Lost Empire Ch. 52

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Empress?" Lucie said snapping the Empress out of her recollection. "Are you ok? You seemed to be lost to us there a moment."

Shaking her head Shelby looked at Lucie, "Yes, I was just remembering when all the A.I.'s were activated. The programmers and techs were so paranoid. They barely enabled any of the emotion programs. I know quite well what you were going through, though not to the extent you did. Now then let's retire to your room awhile, perhaps we can help each other!"

____________________________________________________________________

Derrick was floating in the grey mist again just like the first time he'd met Shelby. Reaching out he felt for her but found that he couldn't feel her anywhere!

Trying harder still nothing a moment later Tempro appeared. "I'm sorry sire I withdrew you as quick as I could. Unfortunately you were very close to the regen matrix when I pulled you out. I am sorry that you were injured sire, I would never forgive myself if you were hurt badly."

Derrick shook his head as memories started to flow back slowly. Staring at Tempro Derrick waited a few more moments before he said, "Tempro! You're Tempro!"

With a happy sigh Tempro nodded, "Yes Sire, as I said give it a few minutes all should return."

"Oh, ok." Derrick said as he waited more and more memories starting to reintegrate. A few moments later Derrick sat up looking at Tempro. "How long?" Derrick asked.

"I estimate that you have been unconscious for almost two days now. Miss Shelly and Mrs. Mita are both worried that you won't wake up. Shall I inform them that I was able to contact you?"

Derrick was quiet a few moments as he contemplated everything that had happened so far. Sighing Derrick nodded, "If they are that worried then by all means let them know. Just be careful how you explain it to the little girl. You remember the last time she got technical information."

A few moments later Tempro appeared beside the bio-bed startling both Shelly and her mother, Mita. Shelly's face broke into a smile, "Mr. see through man! Is the nice man that is father's friend going to be alright?"

Tempro smiled as Shelly ran her hands through his holographic representation. She had done it so many times the last few days that it wasn't really bothering him anymore. "I am here to tell you that I was able to contact him. I am afraid that the shock he received was worse than I thought. Since I was able to contact him he is better, though I am afraid it will be a few more days before he is awake." Looking at Gunther he stated as the bio-bed shut down. "Second lieutenant Shiloh you have been cleared of what was wrong."

"Hallelujah!" They all heard Gunter yell as he sat up tentatively expecting to be pulled back down. Jumping down he ran to his wife and daughter hugging them both. "God! It feels so good to get out of that thing! So how long before the commander is awake? I am assuming that he is the only one that can drive this beast?"

Tempro looked a little more than hurt at Gunter's words. Mita saw this and poked her husband in the ribs. "Gunter! You need to apologize! That wasn't a very nice thing to say!" Mita was staring at Gunter with her hands on her hips a little scowl on her face.

Shocked Gunter looked at his wife then at the hurt expression on Tempro's face. "What did I do now Mit... OW! What was that for?"

"In case you haven't noticed the hologram is part of a living A.I. system. Extremely complex. Calling the ship a beast is like me saying that you are fat and disgusting to me. Now APOLOGIZE!" Mita said with force behind her voice.

Gunter swallowed turning to Tempro, "I'm sorry about the comment Tempro. I got carried away, excited to be out of the bio-bed."

Tempro tried not to smile looking at the short Asian woman, a new appreciation for her forming. Turning to Gunter Tempro nodded a small smile forming on his lips. "Thank you sir, it isn't often any remember we too are alive. Though we are different from biological forms we are alive."

Gunter was nodding looking at his wife as her glare had grown softer, now an almost pleasant look.

12