Lost Empire Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"To the crew of the magnificent ship that just destroyed my energy net with ease, join us we could become rich with the power of your ship." The voice said.

"Uh huh, and what pray tell would be in it for me? You sound like Republic lap dogs, for god's sake grow a set and quit helping those piss ants." Derrick answered getting readings as to which ship belonged to the leader.

"You son of a bitch! Destroy him!" All the ships opened fire; Derrick could only shake his head, Idiots!

"Ok Shelby, target all their engines first, then their weapon systems." Derrick ordered.

Shelby giggled as twin beams shot out hitting each ship with almost pin point accuracy. Amid the screams and shouts, there were of course the threats.

Derrick opened a channel to the leader, "next time asshole, think before you take on a ship you aren't even half as powerful as. Tell the others in prison they will have even more company soon. That is if they survive, I'm tired of turning you over to the Rangers, I should destroy you here and now, no muss no fuss." There was a sudden overwhelming begging and pleading coming from every ship, Derrick laughed that ought to make more than a few give up pirating.

"Shelby," Derrick sighed, "Inform the Rangers; tell them they have another gift, fifteen more ships. Also tell them a pirate clan leader is among those disabled." A slight smile on her face Shelby sent the message then pulled away far enough to watch. An hour later, several second class Ranger ships dropped out of hyper-space.

"Derrick I have seventy percent light shield but I am afraid they might be able to detect me. We still have fifty five minutes thirty seconds before trans-warp is active. I started cycling the engines already so as soon as they are ready we can depart." Shelby stated.

They stayed the entire time, though Derrick was sure they had been detected twenty minutes after the Rangers arrived.

Onboard the lead ship, the Plymouth, the science officer started to notice an anomaly ten thousand miles away. When he asked that they check it out, he was told to go back to work and not mention it again. The young officer noticed that his commanding officer was very tight lipped about it. Shrugging the young officer continued to take readings but found most of his scans were reflected back at him. Thinking a moment he remembered hearing something about this, where was it? Yeah! The academy! It wasn't a defense per say but the type of metal the ship was made of. Quickly he switched scans; this was caught immediately by Shelby who adjusted for it.

"Derrick I think someone might be on to us I'm not sure, I am detecting a scan specifically for us. I have already adjusted but I advise protective cover." Shelby advised.

"Alright let's go." Fuck, Derrick thought, no more watching, that was close.

12