All Comments on 'Little Bright Eyes'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 255 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

That was a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Goes in my favorites file

As Boris would say to Natasha "This is for to be warming the heart of my cockles Bubi" * * * * * 5 Stars 3 Cheers & Hats in the air!

yehudi

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 4 years ago
Beautiful Stoy

You're a great writer. Keep them coming. Also this was a really beautiful story. 5*****

cordialddcordialddover 4 years ago
Joy to the world...

...joy to me from you, way to get the holidays warmer.

I grew up in the newspaper business and reviewed the contact sheets from the negatives many times to choose photos. The photographers were amazing; the good ones were simply everywhere and knew everyone (never would have needed to look in the yellow pages for anything, by the way.) You captured their haphazard schedule well. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for sharing.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Well that was just lovely! Thanks for writing such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

What a beautiful story. Well done!

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
Not too much happiness and humanity in L.W

This story was magic, tear-jerking and so great to read Thank You 5*****

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Really good

Shame about his first relationship but all's well that ends well. 5 star story.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 4 years ago
Thank you

I had almost forgotten how good it is to read a story that not full of misery and distrust! I really enjoyed it, thank you again.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Made me tear up a couple of times

And let me tell you, making a hardened journalist tear up even a bit? That's no mean feat!

5* all the way.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
That was a pleasure to read!

I liked this story a lot. This category seldom gets a story that pulls at your heart strings like this one did. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You!!

It was very well written, with excellent characters. You handled the first relationship through to its conclusion so that it not only ended realistically but also flowed into the rest of your story.

A Holiday treat that I will remember for a long time.

Michael

VickieTernVickieTernover 4 years ago
Old fashioned relationships

beautifully recreated. Along with chemical imaging (r/t electronic) and indoor malls when they were still thought to be novelties. Even fidelity founded on a child's and a mother's exclusive needs! Nicely done!

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Another GEM

Thanks for another great story!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
A Feel Good Story

Nicely done. The story flowed smoothly and was well versed. Top marks. Thanks for sharing.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

I usually don't care for tales that start a second romance in a new direction, but this one was certainly compelling...nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks for the journey. I was once a press photographer, and my cheating wife left me. I also came near to suicide. And I also found genuine, trustworthy love with a real soulmate, although without the attendant drama. Please know that your story rings true with someone who’s really been there.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago

Interesting and a wonderful story, with a happy ending, no less. Thanks for posting. Well done. 5 stars.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Innocence of days gone bye

Loved this story, characters, one of your best. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great stuff.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

jakie1jakie1over 4 years ago
Well Done!

Early in the story you could sense the direction it was heading in, however the journey to get there was wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Took me a while...

to realize that this was set in the '60's. I was looking up KFC history, pagers and Zenith color TV's hoping to catch you in an anachronism, but then you pinned the time frame with the Bob Hope movie. 1966. I was nineteen that year and suddenly all of your references fell into place and I realized that there were zero anachronisms.

All you left out was actually talking to an operator to get connected to the number you wanted.... and "long distance".

It was almost like all of this really happened and you were just writing memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you, that was very nice. Way too long and meandering, but very nice.

It is distracting when you include a bunch of meaningless pointless details. And the plot was very simplistic. Like who didn't know that Sheri was going to cheat and the raped girl was going to be his salvation?

The only important aspect of the story that you somehow managed to leave out is, was it Extra Crispy or Original Recipe? And thank you for clarifying that Kiddie Land is an amusement venue for kids. Those marketing geeks are so subtle and clever.

Glad your story is so popular. So is McDonald's.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Very, very nice

It's always a good sign when you finish a story with a smile on your face. Thank you.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 4 years ago
WOW...what an uplifting story.

It started with heartbreak and depression and had me smiling to myself at the end. Thanks.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago
Beautiful

This is an incredible, beautiful story. It's well written, with great and believable characters - and Maria, Tommy & Sabrina are all fantastic.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn you!

Your story was already excellent but the last couple of paragraphs in this last chapter made it damn near flawless! My favorite part was:

She smiled, put her arms around my neck, and gave me a big kiss on the cheek before looking out to our guests, "He's my daddy," she told everyone.

Just get a good editor to fix your grammatical and spelling errors (example: you mistakenly used peal instead of peel). Rest easy though because the story was so damn good that the mistakes didn’t even detract from it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You have always been a great writer.

Your last few stories have turned it up a notch. Great story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

One of the best written stories to appear on this site. Bravo !!

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 4 years ago
Ok

I teared up at “He’s my daddy.” Five stars

LuciousLadyMaryLuciousLadyMaryover 4 years ago
Dammit...

I'm sending you my tissue bill!

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

That was a great, enjoyable read. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
GREAT!!

