All Comments on 'Longwood'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
meucimeuciover 3 years ago

Another really well thought out and presented short story. . always look forward to reading your work. 5 stars all day long!

smiley666smiley666over 3 years ago

It shows how life can be. I think that we are more or less like a puppet on a string as, in my opinion, everything is planned for us. It starts that our parents get us and ends with the last breath we take. Like this story and go now to read further oned

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

I liked this a lot. Could have had more build up of the ultimate relationship than there was. Still, a very nice read.

avidfaavidfaover 3 years ago
Thank god

he didn't wind up with Alice. One of the things I hate about Romances is the hate-on-first-sight trope that winds up with love at the end. I always ask myself why anyone would marry someone with a penchant for being a shit, but this time the author saved us, almost as though he saw the same thing and just stayed the fuck away from someone with an immense capacity for unhappiness. Thanks, the story was good, the languid pace okay, but the ending was more than I was hoping for.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Good read. Not sure it is one of your best but I enjoyed it. Nice touch stringing us along with Alice thinking she might shape up then in pops Betty to be the "happy ever after" mate.

5 stars in my book. Always a pleasure to see a new R410a story show up in my follow listing.

Cheers

SAGE

Davester37Davester37over 3 years ago
Another wonderful story

I always read when I see your name, and I’m never disappointed. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good

I’ve always liked your stories, but this one felt like the last half page should have been flushed out to a chapter two.

woodwardwoodwardover 3 years ago

What a great story!!!!!!

Sidney43Sidney43over 3 years ago

Nice story where the protagonist doesn't end up with the bitch who aggravates him at every opportunity. Also nice to see women who have hair where nature grows it and a man who appreciates that fact.

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

Thank You for sharing another one of your wonderful stories!

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

As always very nice writing. I was surprised you spent so much time on Alice and so little on Betty.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 3 years ago

Great story. Thank you very much!!

BubbacumBubbacumover 3 years ago

Started out well but seemed to get lost along the way. Not sure romance is the correct category??

JohnD46JohnD46over 3 years ago
Definitely 5

Fun story. Very believable and a great ending. A great read. Thank you.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Curve ball

Didn't see that coming with Alice being told to take a hike. But, what goes around comes around, or something like that. I did enjoy the story and how it all worked out with the happy ending. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Always enjoy your writing. Keep it up.

GHreaderGHreaderover 3 years ago
Loved the twist at the end.

Well done !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice, but...

The ending was a bit abrupt and that relationship could have been better developed. 4*

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
Good read!

Enjoyed this one!

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 3 years ago

This was a very interesting story, but you rushed the ending. I think if you had maintained the same pace you had been on, it would have been more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Andrew stated that Alice's daughter was Amber. It was changed to Angel later. Odd.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

Poor Alice, backing the wrong horse. Ending was a bit abrupt, but a good story nonetheless. 5 stars.

tazzman694utazzman694uover 2 years ago

Epilog: On the days that Betty did not fish with Dale she decided that she needed the attention of a younger man. Knowing that Dale had bedded a number of married women in the past, she was sure that he would understand. It is only sex after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now that was another great story. Alot of drama, twists, and turns. loved reading it.

Falstaff60Falstaff6011 months ago

liked the story. Probably already mentioned but the saying, "Thou protesteth too much" is actual old Will Shakespeare, not the bible. It's from Hamlet act 3 scene 2 and is uttered by Hamlets mother Gertrude. The line she utters is actually, ‘The lady doth protest too much, methinks.’ Just saying.

storycentralstorycentral6 months ago

Not sure I’d call this a romance. Romantic interest doesn’t enter the picture until the end of act 2, followed by a rushed act 3. There is very little actual romance involved.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userR410a@R410a
Thanks to all who follow and read my stories.

story TAGS