Lost Empire Ch. 49

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,209 Followers

Sighing Derrick could see that this like the last time with Tara was going to take a while. As patiently as he could with what he could tell her Derrick went into what he had seen while he'd been in the palace. Finishing up Derrick told her, "I'm sorry that all of this has happened your highness. Your husband's sudden death without passing the codes to his son caused Mary to hesitate. As with the others of the line, they all had such mistrust of the very system created to protect them."

The Empress looked at Derrick then even closer. "You speak with a familiarity of the family and the royal line. Much of what you have said strikes several chords of memory. So then," the woman said sitting up straight. "What is to become of me and my son?"

"All I know is that you were saved and made your way to this outer planet of the empire." Derrick told her.

The woman's eyes narrowed then she nodded. "I understand you can't tell me of the future, thereby effecting your own life. I go wishing you luck with everything." Bowing low she said with a smile, "Emperor!" Then the woman and the child both vanished from the ship.

Tempro appeared a moment later. "She is ensconced within the structure Sire. I made sure that she had adequate supplies. I also equipped a small shield for her. I am afraid though that the power is only for a year. I have no reading of her or her son after a year. I'm sorry Sire."

Derrick nodded as he turned toward Tempro from the spot where the Empress had stood. "Yeah I know Tempro; it has to be this way. It always has to be this way." Derrick said then whispered. "At least for now."

"Status on Shelby?" Derrick suddenly asked.

"She is nearing completion of her regen cycle. She..." Tempro started.

"Actually brother," came Shelby's voice. "I am here. I am close to being completely repaired Derrick. I apologize that it took as long as it did. There was far more damage than I had at first thought."

"Good," Derrick said a smile lightening up his face. "Bout time we had some good news. So am I going to get some from you?" Derrick asked of Tempro.

"Going over data now Sire. It appears that the drift is now moving more into correct position. It would seem that the talk you had with her was what was needed to finally set things back to where they should be." A now smiling Tempro told Derrick. "An extremely good job Sire. Almost everything in our time is as it should be or rather almost as it should be."

"Good 'bout time things started to go our way for once. I suggest light cloak 'til such time as Shelby is finished with her regen." A now happier but tired Derrick told both of the ships. "I need to get some rest before we go on any further. Wake me in six to eight hours." Derrick moved off toward the quarter's area again, suddenly finding he was standing outside the Captain's Quarters. Smiling Derrick went in lying down asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

It was about seven and a half hours later that an alarm awoke Derrick. His sleep had been fitful as he'd heard a few of the ships that were left doing his best not to respond to them.

Flashing onto the command deck Derrick rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he saw a small pirate fleet approaching. Damn it they weren't ready! Tempro didn't have near enough fire power to take this many! "Shelby? How long?" Derrick asked.

"I need two more hours! Derrick there is no way I'll be ready in time!" Derrick started typing at a furious pace. Shocked a moment he started to type faster. Looking up he saw the pirate fleet as several ships exploded. Then several more! There was an trans-warp flash then twenty more ships exploded. Within minutes all the ships were debris. Smiling

Derrick nodded then started to type instructions to Tempro. Nodding Tempro emitted a blue wave moving into it.

Derrick watched as the past Tempro, Shelby and his self entered the red wave. Well past as he thought of it. "Alright Tempro moving to dock, set for our time."

"Affirmative Sire coordinates set, moving to dock." Tempro stated.

As they shut down Derrick sighed now they could finally go home! "Great job Shelby! I just hope we can get all the way home this time."

"I am hoping also Derrick. I miss my children as I do mother and the Empress." Shelby told him.

Derrick flashed to the command deck looking everything over when a thought hit him. Stepping to the control keypad Derrick started to type at an almost furious and desperate speed. With a smile he sat as the Tempro emitted a red wave then was moving into it.

As space went dark Derrick said a silent prayer as they moved forward. A mere two or three minutes later they emerged near a freighter. "Sire?" Came Tempro's concerned voice. "We seem to have stopped five to six years before our present time. I am not reading anything that needs to be corrected. SIRE! I am reading a system failure with the freighter in front of us! It appears that the structural integrity is failing with the pressure hatch! Failure imminent!"

"I know Tempro! I think it's about time we fixed a few things in our time!" Derrick said as he watched intensely then the hatch failed as a body was blown out of it. "Move to intercept!" Derrick yelled. A moment later a tall man was gasping for breath as Derrick lowered him to the floor. "It's ok Sergeant, I got you!

The man was still gasping for breath suddenly stopped looking up into the eyes of Derrick, "Co ... Commander? But how?"

"That's a long story. Got a proposition for you Sergeant Norman. You in?" Derrick asked a wide smile on his face.

Pars001
Pars001
2,209 Followers
12