JUST GREAT!!!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Great story, LTW

Of course, you always write great stories. I gave it a five. For those who might be looking for other great stories after finishing this one, click on that "wine and old lace story" tag off to the right there. I believe there are 25 more, scattered across the categories. Thanks again, LTW, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars

Amazing as always. A lot of the people can learn from you about character development. Top notch stuff as usual great job

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
A nice story.

A bit black or white,

but that always seems

to be popular here in Lit.

Me, I like colors.

And another little thing.

Why is it (in so many LW stories)

when a husband discovers

his wife cheating on him,

he doubts everything......

except her love for him?

That would be the first thing I'd question.

Still, a nice story.

Entertaining.

4 out of 5 from me.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 4 years ago
I'm warm and fuzzy

and misty eyed. Fine story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice...real nice.

It was heartwarming and yes, I used a few tissues

at the end.

LeFrog

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
My Favorite Of The Bunch

While some of the others had more of a historical context (I'm a big history buff), this one was my favorite. It had two elements that pushed it ahead of the rest for me. An adorable 5 year old little girl, and loving and doting single mother/grandmother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellence

These special competitions? Or whatever they are called, bring out excellence in many writers.

You have risen at least level with the top writers here.

I put it that way as the diversity means many excel in their own way and are to be encouraged for it.

Even some of the less polished.

Thank for giving it your best efforts so far.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars

I Really Liked this Story .. But I could only Give You the 5 Stars .. Please keep on writing

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Quite an enjoyable tale.

LTW, I liked the way you handled the failed attempt at reconciliation by Sherrie. It was presented in an mature understanding way that by the end I felt a more pity than anger for the ex-wife.

Sherri lost it all and she accepted she was the author of the destruction of her marriage.

The anger was gone and instead true remorse, regret, and finally understanding by both sides there was never going back to once was. It was a proper closure for the both of them and a way for Dylan to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great writing, a LITTLE slow

Was very excited to see a new story by you. Thank you.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Great job ...

As usual. A five-star story all the way.

Hooked

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
“... can I call you daddy, now?”

I was doing so well, too. Then that half a sentence and out came the tissues.

LTW — thanks. Excellent as always.

5-stars

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 4 years ago
Geez...

Another brilliant story, another 5*. When will it end? Not for a while, I hope. Like others, I enjoyed the deft way you handled Sheri and her dad after the crash. And of course, I fell in love with Sabrina. How could one not?

Thank you and well done.

GA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I've read several of these stories, now.

I read some of the ones in romance, too. This is by far the best in LW and gives the best ones in romance a run for their money. These are all way better than the normal fare. Blackrandi writes some things outside my comfort zone, but she knows talent. That is one thing that can't be questioned. When you see she's doing an event you know they are going to be well written and well edited stories. Yours is at the top, Laptopwriter. How about some of you guys try dropping a story between events, sometime? It can get pretty bad around here.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
A true winner!

Thank you!

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
it was a nice story

4starrs

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really good

I love your stories. Please keep writing. I love these events. I get to see some of the best writers. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Well!

What a good story!

Tears and smiles.

Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars

Excellent a very moving story thanks so much

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks LTW,

Another great read! Loved the characters!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

another good story keep them coming 5 stars on this one

xtchrxtchrover 4 years ago
A Fine Story!

I really enjoy a story that has a woman with a young daughter that emerge from the ashes and has a happy and satisfying life. I liked how this guy found the letters that told him of her cheating and all he did is make copies and then gave them to her...real quick-like. Thank you very much for a real enjoyable romance story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the best in a long time.

This was a great story. Not much, if any porn but love and love lost with a major mistake, maybe of silly youth but followed by a great real reflection of someone who forced himself to be a real man for the correct reason with a new blossom of love.

Congratulations on a superb job.

T.T.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Nicely done as always.

The pagers, wife without a job, phone books, was driving me crazy, I am thinking you posted a really old story, until I realized the theme was a contest. I never did see any notification of the "Wine and Old Lace" contest, but am enjoying seeing the better writers work posted.

Todd172Todd172over 4 years ago
Outstanding as always

LTW is one of the writers I go back to when I want to remind myself what outstanding writing looks like. Well plotted, well told...Well done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Very, very nice!

I know it's a different time period, but what's the big deal if she was a virgin? I know it's an issue NOW, because she lied about it, but apparently it would have been an issue then, that's why she lied.

"You want me to call Bonnie and check?" – How can he call her? No cell phones!

"She still has this need to be the most popular kid in school." – She herself pretty much said the same thing.

If he had gone back with Sheri, it would have crushed Maria, probably set her back for good.

Given her history, I don't see why Maria should be puzzled that he hasn't asked her out.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

Well done, Mr. Writer.

