All Comments on 'Living with Katrina Ch. 01'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I didn't like this, do you know anyone with bipolar or even research it? and knowing how bad she is why isn't she medicated? It NOT ok for her to beat him and blame it on bipolar and then act like nothing happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Time to fucking run...

Katrina isn't worth the time it takes to move away. Is the man crazier than she is? A perfect example why sharing an apartment never really works. If he ends up with her at the end of your tale, then the mark should be lower than a minus ten. I'm surprised your story has them together even now, after however much time has passed.

arelativearelativealmost 12 years ago
hes an author he can do what he wants with the characters

title says it all, just because it would happen in real life doesnt mean it has to happen in a story

totalyconfusedtotalyconfusedalmost 12 years ago
Geez people.

Relax and calm down, writing fiction allows the writer to incorporate unrealistic events and happenings, aka "FICTION".

I really like the story. The characters seem real and the flow of the story is genuine. I can't wait for more.

estragonestragonalmost 12 years ago
Guys, this is FICTION

Yes, those with specialized medical knowledge can pick holes in this story. As copy editor, I have neither the learning nor, even if I had the learning, the permission to supply any thereof. This is Literotica, erotic fiction. It is not even Wikipedia, much less the Journal of the American Medical Association. If you wish state-of-the-art information about bipolar disorder, there are numerous learned, peer-reviewed publications that canvass the subject extensively. If you want a good story and maybe a wee bit stroke, that's what this offers.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

OK, it's fiction, I get it. It is almost painful to read at times, but duty demands that I finish it. I do understand why he keeps pushing her away and we all know that they will end up in the sack together, although I have no idea why he would want to follow half the males in NY City between her legs? Just one question, Bi-polar, Lithium, has anyone ever heard of a doctor?

delightdawndelightdawnalmost 12 years ago
Nice

Very good story. Definitely need to finish it. It has that whole star-crossed lovers thing going for it, will they make the connection, will they not, should they, should they not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I need to ask a question

Would it be ok if i use the character of Katrina for a project i am currently working on? I'm making a graphic novel and i think her character would make a perfect addition. Hope to hear from you,

Thanks

zoyiabzoyiabalmost 12 years ago

I love most of your writings and this is no different, The one thing that pulled my attention away from the story was your use of "anti-clockwise"

I like being able to connect with at least one character in the story. By making your characters flawed it is easier to see them as people. I like that Kat is a mess ....oddly she reminds me of me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It's Obvious

She's it for him. It's just that they don't really know it yet. Waiting on the next chtr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
@estragon

So this is fiction. How about the author makes Katrina have bipolar but act as though she has Tourette's (but still labels it bipolar)? Would that work? According to you, yes, I guess. Anything goes? At what point does it lose all believability and slide into pure ludicrousness?

This is just lazy writing. If you use something, make sure you research it. By defending the author you are not helping him at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Personally

I could give a rat's ass whether her reactions are bipolar or Tourettes or whatever.

This is a good story about one crazy assed bitch and her ultra conserative room mate. As far as being ludicrous, have you happened to read any other stories on this site? This story doesn't even come close to being ludicrous compared to 95% of the stories on this site.

Great story LaRascasse, keep them coming.

MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years ago
How about this idea

She's misdiagnosed bipolar, but has Tourette's. What if she's on meds for bipolar? What would they do? Maybe she has neither but does crazy shit for attention?

I could probably think of a dozen ways to make whats going on happen. I'm sure the author could think of four or five dozen since they are his characters.

You I'm sure could find a dozen why it wouldn't work.

None of those would answer the very simple question. Was this a good story?

Yes. The characters had good personality, they had a good dialog between them. Which I like because the two previous stories by this author were a bit light on it. They had action, drama,character building moments. Everything a good story needed.

I had only one problem with it as a whole. The story... It jumped from time frame to time frame a bit too much. It felt a little confusing at times.

Because of 'That' alone I gave it a four.

M.S.Tarot

xelliebabexxelliebabexover 11 years ago

Interesting and obviously less dark than your other stories. I am interested to see where this goes.

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithover 11 years ago
Heart of glass

Well you certainly have them going about Living With Katrina! Whether they like it or hate it, they're none of them bored.

I like the characterisation and the writing is snappy. Great tension builder for a first chapter and hot sex scene, what more can a girl ask than a female POV orgasm straight out of the starting blocks! Strong female character with heart of glass - fab.

GorgeousGeekGirlGorgeousGeekGirlalmost 11 years ago
Why do women fall in love with assholes?

For every nice guy saying that, there is a stable, comptetant, loving woman who can't understand why men love high drama dumb broads. A woman with a good job and balanced checkbook may not be able to get a date, but every shopaholic "free spirit" has her phone ringing off the hook. If you're a woman who avoids trouble by making good decisions, you'll never hold a mans interest the way a damsel who puts herself in distress does. Jake keeps getting abused because he puts up with it instead of calling the cops so they do keep her in lockup to force admittance for manic episodes, which would result in court ordered treatment or incarceration. Good job jake.

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 10 years ago
O.O

I am already a bit further in the story, just had to go back and congratulate you on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank God the asshole annony has stopped reading your story so he saids~~~

But I bet he she it...IT reads every word of every chapter of LW it can find. IT is a cuck and a fag!! I bet this is a 5 and I gave it to the writer

davwoodavwooabout 7 years ago
Oh! Oh!

He needs a new flat mate, this one is trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Medication?

This actually sounds like borderline personality disorder to me, as people with bipolar are happy in their manic episodes and sad in their depressed episodes, but rarely violent in either. Borderline has the dramatic mood swings, but as a personality disorder there is a lot more going on. Violence used to be one of the primary criterion used to diagnose personality disorders (it is no longer required to be present for diagnosis, but is still a common symptom). Borderline still doesn't explain why she isn't being treated though. Does she have some bs excuse like the meds interfere with her creativity?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Borderline PD

Seems to me like she has Borderline Personality Disorder, which is commonly confused with Bipolar Disorder.

I've known a few people like that. One of them was even named Katrina.

They can be a lot of fun and make life interesting, but things always explode until they gain more self-awareness.

Nice writing!

inka2222inka222211 months ago

I hate people like this. OK, you have a mental illness. TAKE YOUR BLOODY MEDS! That's why they are invented. So you don't abuse people around you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories