Lost Empire Ch. 86

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Decide sir?" Kimison asked.

"Yes, decide if I should put you in confinement for a few years," Derrick said, trying to control his anger.

"Sir? May I say something?" A mechanical voice said behind all of them.

They all turned to see the sentinel sitting on the end of the table. "You wish to say something? I thought you were only semi-sentient," Derrick said.

"No sir, as I told Mary, I was trying to access all the organic systems. To bring all of them online," the sentinel said.

Derrick nodded "If you are indeed sentient, then please speak," Derrick said.

"Thank you, sir, Mr. Kimison went into this realizing that most would react like this. While I was growing, he actually asked if I wanted to do this," the sentinel said. Everybody could only stare at Kimison.

"That... that is a major accomplishment," both Derrick and Rayburn said.

"I also thought so, sir. I like, him, am devoted to you and the empire. I realize I am only a small part living; I wish to serve as he does," the sentinel said.

"Well, since he does appear to be sentient, has a strong duty to the empire and you. I, as empress, commander of the scientific section of the empire, see no problem with it," Empress Shelby said. Her holo-gram appeared beside Derrick's, her pointing a finger at Kimison. "IF, you EVER do something like this again without checking with me? The punishment the emperor would give you is tame compared to what I'd do, am I clear?"

Both Rayburn and Kimison, along with Derrick all shook for a moment. "We understand Mam," Rayburn said.

"Understood fully Mam," Kimison said.

"For now, we need to analyze all the data, see where we can go from here. Oh, also, I want to see this machine you have that you communicated with the cells with," Shelby said sternly.

Kimison could only stare almost frozen to the spot he was on. He wasn't being punished? A shake of his head drew the Empress's attention, "no, you're not being punished this time. Remember, if it happens again? I will not be responsible for what WILL happen to you."

This broke Kimison out of his shock, "Yes, my Empress, I will remember."

This brought a smile to Shelby's lips, perhaps this will be a deterrent to all of them.

"Now then, let's see to the data before too much more happens," Shelby said.

___________________________________________________________

Risen cursed as the ship started going further and further off course. "Try to stabilize the damn ship," he yelled above the engine strain.

"Unable to comply, one of the stabilizing fins has been damaged. At the moment, control is ninety-nine percent impossible. Preset acceleration out of orbit must cycle through before control is re-established," the computer said.

Risen was pissed, those damn Xetherans, he had half a mind to destroy the rest of them. Hell, one continent wasn't going to be enough, no more had to die for this offence.

A look at the readings showed that he wasn't even near the damn planet. A growl escaped his lips as he fought to gain control. The only problem was that everything he did had no effect.

"We are now bouncing off the atmosphere. At present speed we won't regain control for fifty-nine minutes," the computer said.

"Damn it!" Risen growled as he watched the planet grow smaller and smaller as the ship started to gain speed.

12