A story of people helping each other overcome life's travails. Well written and compelling. What more could you want?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Classy

Loved the drama and sentiment! Great job!

management91399management91399over 4 years ago
Well done!

Terrific inspiration to start writing my own stuff. Thanks, this one grabbed me by the eyeballs and just kept me reading. Working through your earlier stuff now. Thanks for the fine work and inspiration!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This is one of the finest short stories I have ever read. The way it is put together, its believe-ability, and its humanity. It may not be what readers are looking for in Literotica, but perhaps it should be. Well done!

Art

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Sweet story of perseverance and survival...

... for Dylan and Maria, and even Angela, through the conduit of a sweet and luminous child. Sad lesson for Sheri - growing up is tough. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Is Kentucky fried chicken suddenly something new? Is this story taking place in the fifties? That's the only way that would make sense. :-)

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years agoAuthor
Does anyone ever read these stories?

I've gotten several emails stating the same thing as the comment above. First of all, the theme of the stories was pre-1970, but here is virtually the 3rd sentence in the story...

"I got the job right after graduating high school in 1960 and had now been a Morning Star, staff photographer for four years."

1960 + 4 years. The story starts out in 1964.

ewray321ewray321over 4 years ago
Got It

I understood the story. The era, 1960s, Kentucky Fried Chicken was just starting up. You sent letters back then not text or email. Yes very good story. 5 stars.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
Loved the retro aspect of the story

I understand some of the comments. I'll bet some readers never saw real photo film or a negative. In fact, for me there wasn't enough period references e.g. buses, beat cop, early & late newspaper editions, walk-up apartment, on and on. I thought the comment about the first color TV was cool.

The story was well constructed and well written. I would not have criticized a reconciliation with Sheri. It seemed she really learned and matured as shown by her gracious acceptance of the inevitable. But by the time she finally grew up emotionally, I think we were all routing for Maria.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
My comment

Please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice stolry

Being an identifiable "old fart", it was an interesting revelation to be taken back to the era of B&W television, the introduction of Kentucky Fried Chicken. It was really good in the beginning. Enjoyed the story, well done.

MarshallaMarshallaover 4 years ago
Yes, we do actually read the story ...

..., and I did not miss the time period.

However, by the time I had gotten to "their first color tv", I'd already forgotten. For a moment.

And I remembered my parent's first, a Magnavox, that needed to warm up to room temperature before they turned it on (bought it in winter).

Hell, I remember when McDonald's first came to town!

Anyway, it was a good read. Worth 5 Stars in my book.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Knowledge is power

I do not understand when an author writes that the protagonist "Can't read, hear, see anymore". It is too painful.

I would have read every letter two or three times to get all out of them that I could.

ukdukeukdukeover 4 years ago
Excellent

Just enough background to establish the period without being a history essay.

Good characters and a good storyline with a clean uncluttered use of language. An excellent and very enjoyable read. Worth the 5 stars I gave it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Agree with anonymous 02/01 know all. Also has .380 why not hold kidnapper

Never did mention him caught

Did mention how good a shot he was

poorrichardpoorrichardabout 4 years ago
Loved it

I loved this story. Romantic with a happy ending. I'm a sap when it comes to that.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 4 years agoAuthor
@jtwheels

I thought about elaborating on that a little but didn't think it was necessary. You have proven me wrong. Both incidents, capturing the rapist, and saving the little girl in the mall, are based on truth, although they were not related to each other as they are in the story.

I was a press photographer living in Indiana at time. Indiana has a CC permit. Illinois did not have one at the time so when I crossed the state line I would put the gun in the trunk of my car. I could legally carry it that way in Illinois. The rapist incident took place in Indiana, but the mall was in Illinois.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
A FINE STORY

This is my second reading, I didn't remember the title when I started it but soon recollected the story. A previous reading did not affect my enjoyment as this is a powerful story with several very heart-warming events and situations. I loved it both times, Thank You 5***** Great Job. As a 'closet-romantic' I think this is the way all stories of cheap women, or men, who cheat on their spouses should end. Reconcilliation is Ok sometimes but, as is often said in such stories, the trust issue spoils any real chance of repairing the damaged relationship.The way this story ended suits me perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Brilliant

Original and well written.A really talented author

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another voice telling you how good this story (and your others) are

It sure was a wonderful feel-good story. But someone needs to comment on your spelling and/or word usage.

Thank you , Wally I have to be anonymous because I forgot my password and my job, which hosted my email, and Lit can't seem to get me a new account.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Oh My!

Easily one of the best stories I've read ever on Literotica.

