All Comments on 'Love and Truth'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wow, first commenter on a DG story

I believe her. The story makes sense to me. It was nice to read a complete short story. Seems like all the authors want multiple chapters anymore. I don't get on the computer enough to read chapters every day. Keep up the writing DG. You write them and I'll be here to read them.

A loyal fan.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Short, simple story well told...

Sounds like it's about time for Britt and Peter to pop out a few rug rats and have some real fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Gritty reality ... but love triumphs!

Well done, DG. I always look forward to your stories.

This was well done as usual - nice read.

Regards, Jack

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Tear Jerker

That is a real tear jerker i started to feel Peters hurt and i know how it feels not having a job and when i graduated from high school i had trouble like him finding a job and being a religious person like him i feel for him and Britt .

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great...

This story was cold as fire and hot as ice..

great work...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
HoWow!

A siple short story that makes all the time spend in reading worth the waiting!

-Loyal DG Hear's fan

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very well done!

DG,

A simple story, well told. The fact that a story this short can get the emotions running like this is a testament to the author. Thanks!

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Crock

What a crock of bible thumping bull-shit. You should save this crap for lighthouse, or one of those other relgious rags.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Loving Wife Story

This is a very good story line and well written. Perhaps one needs to weed ones own garden once in a while to remove the weeds growing in it. There were many "weeds" in this story that neither spouse "weeded".

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Good story.

A loving couple and one can wonder how many times has it happened to couples. Certainly has been enough of the layoffs.

Good writing DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Typical well written story

Another well written story by DG Hear, but as it's written it's very hard to feel any sympathy for Daniel who spends his time boozing it up with the local bar girls while his wife is out working to pay the bills, then goes ballistic when he sees his wife holding a guys hand. Why the hell would Brittany want to keep an idiot like this for a husband? 60 year old George

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
So that's where real loving wives stories are...

Short;simple;concise;with credible and moving characters - how rare!

BTW To the reader who resents the church part. I am no church enthusiast, but prctically speaking, where did you want this guy to go - another bar? one of many community centers (which do not exist for no money)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Quite the mushy offering

It's nice that the boozehound straightened his shit out but this was one mushy story. At least you didn't have her put in irons and sent to a debtors prison simply because she touched another man's hand like so many of these stories do. So I gave you 2 because it wasn't so one sided towards the man.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Great!!

A sentimental story that shows us life as it very often is - could well have been in the "Loving Wives" class. All the best for 2007! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
always good

this is a good although short. gives a lot of advice in how a marriage should be. i liked the God is the answer to all undertone. great story

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Well, I believe her too. However, that doesn't mean peaches and roses in the future.

He is a drunk in waiting and she is open to seduction. Life is stressful even under good conditions. Their decision to have a kid WILL NOT make things better. Kids are great, really! But no one can deny they add stress to your lives and cut deeply into personal time with your spouse.

They are too immature to start a family and too poor to finance one.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
Get a grip!!

"... she is open to seduction." Yeah, and once a cheater, always a cheater, right? Even though she didn't cheat, she didn't snatch her hands away immediately and slap the guy. What a slut and whore. The wimp should kick her sorry ass out. No, wait. He would have no where to go and no money to use to get drunk.

DG, it's too bad you didn't have her cheat. You could have made some people very happy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
mindless drivel

caricatures like this are not entertaining - they are pathetic

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
INTO EACH LIFE RAIN MUST FALL

but no one needs a hurricane. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
i guess having a baby is cheaper than paying credit?

not by an chance, the bills and credit are just starting

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

You packed a great deal into this little story. Thanks.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Yep it hit all the buttons

We all have them and sometimes the people who we love the most push them the hardest -

We really need to think of those we love more and about ourselves a lot less.

Thanks -

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Late again...

I don't know how this one slipped by me. I'm surprised it's gotten so few comments. I really liked it. D.G. hit a home run here.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Great

An inspirational tale. Just goes to show there's always hope, even when it seems impossible.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THOSE 2 TRAITS SEEM TO BE IN CONSTANT TURMOIL

we need to find a cause and cure. TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 8 years ago
Another nice short.

Would have been another interesting longer version.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WONDER HOW LONG SHE WOULD HAVE HELD OUT

had he continued drinking....so easy to be sweet talked in to opening her legs for another guy especially with money....happens all too often....but men are such gutless assholes that they always end up boozing and throwing money away...so no wonder women give out to men who look after them better....one big lesson learned before it was too late....

Design82Design82almost 6 years ago
Very refreshing

I don't normally read stories that make the 'admission' at the start about "NO SEX".....well, this is a sort-of sex-based site!!

But I'm glad I did. Very modern story - about the problems of modern life, and the difficulties encountered trying to 'get by', when you are just 'average' (which a few billion of the population are!).

Glad about the happy ending!!

The only thing I disagreed about, was the religious aspect - but each to their own (as Dave Allan used to wisely advise......)

fritz51fritz51about 5 years ago
Good straight up story

Gave it a 5*s because it's nicely written and had me totally involved. It's a scenario that could happen to most anyone and they at least didn't launch into revenge fucking without finding truth first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quick and clean

A nice short story with a real world setting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
it's called need understanding.

don't fall into others words. because they do it for their benefit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sounds very true

realistic but I don't think they are ready to have a child. They need to work out their issues and see if he stays sober for at least a year.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
On

On their wages how can they afford to have a child?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awww...

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Nice story, true love prevails. 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Could have so easily went tits up. Communication is key. Never assume what other people is telling you is the truth but DO assume they're telling you for their benefit, and therefore always ask: "what do they stand to gain if what they're telling me is true?" That approach will save a lot of hassle. Oh, and of course, never stoop as low as revenge cheating, especially if your basis is hearsay or less than hard evidence. Glad it worked out for these two in the end. Or at least until the next temptation or predator pops up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...