Lost Empire Ch. 61

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shelby nodded, still a little stunned at the affection that Derrick had poured into the kissed that they had shared. "I... I should go make sure that everything is proceeding with the wedding plans."

Derrick straightened up as he walked up to Shelby. "Perhaps we could both go? You have freed a lot of worry from my mind. Again Shelby was stunned at Derrick's suggestion.

With a sigh she decided that now was as good a time as any to breech the subject. "Derrick we still don't have weddings clothes for you. We need to have you in grand clothes that befit your station."

Derrick stopped a moment as Shelby was afraid that he was going to vehemently disagree again. Steeling herself up, she awaited his displeasure then was shocked by his next words.

"Alright, let's go look though I can't guarantee that I will like them. Perhaps we can take part of one with part of another. I just don't want to embarrass myself, the empire, and especially you." Derrick told Shelby making her stomach flutter again. My god she thought was he finally starting to love me? She'd been so lonely for him, especially when he vanished in time. That wasn't an experience she ever wanted to go through again.

Derrick looked at Shelby she really was as brilliant as he was. He could see now what his mother, Gran, and Mary had meant that she was perfect. Never mind the fact that she literally was made for him. Nodding to himself, he could see that now.

-----------

Zan was still worried the re-gen now had the period of recharge at one minute. True they had started to get further and further away from the Tendrax fleet. He was still worried that they couldn't get through to the emperor. Going through all his weapons he finally made up his mind. After two more times of Trans-warp they'd be far too close to planets for this to work.

Zan appeared on the command deck of Johnathon and Ace a moment later. "Prime Zimmel, I have a plan to help. I am afraid that I won't be able to continue with you, afterwards." Zan continued on when Zimmel tried to interrupt. "I am proud to do this Prime Zimmel, for the empire and the emperor." Turning he bowed to Lucie as he said in a whisper. "I hope that this will allow you to forgive me for the wrong that you feel I have done you."

Ace appeared tears in his eyes as he whispered, "Go with honor, my brother."

Lucie could only stand there when Zan disappeared. What in the hell had Zan been on about? Then she watched in absolute horror as Zan stopped then reversed course, what in the hell was Zan thinking?

Zimmel saluted Zan then sat, trying to coax more speed out of Ace. Damn it! This was going to be close if Zan released too early they were dead. It was about ten minutes later that Zan engaged the front of the advancing fleet.

Even as the Tendrax started to open fire on Zan he vanished appearing to the side laying waste to many ships there. Streaking across the front of the ships Zan started to destroy even more. Moving as fast as he could Zan started to fire almost continually destroying as many ships as he could. Reaching the end he turned trying to accelerate before they got a bearing on him.

Zan was surprised that his hyper-drive had lasted as long as it had. Checking Ace's position he nodded then Trans-warped to the front of the fleet again. Nodding with a determined smile on his face he started to launch the missiles.

Lucie saw the readings her eyes going huge as new tears started to fall from her eyes. "My god, no!" She whispered as she saw that the missiles were on course. It was Sherry all over again. "No Zan, you didn't have to!" Lucie started to yell.

A moment later Zan appeared on board. Bowing to Zimmel he stated, "It was indeed an honor prime, brother." Turning to Lucie he stated. "Tell her I love her." Then he was gone.

Lucie watched in abject horror as Zan kept up his barrage on the front of the Tendrax fleet. A minute later there were several bright blasts that started forward and backward. The fleet seemed as if they were erased from sight as the blast started to wash over each ship like a wave.

"No Zan! NO!" Lucie was shouting as the wave finally reached where Zan was at the front of the fleet. Then like them he too seemed to have been erased from existence. "NO, NO, NO!" Lucie was screaming as she collapsed on the deck.

"We're not completely free yet. Miss Lucie, I suggest that you strap in NOW!" Moving as if on autopilot she secured herself in the seat.

'Why,' she thought, 'why?' Then she noticed that the ship was starting to experience turbulence.

"Another thirty seconds prime, heat, and radiation minimal. Ten seconds, energy wave dissipating. Clear prime." Ace informed them.

A moment later Derrick's Hologram. "Can you tell if he got most of them? Derrick asked sadly.

"Not as of yet sire." Zimmel told them. "We had seven confirmed launches from Zan. Not sure if he ever launched the last.'

Derrick nodded as he felt the grief set in. Zan had been with him almost as long as Shelby. They had to find him as soon as they could.

Lucie was still sitting there her head hung low when she suddenly snapped her head up. "What?" Nodding her head she had a vacant look in her eyes. Just as suddenly she grabbed her head screaming. "No! Too many, please there are too many of you. Please stop. I can't take this many voices!" Screaming again she collapsed in the chair unconscious.

"Med bay now!" Derrick was shouting even as she vanished. "Admiral Hartwell should be there soon." Derrick said then clicked off. A moment later a ship emerged from Trans-warp connecting with a tractor beam they were gone a minute later.

Amid the wreckage a myriad of thoughts shouted when they saw the ships. Then they shouted more when the ships disappeared.

12