However, I'll take the nudge from Anonymous Commenter of 1 Apr 2020 about spelling & word usage. Bells "peal" their ringing chime. Maria wouldn't have to be "pealed" off the ceiling after multiple orgasms but "peeled" off the ceiling. They're others but I won't take the time to go back & find them. You can. And you can do better. You're an excellent writer & your content rises well above the minor discrepancies of grammar, spelling & word usage. Get editing & beta reading by more than one person other than yourself.

Otherwise, mega kudos!!! Five stars aren't high enough for the rating on this piece.

WindySwimming

ArediaArediaabout 4 years ago

Loved it. Thank-you!

DarknsDarknsabout 4 years ago
Loved it

Loved it. 5-stars

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Nice! I liked how the story took hold of Dylan’s and Maria’s emotional damage head-on. No skirting the issues, the focus was on helping each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Five

Very, very rarely give five stars but this was definitely worth it. The writing was good, the grammar fine and no spelling errors.

The storyline was contrived but nothing wrong with that, after all, most fairytales are.

I was hoping that Dylan wouldn’t get back with his ex. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Add to this a cute little girl, a recovering Mum and a supportive family and a happy ending was almost inevitable.

Thank you, regards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
real folks!

more like normal people. good read. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
SCARED STRAIGHT WITH YOUR GUN POINTED AT YOUR HEAD

then he remembered what life should be about. TK U MLJ LV NV

bigguy323bigguy323almost 4 years ago

I love your stories. My only beef is you write Romance Stories but post in Loving Wives.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Beautiful tale!!!

He was a true hero for the family. I sincerely hope the police caught the kidnapper.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is one of my favorite stories on here

If you haven't been assaulted you have no idea what that violation feels like. My rapist stole something from me that could never be retrieved and returned. He left me feeling dirty, sullied, damaged and undesirable. I was broken and no one would ever want me to be whole let alone help me put it all back together. Hell, in my mind why would they? I was a victim after all it was my fault.... yeah that's how a LOT of us feel.

For a very long time afterwards I couldn't imagine how any man could want me... I was marked as a victim.. disgusting and vile. Thats what rape does to you.

I know rape kink exists and I know people play with cnc. That's different and I recognize that some women have submissive tendencies. I also know that many women just want to be taken and fucked by their lover. Knowing you are that desirable to your partner and they just have to have you... yeah that gets me wet too. What women doesnt? But that is consensusal. That is allowing your man to TRY to dominant you. More often it's a two what street in that situation. BUT rape... its another thing entirely.

I usually and absolutely rant against stories that use rape as a plot device. Sometimes it's used to justify a wife's whorish Behavior. Other times it's used to offer sympathy to a wife that has cheated on her husband repeatedly and has become a slot while engaging in "normal" behavior otherwise. You can tell when writers have no concept of rape because they insert it in a ridiculous fashion. As if a magic pill is going to turn a woman into a complete wanting and willing slut demanding every single cock in a five-mile radius. Stupid.

However portrays a realistic scenario with a woman who has not only been raped, she is experienced long-term sexual abuse by her daughter's father. Dylan worked with her to manage her demons and to realize that some men are good and loving. This was an amazing story of recovery and perseverance in the face of tragedy.

This is how rape ought to be portrayed if going to be used in fiction. I will never stop pointing out the demented minds of writers who fetishize rape for their sick demented purposes. There's a lot of you on here and some of you are fairly highly rated. I will name names if I must and I don't give a flying f*** if you don't like it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely story

Well written lovely story. Thank you for sharing

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Sweet story...

Sometimes ,you need something like this to take the edge off the real world, rotten as it is sometimes. 6 stars ,the Bear approves. As the father of 4 daughters, 4 granddaughters, and a fantastic daughter-in-law, I know what a beautiful little ( or a big ) girls smile can do to you.

The BEAR

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 4 years ago

Just read this one again...sooooo good!!!!!

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

Thanks you for taking the time to write it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Clearly

LTW hit a home run with this story. Nice breezy plot, well paced, great characters, and a feel-good finish. The current score of 4.83 and the high number of comments all confirm this. No story is perfect and the nits have all been exposed in those comments. We all appreciate the work and the excellent result.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I’m sorry

When I finished the story I accidentally touched the 1star. This story deserves the 5! I enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful story!

Wonderful story! I really enjoyed the realism in the telling of the story. Such a beautiful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 .

Man....I just love those happy endings .....

🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 .....

ewill86ewill86over 3 years ago

Just Plain Wonderful. 5 stars! Yep, that's just what 1964-66 felt like; and, we were all human, then and now. LTW knows that an LW story can be a Romance too. And, there is no better time than when you are wise/lucky enough to let a little child lead you. Keep up the Great Work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
When she asked...

If he could call him daddy now, I had tears rolling.

Great story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous