All Comments on 'Long Blonde Hair, Sky Blue Eyes Pt. 04'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
des911des9118 months ago

Another cliffhanger! You're killing use with suspense. Well done.

I'm enjoying the overall story but find that there is a huge amount of detail, many extended family members, and a lot of business, geographic and general information. Great work, but it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Thank you

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

A masterful buildup in this chapter of a wonderful tale has me already wondering if the evil mom and ex-agents are the kidnappers. 5 stars again

hindsight2020hindsight20208 months ago

I really want to rank this higher than 3*. However, your constant excessive and irrelevant expository verbal spewage is too off putting. The excessive detail about irrelevant items of no interest just bog the story down. But still well written so a 3* rather than 1*.

I am being generous.

nestorb30nestorb308 months ago

Well written, that said a great deal of irrelevant detail is added to the story. You could have easily chopped a page if not two and still have a well written tale.

Otherwise a good story

Thanks for writing

MVarroMVarro8 months ago

I agree this story offers a lot of details and is populated rather densely. But I do not think that is to the detriment of my enjoyment of this tale. I find it stimulating. Therefore, please do not change your writing style. 5*

SsacamSsacam8 months ago

Great story so far!

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

I must agree with Hindsight, about your excessive verbiage over trivial irrelevant minutia seems to be only to increase the story word count. It's slowing down the suspense so much that I'm skimming/skipping paragraphs (and I have dyslexia).

\

Since you've stated part 5 is the final chapter, wonder when this one will get posted. I'll likely forget much of this story by then. Part 4 was just boring and actually detracted from the whole of this story. One thing I'm learning about Texican and SaddleTramp is NOT to start reading a multi-part story until ALL are posted... Or the story will loose context and power.

\

3.4*** Hooyah

Texican1830Texican18308 months agoAuthor

I yam what I yam. Whether Long Blonde Hair, It Ain’t Paranoia, Betrayal, The Girl from the Quachita, or other stories I’ve written, you’re gonna get descriptive detail about places, people and events. I’d apologize and promise to do better, but I yam… we’ll, you get it.

My stories aren’t about the action, sex scenes, or moving the plot along. They’re about the characters, the settings, and the circumstances. I’m prone to take one route to a destination and another coming back. I’ll stop if I see a church or community festival, to share in the experience. Maybe I’m too old now, but it’s about the journey, not the destination.

(I probably ought to copy this and post it before each chapter, but I’ve tried before and it didn’t seem to convince the destination seekers not to read it. Oh well.)

oldsage_1oldsage_18 months ago

Don't know what all the fuss is about I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Thanks for the fantasy and excellent writing! I have no idea how you do it. Looking forward to the next episode.

And since we are dropping scores tonight Make mine 5*!

Cheers

SAGE

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

I’m enjoying the story a good deal, it holds my attention. Looking forward to more, hopefully sooner than later since there’s a cliffhanger. Kudos.

Ranger001Ranger0018 months ago

😆 You're getting really good with the cliffhangers..! 🙄

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Another great chapter!

5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Texican1830 please stay true to yourself! I absolutely love the side details, the history, the landscape. What it does for me is paint a picture in mind of the setting and time. To me you are a master of that. I have thoroughly enjoyed your full body of stories on this site. Another fantastic one! Thank you sir & much appreciated! 5*

KK

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Bastard - I hate your cliffhangers - LOL! All good but I would have liked to see more depth on the plot line of advancing Annika's emotional maturity that was mentioned in an earlier chapter. 4.8*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dry.

212234521223458 months ago

Have to agree with those that support the details and history pieces. They add instead of detract from the story, which IMHO make the overall story a better read in the end. I would like to see more development on the part of Annika, you promise and hint at some movement but don't really show any before plunging into the next stumble on her part. Still, I do enjoy the ride, keep up the great work. Just need to know when the next part will be out so we can plan accordingly. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

When will part 5 be out?

Texican1830Texican18307 months agoAuthor

The next part was posted 10/30.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Damn, it's bedtime but I cannot leave this now. Love the side details.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

SIMILAR Stories