Lost Empire Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,208 Followers

"I concur," Zan added, "this is far more sensitive than the first you had us using."

"I am hoping it will aid in detecting more of the EIG's, at present we could search for one hundred years and not even find half of them. I have to increase this, I have to for Shelby, you guys and..." Here Derrick's words caught in his throat, "for Lucy, for what she did she deserves to be brought back, she sacrificed herself for all of us. I will not let her go, not that easy, I WILL find her again if it takes the rest of my life."

Shelby had tears in her eyes, again she was starting to feel things she'd never felt before, things that hurt and made her feel as if she could do anything at the same time.

"Mary," Derrick called, "I need you to open a channel to what's left of the fleet, this standoff needs to stop right now."

"Yes Sire, opening a channel now, all batteries at full, shields are at full, I am targeting the front two hundred ships and am prepared to open fire on your order." Mary advised.

Nodding Derrick thought a moment before he spoke, "To what's left of the Republic fleet, this standoff needs to cease. Therefore, I am asking for a cessation of hostilities, I do not wish to destroy any more ships or lives. Under imperial law I am allowing you to retreat and be pardoned. This little war of Maury's is getting people killed that shouldn't be. I will not stand down, plus I don't think you can succeed against us, therefore I am asking that you stand down before more lives are needlessly lost." Derrick wasn't much for speeches but he hoped for once that these men valued their lives more than following an idiot any further.

Things were quiet a few moments longer, then the last flag ship's commander could be heard. "I also would like to end hostilities with you. I have never seen in all my years, 5000 ships taken out as fast as they were, I cannot speak for all the men. Give us an hour and I will reconvene with you and let you know our decision, I will also let you know if we wish to remain with the Republic."

Derrick could only smile he was hoping for something like this, from all that Maury had done he was convinced that well over ninety percent of the Republic's forces would join him. "Zan, Conner I want you to integrate the new detection system into the old one I want full scans as soon as you're done."

"Yes Sire," they both answered, "the changes are already being loaded into our systems as we speak."

"I estimate we should have them up and running in one hour fifty seconds." Zan reported.

"Good I want to know as soon as you have contact, this new system should increase the likely hood that we start finding the others." Derrick told them.

"Derrick?" Shelby asked, "What of me? Do you also want me to upgrade my systems? Did I do something wrong?" she said a little hurt looking down.

"I am not punishing you Shelby, you and I are going to be going and retrieving them, I noticed that your bay area is far more conducive to the re-gen process then the others, lately I have developed a few theories as to why but I think that is for another time." Derrick replied.

"I'm not sure what you mean Derrick, yes, it will be a good topic for later." Shelby said not really sure what Derrick had in mind.

"Mary I want you to keep an eye on Maury's ship let me know if you detect any other ships near it. I don't want to even let that idiot think he has a chance to escape." Derrick ordered.

"Yes Sire, I am keeping a lock on the area around the ship to persuade any that get to close to turn away." Mary advised Derrick.

"Good, now I just have to find more of the EIG's so that when we take the empire back, then we can actually hold it." Derrick said as Mary nodded agreement with him though from where she was, things were starting to go their way.

Pars001
Pars001
2,208 Followers
12