end from the title, others the end becomes obvious part way through. You read and enjoy these stories. This tale was an oddity in that we reached the climax together.

Thank you

Tony

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved your story! Cannot think of a single thing that would make it any better.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Beautiful!!

Falstaff60Falstaff6011 months ago

For most writers, this could be their magnum opus. It's just one of many from you. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

thank you - a good rich story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This could be your best - - but I won’t know until I read the rest. I really enjoy your work!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

The story seemed familiar but I apparently didn't leave a comment or a score! Marvelous like so many other of your stories.

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This sort resonatef with me. It clearly brings back many memories. I used to oil paint and pastel draw some fifty years ago. But I stopped because jobs, three girlfriends, two wives and two children became my life. But the art passion never dies.

Peapod41Peapod412 months ago

Art imitating life. Or is it life imitating art? A peek only, at the way artists see things.

W.D. Auden famiusly said "Seek your inspiration in the smal things...the things others,

too busy with the immediacy of existence, have neither the wit no wisdom to see!"

He was right and you touched this universal artistic thread.

Richard1940Richard19402 months ago

Absolutely marvellous, a painting done with words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...