All Comments on 'Living In The Shadows Ch. 04'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 2 years ago

Seems Melanie is already trying to play the pity me card, like she knows what she did was wrong, yet doesn't seem to realize she shouldn't have done it to begin with. Lots of room there.

Why Lainey is being so secretive about the pregnancy is interesting and she never really apologized,

Ken's reaction was understandable. Keep going. Maybe slow the plot a bit? Seems accelerated at times, where the previous story didn't feel like that to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So is it just me or does it seem that you substitute Keri for Mel an awful lot in this story line. Love your storiea but I'm really getting confused.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Interesting chapter, I found the reaction from Laney and Ken interesting. Ken didnt think much and assumed from the getgo that Laney cheated on him but Laney thought calmly about why the condom package could be there instead of assuming that Ken cheated on her. Its a good example of who trusts whom. Then at the end Ken was upset about her not telling him earlier that she is pregnant even though she said that she wanted to wait until she is further along. Sometimes you have to take facts at face value otherwise you will be paranoid all your life. This guy has serious trust issues to be honest. Otherwise, what Melanie did was bad, like one of the worst practical jokes but she realized it the moment shit hit the fan. Of course its too late but she can learn, like everybody else. She already got started on it with her reevaluating herself in the beginning and looking for good advice.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

This chapter did nothing for me.... Now if Joe would distance himself from her while Mel pulls away in self-loathing becoming a recluse and foregoing all family contact and this family Christmas (with a turned-off cellphone) would add some dynamics as Mel is forcing herself to mature.

/

But this soap-opera ain't going there - where ever it is going it will do it slowly and boringly.

/

3*. hooyah....

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Pretty much all of the characters are pretty immature and unattractive at this point. Sadly.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Another great chapter!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seriously, everyone in this chapter overreacting like crazy. It was a joke that didn't go over well. Ken is an asshole for immediately accusing his wife of cheating. One condom wrapper and the wife is a cheating slut? Not a single rational reaction from anyone. And now Joe is thinking of leaving Mel because her joke caused Ken to overreact? Leave here for her reaction to the teasing and controlling behavior not for one dumb joke.

dardefdardefover 2 years ago

Keri/Mel......which is it???

Chiara23Chiara23over 2 years ago

I'm kind of ambivalent on this one. Lots of over the top far too extreme over reactions. Ken seemed to be a jokester at times before but calling Lainey a cheating slut right away? Especially after what his ex put her through and how she stood by him in the first series. Yeah Mel needs to grow up but it felt like everyone reverted to the emotional maturity of five year olds. It felt like a lot was wanted to be said in two pages with very little actually being said. Not as much growth as in the other chapters and prev. series

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

This whole group is certainly "In the Shadows", Makes my family look plum rational.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

What could possibly go wrong?

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

Mel need to grow TF up. She’s immature, controlling, and a bitch. Maybe thinking that everyone hates her will be a wake up call.

I think Ken did overreact though. Lainey stood by him when he was accused of cheating in the first story. Sh trusted him. But he instantly went to calling her a cheating slut and saying the baby wasn’t his. It would take a lot of groveling on his part to make it up to her. I feel bad for Lainey.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Read the follow up too. Joe is a stupid immature asshole. Mel should focus on her education and move on. Angela her cunt mother was a bitch. In the end only Mel's father had the balls to go to her. All others were assholes especially Joe

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES