Love As The Darker Binding Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ushandi may be thought of as a sort of hellhound," Abi said, "but I think that you can easily see that it is not really a fair way of thinking of them. A hell hound cannot really be a friend to you in much of any way than perhaps a wild dog can be a friend to a human for a time if he wishes and that is a long stretch where a hell hound is concerned. If he does not kill you, he might even take care that you live, but he will hold his thoughts inside of him.

They usually care only for themselves. You have seen Sandryah for a moment earlier today. He is not as the others I have known, and so for that and his other qualities, he has his place among us. In his own way, he is much more like an Ushandi than a hell hound. One day, I expect to come around a corner and find him talking with one or two of you, for he speaks far more than any one of his kind that I have ever known and he can even manage to be a little polite.

But an Ushandi and I think also an Arundi can easily be as much a friend or enemy to a human as any other being with a mind. You can speak with him, play or work with him, discuss plans and even what you would both like to eat for a meal with him. Even better, once you have found your way together, he will carry you since he is made for it and neither of you will tire.

And there is something else to be said for befriending one. You will never find a more staunch ally in a fight, and now it is my hope that I can forget about keeping the cousins apart. I did not take Arundi out of pity. I took them also out of my own need."

He looked at Kiriel and smiled, "And you human cousins may ask any of them anything. Our young friend here did not know how much he was allowed to say in front of you earlier. I give you all permission to speak of anything, so long as you keep sensitive things quiet between you and your riders if it concerns them. I even think that it will be needed, for it is my hope that beyond a pack, you all might come to be more of a close group, so that fighting for and defending each other does not take a conscious thought in you. It should only be a reaction.

I have given you a large room to stay in as your quarters. There is a purpose for it in my mind. Kiriel and Noli are of age, but they have not filled out yet and that will take another year and hundreds of kilos of food," he smiled.

"Also, they are young princes of their kind as I have said, but here, I mean that in their line it takes a little longer for them to reach their stride. One day, they will reach the size and strength which they are destined to have, but until then and afterward, I wish for them to be partners with you. That means that they will sleep in the same large room as you. I believe that it is large enough for some privacy if that is wanted.

They are not animals, and so that room is to be shared by four people," he said, indicating them all with his hands.

"Now," he began, "a few words about these five Ushandi in particular. These ones are far from where they grew up. In such a circumstance, they immediately formed a pack because it is the natural thing for them to do in a new place all of a sudden. But I should have given some guidance then. Instead, what happened was Shanok taking charge and showing how stupid he really was. It went hard for the young ones, especially Kiriel and Noli. It is why I chose to give you four to each other so that they might finally feel at ease as you come to know each other."

"I do not understand," Mokonyi said, "What does this mean?"

Noli looked rather uncomfortable then and Abi pretended not to see it. "It means that until they reached their full size and weight - and strength - they were often subjected to displays of dominance by the larger male who led them today.

You might see that it was beyond stupid as a way of thinking. What would happen when these two grew up at last? Two large males against one who had tormented them. It can only have one ending, but it was too far out for Shanok to see."

Mokonyi didn't get it. All that she saw in Noli was that he was handsome to her eyes and everywhere that she looked on him, all that she saw was strength. But Oyan understood and quietly remarked that she'd explain it to Mokonyi afterward, so Abi was about to go on with other matters.

Janaah held up her furry hand then and asked if she might say something. Abi nodded, "Of course. This dinner and meeting is so that you all might come to know each other. I am too quiet most of the time and too often prefer my own company. It makes me a very poor speaker in any group, I think.

Speak your thoughts please, Janaah. You are as much a part of this as anyone else."

She looked very shy right at that instant, now that she'd been given the podium, so to speak, and she tried not to squirm like an adolescent Ushandi, though it was ground which was not far behind her. At last, she looked at Abi and began.

"You did not really tell of the four of us, my lord; Prince Noli and Prince Kiriel, Thelly and me. I think that I know why, so I will try not to shame us all, but I think that it needs to be said who we are."

As Abi was about to point out that he'd done that, she shook her head and indicated the four of them, "No my lord, some of us do not even know who we are to each other. I see that you are mighty and as such, must think of many things. Something such as what Thelly and I wish to say might easily not have come to your mind."

He got it then and he nodded, lifting his hand to urge her to speak, so she turned to look at them all.

"Bera protected us from Shanok and we wish to say our thanks for it. What she did was to protect us from the same things which would have happened to us if we'd stayed where we were when this lord came to ask for Ushandi to go with him.

Thelly and I, ... we wish to say that if it is decided that the female Ushandi are to have a leader when we are working, then we would like to say that we would follow Bera. She tries to hold herself apart from us, but we like her anyway, and see that she is wise."

Bera had to look down then, but she was smiling for a moment. "Such a thing has not been decided," she said, "but I thank you for your thoughts of me."

Janaah seemed to have lost the wind from her sails then, so Thelly reached out and nudged her to remind her of what they wished to say. Janaah took a deep breath and plunged on.

"Thelly and I know who Kiriel and Noli are.

They do not know us.

That is not right.

Among our kind, when it happens that there is more than one male in a royal birthing, the younger one or ones are called the Doomed Princes by the people. Everyone knows that one day, either sooner or later and long before he ascends to the throne, the eldest male will kill his brothers.

Everyone knows this down to the lowest peasant and until that day, all show the respect which they must show. But everyone waits for the news all the same, since it gives them all something to talk about in their little lives in the market or where they work.

The king allows this as his father before him did. They all think that it shows that the killer will be a strong king. Thelly and I know different. We know some of the secrets of that house.

The Queen, their mother would spit and rail to hear this, but another thing that everyone knows is that the king likes to play with as many females as he can get into his hands. My mother was assistant to the Queen's chambermaid. The King saw her one day and he kept her in a large home with some others so that he could fuck them until he grew tired of them."

Thelly nodded, "My mother was a serving girl in the kitchens. It happened to her as well."

Before the king was tired of them, our mothers bore us and since they'd become friends, they told us together as soon as we were old enough to understand. They told us both that if we ever saw a chance to get away, that we should take it, for the King always looks at his bastard daughters to see if they grow a little pretty and if so, ... if, .. if they do, ... "

"He keeps them for the same thing," Thelly said, looking upset, "And he'd already looked at us and told us that it would happen, as though we were chosen for something special. None of those females ever live long enough to grow old. My mother -"

She began to struggle not to cry and it was clear how the rest of the story went by then.

Janaah put her hand on Thelly's shoulder and tried to go on as she looked at the males.

"You may not know us," she croaked as she fought to maintain control over her young voice, "but we are your half-sisters and we know you. We saw you a few times and they told us that you would die one day."

Noli and Kiriel sat in shock, staring open-mouthed at the females. Their fur patterns made perfect sense all of a sudden, for it was really a royal trait. Kiriel had it himself, though it could not be seen on Noli except in very strong sunlight.

Noli thought that to look as they did, everyone must have known and made fun of them when they were little. He felt a little sad at that.

"We do not know if it is what is right," Janaah said, "but we spoke of it together quickly when we saw that lord Abidon would take you."

She turned to Abi and she leaned forward to prostrate herself before him in front of them all. "If we can ask it and if the princes do not disagree, we ask that we stay with our brothers."

As the rest stared, Thelly saw that she'd missed her part, so she did the same, lying forward next to Janaah before Abi, "We would die for them. What we had for a life was bad enough. What they had was worse."

"Please, lord," Thelly asked in a tiny quavering voice, "Allow us this. We will serve the princes if that is what they and you wish. We will serve all four. Only let us be near our brothers so that we might have the feeling of a family."

Abi sipped from his cup and thought of a reply. Finally, he drew a breath and smiled. "A little dramatic I think, but very heartfelt nonetheless. I have nothing against it as long as the group works well together."

He looked at the princes and then at the humans, "What do you all think? Will you take these sisters to live with you in the now less-spacious cabin?"

He smiled, "If it were me, I believe that I would say yes at this point."

As the princes and the humans turned to each other, Abi leaned down so that his head was almost between the two females and he began to whisper, "Are you in love with them?

I only ask. As long as my riders and my Ushandi are happy, it does not matter to me to me very much at all. To me, it is a pleasant thought. More of a family to the group can help to keep everyone alive."

The heads before him nodded, "Yes," Thelly whispered back, "I - I want Noli. I have from when I saw him. I would do anything, lord."

"I want Kiriel," Janaah said, "I would give anything, I swear it."

Abi frowned though they didn't see it.

"A word of warning, my lovely young Ushandi maidens; from this point on, never offer me something such as this. And never use the word 'anything' if you do.

You understand? Never.

Even I can be tempted."

He placed his hands on their shoulders lightly as he continued to whisper. "If they say yes - and they will, you should know that the humans are lovers between them. Your fine princes fuck each other as well. The humans and your princes are already drawing together because all of them have large hearts. Does this change anything for you?"

The head twisted from side to side. "No," Janaah whispered, "We want our brothers. The humans are fine to us also. How do we -"

"Good," Abi smiled, interrupting her with a gentle pat on her shoulder, "Then I see room for you both in it.

Think a little. You could have what you want and more. Do not try to push anything here. It will go in a way which benefits you all, though you could find yourselves lying with the humans also. What I see in my mind is that you all can be very happy from this, and I say it so that you understand.

All six can be very, very happy together in this family that you ask me for.

If they agree, take what is offered you by them and I can say that you will have what you want and more. Be patient now. I am very pleased to hear your wishes. I only ask that the next time, you ask without the hysteria and you might leave the histrionics behind as well.

Remember; to me, it does not matter that you might be seen as bastard girls by their family. You are all in my family now. I might never make much of it, but remember who you are.

If you are their half-sisters, then you are also half-princesses. Try to act a little more restrained."

He straightened up and looked at Bera, who looked as though she couldn't decide which way to react. She seemed to be stuck in between showing her distaste at the little bit of drama, or laughing her ass off at the way that it was taken so seriously by the young females.

Really, she could feel for them, all of them. And she did think highly of the two females. But then it was also their age, so she discounted the drama. She was actually very pleased that she'd have her own cabin now. Trying to keep her hands off of those young bodies was costing her hours of sleep every night.

"What do you say, Mokonyi?" Oyan smiled, "And you, sweet princes, now that we really know you. Do you want these girls? I already know which of them I might have to push aside in the bed now and then. Think about it, Mokonyi. I think that each of us might have two for us, if they do not tire of us."

"I'm not sure," Mokonyi replied, "it they cannot calm down a little, someone will wet the floor; either one of them in her earnestness, or me from trying not to laugh out loud.

But I can see that it is very important to them, so I think that I can make allowances for it if it does not last too long. What do you think, you two? You will have Ushandi girls who already love you. I can see it from this far away or I am blind."

"From what they said, they are our sisters," Kiriel said.

"So?" Oyan chuckled, "That would stop you? That those pretty ones are half-sisters which you never really knew?

Look at them. I have never seen one of you until today, but I see a pair of fine young girls for our boys. Either of them would be happy with either of you, though that is not the way that I see it happening. If she could, that Janaah girl wants you especially, while Thelly or whatever her name is wants Noli."

"I only hope that they both like girls just a little," Mokonyi said quietly, "That way, no matter where we go in the world, I could hope for a little warmth at night."

She nudged Noli, "So? Decide. I would take them if I were you. You have never really known how much magic there can be in a family. This is your chance. These sisters would do anything for either of you."

Noli looked at his brother, who nodded.

"We will have them," he said.

All four of them held up their hands with wide eyes a moment later, fearful for the dishes. "Slowly," Mokonyi chuckled, "save the happiness until we have room for it."

The sisters nodded with smiles and sat where they'd originally been placed until the meeting was finished.

"It is very warm here," Mokonyi said, looking around, "I do not think that it gets cold in here over the night."

"There is a reason," Abi began, "and it goes back to what I am," he said.

"Once again, I am a demon. But I like most of the humans that I meet and I do not wish to see harm come to almost all of them. There are some which I must hunt now and then for others, that is all. And none of those are good ones worth knowing.

In here, it is always warm. If you feel best without clothing, then please, wear nothing and enjoy the warmth. Tomorrow, I will give you both clothing for rough country or the colder places where we may need to go. The old monastery in particular can be dank and cold in many of the halls in the winter."

To all of them, he wished to speak of himself and the rest of his family a little.

"I have lived a long time. In that time, I have come to love a female very much. She was a human once, but, ... "

He looked down for a moment, "I know that for females of almost every type, there are often some things which are not equal or fair - much like what it is like for you humans. You come from different tribes of people and yet I see this by only one look at your lovely faces. It was the same long ago for Evaine.

Things went badly for her here and there over her life, but one day, she knew what she faced more surely than the sun's rise the next morning, and it would go even worse for her younger brother; the only one that she had left alive and the one that she loved more dearly than anyone.

I knew her then and after a long night of trying to think of ways for her to avoid their dark fate, I came to an idea and with nothing better, they both jumped for it."

He sighed then, "But there was a price to them both, and it was to change what they were. We have all been happy since, but on that dark dawn, they ceased to be completely human. They had to become a lot more like my kind. I wanted to offer a better way, but though I am high where I come from and not without power, it was all that I could do.

We wanted to have children, but as what she is, Evaine cannot make them with me.

Some years ago after much searching, I found a human who wanted us and to have our children. But even one such as I am can have enemies and that one took her from me. I need you to protect my family if I cannot be with them. It happens now and then.

You should know that you will never be completely alone in this task. Where I am from, I am a lord and I can have an army here or wherever we are to help you and our princes here to protect the ones that I love. They will even protect you, but I do not wish to call them in the daytime if it can be avoided.

I know that Oyan loves with you, Mokonyi. It is my hope that you both find something truly wonderful between you. Only sitting here, my heart is lifted to see such wonders as you both. All of you are very beautiful.

I think that most men could not see what I see so clearly in your faces. I sit with ones who have lost so much, and yet, I also begin to see the fiercest kind of strength.

Be the protectors of my craft and I will do as I can for you in return."

Oyan and Mokonyi whispered between them and turned to the princes. Abi sat with his head tilted in curiosity, but he smiled to himself after a few seconds, knowing once again that his choices in them had been correct.

They were about to help the princes in avoiding a mistake.

He watched the princes nod and then Kiriel spoke up, "If our place has the largest shower, and if we are truly cousins," he held out one hand toward the Arundi, "then we wish to offer that Jojo and Yuya stay with us."

The Arundi looked over in surprise.

Mokonyi nodded, "We have already learned about washing Ushandi. Oyan and I would help the Arundi to stay clean also. If we are to do everything else together, then why not this?"

Jojo tilted his head, "Why?"

Noli reached out with his hand toward JoJo, "If you think about it cousin, there is no rich and poor between us any longer. In this place we are the same."

After a moment where he stared at the outstretched hand, Jojo grinned and seized it with a friendly squeeze.

After some talk, it was decided that for now at least, the Arundi would stay in their cabin, but that Mokonyi and Oyan would wash them.

The Arundi were impressed and thankful.

"You may regret the offer, "Yuya smiled. "for we have much more fur on our hides when we show it - and we show it when we wish to be clean, but I thank you anyway."

"I do not understand," Oyan said, "You can hide your fur?"

Yuya nodded with a smile, "When it is very hot and we are not moving, we can hide our fur to give us a better chance to avoid overheating. It requires a few minutes, but then we are as bare-skinned as you."

1...345678