Lost Empire Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mary looked over the results, so it was finally time, she had received a message so long ago on the Imperial net. Searching she found the recording she was to play when she heard his name, as a Primary on an EIG ship named Shelby. Playing it her hologram nodded at the instructions, finally everything was confirmed with the Imperial code. Reaching out Mary opened all the gun turrets, started the long dormant but still like new generators. strengthening the shield she began to cycle all the weapons making sure they were all ready, replacing all that failed to work. Smiling she thought, I am ready lord, when you finally come to your home ALL will be ready.

Done with the important tasks Mary began to ready the long unused rooms, preparing everything that returning royalty would need.

Derrick suddenly got a chill damn he thought someone is thinking awful hard about me, laughing he remembered the old wise tale his grandmother had told him. Looking at his project he'd finally gotten the voltage below execution strength, the modulator was working far better than he hoped. Now all I had to do was get these damn buffers working. Every time he wrote the code it seemed he had to go back and adjust a whole line. Almost two weeks now and only one of the buffers were working, to use it now wouldn't turn his brain to jelly but he'd still be an idiot when it was done. It took the rest of the day to finally find what he'd been doing wrong, Finally the next day he had three of the buffers working. Damn it! He'd adjusted everything he could think of. Derrick almost asked Shelby for help but he could hear it now, about they would protect him at all costs and he couldn't put his life in danger blah, blah, blah! He wasn't about to go through that again. Another day saw Derrick still at the work table the fourth had finally cleared. Still working Derrick was shocked when the galactic intruder alert went off.

"Shelby report!' Derrick ordered.

"I'm detecting an approaching invasion force, it appears to be a different race, the same that we lost many ships to." Shelby reported.

Damn it! Derrick thought, I'm, we're not ready! Well I've got four it will have to do. "How long..." Derrick started.

"I'd say, at their present velocity, they will breach our galaxy in nine days, thirty-six hours, five minutes and thirty-four seconds." Shelby replied.

Wonderful just fucking wonderful, looking at his project he sat and put it on his head.

12